Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

CricketVoice's Most Valuable Player

Dextrous
- 16 (34%)
Kban1
- 16 (34%)
Fineleg
- 9 (19.1%)
Blwe_Torch
- 6 (12.8%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: August 07, 2006, 03:21:10 PM

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The CricketVoice Summer Awards - Most Valuable Player - WINNER ANNOUNCED  (Read 3365 times)

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

Who has done the most for the DG?

« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 03:23:49 PM by dhruvdeepak »
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
Re: The CricketVoice Summer Awards - CricketVoice's Most Valuable Player
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 07:21:32 PM »

Irrespective of the contributions (which in some cases are considerable) of the other luminaries nominated, I feel that one of the nominees' contributions probably outweigh that of the others.

From conceiving of an idea to get a new DG started once it was known that the purdue DG was going down to setting it up to scouring for members, posting articles, doing all the programming and maintenance, setting up a front page to enable future growth, working actively to get more views (advertising), and of course hosting this DG using his own money (despite him being a student), Dextrous has in many ways been the EMF and the impetus behind this DG.

Some might disagree with me. some might call this a publicity stunt or campaigning, but if you stand back and ask yourself the question

the response,IMO, is Dextrous for everything that he has done for this DG, and this holds true irrespective of whether you agree with him personally / his opinions or not.

That in short, is my opinion, and I say that after considering the contributions of the other nominees.

At the end of the day, please vote your conscience -- my post above was meant only to ensure that all of us are aware of what each of the nominees bring to the table simply because dextrous' considerable efforts are all behind the stage whereas the others' contributions (posts, threads, polls, discussion, news articles, moderating activities, etc) are visible to one and all.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 04:45:57 AM by kban1 »

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 08:26:54 PM »

>:( >:( >:(
no campaigning
 ;D
i was expecting a lot more nominations for this - quite surprising. i suspect there are only 4 nominees because in ppls mind there are very few people who deserve this.
kban you may believe there is only 1 winner. my hope (and my endeavor in all this) is that people can get over personal differences and vote for whoever they really think has done the most for this DG. let's find out what the votes say. some people think dex's work is most valuable (including me), some think Blwe's painstaking efforts in posting news articles as well as his other responsibilities are what win. same goes for fineleg. and of course some people have great respect for the amount of time and thought you put into each and every one of your posts. in my mind it is a pretty close call, not as clear-cut as you have put it. as i said, i hope the votes, for all the categories, reflect the truth rather than personal differences etc.
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 04:03:16 AM »

Kban,
Please.

This is all getting too dramatic and sentimental. If we dont want a poll, we can end it right here.
Just declare the winner de facto.

I'm not sure it is just Blwe's post on soccer or fineleg's 4k intensity or kban's 1k word post or dex's administration - it is a combination of things. Please, let us remove such campaigning or appealing to "Conscience" ---"Conscience" - seriously, whats going on here?

Lets remove all these posts, and let the regular poll go on.

suraj

• Team of the Century
  • How about a tattoo with my name??
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 04:36:22 AM »

Pitammah is having too much of  a soft corner because of his pratigya!!

Please, whether he wins the award or not, dex will always remain the founder of the DG without which we won't even be debating

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 08:19:01 AM »

Fineleg, below is my final decision on this subject. I am not going to have this award ruined because of bickering over stupid rules such as "you are not allowed to see the results"! I have seen the results so far for most categories. I have tried to make sure that I do not see the results for threads I have not voted yet in (tough choices!). I have not commented on any of the other threads as to how the voting is going. This thread is an exception - I will point out the reason below.

Kban, having seen the results (he did not know they were meant to be hidden), felt that a lot of people did not know of Dex's contribution. I agree with him on this. Nobody knows the backbreaking and time-consuming efforts owning a huge site like this entails. I paraphrase from one of the PMs between us: "...meant to level the playing field. Everybody sees fineleg's 100s of threads, everybody sees Blwe's articles and moderating job, and everybody sees Kban's epics. Many members do not know of Dex's efforts."

Following your numerous PMs, Kban has modified his post. Please read it carefully. And read mine as well. Neither of us has urged people to vote for Dex, or anything of the sort. Kban has put on record what Dex does around here and I am glad this has been done.
This is actually my mistake. I have been lazy in going about these awards - for certain awards I should have posted exactly what people are being nominated for. There is always a next time though, and I will be sure to take note.

If members on the DG do not have opinions of their own and are swayed by one comment from Kban, then I will be very disappointed. That said, most people on this DG have a very strong sense of opinion, and the only appeal Kban has made is to consider the roles of all the nominees (some of which are hidden from view). Again, I am sorry. This is an area where the Awards process has been lacking.

Kban, in my opinion you do not need to modify/delete your post. As we have discussed over PM, the purpose of your post (and mine) was not to sway people's opinions. This little episode has brought to light some important things to take into consideration for next time.

A final word: nobody else (except kban and I) know the tally of the votes so far. With that in mind, keep voting for whoever you think has done the most valuable job.
-- Mohandas K *hi

sgusa

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 08:26:09 AM »

As only the Governator can say - I didnt know there were such girly men here :D ;D

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 08:27:34 AM »

As only the Governator can say - I didnt know there were such girly men here :D ;D
to be precise: "Heii deeent nohhh theyr wurrr such ghurly men hyere""
-- Mohandas K *hi

suraj

• Team of the Century
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 01:00:55 PM »

Looks like Dravid has some comments abt this too:

DD: "Again, I am sorry. This is an area where the Awards process has been lacking."

RD: "Some processes have short term benefits others have long term"

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 07:46:26 AM »

I wish, I had 2 votes on this one! :)

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 05:30:50 AM »

To the winner of the MVP Award - prize attached.
You have the exclusive right to post this up as your display pic.
-- Mohandas K *hi

toney

• Team of the Century
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 03:04:12 PM »

I think Dex deserves this award. Nice job, Dexy...
When intelligence matures and lodges securely in the mind it becomes wisdom. When wisdom is integrated with life and becomes action it becomes Bhakti. Knowledge when it becomes fully mature is Bhakti. To believe that Jnana and Bhakti, knowledge & devotion, are different from each other is ignorance.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 03:22:52 PM »

Dextrous     - 16 (34%)
Kban1    - 16 (34%)
Fineleg    - 9 (19.1%)
Blwe_Torch    - 6 (12.8%)

Total Voters: 47
-- Mohandas K *hi

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 03:23:21 PM »

Another tie!!!
Congrats both of you!
-- Mohandas K *hi

ruchir

• Team of the Century
  • WC03 Final - Ganguly is in pain after a fall
Re: The CricketVoice Summer Awards - Most Valuable Player - WINNER ANNOUNCED
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 03:26:43 PM »

Congrats, KBAN, DEX.....

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 03:27:48 PM »

So that speach worked for both eh :)

Kidding ... Congrats Dex and Kban!

sgusa

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 03:30:10 PM »

So that speach worked for both eh :)

Kidding ... Congrats Dex and Kban!

Oldest political trick in the world! ;D

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2006, 04:33:05 PM »

First of all a deep bow to dextrous with the line from Wayne's World -- "I am not worthy"

Second  of all, thanks to all for voting your "conscience" (Braced for a fineleg outburst at this point). Thanks a lot.

So that speach worked for both eh   :)

Oldest political trick in the world!  ;D

Had to live up to suraj's moniker for me!!  ;D ;D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2006, 04:37:33 PM »

First of all a deep bow to dextrous with the line from Wayne's World -- "I am not worthy"

Second  of all, thanks to all for voting your "conscience" (Braced for a fineleg outburst at this point). Thanks a lot.

No outburst from me  ;D (kban - sorry to disappoint u with no outburst  ;D)
Congrats to Kban and Dex on winning the Joint-MVP award.
Campaign or no campaign, both deserve it.

suraj

• Team of the Century
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2006, 05:10:43 PM »

Pitamah ki jai ho!!!!!!!!

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 05:38:27 PM »

Congrats Kban & Dex! :)
Goes without saying.......You both deserve it!
Poetic justice in the end! :)

CLR James

• Team of the Century
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 10:20:59 AM »

Congrats kban and Dex! Well deserved indeed!

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2006, 06:57:18 PM »

thanks everyone for the kind words.
Pages: [1]   Go Up