Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The frequent posters thread.. parallel to non-posters thread.  (Read 10872 times)

suraj

• Team of the Century
  • How about a tattoo with my name??
Re: The frequent posters thread.. parallel to non-posters thread.
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2006, 07:28:11 AM »

*Dhrutarashtra*
 Visual C++

Should that be : visual see - -!

Man that's funny ;D ;D ;D

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2006, 07:28:22 AM »

Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2006, 10:26:01 AM »

Veebeshna (not yet born)

Open Source Windows

there is more than meets the i

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2006, 10:53:06 AM »

I have a different view point. If you want people to talk there has to be a strong reason to come here in the first place. Which means that we should be beyond the normal DGs on Desi cricket and infinite blogs with open discussion threads.

So we need IP. We need content.

The brilliant part is that we already have a lot of content thatwe produce either as banter or when we take the bait.

for example ruchir's simbly brillant takes on Inzi. Now imagine if Art Buchwald or Busybee or Kushwant Singh were writing those as a weekly feature. People who buy the newspaper just to read that feature. But our very own Spike Milligan poor soul is not getting his place in the sun. I know  a lot of people would come to CricVoc just to read Ruchir and DD's new takes on inzi on Sriway. and a at least a sizable  number then turn to the forums because the better threads would be listed on the site.

Or take for example the Quiz thing.

Brilliant. the rolling quiz idea. what we need is more people coming in adding to it. people who may not want to talk but join the forums on D-days like one day matches.

don't have the damn flash chat.

a lot of good cricket talk is not recorded sequentially because of that.

the threads are as good as chats even if your connect is half decent.

what we can do is evolve a positioning for our site and the forum would then be  a huge feature in that. why should somebody come to our site? if we can answer that we can do something about it.

maybe i can get the debate rolling:

i come to this site to make my cricket pals.

or

real funny cricket site

or

the alternate view on everything cricket
there is more than meets the i

sudzz

• Team of the Century
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2006, 10:56:25 AM »

I dont know if i count for a frequent poster or not. I have over 200 posts and I have almost completely stopped posting because of the following reasons

1. There are a few that reduce every single post to banter and casuality
2. There is a strong element of groupism (a la college katta variety) which strongly discourages people from participating actively
3. There are people that get picked on in threads they dont even know they are being discussed, it sure does not motivate me to post

I have decided not to post on any thread after what happend in the clique post (where there are 715+ responses and most from fineleg)... and someone baited kkkiran one of our newest members and others defended that when I raised it...it just made me feel that even i could be spoken of like that when i dont know and thats not a good feeling.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 11:04:46 AM by sudzz »

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2006, 11:07:29 AM »

OK. How about all posters > 1000 posts not post in any thread till 10 newbies (<100 posts) post 10 new posts.....

flute202020

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2006, 02:40:33 PM »

I dont know if i count for a frequent poster or not. I have over 200 posts and I have almost completely stopped posting because of the following reasons

1. There are a few that reduce every single post to banter and casuality
2. There is a strong element of groupism (a la college katta variety) which strongly discourages people from participating actively
3. There are people that get picked on in threads they dont even know they are being discussed, it sure does not motivate me to post

I have decided not to post on any thread after what happend in the clique post (where there are 715+ responses and most from fineleg)... and someone baited kkkiran one of our newest members and others defended that when I raised it...it just made me feel that even i could be spoken of like that when i dont know and thats not a good feeling.

sudzz , I completely understand your POV. Until recently, I thought I am a regular, now I am no longer sure  :) I frequently get lost in banter. But I do come and go thru thread and see if I can contribute anything. I don't know the remedy because we can't put any restrictions on people, but too much insider banter will reduce the interest levels of outsiders, IMO. As for me, I simply visit a few times and if I see anything good, I try to post it here. Of course my posts have reduced a bit. May be once cricket season starts thing will get back to cricket & discussion.

kingcool1432

• Hakuna Matata
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2006, 02:53:35 PM »

don't have the damn flash chat.

a lot of good cricket talk is not recorded sequentially because of that.

the threads are as good as chats even if your connect is half decent.

I totally agree ; Logged on the chat abt 5 times and got driven off by total banter of which I could understand not a word. Of course , admittedly this was during test matches where the action in not as fast paced , but still I could care less about Ann coulter's index or the hot chicks at DD's place  :)

Also, would love to have seen the analysis of the US Open you guys discussed. :(
Reality continues to ruin my life.  Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat, p67-1

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2006, 02:59:52 PM »

Anyway, the ghost of Pitamah is leaving my body now but Ido feel having more ppl post with diversity of opinions will be more fun!!!

An epipahany once in a while is a good thing, even if it is short lived.

I said as much in the other thread -- that people are taking my cue about longer posts. But the misguided IT programmer from the Evil empire in the Pacific Northwest and the trifle uncool guy pleading with others to maintain their cool scoffed at my assertion. Poor souls!! But not to worry, the light will surely shine in their tubes -- like with most TL's, its just a matter of time  ;D ;D.

Ok, now that I have broken the rule about no bantering, let me start by saying this is an excellent idea by LN to start the thread. Suraj's POV of how to enhance interactions is very well thought out too as was flute's (long time member) feedback about the maze that many of our discussions meander into with only select people posting.

But the most pertinent points were made by sudzz -- I followed his earlier comments too and so I need to ask suddz for what he feels are the areas that we are falling short as a group as well as his suggestions.

Sudzz, the floor is open to you.

sgusa

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2006, 03:05:29 PM »

*100 Kauravas
 * Microsoft Service Packs and patches

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

more likely 100 kauravs, their wives and children

GRRRRRR

sgusa

« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2006, 03:09:21 PM »

as for the cliques, gangstahs etc., i can only speak for myself. i treat it all as a joke and have a good time bantering. without humour, sarcasm, banter, i cease to exist. and yes, i have to ugh and sigh and shake head too.  ;D

I mock, therefore I am ? ;D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2006, 05:25:15 PM »

as for the cliques, gangstahs etc., i can only speak for myself. i treat it all as a joke and have a good time bantering. without humour, sarcasm, banter, i cease to exist. and yes, i have to ugh and sigh and shake head too.  ;D

I mock, therefore I am ? ;D

Precisely ;D

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2006, 07:02:48 PM »

merely practising my new "equally nice to new,old and infrequent posters" mode and you missed my exaggerated attempt at that  ;D

on a serious note, i don't think one should stop the banter/digressions etc. as i come here to talk to fellow people - if i were just interested in match reports, analyses and statistics, there are a plethora of options out there, much better maintained. the whole idea of this group is have a layman's/fan's perspective of things, filled with personal prejudices, biases and so on. of coure, there are some good insights and observations amidst all this and some extremely knowledgeable people!

it may be a good idea to channelize some of the discussions and as someone suggested, have a match thread.  live chat is fun but having a thread gives it more visibility and better reach.

Damn. I am about to COMPLETELY agree with Mock. I am surely going to hell for this one!

On a serious note, completely agree. As I had said this before its the whole package that we come here for. There are amny regulated cricket only sites. The reason I come here every minute I can (even when wife gets mad at me for doing this ) is that there are some "close knit" people here. I can discuss things other than cricket. Really, this site now presents a whole experience ...so I can get my news, updates etc right here ...rather than go spend time else where. I am all for a bit more restraint (and will be happy to do that) but lets not kill the current atmosphere trying to make us like something we are not.

Mockani, mock away. Kban ban away .. no that did not work... shoot away. Suraj ..Tapta rahe... Ruchir stay gay ... Amreekan Ganguly ... get those food chats going etc etc

We will spare the match threads or specific topic discussions but lets not over do it either.

Dexy mate ok? z

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2006, 07:10:38 PM »

This DG offers the whole package - thats the right way to say, Cool. Are u a Marketing major in ur MBA? ;D

I agree - its a mix of cricket, non-cricket, banter, serious discussions, ultra-serious ones, frivolous ones etc.
I dont think anyone is specifically excluded - long timers, newbies all welcome to the mela.

Now, if only jiet can join MT in stop poking fun at newbies, then all's well ;D ;D ;D

flute202020

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »

merely practising my new "equally nice to new,old and infrequent posters" mode and you missed my exaggerated attempt at that  ;D

on a serious note, i don't think one should stop the banter/digressions etc. as i come here to talk to fellow people - if i were just interested in match reports, analyses and statistics, there are a plethora of options out there, much better maintained. the whole idea of this group is have a layman's/fan's perspective of things, filled with personal prejudices, biases and so on. of coure, there are some good insights and observations amidst all this and some extremely knowledgeable people!

it may be a good idea to channelize some of the discussions and as someone suggested, have a match thread.  live chat is fun but having a thread gives it more visibility and better reach.

Damn. I am about to COMPLETELY agree with Mock. I am surely going to hell for this one!

On a serious note, completely agree. As I had said this before its the whole package that we come here for. There are amny regulated cricket only sites. The reason I come here every minute I can (even when wife gets mad at me for doing this ) is that there are some "close knit" people here. I can discuss things other than cricket. Really, this site now presents a whole experience ...so I can get my news, updates etc right here ...rather than go spend time else where. I am all for a bit more restraint (and will be happy to do that) but lets not kill the current atmosphere trying to make us like something we are not.

Mockani, mock away. Kban ban away .. no that did not work... shoot away. Suraj ..Tapta rahe... Ruchir stay gay ... Amreekan Ganguly ... get those food chats going etc etc

We will spare the match threads or specific topic discussions but lets not over do it either.

Dexy mate ok? z
thats the problem guys, see now I don't know who is this "Amreekan Ganguly"..

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2006, 07:17:09 PM »

"Amreekan Ganguly" = sgusa

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2006, 07:17:40 PM »

Flute,
U need a tutoring from me.
"SG" + USA = sgusa.

PLUS: Its ok if u dont get a few jokes ;D Ask for explanation, no shame in that. Few are good at all kindsa jokes esp. Double meaning ones! As long as u get the gist of the posts.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 07:19:56 PM by fineleg »

flute202020

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2006, 07:19:43 PM »

Flute,
U need a tutoring from me.
"SG" + USA = sgusa.
aha  :)

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2006, 07:44:18 PM »

Anyway, the ghost of Pitamah is leaving my body now but Ido feel having more ppl post with diversity of opinions will be more fun!!!

An epipahany once in a while is a good thing, even if it is short lived.

I said as much in the other thread -- that people are taking my cue about longer posts. But the misguided IT programmer from the Evil empire in the Pacific Northwest and the trifle uncool guy pleading with others to maintain their cool scoffed at my assertion. Poor souls!! But not to worry, the light will surely shine in their tubes -- like with most TL's, its just a matter of time  ;D ;D.

I m getting slow in my old age. Ab mujhe Pitamah ke jokes bhi nahin samajh main aate. Raising a TL daughter (PPP) is getting to be taxing here. So I get the Evil IT programmer is the Amreekan Ganguly but who is the uncool guy? Pitamah .. Roshni kijiye

Ok, now that I have broken the rule about no bantering, let me start by saying this is an excellent idea by LN to start the thread. Suraj's POV of how to enhance interactions is very well thought out too as was flute's (long time member) feedback about the maze that many of our discussions meander into with only select people posting.

But the most pertinent points were made by sudzz -- I followed his earlier comments too and so I need to ask suddz for what he feels are the areas that we are falling short as a group as well as his suggestions.

Sudzz, the floor is open to you.

OK, fair enough to open the floor to Sudzz but I really think people need to be less sensitive. If a joke on another person on an intenet forum bothers people so much that they stop posting. Jeez!

I mean ... on any forum there will be some jokes made. Some people will be more frequent posters than others. I mean should we stop jokes because some people dont bother to read all the posts? If he gets bothered by some jokes made in the ETC section then what are u gonna do?

Suddz my friend if you come here more often and read things more often then you will get the jokes (unless u are my daughter PPP and a TL ) else u will obviously not. Either we reduce the number of posts to be limited so someone who occassionally wanders in gets them and has time to read everything Else we will always have times when some people only read some of the posts and not get everything.

Actually that is not just about jokes and such but also about a cricket discussion. I may refer to a conversation on how Ganguly sucks that we had a few days ago that an occassional visitor may not have read. So they would still be lost wont they?

I say that we dont be that sensitive.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2006, 07:49:15 PM »

BTW - if there was any doubt in my mind, that smites are caused due to comments on SG, then I dont have any such doubt now. For a while, I had not talked much abt SG, and things were sorta ok. I posted a few in the SG-Agassi thread a few days, and smites are shooting up.

ONE THING to ENCOURAGE "discussions" - JUST GET RID OF THIS SMITE feature. People instead of debating (or keeping quiet, which is still ok), just choose SMITE over anyone who differs from their POV. And how is that supposed to promote "discussions"?

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2006, 07:58:13 PM »

but who is the uncool guy?

Cpji, did you see Agneepath ? Remember what Vijay Chavan tells Kancha Cheena ?

"Aee kancha, Humhara paheli mulaqat mein aapun tumse kya kaha ? Mera naam hai Vijay Dinanath Chavan -- pura naam, maloom ?"

CPji, pura baath suno, maloom. Aapun kya likha tha ?

the trifle uncool guy pleading with others to maintain their cool

Haan, aab samjhe aap ?  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 08:10:09 PM by kban1 »

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2006, 08:14:34 PM »

but who is the uncool guy?

Cpji, did you see Agneepath ? Remember what Vijay Chavan tells Kancha Cheena ?

"Aee kancha, Humhara paheli mulaqat mein aapun tumse kya kaha ? Mera naam hai Vijay Dinanath Chavan -- pura naam, maloom ?"

CPji, pura baath suno, maloom. Aapun kya likha tha ?

the trifle uncool guy pleading with others to maintain their cool

I love the Amithabh Analogy. Agneepath was on TV just a few day ago wasnt it? I did read the whole thing but did not make the connection. Assuming we mean KIC here... Yaar sahi main Fineleg ka khyal rakhte rakhte hum bhi TL ban rahe hain :)

Haan, aab samjhe aap ?  ;) ;D

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2006, 08:52:36 PM »

BTW - if there was any doubt in my mind, that smites are caused due to comments on SG, then I dont have any such doubt now. For a while, I had not talked much abt SG, and things were sorta ok. I posted a few in the SG-Agassi thread a few days, and smites are shooting up.

ONE THING to ENCOURAGE "discussions" - JUST GET RID OF THIS SMITE feature. People instead of debating (or keeping quiet, which is still ok), just choose SMITE over anyone who differs from their POV. And how is that supposed to promote "discussions"?

Yeah right, seeing the smite count increase, folks stop posting/arguing  ::) ::) - Why the heck are you so sensitive and paranoid about smites anyways ? And you seem to be the only person in this DG who is concerned about such petty and trivial things like applause, smites, runs etc. !!!!!

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2006, 09:15:43 PM »

Yeah right, seeing the smite count increase, folks stop posting/arguing  ::) ::) - Why the heck are you so sensitive and paranoid about smites anyways ? And you seem to be the only person in this DG who is concerned about such petty and trivial things like applause, smites, runs etc. !!!!!

Maybe ur noticing *only* when i post abt it.
Havent u seen many such posts from other long time members...mock, sgusa, LosingNow and others too? abt smites and the counts. See its not a big deal for them as well as for me, but just that ppl may choose the easy way out rather than posting, by just clicking one button/image. Thats the reason, not that I currently care abt the Strike Rate, LOL ;D

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2006, 09:31:11 PM »

Maybe ur noticing *only* when i post abt it.
Havent u seen many such posts from other long time members...mock, sgusa, LosingNow and others too? abt smites and the counts. See its not a big deal for them as well as for me, but just that ppl may choose the easy way out rather than posting, by just clicking one button/image. Thats the reason, not that I currently care abt the Strike Rate, LOL ;D

As if removing this feature is going encourage such a member from posting and arguing ::)

suraj

• Team of the Century
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2006, 01:26:02 PM »

I think another aspect that is important is the updates on the main site. I know that when I search for forums, my first impression on the level of activity is based on when the last update was made. Our main site updates are really outdated.

I tried posting something there to help out dex but somehow it doesn't allow me despite Blwe providing me access

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2006, 02:39:19 PM »

I think another aspect that is important is the updates on the main site. I know that when I search for forums, my first impression on the level of activity is based on when the last update was made. Our main site updates are really outdated.

I tried posting something there to help out dex but somehow it doesn't allow me despite Blwe providing me access

The main site is dead for now, sadly. Achu is going to provide some support, and we'll come up with something new.

suraj

• Team of the Century
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2006, 02:43:28 PM »

The main site is dead for now, sadly. Achu is going to provide some support, and we'll come up with something new.

That sounds kool Dex. I think that is a very important aspect to generate interest. I don't think we should go overboard trying to stop the fun part of the DG because the same core that engages in it also has kept the Dg alive and kicking through "off-peak" periods but implementing some of the ideas here should help in the fun and the active cricket/other sports discussions go hand in hand.

As an example any main site posts should be news, articles or insights and the discussions following it should be banter-free and restricted to the topic started

kingcool1432

• Hakuna Matata
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2006, 03:42:12 PM »

Also , how about removing the restriction where you have to be a registered member to even enter the forum ? You can make it so thatyou only need to register to post replies (Or to read topics with more than 100 replies, if that's possible)

That solves two purposes :

*People can try before they buy . Frankly, whichever forum I come across I generally skip if it pesters me to register to even enter it . You never know how much spam you might get from there.

*More importantly, it will make the forum and the threads indexable by google. Right now, the only way new members get in is through word of mouth. Making it googlable will  bring in much more members, provided of course the cricket threads generate enough discussion. Personally, I think the rolling quiz has done enough to bring cricketvoice to the top 2 pages when you search for 'cricket quiz'
Reality continues to ruin my life.  Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat, p67-1

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2006, 04:59:18 PM »

Also , how about removing the restriction where you have to be a registered member to even enter the forum ? You can make it so thatyou only need to register to post replies (Or to read topics with more than 100 replies, if that's possible)

*People can try before they buy . Frankly, whichever forum I come across I generally skip if it pesters me to register to even enter it . You never know how much spam you might get from there.

*More importantly, it will make the forum and the threads indexable by google. Right now, the only way new members get in is through word of mouth. Making it googlable will  bring in much more members, provided of course the cricket threads generate enough discussion. Personally, I think the rolling quiz has done enough to bring cricketvoice to the top 2 pages when you search for 'cricket quiz'

The BIGGEST, BIGGEST problem I have is "SEARCH"...If the password protection is removed, and if the site can be searched via Google indexing that will be the BEST thing. I think kingcool suggestion is very good one. Remove registration requirement. 1. People can try it out without registering 2. Google indexing will be done for searches.

If Google search can be added to search "inside" the site, that will be great. Try anything in the Current Search box...you will get random results which is very frustrating.

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_can_i_add_a_google_search_box_to_my_web_site.html
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 05:01:45 PM by fineleg »

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2006, 05:58:25 PM »

The BIGGEST, BIGGEST problem I have is "SEARCH"...If the password protection is removed, and if the site can be searched via Google indexing that will be the BEST thing. I think kingcool suggestion is very good one. Remove registration requirement. 1. People can try it out without registering 2. Google indexing will be done for searches.

If Google search can be added to search "inside" the site, that will be great. Try anything in the Current Search box...you will get random results which is very frustrating.

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_can_i_add_a_google_search_box_to_my_web_site.html
fineleg,
once again: the search works perfectly. go to the index page. then click on SEARCH. Use that page, and it will work fine.

I agree with the idea of everyone accessing the site. Good points.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2006, 07:18:15 PM »

fineleg,
once again: the search works perfectly. go to the index page. then click on SEARCH. Use that page, and it will work fine.

I agree with the idea of everyone accessing the site. Good points.

Dex,
I'll be very happy if you can show me the steps. I am not trying to blame anyone here, just saying that if search can work it will be great. And if you tell me it works, then I am happy to learn how to do it.

Question:
You say go to Index page and then click on Search.
What is the 'index' page? is it the front page of the forum?
 Index page URL??  http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/ 

And I can type some string into the search box and hit the search button. Is that the steps? Sometimes that gives incorrect results, but I can try and let you know.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2006, 07:29:59 PM »

yeah, go to the link you have. then click on the search button on top, instead of typing text in the search bar. then when you arrive at that page, then try searching. it has worked for me so far doing it that way.

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2006, 07:41:31 PM »

I second the idea of not forcing people to register just to read. Force them to register to post.

Also dont stop banned people from reading either  ;D ;D ;D ..hey nothing personal :)

MockTurtle

« Reply #74 on: September 10, 2006, 03:08:14 AM »

just read the various responses to this topic on this thread as well as its sister one. it seems that most people feel the banter/insider jokes are dominating the discussions and also taking away the content value. strangely, i feel somewhat guilty about it and as my contribution to the prevention of this DG withering away, i will refrain from all such posts henceforth. no more spoofs, sarcasm or tangential posts from me. i am not being facetious here.

here's hoping that soon, we will soon have more people participating and the current ones not leaving. (sudzz, prsfr, etc.)

regards,
MT

inoc

• Team of the Century
« Reply #75 on: September 10, 2006, 03:27:13 AM »

mock

i disagree.
the reason ppl dont post here is not because of banter but because they normally dont and never will. banter is part of every group whether this or any other. in no way will it help others from participating, on the contrary it may stop your admirers from coming here !! couldnt resist that.
so whatever made you think that stopping your or others banter is to the detriment of this DG is false. you can try it but the answer is obvious to me.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #76 on: September 10, 2006, 03:30:32 AM »

just read the various responses to this topic on this thread as well as its sister one. it seems that most people feel the banter/insider jokes are dominating the discussions and also taking away the content value. strangely, i feel somewhat guilty about it and as my contribution to the prevention of this DG withering away, i will refrain from all such posts henceforth. no more spoofs, sarcasm or tangential posts from me. i am not being facetious here.

here's hoping that soon, we will soon have more people participating and the current ones not leaving. (sudzz, prsfr, etc.)

regards,
MT

Mock,
I agree with inoc above. Why do u have to "change" ur normal way of interaction? This is silly to do so.
I dont think banter has anything to do with ppl visiting or leaving! If anything more serious things will decide that.

You mock, therefore you are ;D

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2006, 03:45:00 AM »

I am serious here. I really think if regulars are going to change their behaviour this site would lose its individuality and charm and thus the regulars would actually leave. I have mentioned this before I can get cricket discussions on rec.sport.cricket with a much more diverse group.

The closeknit people make this site unique to me and Mock's banter adds to that uniqueness.

A few of the regulars change their habits and you would see this site lose that appeal and I would not be surprised if the site becomes LESS popular rather than more.

I think I had posted a few ideas on the main page thread. We should be looking that way rather have people changee their behaviours.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #78 on: September 10, 2006, 04:39:17 AM »

CP,
I agree. Changing the behavior will only make the uniqueness go down, and this will become "YET ANOTHER CRICKET SITE!". This is CricketVoice and this who we are!

Whats with the "military digipline" thingy?

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #79 on: September 10, 2006, 05:16:02 AM »

yeah, go to the link you have. then click on the search button on top, instead of typing text in the search bar. then when you arrive at that page, then try searching. it has worked for me so far doing it that way.

Thankx dex, the search does work if I follow the above method.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up