Live Discussion > General Cricket Discussion

The Rolling Quiz

(1/322) > >>

RicePlateReddy:
Based on recent discussions, I am starting a "rolling" quiz.

Basic Idea: The person responsible for asking the question will verify the correct answer, and is expected to check regularly for answers. Anyone can answer. The person who answered correctly first asks the next question, but only when explicitly identified by the person who asked the question.

Aim: The idea is for all of us to have fun and learn. The fun is in getting great questions and seeing the guesses and the answers. Discussions on the question/answer and reasonable cricket related diversions are highly encouraged.

If there is enough interest and response, this thread will remain alive and towards the top of the topic list. If not it will die a natural death. The mods can consider whether to make it a sticky topic.

Simple rules:

1. If the question is not answered within 24 hours, it is suggested that a good hint be provided.

2. If the question is not answered within 48 hours, the next person to post a question becomes open to anyone in the forum.

3. The person who correctly answers is given upto 24 hours to post the next question.

4. Web searches can be done, but it is suggested that the person answering mentions whether a search was done to retrieve the answer and provide the source. This allows interested people to read the complete article or see a larger section of statistics. Often, it will help towards setting future questions.

An invitation for Mock Turtle to ask the first question when she is ready ....

Sahir:
Thanks for taking the initiative...I'll make this thread sticky

MockTurtle:
K-of-P, thanks for starting the thread.

Here's a question from me

Link the following players (there are a couple of more players who also make the list but i have left them out deliberately for now)

Kapil Dev, Sourav Ganguly, Saeed Anwar, Jonty Rhodes, Mark Waugh

ps: is making this thread a "sticky" making it less obvious? coz it is sitting there on top with a bunch of other threads that i rarely open!

RicePlateReddy:

--- Quote from: MockTurtle on September 02, 2006, 12:58:12 PM ---Link the following players (there are a couple of more players who also make the list but i have left them out deliberately for now)

--- End quote ---

I pulled up Kapil Dev's record and thought about it. And seeing Saeed Anwar's name on the list too suspected that what links them is that their highest ODI score is greater than their highest test score.
If this is correct, good one - I wonder who the others are. Perhaps someone still actively playing with a low number of matches, e.g. Andrew Symonds and Dhoni.

kingcool1432:

--- Quote from: kingofprussia on September 02, 2006, 04:49:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: MockTurtle on September 02, 2006, 12:58:12 PM ---Link the following players (there are a couple of more players who also make the list but i have left them out deliberately for now)

--- End quote ---

I pulled up Kapil Dev's record and thought about it. And seeing Saeed Anwar's name on the list too suspected that what links them is that their highest ODI score is greater than their highest test score.
If this is correct, good one - I wonder who the others are. Perhaps someone still actively playing with a low number of matches, e.g. Andrew Symonds and Dhoni.

--- End quote ---

I would think that would make for a much bigger list, no ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version