Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Who is the best coach, is it GC,BW,TM,JB,JW  (Read 1491 times)

kk

• Spectator
Who is the best coach, is it GC,BW,TM,JB,JW
« on: December 26, 2005, 04:41:16 PM »

Guys,

Who u think is the best coach, as far strategy and planning is concerned, is it

Greg Chappel
Bob Woolmer
John Buchanan
Dave Whatmore
John Wright
Duncan Fletcher
South African team coach
West Indies coach

Elaborate the reasons.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
Re: Who is the best coach, is it GC,BW,TM,JB,JW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 04:56:34 PM »

Bob Woolmer, according to me.....because of what he has done with the South African team....and more recently with a depleted Pakistan team.
But the most important name is missing.....Bobby Simpson.
I would have named Greg Chappel...but alas, he is autocratic.....and seems rather un-balanced, with very strong likes and dislikes...and not always logical.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 12:05:52 AM »

By far, Bob Woolmer. Check out his web-site at http://www.bobwoolmer.com

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 04:22:43 AM »

Bob Woolmer. He always out thinks his opposition. Thats why we will be up with a huge challenge in Pak

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 07:37:58 AM »

bob woolmer's site is *. chappel's has tons more material and is more informative.
anyway, a good website does not a great coach make.
bob woolmer works well with teams that have good raw materials (obviously, pakistan and SA are examples of that). we'll see how far he goes with Pak, i am not quite sure of them yet.
the obviously ignored fellow will be dav whatmore. he likes building castles out of nothing, i get the impression. he has a WC to his credit, and he is doing a decent job with Bangladesh.
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

colonel

• Test Match Star
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 08:00:18 AM »

i'm not sure whatmore builds castles out of thin air - if his cliam to fame rests on the sri lanka team of the nineties, thatw as one of the most talented i ever saw - da silva, a jayasuria in rampant form, the calm mahanama, murlai and vaas as ever, even kalu, who was no sangakkara but devastating in his own day

Clann Z

• Spectator
    • Square Cut
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 08:33:23 AM »

Bob Woolmer's probably the best right now and Duncan Fletcher's not too far behind. Its still too early to judge Chappell but I think he's taking us to the right direction. I thought Ray Jennings was quite effective...his methods may be unconventional but he arrested SA's down-slide. But I don't think the players liked him much.
By the way, anyone notice how quiet John Buchanan has been ever since the Ashes...all the criticism following the Ashes has him hiding it seems.
"And the last touch is always the hardest & the last touch is always the same & the last look is the one that will kill ya & the last touch is the one that will drive you insane."

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2005, 08:40:12 AM »

Whatmore has a claim to the throne. What I'd like to see, though, is Bangladesh actually competing at One Day level on a regular basis. That will ensure Whatmore will be remembered as an all-time great coach.

Also, Sri Lanka, despite the talent were def. minnows until Ranatunga and Whatmore combined and turned a minnow into a group of matchwinners. They found the right people for the right spots.
Pages: [1]   Go Up