Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Who are all of us? Non Cricket  (Read 12764 times)

sudzz

• Team of the Century
Who are all of us? Non Cricket
« on: February 11, 2006, 02:27:35 PM »

I have been a member for over a month now and have found myself spending copious amounts of time on the DG either posting or reading.

I have wondered often times who are those behind the id's I mean the people. Some have straight id's like Gourav and some others often use fancy handles.

I was wondering if we could get to know a little more of each other and maybe find some long lost friends or colleagues etc.

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Bismallah Rahim izzz I izzz score 15017 runs
  • Team of the Century
  • sekho na naino ki bhasha..
Re: Who are all of us? Non Cricket
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 02:35:26 PM »

ok sudz let me be the first to do the honors, although i am quite sure that i wont find any long lost friends on the DG
my name's rohan shah, and i just turned 18, live in edison new jersey and am a upper sophmore at the city college of new york. my mom learnt to drive when we were in india so that i could attend cricket coaching, but i ended up becoming a professional chess player, represented TN in my age category and all, alas i would have gotten more fame being a cricketer  :D
Why did the chicken cross the road?

According to Le Chatelier:

The chicken crossed the road because there were too many moles of chicken
on the reactants side of the road equilibrium.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 05:47:16 AM »

anyone on facebook?

sudzz

• Team of the Century
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2006, 06:32:30 AM »

Hi all,
Iam Sudarshan, basically from Bombay and now in the middle east. Iam like all others a cricket freak but have never played the game at a professional level.

I love to watch almost all forms of cricket right from the rubber ball gali cricket to the real deal. I have an overall interest in sport and have played hockey for my college.

schumi

• Test Match Star
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 10:11:30 AM »

Hi,

I am Sundaresan, born and brought up in Chennai and still in Chennai.   Attended Loyola College, dont seem to remember what I studied (I did everything except that), but managed to survive due some good foundation in Maths. Happily married and have two kids, wife is also from chennai (not much of a chance to send them away to Grand paranets place for a vacation and freak out with friends). Work in the IT industry as a project manager / business analyst in the financial services domain.

Have played cricket at the entry league level for a very short duration. Used to play in local chess tournaments as well. Interests include Chess, Formula 1 (hardly miss a race), reading Fiction and obviously cricket. A great fan of Michael Schumacher, Sunil Gavaskar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble and Ivan Lendl. Enjoy watching F1, Cricket matches with friends and Chill Beer !!!

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Team of the Century
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 04:05:31 PM »

Hi,

I am Sundaresan, born and brought up in Chennai and still in Chennai.   Attended Loyola College, dont seem to remember what I studied (I did everything except that), but managed to survive due some good foundation in Maths. Happily married and have two kids, wife is also from chennai (not much of a chance to send them away to Grand paranets place for a vacation and freak out with friends). Work in the IT industry as a project manager / business analyst in the financial services domain.

Have played cricket at the entry league level for a very short duration. Used to play in local chess tournaments as well. Interests include Chess, Formula 1 (hardly miss a race), reading Fiction and obviously cricket. A great fan of Michael Schumacher, Sunil Gavaskar, Rahul Dravid, Anil Kumble and Ivan Lendl. Enjoy watching F1, Cricket matches with friends and Chill Beer !!!

chennai le yenge? i studied in dav, nothing beats chennai.

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 11:40:16 PM »

WOW. Few guys from Chennai  ;D ;D

My name is Ravi. I'm doing my PhD in Comp Arch at NCState, Raleigh, NC. Born in Chennai. Lived there till 1999 before coming to US. Schooled in PSBB, undergrad in IITM. Not married yet.

I played cricket for IITM and still play for NCState. Right hand middle order bat and left arm orthodox - Incidentally, Legend Kartik is my idol  :D :D. Other non-cricketing interests include watching Tennis, NFL, College football and college batsketball. As you might have guessed from my handle, I'm a big fan of Asterix and have read each story multiple times.

Sahir

• Team of the Century
  • Vintage fruit can never rot!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 11:52:25 PM »

My name is-- wait for it-- Sahir.  Bet you could never have guessed. :D  I'm a law student at Syracuse University (expected graduation May 2007).  My interests...hmmm...I hate cricket ;D,  but seriously, I love tennis-- in fact, I was a nationally ranked junior tennis player.  Also like playing chess and basketball.  Played some baseball for a while in high school, but soon quit because I quickly made the varsity tennis team.  Pretty obvious that I'm sports crazy, but am also a bit of a movie buff.  And oh yeah...how could I forget-- I really like apples and apple pie. :P

colonel

• Test Match Star
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 02:57:06 AM »

I am a graduate student in economics at the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign. Born and raised in Calcutta, I have impeccable cricketing credentials - I was the reliable 12th man in the kids team of our neighbourhood, and the fact that I owned the kit had nothing to do with it. On the flip side, I have played under Saurav Ganguly's captaincy in the football team at St. Xavier's School.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 03:11:58 AM »

whoever went to UIUC gets karma points :D
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Team of the Century
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 07:08:33 AM »

so many chennaites  ;D, we still dont have a mcdonalds there and PSBB can never be better than DAV Gopalapuram, but you do beat us in size  ;D

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2006, 07:15:31 AM »

DAV who ;);)

BTW, McDonalds is opening up in a week I think in chennai.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2006, 11:44:29 PM »

I will move thread to "Etc" so it doesn't get lost among so many others on the main one!

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2006, 08:30:13 AM »

I am half Punjabee and half Bengali, born in Patiala.
I played cricket for Punjab University, way back in 1986.
By qualification I am an Architect, but while serving my company BSNL, I have switched to Information Technology.
Currently, I am posted in Pune, as Dy. Gen. Manager(IT), at BSNL's IT Project Circle.
My wife is a Bengali lady from Kolkata.
Nowadays, I play cricket with my 4 year old daughter.
I am not sure, whether I am acting the doting father or not, I feel, my daughter bats rather well for her age!
She is a natural left-hander. And the shot she plays well is unique too.
Before even the ball is half way down to her, her bat-swing follow-through finishes 270*...and meets the ball, with the back of the bat, on its way down!
And that sends the ball to odd angles. :)
Difficult to set a field for that kind of a shot!

I enjoy Saurav's batting...rather his painting with the bat, when he is in full flow and I believe, GC's agenda aside, he is still an integral part of Indian cricket.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 10:24:10 AM by Blwe_torch »

toney

• Team of the Century
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2006, 09:47:43 PM »

Nice thread, this one.

Name's Toney Mathew. I am from Kerala, living in Rockland, NY. I am married and both of us are in the software industry. I cant wait for my 8 month old son to grow up and play cricket with me. (Sahir, since you were brought up in the US, tell me what your father did to get you hooked onto the game).

Surprisingly (for some), I hated cricket till the tenth grade. I was brought up in Oman, in the Middle East and thought there was just one game in the world, football. I had watched a few cricket games during my childhood. I became a cricket fanatic after watching SRT clobber a few bowlers double his age. Even now, my favourite sport is football and I make it a point to correct anyone who calls it soccer. Given a choice between a tri nations finals (not involving India) and a Champions League prelim pool match, I'll choose the latter any day. I love tennis and watch all the Grand Slams.
Obviously, I have never played cricket beyond backyard and college cricket. I am passionate about leg spin and I think I have some skill in that department (the college having a very small ground made me realize I'll never go places). BTW I am probably the most horrible batsman in the world and could probably use a few tips from McG and Walsh.

I spend more time at these two DGs than anywhere else nowadays. You guys have been wonderful and the experience has been all good.
When intelligence matures and lodges securely in the mind it becomes wisdom. When wisdom is integrated with life and becomes action it becomes Bhakti. Knowledge when it becomes fully mature is Bhakti. To believe that Jnana and Bhakti, knowledge & devotion, are different from each other is ignorance.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 03:22:47 AM »

And I'm Saurabh. Grew up in Bihar and played a lot of cricket there at various levels until middle of high school, since when I've been in the US. Kapil Dev was my hero and not surprisingly I modeled my game after him -- hard hitting batsman (often caught at the boundry if it doesn't carry all the way) and swing bowler. Played tennis throughout high school (I've always liked doubles more) and was ranked high in California in doubles as a junior. Also played first year of college until I hurt my back and haven't played competetive tennis since. Did pick up baseball since and am a handy power hitter, which I owe to my cricketing prowess more than anything. Also giving spin bowling a try of late! Did my BA in Economics and Writing and currently doing MFA (which is PhD for creative writing) in Fiction. So, mostly a starving grad student right now but due for a stipend increase from next semester  ;D

CLR James

• Team of the Century
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 12:36:55 AM »

whoever went to UIUC gets karma points :D

What about me? I teach at UIUC!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 03:06:41 AM »

holy cow!
you're there too...what do you teach?
damn i shouldve stayed after freshman year. UIUC rocks. I'll be making a visit in March, came down in December.
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

CLR James

• Team of the Century
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 11:16:21 PM »

holy cow!
you're there too...what do you teach?
damn i shouldve stayed after freshman year. UIUC rocks. I'll be making a visit in March, came down in December.

Dhruv,

I teach in the Departments of English and Cinema Studies. Let me know when you come down in March. I will be out of town between 17-19, but otherwise I will be there.

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2006, 01:23:05 PM »

i am a certified serial killer posing as a cricket fan knowing fully well one day all of you will drop your gaurd, and now that i know who you are hee hee i am coming with my chainsaw.

when i am not my usual self i run a  design company (veda design technologies) in mumbai where me and partner and a team of designers and programmers develop content, sites, advertising and information across media.

like blwe i'm married to a bong.

two sites we have done in the past where the client was kind enough to let us do what we wanted 100% are:

www.odati.com
www.seeradha.com

you are welcome to see what we do at www.veda-dt.com

and clr james we need to have a chat. must. have to talk films with you , had requested earlier too.

the name is achuthan k.

you get no points silly, kslice by becoming persons no. 23546572 and no. 23546573 to quickly and brilliantly figure the beautiful anatomy hidden in my name. :)
there is more than meets the i

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2006, 01:26:09 PM »

and yes along with osama there should be a death sentence granted to anybody for the unprovoked use of the word "dude".  :)

colonel

• Test Match Star
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2006, 02:41:28 PM »

In this last one, i support you. Also, anyone who asks me to "chill" will be hacked to pieces.However, a chainsaw makes too much noise. Can I humbly request you to use a nice clean axe when you come after me?

I must also add that you are better off discussing films with Feverpitch.I know CLR personally - although a thoroughly nice man, he has a particularly virulent venereal desease that transmits via the computer keyboard when you chat with him.This is not to say that Feverpitch is totally safe, but his STD transmits only on Tuesdays! All other days, it's absolutely safe, as long as you leave out all words that contain the letter "a". If you don't take this precaution, your balls will turn green and fall off.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 02:49:32 PM by colonel »

toney

• Team of the Century
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2006, 04:19:56 PM »

and yes along with osama there should be a death sentence granted to anybody for the unprovoked use of the word "dude".  :)

I second that. I think dude usage has gone down thankfully among us DG members but I really get worked up when someone calls me that.

Good thing you pointed it out here, dude.
When intelligence matures and lodges securely in the mind it becomes wisdom. When wisdom is integrated with life and becomes action it becomes Bhakti. Knowledge when it becomes fully mature is Bhakti. To believe that Jnana and Bhakti, knowledge & devotion, are different from each other is ignorance.

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2006, 06:21:17 AM »

I second that. I think dude usage has gone down thankfully among us DG members but I really get worked up when someone calls me that.

Good thing you pointed it out here, dude.

saurav duduly

avinashgodkhindi

• Test Match Star
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2006, 12:08:15 PM »

Hi All

AS you would have guessed my name is Avinash Godkhindi. I am aan electrical engineer born in Pune, brought up Delhi and originally from karnataka. Have worked in the banking software industry for 6.5 years. Have traveled a bit in this time over a dozen countries and 4 continets and am currently working with NIIT Technologies and am currently on site in ING bank, Brussels. Cricket buff obvious and am also married some other fellas in the group. I am planning to join my MBA this year, either in the states or UK, have an admit from Maryland Univ, Smith School of business and have been interviewed by Darden ( viriginai Univ) and Fisher ( ohio).

So I would be grateful to any of u who can give me inputs/ideas/contacts about these univs and chicago GSB or London Business School( I have applied and waiitng for a result).

gouravk

• Team of the Century
  • Which way will this ball swing ?
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2006, 05:46:53 AM »

Wow ... my first visit to this thread ... I rarely visit any section other than General Discussion and this is indeed informative.

Must say we have a great bunch here - from professors and businessmen and managers and lawyers to well ... almost kids. I never realized the vast spectrum that we have here.

I now realize I have been quite improper at times in the way I have responded to some of you folk considering your profiles and achievements ... you know somehow when I start talking cricket with others ... I generally get the feeling like we are just the blokes hanging out you know ... becomes difficult in an online kind of situation to figure out the person ... my humble apologies.

Me ... my name speaks for itself ... altho special mention needs to be made that it was originally spelt G-A-U-R-A-V (Born and brought up in Pune not in Bengal so obviously it is an 'a' not 'o') Well way back in 1999-2000 when I was a huge fan of Sourav Ganguly and prided on myself having a similar name I changed it informally to Gourav. Well I no longer remain a fan ( you couldn't have guessed it now, could you ?) but the name has stuck.

Anyway am presently in Iowa City starting off my PhD in Computer Science at The University of Iowa. Completed my MS here last year. A self-acknowledged cricket expert I take pride in being a shrewd and clever judge of the game as well as my ability to anticipate what might happen in the near future (again something you all could never have guessed). Also love tennis, music (Indian mainly).
...Tvameva Vidya Dravidam Tvameva ... Tvameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva !!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2006, 05:50:14 AM »

Wow ... my first visit to this thread ... I rarely visit any section other than General Discussion and this is indeed informative.

Must say we have a great bunch here - from professors and businessmen and managers and lawyers to well ... almost kids. I never realized the vast spectrum that we have here.

I now realize I have been quite improper at times in the way I have responded to some of you folk considering your profiles and achievements ... you know somehow when I start talking cricket with others ... I generally get the feeling like we are just the blokes hanging out you know ... becomes difficult in an online kind of situation to figure out the person ... my humble apologies.

Me ... my name speaks for itself ... altho special mention needs to be made that it was originally spelt G-A-U-R-A-V (Born and brought up in Pune not in Bengal so obviously it is an 'a' not 'o') Well way back in 1999-2000 when I was a huge fan of Sourav Ganguly and prided on myself having a similar name I changed it informally to Gourav. Well I no longer remain a fan ( you couldn't have guessed it now, could you ?) but the name has stuck.

Anyway am presently in Iowa City starting off my PhD in Computer Science at The University of Iowa. Completed my MS here last year. A self-acknowledged cricket expert I take pride in being a shrewd and clever judge of the game as well as my ability to anticipate what might happen in the near future (again something you all could never have guessed). Also love tennis, music (Indian mainly).
[god] posts long!
-- Mohandas K *hi

sudzz

• Team of the Century
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2006, 08:04:32 AM »

This thread needs a lease of life...

jaat69

« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2006, 10:39:50 AM »

Yes...your call!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2006, 09:00:08 PM »

will get on that idea we talked about once the awards are done
-- Mohandas K *hi

RicePlateReddy

• Team of the Century
  • Chamat song
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2007, 04:35:07 AM »

I am posting this all time classic out here by way of introduction.

Who am I?

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When Iím bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I donít perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer, I toured New Jersey with a travelling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.

I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams.

I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.
I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. - (thanks, Hugh Gallagher)

sgusa

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2007, 04:39:43 AM »

KoP is Chuck Norris ?  :o

schumi

• Test Match Star
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 05:50:14 PM »

Guys wake up. Cmon' give this thread some Turbo I say. Now there is nothing to speculate,no silly SMS, email, sources, sources close to sources sources of sources etc., lets all jump in here and and get know more about each other. Especially I looking forward to getting to know more of FP and FL.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 05:00:04 AM »

Following KoP, I shall also quote a classic .. actually, a mix of classics

Rishtey mein to hum tumhare baap lagte hain Ö naam hain Vijay. Poora Naam, Vijay Dinanath Chauhan, baap ka naam, Dinanath Chauhan, Maa ka naam, Suhasini Chauhan, Gaon Mandwa. Umar Chatiis saal Ö

Apun wo kutte ki doom hai, jo baara baras nalli ke andar daal ke, nalli tedi hoti, apun sidha nahin hota! Lekin, humka aisa waisa na samjho, hum badey kaam ki cheez hain Ö jo sochey, jo chaahe woh karke dikha de, hum who hain jo do aur do paanch bana de. Aur, mein apne malikon ka puraana vafaadar hoon - jo leta hoon sut ke saath vaapas karma hun.

I can talk english, I can walk english, I can laugh english because english is a very phunny language. Lekin sahi baat ko sahi waqt pe kiya jaye to uska maza hi kuch aur hai, aur main sahi waqt ka intezaar karta hoon.

Aapko mere saamanya gyaan par koi vishesh tippani karni hai??
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2007, 07:00:12 AM »

Pretty early in life I learnt that if you wished to be in the thick of action always on a cricket field you had to be able to both bat and bowl. That was my first step as an all rounder and what better than opening both the batting and bowling. Now with age having caught up with me I have shifted to Off spin. My name is George and following a 15 year sojourn in the Middle East (used to have my own cricket team), now located at Kottayam in Kerala. I look after a Commercial Vehicle Dealership and with the business doing well as of now, have a bit of time on hand and hence out here. Married with a six year old daughter who BTW has just begun to recognize SRT and SG. SRT from his biscuit ads and SG I guess from the game.

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2007, 07:58:08 AM »

Pretty early in life I learnt that if you wished to be in the thick of action always on a cricket field you had to be able to both bat and bowl. That was my first step as an all rounder and what better than opening both the batting and bowling. Now with age having caught up with me I have shifted to Off spin. My name is George and following a 15 year sojourn in the Middle East (used to have my own cricket team), now located at Kottayam in Kerala. I look after a Commercial Vehicle Dealership and with the business doing well as of now, have a bit of time on hand and hence out here. Married with a six year old daughter who BTW has just begun to recognize SRT and SG. SRT from his biscuit ads and SG I guess from the game.

welcome aboard, broadbat. nice to have you around.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2007, 09:29:29 AM »

Welcome BB!

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2008, 09:57:08 PM »

After reading the VVS 281 anniversary thread.. it is clear we have a great bunch here. I am reviving this thread (with my introduction)  and moving it to the main board... Hope other DGians can add their details too.

---
I was born in Ajmer(Rajasthan), high-schooled in Nimach(MP), Bhopal(MP) and Rajahmundry(AP). Went to college at Varanasi(UP).

Been in US since 1986 (but for a 2 year break when I lived in England). Worked my entire professional life as a management consultant.

Became an entrepreneur in August 2001 (that was a month before 9/11 .. and you think Dhoni is crazy!!). Luckily, have been able to pay my bills since then...while enjoying my full time hobby of DGing here!!

I live with my wife and  2 beautiful daughters .. 8 years old and 2 years old.. in Phoenix, AZ.

I have watched cricket live at Lord's, MCG, Toronto, Barbados, Port of Spain, St Kitts, and Hyderabad. Since 1996, have been visiting the Caribbean whenever India tour WI. Plan to visit again in 2011. As most of you know, I took my elder one to St Kitts.. and she is eagerly looking forward to the next trip. If she becomes a cricket fanatic, I will be in seventh heaven!

One of my dreams (not goals) is to retire early or take a sabbatical ..and then travel from one cricket location to another - around the world - for 2 years ..and continuously watch live cricket.

Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2008, 04:49:49 AM »

is to retire early or take a sabbatical ..and then travel from one cricket location to another - around the world - for 2 years ..and continuously watch live cricket.
That would really be winningnow! ;D

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2008, 10:43:33 AM »

My name is Ravi...ravi1010 :)

1010 can be construed to be bits and bytes ...that makes this DG...also my DoB... If I were born a day early or later(thankfully not the same year) would have been as famous as John Lennon or Amitabh Bachchan ...

Born in Calcutta(when I was born that is how it was spelt),moved to Bangalore and been here since... schooling, College, Chartered Accountancy...all from good 'ol Blore... wife from Chennai...twin daughters.. both wifey and self in S/w industry but different streams...

Cricket was always a passion...bunking college..sometimes bunking office ...only to watch India play...not the same passion anymore ..lost it in late 2005( we all know why)

To let you all on a secret... I used to hate SG...thought he was a quota player ... till he proved his worth on the int'l scene and made his name as the best captain India has ever had till date... was worth the wait....

Known in my organization as a 'networked' person...but believe no network is worth it unless your networth improves...networth comprising of friends, goodwill, trust and integrity
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up