Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: The frequent posters thread.. parallel to non-posters thread.  (Read 10695 times)

sgusa

Re: The frequent posters thread.. parallel to non-posters thread.
« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2006, 06:26:43 AM »

Mock,
I agree with inoc above. Why do u have to "change" ur normal way of interaction? This is silly to do so.
I dont think banter has anything to do with ppl visiting or leaving! If anything more serious things will decide that.

You mock, therefore you are ;D

Hey that was from my post in a diff thread. Finey stop stealing my lines :D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2006, 06:28:54 AM »

Mock,
I agree with inoc above. Why do u have to "change" ur normal way of interaction? This is silly to do so.
I dont think banter has anything to do with ppl visiting or leaving! If anything more serious things will decide that.

You from Microsoft should not advice others of "stealing"  ::)

suraj

• Team of the Century
  • How about a tattoo with my name??
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2006, 06:30:15 AM »

Mock,

I am reporting finey to mods for stealing- hope I am not told to stop making "frivolous" complaints

suraj

• Team of the Century
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2006, 06:31:19 AM »

Mock,

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You make me more and more proud everyday!!!!!!!

My chest has expanded like 34DD's right now at your SOH

sgusa

« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2006, 06:32:30 AM »

Mock,

Err, we dont steal, we buyout :D

PS: Really i am just a foot soldier, the execs making atleast mil+ BONUS BONUS (yeah, BONUS on top of BONUS) are the real owners of the company!)

suraj

• Team of the Century
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2006, 06:40:51 AM »

just read the various responses to this topic on this thread as well as its sister one. it seems that most people feel the banter/insider jokes are dominating the discussions and also taking away the content value. strangely, i feel somewhat guilty about it and as my contribution to the prevention of this DG withering away, i will refrain from all such posts henceforth. no more spoofs, sarcasm or tangential posts from me. i am not being facetious here.

here's hoping that soon, we will soon have more people participating and the current ones not leaving. (sudzz, prsfr, etc.)

regards,
MT

Hmm wud agree with you to do that if I really felt that they will end up posting like a 1000 posts but I don't. Even on the thread started by LN the "new or infrequent" posters have hardly said a word. I had suggested some ideas too but let's not go overboard in refuting the contribution of the 20% who end up making up 80% of the DG activity.

To sudzz I wud say this- most of your posts have been really good and I enjoy them. Plz get out of the persecution complex and keep posting.

Tell me which school/college or job have you joined where initially you feel that ppl already there are too cliquey and then you end up staying there a while and you get accused of being the clique. Heck after PP's blog I was not on the DG for quite a while and it really confused me that God himself was also posting on the DG and he had come in the form of a diety called gauravk. It takes a while and you understand or there are other long time members who don't care to understand and participate in their areas of interests.

I still feel important things are updating main site, keeping some threads exclusively cricket/other sports discussion without insider stuff, match threads for live action, banter but not insults and most importantly get some frigging Indian cricket started already

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2006, 01:56:41 PM »

Mock,

PS: Really i am just a foot soldier, the execs making atleast mil+ BONUS BONUS (yeah, BONUS on top of BONUS) are the real owners of the company!)

Hey! I thought I was the real owner! I own 100 freaking shares that have gone nowhere in the last 4 years!!! All because SGUSA spends his time fighting with Mockani! Actually SGUSA, I am ur real boss. Stop posting and go back to work!!!

sgusa

« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2006, 06:42:15 PM »

Mock,

Hey! I thought I was the real owner! I own 100 freaking shares that have gone nowhere in the last 4 years!!! All because SGUSA spends his time fighting with Mockani! Actually SGUSA, I am ur real boss. Stop posting and go back to work!!!

LOL. Sorry Boss, but considering I own 500+ shares at this point, i think i have a bigger ownership so i veto your suggestion to stop posting :P

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2006, 07:10:05 PM »

LOL. Sorry Boss, but considering I own 500+ shares at this point, i think i have a bigger ownership so i veto your suggestion to stop posting :P

Dont they give more generous amounts of stock options anymore? (500 sounds small) I guess they give lesser qtys but actual shares (rather than options) these days...that may be better given that the stock is not shooting up too much these days.

sgusa

« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2006, 07:26:22 PM »

Dont they give more generous amounts of stock options anymore? (500 sounds small) I guess they give lesser qtys but actual shares (rather than options) these days...that may be better given that the stock is not shooting up too much these days.

Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya

I am not reading what you wrote

Must not became enraged with jealousy at people who joined MSFT in the 90s..

AAAAArrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh..... HULK MAD ! HULK SMASH OP-CODES!!!!!!

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #90 on: September 10, 2006, 07:36:30 PM »

Nya Nya Nya Nya Nya

I am not reading what you wrote

Must not became enraged with jealousy at people who joined MSFT in the 90s..

AAAAArrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhh..... HULK MAD ! HULK SMASH OP-CODES!!!!!!

LOL! As I mentioned, instead of getting options and "hoping" to make money in "future" - the restricted shares are like a "guaranteed" amount of money, isn't it? Smaller qty, but guaranteed. That ain't too  bad then.

PS: I dont know how restricted shares really work - only based on hearsay. So, correct me if I am wrong.

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #91 on: September 10, 2006, 08:05:37 PM »

Yeah .. When our company went public a lot of us longtimers got stock Grants (rather than options). Its a great deal except you owe taxes on them right away. But then thats a grant rather than option.

We actually get a stock grant annually with our incentive pay package. Not a bad deal except my company stock isnt doing too great so it feels every year I get a paycut :)

sgusa

« Reply #92 on: September 10, 2006, 08:16:39 PM »

Yeah .. When our company went public a lot of us longtimers got stock Grants (rather than options). Its a great deal except you owe taxes on them right away. But then thats a grant rather than option.

We actually get a stock grant annually with our incentive pay package. Not a bad deal except my company stock isnt doing too great so it feels every year I get a paycut :)

Get back to me whne your pay increase % is less than Walmart employees. Atleast they get COLA

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #93 on: September 10, 2006, 09:02:30 PM »

Get back to me whne your pay increase % is less than Walmart employees. Atleast they get COLA

???????
Are we walmart employees now?

sgusa

« Reply #94 on: September 10, 2006, 09:43:18 PM »

???????

Well one of the top Execs is from walmart, follows that the pay raises will get there too :D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2006, 10:19:55 PM »

Who is the exec from Walmart?

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #96 on: September 10, 2006, 11:01:42 PM »

???????

Well one of the top Execs is from walmart, follows that the pay raises will get there too :D

Now I am confused? Is Microsofts exec from Walmart or my company's (and if mine how do u know?) and if MS then how does that affect my pay % increase?

Does MS know it all :)

sgusa

« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2006, 11:32:45 PM »

???????

Now I am confused? Is Microsofts exec from Walmart or my company's (and if mine how do u know?) and if MS then how does that affect my pay % increase?

Ex Walmart guy,now in MSFT. Also MSFT gives out crap pay increases, not even COLA at times. So making the connection ....

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2006, 01:29:36 AM »

???????

Ex Walmart guy,now in MSFT. Also MSFT gives out crap pay increases, not even COLA at times. So making the connection ....

Would have thought that MS would give better pay raises since they are rolling in cash. Oh well they are all cheap I guess like my company :)

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2006, 02:49:11 AM »

???????

Would have thought that MS would give better pay raises since they are rolling in cash. Oh well they are all cheap I guess like my company :)

I thought sgusa is rolling in cash too ;D ;D ;D Just kidding.

Corporate = cheap. Period.

sgusa

« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2006, 02:51:17 AM »

???????

Oh they do, they just handed out ONE BILLION DOLLARS ( say it like Dr.EVIL :D ) to 900 execs !

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2006, 02:52:12 AM »

900??????? How many of them are needed!?

sgusa

« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2006, 02:53:25 AM »

???????

I thought sgusa is rolling in cash too ;D ;D ;D Just kidding.

Corporate = cheap. Period.

Well by $ amount i do make decent pay. But it is in the 66th percentile for the region for similar post elsewhere. The stock portion was supposed to supplement that, but now they hand out laughable amounts of actual stock and so that factor is gone. Also Cost of Living here is probably surpassed only by Manhatten. It is more than Chicago for sure. So saving outside of 401k is tough. But yes, i dont have to think twice about eating out, or at posh places and such.

sgusa

« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2006, 03:10:30 AM »

900??????? How many of them are needed!?

Maybe 30 :D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2006, 05:18:17 AM »

just read the various responses to this topic on this thread as well as its sister one. it seems that most people feel the banter/insider jokes are dominating the discussions and also taking away the content value. strangely, i feel somewhat guilty about it and as my contribution to the prevention of this DG withering away, i will refrain from all such posts henceforth. no more spoofs, sarcasm or tangential posts from me. i am not being facetious here.

here's hoping that soon, we will soon have more people participating and the current ones not leaving. (sudzz, prsfr, etc.)

regards,
MT

Mock,

Mock,
Appears u've taken the banter restraint quite seriously for the past 2 days.
In anycase, u can still banter in the humor board, u know  ;)

toney

• Team of the Century
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2006, 04:55:12 PM »

Who are thirteenthman and sozzler? They are online right now.

Guys, mind introducing yourselves?
When intelligence matures and lodges securely in the mind it becomes wisdom. When wisdom is integrated with life and becomes action it becomes Bhakti. Knowledge when it becomes fully mature is Bhakti. To believe that Jnana and Bhakti, knowledge & devotion, are different from each other is ignorance.

suraj

• Team of the Century
« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2006, 05:17:24 PM »

I think sozzler had made a few posts before but never saw one from thirteenthman- wud be nice to hear from them

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2008, 07:26:22 AM »

BUMP!

relevant thread in view of dex's recent appeal.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up