Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Materazzi breaks silence over Zidane head-butt  (Read 2306 times)

Sahir

• Team of the Century
  • Vintage fruit can never rot!
Materazzi breaks silence over Zidane head-butt
« on: September 05, 2006, 11:01:15 AM »

Materazzi breaks silence over Zidane head-butt

ROME, Sep 5, Italy defender Marco Materazzi has broken his silence over the verbal exchange that led to his violent World Cup final clash with French star Zinedine Zidane.

Materazzi was sent crashing to the turf by a Zidane head-butt near the end of extra-time of the July 9 final in Berlin following a verbal altercation.

Mystery has surrounded the exact nature of the abuse directed at Zidane by Materazzi ever since the incident, which subsequently earned the Inter Milan centre-half a two-match ban from world governing body FIFA.

But in an interview with the Gazzetta dello Sport here today, Materazzi revealed it was a remark he made about Zidane's sister that provoked the French captain's moment of madness.

Materazzi said that when Zidane offered to give him his France jersey after the final whistle in response to persistent shirt-tugging by the Italian, he had replied: "I would prefer your sister."

Materazzi insisted, however, that he should not blamed for sparking the incident. "I did not cause it," he told Gazzetta. "I answered verbally with a provocation to defend myself.

"Yes, I was tugging his shirt, but when he said to me scornfully 'If you want my shirt so much I'll give it to you afterwards,' is that not a provocation? I answered that I'd prefer his sister, it's true.

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
Re: Materazzi breaks silence over Zidane head-butt
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 11:08:25 AM »

'If you want my shirt so much I'll give it to you afterwards,' is that not a provocation? I answered that I'd prefer his sister, it's true.

And other famous quotes from the great Materrazi:

"And this one time, this guy his briefcase jammed into my shin at the tube station, well i pushed him under the the next train. Tell me wasn't that the right thing to do?"

"And this another time, my girlfriend she rolled over in her sleep and her arm hit my chest, I took the pillow to the b***h and next thing like she died. She had it coming."
there is more than meets the i

toney

• Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 04:38:28 PM »

'If you want my shirt so much I'll give it to you afterwards,' is that not a provocation? I answered that I'd prefer his sister, it's true.

"And this one time, this guy his briefcase jammed into my shin at the tube station, well i pushed him under the the next train. Tell me wasn't that the right thing to do?"

"And this another time, my girlfriend she rolled over in her sleep and her arm hit my chest, I took the pillow to the b***h and next thing like she died. She had it coming."

Achutank, I find it amusing that you equate banter (however cheap) to a head butt coming from the captain of a national side in a world cup final with a few minutes for the final finish.
When intelligence matures and lodges securely in the mind it becomes wisdom. When wisdom is integrated with life and becomes action it becomes Bhakti. Knowledge when it becomes fully mature is Bhakti. To believe that Jnana and Bhakti, knowledge & devotion, are different from each other is ignorance.

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 04:51:57 PM »

Achutank, I find it amusing that you equate banter (however cheap) to a head butt coming from the captain of a national side in a world cup final with a few minutes for the final finish.

Zidane was an idiot no doubt. But Materazzi is a humongous a*sehole.
"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

Scott Caan as Turk Malloy

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 06:03:58 PM »

Jiet,
Agreed 100% with above. Eggjacktly.

Sahir

• Team of the Century
  • Vintage fruit can never rot!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 01:31:09 AM »

Very true, but Materazzi was a huge a**hole before the game, but Zidane was not an idiot till the incident.  The person that will be losing sleep over the incident, unfortunately, will not be Materazzi, it will be Zidane.  Zidane should have waited till the game was over before beating the crap out of Materazzi.

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 06:38:37 AM »

toney

i am only saying that the way materrazzi is justifying his reply to a very basic statement from zidane is what i find very amusing. i mean if your kid drops her book are you going to slap her? i am sure materazzi thinks that is the correct course of action. :)
there is more than meets the i

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 06:59:04 AM »

toney

i am only saying that the way materrazzi is justifying his reply to a very basic statement from zidane is what i find very amusing. i mean if your kid drops her book are you going to slap her? i am sure materazzi thinks that is the correct course of action. :)

I don't think Materazzi needs any reason such as got elbowed by the wife in bed or kid drops her book. He would promptly clothesline or drop kick someone if he could get away with it....and has.
"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

Scott Caan as Turk Malloy
Pages: [1]   Go Up