Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 moons on 27 Aug 2006  (Read 5097 times)

MockTurtle

Re: 2 moons on 27 Aug 2006
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2006, 10:09:35 AM »

BTW, speaking of admirers and such, have you guys seen JT's new single "sexyback" ?? Smoking hot!

who is JT?

Justin Timberlake.

Watch the video of that single. Awesome

PS: I like the 'Promiscous girl' video too.

hmm..guess i have been out of the pop music scene for too long.

You seem to be away from everything bar a couple.

Ok, for you. Grab a copy of "Magical Thinking" by Augusten Burroughs. Short story collection of true episodes. Good read.

happens with old age. - what's this book? anyway, shall check it out. thx.

Old is in the mind akka...u can be a yeng-akka. ;D (ok, poor joke, will try another later, me too tired).

gammNu keda. ('shut up' in polite tamil).

sgusa

« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2006, 10:09:41 AM »

BTW, speaking of admirers and such, have you guys seen JT's new single "sexyback" ?? Smoking hot!

who is JT?

Justin Timberlake.

Ok, for you. Grab a copy of "Magical Thinking" by Augusten Burroughs. Short story collection of true episodes. Good read.

Nothing special. Just picked it up this evening and read a little bit. Seems good.

Ventured into the Barnes & Nobles after gorging on Pongal & Vada and catching a show of "Taladega Nights" :D The girl at the counter was hot. I browsed around and found this book. Took it up to her and asked her opinion of it. She had actually read it and told me about the book. I got the book ( and her number ;D ). That is all ;D

MockTurtle

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2006, 10:12:14 AM »

who is JT?

Justin Timberlake.

Nothing special. Just picked it up this evening and read a little bit. Seems good.

Ventured into the Barnes & Nobles after gorging on Pongal & Vada and catching a show of "Taladega Nights" :D The girl at the counter was hot. I browsed around and found this book. Took it up to her and asked her opinion of it. She had actually read it and told me about the book. I got the book ( and her number ;D ). That is all ;D

i had "neer moru" in Cambodia. umm..shd i bother reading this book now? anyway, keep us updated on the gurl.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2006, 10:15:42 AM »

who is JT?

Justin Timberlake.

Did'nt u say u were outta this girls...been there, done that...i guess she was a real hotty ;D
So, Esgee prince got back in the match!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2006, 10:26:49 AM »

who is JT?

Justin Timberlake.

good work! i didnt get a number but got a kiss for dealing a beauty (poker), to a beauty.
she had A 2 and the other guy had A 3, she was all in. i deal: 2 3 A 7 2

also i have been reading Shalimar The Clown by Salman Rushdie. i know a lot of ppl might not like his style, but for those that do, it is a good read.
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

sgusa

« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2006, 11:51:15 PM »

who is JT?

Justin Timberlake.

Did'nt u say u were outta this girls...been there, done that...i guess she was a real hotty ;D
So, Esgee prince got back in the match!

Er, was a spur of the moment thing. Was taking a stroll after the movie. Was heading towards the B&N anyways. Then I saw her. She was quite the type i like + had long semi curly blond hair. I am a sucker for that :D

And while i dont actively chase girls I do like to get into the game now and then ;D

Oh, and i also got the book "Under the Tuscan Sun" by Frances Mayes. Figured i should read the book since i saw the movie many times already (usually it is the other way around).

Also reading "Very Good Jeeves" (PG Wodehouse for the Noobs ;D) and 2005's "Year's best Sci Fi" collection. Oh and "The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More" by Chris Anderson and an online PowerMops (a Forth dialect) tutorial.

PS: As you can see i read in parallel.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2006, 11:56:12 PM by sgusa »

MockTurtle

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2006, 12:28:39 AM »

Er, was a spur of the moment thing. Was taking a stroll after the movie. Was heading towards the B&N anyways. Then I saw her. She was quite the type i like + had long semi curly blond hair. I am a sucker for that :D

And while i dont actively chase girls I do like to get into the game now and then ;D

Oh, and i also got the book "Under the Tuscan Sun" by Frances Mayes. Figured i should read the book since i saw the movie many times already (usually it is the other way around).

Also reading "Very Good Jeeves" (PG Wodehouse for the Noobs ;D) and 2005's "Year's best Sci Fi" collection. Oh and "The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More" by Chris Anderson and an online PowerMops (a Forth dialect) tutorial.

did you call her yet? what is the average waiting period between phone#-acquisition and calling?

i picked up the book "El Zahir" by Paul Coelho at the airport but did not find time to read even a page during the trip. i haven't read any Coelho (not even The Alchemist) so far and am viewing this book with suspicion but want to read it.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 12:30:37 AM by MockTurtle »

sgusa

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2006, 12:35:10 AM »

did you call her yet? what is the average waiting period between phone#-acquisition and calling?

i picked up the book "El Zahir" by Paul Coelho at the airport but did not find time to read even a page during the trip. i haven't read any Coelho (not even The Alchemist) so far and am viewing this book with suspicion but want to read it.

The average waiting period is whatever i feel like. I am a very spurr of the moment guy in these things. And I have even called 2 mins after i got a number. Ofcouse in that case it needs a bit of game to not come off as a stalker or a hanger :D If done right it can come off as "very sweet" ;D

I will call her next week since she is out of town this weekend. And that is also the reason why i didnt take her out to a drink right then and there ( it was 10.50pm, and B & N closes at 11pm ) :D So instead she gave me her number. ;D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2006, 12:55:00 AM »

The average waiting period is whatever i feel like. I am a very spurr of the moment guy in these things. And I have even called 2 mins after i got a number. Ofcouse in that case it needs a bit of game to not come off as a stalker or a hanger :D If done right it can come off as "very sweet" ;D

I will call her next week since she is out of town this weekend. And that is also the reason why i didnt take her out to a drink right then and there ( it was 10.50pm, and B & N closes at 11pm ) :D So instead she gave me her number. ;D

Ah, the above is "the process" - results will follow.

MockTurtle

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2006, 01:00:40 AM »

Appear as big as the moon ???? Are you sure ?

this whole thing is a hoax. i do recall observing it in 2003 though when it was the closest to earth. of course, no where close to looking like another moon!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1882800.cms

Close encounter with Mars a hoax

Vidushi Dubey
[ 11 Aug, 2006 0258hrs ISTTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

RSS Feeds| SMS NEWS to 8888 for latest updates

LUCKNOW: The close encounter of Planet Earth with the Mars is a big hoax after all. People have been waiting breathlessly for this so called celestial event, said to be taking place on August 27 after a recently-circulated mail made announcements to this effect.

But the revelations made by scientists at Indira *hi Planetarium here has poured cold water on the excitement. The e-mail claimed that the Mars would get bigger and bigger in the sky in August and look as big as the Moon on August 27.

The scientists, however, say that nothing of that sort is going to happen and, in fact, the Mars was far more closer to the Earth in August 2003.

"We ourselves were shocked to see these reports published in newspapers," says engineer, operations, Indira *hi Planetarium, Neena Chaudhary.

"Not being aware of the event ourselves we then tried all sources, including NASA website to get it confirmed. Ultimately, the information was proved a sham," she adds.

"I feel that some pranksters might have kept hold of an old e-mail and would have begun resending it. Many others must have passed it on innocently, not realising it was a fake," she explained.

Neena said, "In August 2003, the Mars and the Earth came within 56 million kilometres of each other, which is closer than at any time in the past 50,000 years.

At present, the Mars was 379 million kilometres away from the Earth on August 10 while the distance will increase to 382 million kilometres on August 17 and 385 million kilometres on August 27, the date on which the phenomenon is supposed to take place," said Neena.

Mars had been closer to earth than this distances of 385 million kilometres many a times, she said, adding: "It was all the more shocking to see that the e-mail being circulated by pranksters goes to the extent of claiming that the next time the Mars will come this close to the Earth again in 2287 only, making the 'August 27 event' a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

Another scientist at Indira *hi Planetarium, Anil Yadav, added: "If people still have doubts they can check it out on the internet just by typing 'Mars close to Earth' on any search engine

sgusa

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2006, 01:02:13 AM »

Appear as big as the moon ???? Are you sure ?

this whole thing is a hoax. i do recall observing it in 2003 though when it was the closest to earth. of course, no where close to looking like another moon!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1882800.cms

Close encounter with Mars a hoax

Vidushi Dubey
[ 11 Aug, 2006 0258hrs ISTTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

RSS Feeds| SMS NEWS to 8888 for latest updates

LUCKNOW: The close encounter of Planet Earth with the Mars is a big hoax after all. People have been waiting breathlessly for this so called celestial event, said to be taking place on August 27 after a recently-circulated mail made announcements to this effect.

But the revelations made by scientists at Indira *hi Planetarium here has poured cold water on the excitement. The e-mail claimed that the Mars would get bigger and bigger in the sky in August and look as big as the Moon on August 27.

The scientists, however, say that nothing of that sort is going to happen and, in fact, the Mars was far more closer to the Earth in August 2003.

"We ourselves were shocked to see these reports published in newspapers," says engineer, operations, Indira *hi Planetarium, Neena Chaudhary.

"Not being aware of the event ourselves we then tried all sources, including NASA website to get it confirmed. Ultimately, the information was proved a sham," she adds.

"I feel that some pranksters might have kept hold of an old e-mail and would have begun resending it. Many others must have passed it on innocently, not realising it was a fake," she explained.

Neena said, "In August 2003, the Mars and the Earth came within 56 million kilometres of each other, which is closer than at any time in the past 50,000 years.

At present, the Mars was 379 million kilometres away from the Earth on August 10 while the distance will increase to 382 million kilometres on August 17 and 385 million kilometres on August 27, the date on which the phenomenon is supposed to take place," said Neena.

Mars had been closer to earth than this distances of 385 million kilometres many a times, she said, adding: "It was all the more shocking to see that the e-mail being circulated by pranksters goes to the extent of claiming that the next time the Mars will come this close to the Earth again in 2287 only, making the 'August 27 event' a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

Another scientist at Indira *hi Planetarium, Anil Yadav, added: "If people still have doubts they can check it out on the internet just by typing 'Mars close to Earth' on any search engine

Ejactly why I asked the question. I rem the last Mars close encounter and at best it was the size of Sirius on a summer night!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2006, 07:51:58 AM »

ah, it seems that the planets are aligned. Mock and sgusa agree!
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up