Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Blank for now

- 3 (30%)
- 6 (60%)
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The CricketVoice Summer Awards - LOGIN TO LIVE CHAT  (Read 19145 times)

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

Thanks for the kind words CP. I am touched (really).

Cover Point

• Team of the Century

hmm who touched this lesbian? It better have been Mock or Nima!

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

Mock/Nima: Either or both of u swing? will be good to know - lol :)
Then there is VMenon too...and a 4th one which Kban refuses to comment on.
Lets get Kban to tell us that....Who are the 4, and then including me the Famous Five.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

Mock/Nima: Either or both of u swing? will be good to know - lol :)
Then there is VMenon too...and a 4th one which Kban refuses to comment on.
Lets get Kban to tell us that....Who are the 4, and then including me the Famous Five.
no, TL, you are the 4th one silly!
'no comment' indeed
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

updated the 1st post with new categories and nominees - plz have a look
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century

DD - bhaiyya

panchon ki rai lekar ab is karyakam ke liye ke date fix kiya jaaye. so that we know the deadline we are working towards.
awards should be live on the DG chat.
and ekdum filmi style me nominees pade jaayenge aur winner ko do shabd kehneka mauka milega.

it will be great. ek award bhi design kiya jaa sakta hai. which the winner gets to display on posts. plus nominnees and winners are given runs and special priviledges. maybe best member gets to be mod (if he/she is not a mod already.
there is more than meets the i

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

i am going to give this thread another day or so , so that everyone can have a look and think about their suggestions (for awards and nominees)
then we will start a thread where people will solely post their nominees for the various categories (any digressions in that thread will be severely reprimanded  :D). I will decide the final list of awards to be given

after that we will go to the polls. i dont know about the prizes and stuff for winning awards. designing some images which only the winners can display is a great idea. if you or someone can arrange for that it would be fantastic. about mod privileges and and runs/applauds, will have to take it up with the mods.

the actual awards will be fun, we'll have to figure out a good way to 'present' them, and yes victory speeches will be a must.
-- Mohandas K *hi

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century

achu should be in for funny.

jaat69

it will be close between DD and achu.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century

And why not jaat himself, since CP is there  ;D

jaat69

thanks Dex!...I am honored! ;D

jaat69

my only submission is that, guys who have been warned or been banned in this DG should not be awarded...that is, me included. :D
Plz don't award a guy who has been banned or warned for bad behaviour. An award winners DG record must be clean.

indian

• 12th Man

And why not jaat himself, since CP is there  ;D
And why not Dex himself if Jaat gets nominated for funniest member. ;) Don't mean any disrespect guys but in the humour dept though I don't care much for his rasgullah references Cover point is miles ahead of you guys IMHO.

On a serious note can we get DD and KIC in for CricketVoice's Most Liked Member.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

my only submission is that, guys who have been warned or been banned in this DG should not be awarded...that is, me included. :D
Plz don't award a guy who has been banned or warned for bad behaviour. An award winners DG record must be clean.

Jaat,
Just IMO - no need for such 'exclusions' - everyone in this DG is valuable and everyone should be considered for awards - no need to exclude 'banned folks'. They did something, got banned, end of matter - that need not be a black mark and continue throughout their life at DG! The incident is over, and we will "look forward" ;D So, consider everyone please without exclusions.

suraj

• Team of the Century
  • How about a tattoo with my name??

Are we still nominating???

If yes I nominate Fineleg for MVP, DD/Jiet are tough to choose for the most funniest and Kban for the legend award

I also nominate myself as the most good looking member since no one can see me ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Bismallah Rahim izzz I izzz score 15017 runs
  • Team of the Century
  • sekho na naino ki bhasha..

The Cricket Guru – kban
MVP       kban
Funniest      DD
Best thread    Punch lines for people on the DG
Best rookie   Vincent
Cricvoice’s legend   Teddy
Most liked member   Sahir, wtf where is he is in the list of nominees
Greatest rivalry   Me vs DG :D for various threads on Mumbai blasts, jk, cp and dex
Cricvoice’s fav phrase      I have 15,000 runs
Why did the chicken cross the road?

According to Le Chatelier:

The chicken crossed the road because there were too many moles of chicken
on the reactants side of the road equilibrium.

sgusa

Cricvoice’s fav phrase      I have 15,000 runs

Rapidly being displaced with "idjet" :D

suraj

• Team of the Century

Best thread: Sahir's video links

Cover Point

• Team of the Century

Hey so Jaat .. I have never been banned or warned (Hey Blwe himself said on Mr zero that it was advise)

So I am still in! :)

And Dexy, Do point me to a funny or even a funny wanna be post from Jaat? I mean how much hatred do u have in your heart. Atleast give a person the due that I do atleast ATTEMPT at some humorous posts (a few parodies etc). You may not find it funny... fair ...but can you point me to one from Jaat?

And Dex, do me ONE favor if you could. Go ahead and abuse me on things that you want to BUT PLEASE PLEASE do not try and equate me to jaat!

suraj

• Team of the Century

Hey so Jaat .. I have never been banned or warned (Hey Blwe himself said on Mr zero that it was advise)

And Dexy, Do point me to a funny or even a funny wanna be post from Jaat? I mean how much hatred do u have in your heart. Atleast give a person the due that I do atleast ATTEMPT at some humorous posts (a few parodies etc). You may not find it funny... fair ...but can you point me to one from Jaat?

And Dex, do me ONE favor if you could. Go ahead and abuse me on things that you want to BUT PLEASE PLEASE do not try and equate me to jaat!

Equating CP and Jaat is like equating Paresh rawal and Gulshan Grover- one is mostly comedy and occasionally villianous, other is almost exclusively villianous and very rarely comedy!!!

Cover Point

• Team of the Century

Equating CP and Jaat is like equating Paresh rawal and Gulshan Grover- one is mostly comedy and occasionally villianous, other is almost exclusively villianous and very rarely comedy!!!

ROFLMAO

jaat69

Jaat,
Just IMO - no need for such 'exclusions' - everyone in this DG is valuable and everyone should be considered for awards - no need to exclude 'banned folks'. They did something, got banned, end of matter - that need not be a black mark and continue throughout their life at DG! The incident is over, and we will "look forward" ;D So, consider everyone please without exclusions.

Can we have a vote on that too?

Cover Point

• Team of the Century

For the record.. i was never Banned or Warned!

jaat69

Mods will verify that. Should the previous DG count too?! ???
btw..are you expecting some award?...just curious!

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century

btw..are you expecting some award?...just curious!

;D ;D

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century

I find him a lot funnier than you, speaking in terms of solely crass humor. It is another thing that you find "dexy" so freaking funny and do not hesitate to make jokes on the expense of others but cannot take it if jaat or achu do the same thing to you. Your sense of humor is a one-way street, whether it be dhakkan or the hole.

ANyway, I don't want to ruin this thread and we can save our argument for somewhere else.

Cover Point

• Team of the Century

I find him a lot funnier than you, speaking in terms of solely crass humor. It is another thing that you find "dexy" so freaking funny and do not hesitate to make jokes on the expense of others but cannot take it if jaat or achu do the same thing to you. Your sense of humor is a one-way street, whether it be dhakkan or the hole.

ANyway, I don't want to ruin this thread and we can save our argument for somewhere else.

whoa whoa whoa ... aag laga ke bhag rahe ho bache. Not so fast!

So the Sexy Dexy has spoken. How about we leave whether I am funny or not for others to judge. I have no problems with the "hole" being used in a humourous way (and I have used it many a times at my own expense). I have explained this to Achu that he can use it any time to directly address me. I did have a problem when it is used to talk to me in a third person.. as it is being used to put my arguments down.

Dhakkan (and Jaat's other favorite ... Khote da puttar ... which means son of a Donkey) are name calling pure and simple! The response to that will be Ulla Ka Patha and then on to Bhen-C%$# etc etc. So please, dont equate any thing to that!

So as I said... you dont have to find me funny or even read my posts, there are a few who do like them, but please dont mention my name in the same sentence as Jaat. That is a sincere request!

jaat69

bhai...I thought that the terms that I had used are harmless terms of endearment, provided you have the sense of humor ( and here you are expecting a humor-related award!) :(

Cover Point

• Team of the Century

bhai...I thought that the terms that I had used are harmless terms of endearment, provided you have the sense of humor ( and here you are expecting a humor-related award!) :(

Jaat, honestly I have nothing to say to you. I dont want to be speculating your dinner time conversations and terms of endearment and anyway any direct conversation with you goes down the drain so I would rather refrain.

For the rest of the DG. just fyi I dont expect any award here. I think DD and Jiet are funnier and in my book the humour award goes to them (split). I just was reacting to Jaat's post above where he was suggesting people warned or banned should not be in the fray. For the record I was never banned or warned on this or the previous DG (Dexy's old DG).

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century

Jaat, honestly I have nothing to say to you. I dont want to be speculating your dinner time conversations and terms of endearment and anyway any direct conversation with you goes down the drain so I would rather refrain.

For the rest of the DG. just fyi I dont expect any award here. I think DD and Jiet are funnier and in my book the humour award goes to them (split). I just was reacting to Jaat's post above where he was suggesting people warned or banned should not be in the fray. For the record I was never banned or warned on this or the previous DG (Dexy's old DG).

u sure mate? weren't you banned after that nice altercation you had going with me? i do remember a warning from arjun maybe a 3 day ban too. but then thats all water under the bridge now i guess.  :)

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

The ;D seems to work for mock - even k-slice seems to vote her for Ms.Conge...after the ;D

jaat69

As I have mentioned earlier, if you want this award to be considered seriously, do away with 'tainted members' from your nomination lists, namely, Cover Point & Ruchir.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 05:45:28 AM by jaat69 »

k-slice

jaat,
i really dont get you at times. why would you come onto this thread with your personal grouses against members? i understand your dislike for CP and ruchir and the best way to resolve it is dont VOTE FOR THEM.  why question what DD is goibng just because you dont agree with the nominees?

jaat69

jaat,
i really dont get you at times. why would you come onto this thread with your personal grouses against members? i understand your dislike for CP and ruchir and the best way to resolve it is dont VOTE FOR THEM.  why question what DD is goibng just because you dont agree with the nominees?

Had it been DD's personal awards, I wouldn't have said anything. But by trying to project this as one representing the whole DG ( which is a good idea), I think voices across the section must be considered.
It is not just a question of avoiding to vote at all.
In all kinds of elections these days, these factors are considered.

sgusa

jaat,

Had it been DD's personal awards, I wouldn't have said anything. But by trying to project this as one representing the whole DG ( which is a good idea), I think voices across the section must be considered.
It is not just a question of avoiding to vote at all.
In all kinds of elections these days, these factors are considered.

Just let democracy work.

k-slice

what factors??? that you dont like a nominee? well in that case dont vote for him. just because your views dont match the other two's does not mean they dont contribute to this Dg does it?? this is the DG award ceremony right? well in that case your opinion does not represent the entire Dg so why should these 2 be removed? i happen to agree with your pro certian player stance but does that mean that others cant be anti him?? come on dude your earlier post was nothing more or nothing less than a pathetic attempt to bait CP and ruchir, which i think is really against the spirit of this thread. having said that,
dd i will delete this post ASAP and maybe jaat would be interested in carrying this on if he wishes on the originla discussion thread.

jaat69

No, I don't intend to impose my personal choice on the awards or nominations. But, while you are forming policies, a cross-section of opinions need to be considered IMO.
But, where are the opinions?

k-slice

jaat
you are being daft here. you are correct in the negative that is. the whole point of CP being a nominee is that his opinion is also respected here. if you conduct a poll i am sure a lot of people who disagree with CP would still want to see him as a nominee. me for one.

sgusa

Which old bugger once said "I may not agree with your words, but will defend with my life your right to say them" or something to that effect ?

jaat69

jaat
you are being daft here. you are correct in the negative that is. the whole point of CP being a nominee is that his opinion is also respected here. if you conduct a poll i am sure a lot of people who disagree with CP would still want to see him as a nominee. me for one.

OK....I am all for democratic processes. Lets have a poll on this. Or better still ( as polls can be manipulated)....nominate 5 juries for finalising the award nominees.
Let them vote and decide and form policies.
Is that fair?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up