Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: The Perpetually Palpitating Princess - Part I  (Read 12027 times)

MockTurtle

The Perpetually Palpitating Princess - Part I
« on: August 04, 2006, 03:49:16 PM »

The Perpetually Palpitating Princess - Part I
=================================

The Perpetually Palpitating Princess, Finalegeshwari, one with the slenderest pair of legs in the kingdom, wakes up from her afternoon siesta, and starts hyperventilating  - ayyo ayyo ayyo, I slept 3 minutes more than what I was supposed to, what will this do to my fine legs? Have the muscles been rested too much? Will it make them too taut? Shd I stretch them? Shd i flex them? How could I miss the process? What if my whole journey is ruined now! She flutters her eye-lashes, slaps her cheeks, runs around the room helter-skelter.

Meanwhile, her father, Coveran Pointaswamy, The King of Vidalia, is the grower of the finest onions west of Nile. He is at his field, measuring the thickness of his latest crop of onions with a set of gold plated vernier calipers. His eyes turn misty, mouth opens wide and he begins to shake  - "Tirupati Venkatesa, we have done it, we have done it, this onion is THE one, it has the texture, the size, the softness of a fine rasogullah! I am naming it Rasogus Gangulus, after my inspiration for this genetic modification. We will now market these superior onions to the wide world, get even more fame and fortune,  and my daughter, bless her palpitations, will have the BEST man in the world as her husband.

Now, our princess, with her penchant for palpitating at a heart beat has other designs as far as her future is concerned. You see, she is secretly in love with DeeDee, a wild race-car driver from nobody-knows-where. He is one for fast cars, fast women and fast money. He rips across from town to town looking for easy money, rich women being his usual targets. Once, while our Princess was in the middle of her early morning walk of 10.323 miles as dictated by the process, she tripped over an onion and had a nasty fall. Who should come vrooming, but our DeeDee, in his battered corvette. He had been secretly watching her and was waiting for the right opportunity. He scoops her up and settles her gently on a bench nearby and unleashes one of his charming smiles. DeeDee has a reputation of being a serial lady killer and all it took was that one smile, to render our princess palpitation-less and yes, she falls in love right there.

DeeDee, the cunning, conniving opportunist that he is, seeing the advantages of having a rich wife, decides in a jiffy that this one shd not be missed and plots his modus operandi. And the fine legs are but an added asset.Thus begins their secret affair - sprinkled with long, intimate chat sessions, cryptic posts at various discussion groups, a public posturing of "we don't like each other". But in reality, DeeDee becomes her lover, friend, philosopher, guide and dean. She cannot imagine leading her life without him. DeeDee is thrilled with the developments and has started dreaming of his Beamer.

Now comes the problem. Coveran is a very loving father but also a very traditional one. Family pride dictates that his daughter marry only a prince with at least 15K acres of land, preferably growing onions, but is willing to compromise on that. He has been targetting a certain Esgee Youyesayanthan II, an heir to the kingdom of Winedya, known for its lush vinyards and cheese factories. Esgee has an eye on the princess, esp. her legs. But, being somewhat shy of women, he never expresses his desires to any woman. Instead of making a "move", he starts discussing recipes and of course, the women get bored. Over time, this has made him into somewhat of a misogynist except when he thinks of Finesse, his special nick name for our palpitating princess. Thoughts of her induces an extra spring in his step, be it sauntering through the open-market or when hopping over to the library. Air feels lighter, the whole world seems pleasanter and all other afflictions associated with love hits him. All he needs now is the courage to ask her out.

(to be continued....)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 04:24:27 PM by MockTurtle »

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
Re: The Perpetually Palpitating Princess - Part I
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 03:58:34 PM »

Holy Cow! This is awesome! Iwas trying to pick my faorite phrase here but cant maqke up my mind

is it the 15K Acres
is it King of Vidalia
Is it my dream of aRasgulah type Onion?
Is it the 120.323 mile walk.

Mockaniji, that is awesome. Sadly I have aleady voted for the funniest person (Suraj) else that vote was yours. (Sorry Suraj you may just have to libve with just being God)

Cant wait for the part 2!

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 04:04:29 PM »

Awesome stuff Mock. Applause

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 04:08:07 PM »

Mock,
WOW!!!! You can indeed do humor and live with it. Applause.
Absolutely Brilliant work! Actually (a PP again!), I am  having a real busy day but I saw this thread title, and opened it, and i had to read it fully! Great job - are u gonna keep us waiting till after Cambodia? Or will drunkard make a move before u go?

Will be back to check a few hours later. I guess others will now expand this storyline in their own versions. Cheers.

sudzz

• Team of the Century
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 04:28:55 PM »

Awsome stuff...all it now needs is a villian and we are all set to have a potboiler as they call it

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »

Awsome stuff...all it now needs is a villian and we are all set to have a potboiler as they call it
Our DG has a few of them here as well if someone is looking for one and want to audition. :D :D

sgusa

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 04:49:36 PM »

;D ;D

I love my title!

suraj

• Team of the Century
  • How about a tattoo with my name??
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 05:51:02 PM »

HILARIOS and here's to get u to your double century

Besides a villian, I wud also luv to see a b***hy, scantily cald, supersexy and nymphomanic vamp in the stroy casting eyes and seducing the hero!

sgusa

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 06:02:03 PM »

Besides a villian, I wud also luv to see a b***hy, scantily cald, supersexy and nymphomanic vamp in the stroy casting eyes and seducing the hero!

And incase TLs dont get it, I happen to be that hero :D

(PS: Mock, please let me be. No plot twists :D Or will there be ?? Gotta wait n watch!)

sudzz

• Team of the Century
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 06:14:59 PM »

(PS: Mock, please let me be. No plot twists :D Or will there be ?? Gotta wait n watch!)

YessGee you are the hero of the first act itself..Like they say "Pear Aasai Pear Nashtam" so be careful about what you ask for  ;D

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2006, 06:30:56 PM »

MT:

Great post -- funny as heck, but you gotta wait 12 hrs.  ;D ;D

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2006, 06:34:00 PM »

Actually it would be more effective for the Father to be seduced by that scantily clad vamp. You know, the villain plots to get the princess so he sends his vamp to seduce the father to get him in his control. The rich hero strikes back with the power of the entire evil empire.

Would mockani give permission for this out of work director to continue this story. Nah .. why spoil it :)

Mockani ji do u really want an applause? Ok if you insist I will (applause given). Let me know if you would rather have a smite :)

sgusa

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2006, 06:40:48 PM »

Actually it would be more effective for the Father to be seduced by that scantily clad vamp. You know, the villain plots to get the princess so he sends his vamp to seduce the father to get him in his control. The rich hero strikes back with the power of the entire evil empire.

Would mockani give permission for this out of work director to continue this story. Nah .. why spoil it :)

Mockani ji do u really want an applause? Ok if you insist I will (applause given). Let me know if you would rather have a smite :)

It is true what they say, the older you get the more leacherous you are ! :D

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 06:45:30 PM »

It is true what they say, the older you get the more leacherous you are ! :D

Havent you heard. Mard aur Ghoda kabhi budha nahin hota. 

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2006, 07:51:16 PM »

akka  :( :( :(
you have made your thambi a murderous serial womanizing ba****d
how i hope kahani mein twist ho
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

sgusa

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2006, 07:57:22 PM »

Why, do you want to end up with finey and live happily ever after ? ;D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2006, 10:20:12 PM »

Do u have an issue with that! I like fairytale ending to cricket matches as well ;D
Though I dont have illusions abt Dee-dee! Oh wait, story is still on...so will play along for the part, Princess fluttering her eyelids (all heroines flutter their eyelids, don't they?)

MockTurtle

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2006, 10:58:47 PM »

Do u have an issue with that! I like fairytale ending to cricket matches as well ;D
Though I dont have illusions abt Dee-dee! Oh wait, story is still on...so will play along for the part, Princess fluttering her eyelids (all heroines flutter their eyelids, don't they?)

thanks, guys. reading fineleg's post about the journey and process inspired me to start this. don't worry, this is just the base of the story-line, will expand it with new characters, twists and turns as time goes by and the interest is sustained.  ;D

DD, don't tell me you want to renounce it all and turn a saint! maybe you will!

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2006, 11:08:03 PM »

Mock,
Is ur applaud to smite ratio the best in the DG for folks with more than a total of 50 karma (combined total of 50).

We dont have analytics tools here, but I will presume u or kban will have the best ratio.

MockTurtle

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2006, 11:16:03 PM »

Mock,
Is ur applaud to smite ratio the best in the DG for folks with more than a total of 50 karma (combined total of 50).

We dont have analytics tools here, but I will presume u or kban will have the best ratio.

i've no idea but just think how much better it would have been if this sneaky, serial smiter had not hit me with 10 smites in the last 10 days.  ;D  i bet he will stick to this even when i am gone travelling.  :D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2006, 11:32:12 PM »

Well u've used only a few characters in this story so far...Keep writing a "Mega-serial" story with slowly bringing in more characters  - the ration ratio will take care of itself. LOL ;D

THAT IS THE BEAUTY, my friend, philosopher and guide friend, akka and aunty-ji...KEEP AT THE PROCESS.....THE RESULTS will take care of itself

So, said a genius....................... Krishna! (well i modified a bit, before flute corrects me on the Mahabarat)
Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 11:36:19 PM by fineleg »

MockTurtle

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2006, 11:35:55 PM »

Well u've used only a few characters in this story so far...Keep writing a "Mega-serial" story with slowly bringing in more characters  - the ration ratio will take care of itself. LOL ;D

that's the idea - will expand it as time permits(next weekend onwards). gotta redeem my thambi at some point :)

oh, i don't care much about the ratio but do want to get into an open brawl with the smiter. wonder if he will have the courage tho. prefers to do it it on the sly. not my isthyle.

suraj

• Team of the Century
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2006, 11:36:30 PM »

Usually u have to do special favors to get the best part from the director. SG- willing to do anything to get the part???????

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2006, 11:37:52 PM »

Usually u have to do special favors to get the best part from the director. SG- willing to do anything to get the part???????

SG will even eat a sandwich without the bread? (is that what u meant, suraj?) Thumbs up. Cheers.

MockTurtle

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2006, 11:39:21 PM »

THAT IS THE BEAUTY, my friend, philosopher and guide friend, akka and aunty-ji...KEEP AT THE PROCESS.....THE RESULTS will take care of itself

So, said a genius....................... Krishna! (well i modified a bit, before flute corrects me on the Mahabarat)
Cheers.

for that "AKKA" and "AUNTY-JI", you will pay the price, dear PPP! I will make you die a violent death in despair and longing for DeeDee who will find greener and finer pastures!  ;D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2006, 11:40:50 PM »

Cheers.

for that "AKKA" and "AUNTY-JI", you will pay the price, dear PPP! I will make you die a violent death in despair and longing for DeeDee who will find greener and finer pastures!  ;D

Oh! No! I will take it back dear yeng lady! Please calm down and let me have a fairy tale.

DD in the meanwhile seems to have a roadies update...going there to read it now.

Some ad for you my lovely dd *giggle* ;D
http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?topic=3798.msg59502#msg59502

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2006, 11:46:19 PM »

Cheers.

for that "AKKA" and "AUNTY-JI", you will pay the price, dear PPP! I will make you die a violent death in despair and longing for DeeDee who will find greener and finer pastures!  ;D

i will shower you with gifts if you can make this happen. anyway rakhi is coming.
i dont mind being a villain so much  ;D.
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

suraj

• Team of the Century
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2006, 11:56:42 PM »

SG will even eat a sandwich without the bread? (is that what u meant, suraj?) Thumbs up. Cheers.

Yo applaud for tht one- u understand exactly wht I meant. although knowing the director she'll ask for more favors- I am scared for SG; poor kid will be exploited by the big bad Tollywood

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2006, 12:00:57 AM »

that's DGollywood
-- Mohandas K *hi

ThankYouChappel

• One Day Star
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2006, 12:21:50 AM »

Mock! Applause. Great work.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2006, 12:24:04 AM »

read over it again. simply fantasticu akka.
i think we should form a Writer's Guild  ;D
-- Mohandas K *hi

sgusa

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2006, 12:26:42 AM »

As long as she doesnt make me give up my car i am game to do what she wants :D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2006, 01:13:10 AM »

Yep, I nominate dee-dee, Yakka, blimey Jiet, Suraj for Writer's Guild Annual Award.
Cheers.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2006, 01:49:09 AM »

Yep, I nominate dee-dee, Yakka, blimey Jiet, Suraj for Writer's Guild Annual Award.
Cheers.
TL its not an award im proposing
-- Mohandas K *hi

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2006, 01:58:38 AM »

Cheers.
TL its not an award im proposing

dee-dee,
u underestimate me! i know that. its me who is proposing an award with a few nominees and then a winner will be voted later.

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2006, 01:38:14 PM »

Cheers.

You ingrateful,obnoxious, female! How could you forget about me! Just for that you are dead in the next sholey

MockTurtle

Re: The Perpetually Palpitating Princess - Part II
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2006, 02:41:52 PM »

Let us now get to know our romantic hero, EsGee and his lineage slightly better.

He is the son of Kaybaanu Vyasan, who, in a burst of inspiration after reading Thoreau's Walden, renounced his kingdom, went away to a hermitage and lives there on only fruits and snails. He has distanced himself from all material pleasures and human bondages. He has handed over the reins of his kingdom to his step-brother, (who shall have a larger role to play in this story later) and set up a trust fund for this son, Esgee. He now spends his time, trying to write the Great Winedyan Novel, and has reached page 4346 of Chapter one.

Now, from the look of it, it seems like Kaybaanu is a saint but that's where you are mistaken - he TOO has a dark secret and this whole escapism approach is an attempt to bury it. Beneath the veneer of saintliness and austerity, there lies a weakness that he simply cannot oversome - the sight of a pair of fine legs! It sends his pulse into a frenzy, brain into a twist and his heart melts faster than an ice-cream on a hot-plate. In fact, he had mandated that all women in his kingdom wear only the traditional full-length skirts and are never to reveal their legs in front of royalty. Of course, he had packaged this requirement as a mark of respect to ancient Winedyan tradition. This weakness for legs has led to many an iffy situation for Kaybaanu, the most notorious of them being a tempestuous affair with Annamma Coulterani, a vamp, who was on a spiritual tour to the kingdom of Winedya. Now, the truth  is that SHE is the real mother of Esgee, but this has been kept a dark, secret by Kaybaanu and his close associates. The world is made to believe that Kaybanu met his wife during one of his 2-year incognito visits to DGiana, got married and unfortunately, within 18 months, the wife died at childbirth and he returned Wyndia with the baby. 

Coming back to Esgee, the love-bug has bitten him hard and deep. All he can think of is spending every minute of life with Finesse and cannot get her out of his mind. He dreams of combing her hair, washing her feet and feeding her raisins dipped in dark chocolate. Thanks to his generous trust-fund, he drives the fanciest cars, has the finest wines in his cellar and the tastiest frozen dinners in his fridge - but alas! his heart feels as empty as a life without a Process. He has heard that Coveran is a strict father and being a rather traditonal boy himself, he thinks the best way to win her hand is to impress the father first. (He is not aware that Coveran has been considering him as a potential son-in-law ). He wonders - how can I impress Coveran? Should I make a special Paan with Vidalia onion bits? Or should I make a sweet&spicy omelette with rasogullah as a topping? As he is lost in these thoughts, his friend, Soorajan, knocks on his door.

Soorajan's philosophy is that everything in life is dictated by genes - be it baldness, be it affinity for mysore-pak, be it being a TubeLite. With this as his mantra, he views women as purely an object to be used to satisfy the biological needs dictated by gene 'D34D'. Love, heartbreak and commitment are all foreign terms to him and not worth mastering. On seeing his pal from childhood looking so downcast, he quickly assesses the situation and with his gene-based approach to life, decides, the boy needs to have some "fun". Once the 'action-gene' gets its due, all will be well with EsGee. With all these good intentions, he invites EsGee to join him for a night out in the city.

Both of them head to the local night-club, the sleazy, seedy place, where booze runs free and women run around naked. EsGee, who usually drinks only the finest wine along with the moldiest, rottenest cheese, is now exposed to a whole new world of alcoholia. Soon, Rum, Brandy, Liquer, Vodka, Arrack all run concentrated through his blood in full flow. Sooraj was waiting for him to get sufficiently intoxicated before egging him on to ask the star-dancer at the club, Jaatika, for a night of unbridled passion. Our dear boy, EsGee, inebriated as he is, stumbles across to Jaatika, who is perched on a bar-stool, tapping her stilleto-ed feet gently on the floor. Suddenly, someone shouts "Finish" from the other side of the room and in his current state, it falls on his ears as "Finesse". All memories about Finesse rushes back to his mind and instead of asking Jaatika "Will you come with me for the night?", he blurts out - "Will you marry me and be my wife for the rest of my life?".

Jaatika blinks and says 'YES' and thus our hero is engaged, quite inadvertantly, of course.

(to be continued...)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2006, 02:46:02 PM by MockTurtle »

suraj

• Team of the Century
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2006, 04:17:42 PM »

Brilliant as usual- differentiates the contendors from pretenders like suraj in the writers guild.

Applause!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2006, 06:24:02 PM »

hahahaahahahaha Annamma Coulterani
ayyo Esgee is in trouble now.
the big question is: where is Mock akka in the story ;D
-- Mohandas K *hi

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2006, 06:31:36 PM »

I'm only surprised that Mock did not get into this earlier. Great going Mockalangela...
"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

Scott Caan as Turk Malloy
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up