Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Blank for now

- 3 (30%)
- 6 (60%)
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The CricketVoice Summer Awards - LOGIN TO LIVE CHAT  (Read 19612 times)

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

Rams,
Thanks for the nomination. I certainly believe that I don't support or criticize any specific player becos of their name or region or whatever, but I support or criticize based on performance and their team-spirit attitude. It is heartening to see atleast someone in this DG thinks that I am not biased, coz my explanations have failed to convince some others - perhaps it is the way I explain!

;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dangit! I thought it was the fibonacci for a second.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (jaws aching)

It was and you messed it up  :D

After all, Fibonacci is f(n) = f(n-1) + f(n-2)

3, 6, 9, __

AARRGH!! JFK....I can't believe you would have this TL! (I know it is a geeky TL)

Just in case it was not clear....f(0) = 0 by convention and so f(1)=f(2) for fibonacci

Well, It is a universally known fact that the formula holds for n > 1 and f(0) = 0, f(1) = 1  :)

So, admit that you messed up or face the consequences  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:16:35 AM by justforkix »

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

Posting the prior announcement again:

The voting will begin on Saturday 29th July, at 9AM EST. Members will have till Sunday 6th August, 9PM EST to vote in the various categories. Polling results will be hidden till 6th August.

I will time the release of the polls such that voting will close one by one, each 15 minutes after the previous one. This will allow time for congratulations, commiserations, victory speeches et al. Sunday (next) night will be a good time for everyone to be present on the DG. I expect everyone to vote in each category.

Please vote fairly: refrain from using alternate IDs and such schemes. Till Saturday (29th July) morning, both threads will remain open to suggestions and potential nominees. We will decide on prizes (if any) as well as who chooses the nominees (if we are to shortlist them) between now and then. I will try and get the mods to create a child folder or something of that nature to group the Awards threads together in.

Also - artists please come forward and submit some image designs that the winners can put up as their display pics!

Another Announcement:

For the sake of uniformity, I am going to limit the list of nominations for each award to 10. Now, I do not know any efficient way to do this, except for me to see to it myself. Hence I will be excluding some names from the polls.

I will include an option in the VOTING threads for people to Write In a vote for any nominees not included on the list. If your name has been excluded, please do not take offense. This is just my attempt to make the voting as clean as possible, and I assure you I will list 10 people for each Award based on popularity in the nominee thread and not my own views.

Voters, I urge you to view the complete lists on the Nominees thread before voting for each award. If the person you intend to vote for is not in the poll, you can post his/her name in the thread, and that will be counted as a vote.

You may also PM me with the person you want to vote for, and the category, if you want to vote anonymously (if the person is not on the list)

this announcement brought to you by UCV - Light Up!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 08:07:28 AM by dhruvdeepak »
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

DD - Announce one more option: If name is not on nominee list, then you can either "write in" the vote on the poll thread or PM DD if u want to vote anon. Alrite? (well not totally anon, DD will know, but still, u get the gist).

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

DD - Announce one more option: If name is not on nominee list, then you can either "write in" the vote on the poll thread or PM DD if u want to vote anon. Alrite? (well not totally anon, DD will know, but still, u get the gist).
ok done - thanks
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe

Rams,
Thanks for the nomination. I certainly believe that I don't support or criticize any specific player becos of their name or region or whatever, but I support or criticize based on performance and their team-spirit attitude. It is heartening to see atleast someone in this DG thinks that I am not biased, coz my explanations have failed to convince some others - perhaps it is the way I explain!

;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

3, 6, 9, __

AARRGH!! JFK....I can't believe you would have this TL! (I know it is a geeky TL)

Just in case it was not clear....f(0) = 0 by convention and so f(1)=f(2) for fibonacci

Well, It is a universally known fact that the formula holds for n > 1 and f(0) = 0, f(1) = 1  :)

>:(  >:( .....you sneaky @#$%^&!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

Scott Caan as Turk Malloy

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

Rams,

;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

3, 6, 9, __

>:(  >:( .....you sneaky @#$%^&!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
such frustrations are part of the process...
-- Mohandas K *hi

sudzz

• Team of the Century

I dont know if there is a section for the most obnoxious post ever...

I just read K-slice's comments on the child that fell in the well -He called the child dumb and whatever else-I think this comment should take the award for not just stupidity but also for insensitivity....

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Bismallah Rahim izzz I izzz score 15017 runs
  • Team of the Century
  • sekho na naino ki bhasha..

I dont know if there is a section for the most obnoxious post ever...

I just read K-slice's comments on the child that fell in the well -He called the child dumb and whatever else-I think this comment should take the award for not just stupidity but also for insensitivity....

i already won the award for the mumbai blasts thread  ::) ::) ::)
Why did the chicken cross the road?

According to Le Chatelier:

The chicken crossed the road because there were too many moles of chicken
on the reactants side of the road equilibrium.

jaat69

Check out for some 'classy' sense of humor by a nominee at http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?topic=4375.0
 :)

Cover Point

• Team of the Century

Check out for some 'classy' sense of humor by a nominee at http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?topic=4375.0

I think I need to start a poll. Should I continue to ignore this buzzing by an idiot or get back in my old form and take him on?

Duniya ... faisla hum aap par beepte hain

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century

I think I need to start a poll. Should I continue to ignore this buzzing by an idiot or get back in my old form and take him on?

CP, stay away from name-calling.

Cover Point

• Team of the Century

No I wont! ... go ahead and ban me!

ranjit

• First Class Player

What's with the moving of this thread here. Hartaal time!

Think of the valuable runs that k-slice stole and then donated to DD, and that DD spent in getting a sticky. It isn't fair.

Hartaal! Protest! Inquilab Zindabad!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 06:28:24 PM by ranjit »

ranjit

• First Class Player

I'm getting quite sick of jaat hijacking every thread to launch attacks against Ruchir or CP. In fact, I am hoping CP wins an award (whether he deserves it or not is another story ;)) just to spite jaat.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 06:27:46 PM by ranjit »

sgusa

I getting quite sick of jaat hijacking every thread to launch attacks against Ruchir or CP. In fact, I am hoping CP wins an award (whether he deserves it or not is another story ;)) just to spite jaat.

hahahaha. How about a 'Award for CP just to spite Jaat' award category ?? Nominee - CP. ;D

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

Think of the valuable runs that k-slice stole and then donated to DD, and the DD spent in getting a sticky. It isn't fair.

Before u go on a hartaal mode, let me inform you that a seperate board has been created for this award ceremony on Dhruvdeepak's request, so that all the relevant threads can be grouped together.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

Actually the creation of a "new board" has sort of pushed this thread to obscurity.
Many members may primarily overlook 'non cricket' boards...infact many i feel have it 'collapsed'...u have to hit the + button to 'expand' the non cricket boards else it is hidden.

So, time to reconsider or atleast create the "real polls" in Main DG itself as sticky...dunno.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

the voting will be fine here. i will make enough noise on the main board to get ppl to vote (which btw starts in 4 hrs :D)
-- Mohandas K *hi

jaat69

Desperate attempts to become a martyr..................denied! ;D

sgusa

Jaat , will you quit behaving like a 8 year old ?

CP, if Jaat doesnt act mature, will you atleast just ignore him?

I dont want this thread to be a tussle between the two of you. DD started the thread to show APPRECIATION to fellow DG members.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

the voting will be fine here. i will make enough noise on the main board to get ppl to vote (which btw starts in 4 hrs :D)

'make noise' - make it the 'moany' noise ;)
u do moan, dont u?

jaat69

I dont want this thread to be a tussle between the two of you. DD started the thread to show APPRECIATION to fellow DG members.

SGUSA....I understand your sentiment.
But, for a change tell your friend to behave too.
I mean......galti se hi sahi! :D

sgusa

Didnt i tell him to quit it too ??

Besides, arent we all faceless entities on a freaking FORUM ?? Why the heck are we going at each other like its personal ?? Does anythign that happens here on the forum actually affect the Real World ?? Get some prespective folks!!!

Just have fun, read interesting posts, pull people's legs and above all come with a sense of humor!

jaat69

Besides, arent we all faceless entities on a freaking FORUM ?? Why the heck are we going at each other like its personal ?? Does anythign that happens here on the forum actually affect the Real World ?? Get some prespective folks!!!

Just have fun, read interesting posts, pull people's legs and above all come with a sense of humor!

I share the same perspective.
But tell you what, even if it is faceless, it does get personal.
This is my experience.

sgusa

This is my experience.

Well anytime you take emotions from cyberspace and let it affect you in RL (real life for the TL 101 students ;D), you need to step away from the computer, try to find a patch of sunlight ( I am in Seattle - we need to search for sunlight 11 months in the year ;D ) and stand there and take deep breaths. Then come back to the computer after sometime if you still feel like it.

jaat69

You did. But you qualified your statement to me with a reference to me being an immatured, 8 year old!
If you believe, you are balanced, then do the same for your friend. :D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

Jaat -
I think CP has mentioned he will stay outta ur way, and does not want to talk to u. But u keep bringing him up in threads...

Frankly, if it was face-to-face ppl would be nicer to each other, becos it is faceless, ppl fight more.

jaat69

Well anytime you take emotions from cyberspace and let it affect you in RL (real life for the TL 101 students ;D), you need to step away from the computer, try to find a patch of sunlight ( I am in Seattle - we need to search for sunlight 11 months in the year ;D ) and stand there and take deep breaths. Then come back to the computer after sometime if you still feel like it.

Thank you for the sound advice. Being in the IT industry, we do follow those stuff and more anyway.
Tell you what, sometimes, I wish, it gets real! :D

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

leave it, sgusa. jaat man this is disappointing considering you actually have achutank vouching for you on other threads.
i am doing my best not to bust an artery because my thread is being ruined  ;D
oh and i better say 'cp quit it too' otherwise i wont be balanced
-- Mohandas K *hi

sgusa

You did. But you qualified your statement to me with a reference to me being an immatured, 8 year old!
If you believe, you are balanced, then do the same for your friend. :D

Grrr.

Jaat - to be fair and honest - you were behaving at the maturity level of a petty 8 year old.

And CP was reacting to your pettiness. I suppose the more mature thing for CP to do would have been to ignore your immaturity, but he didnt. There i said it!

I called them as i saw them. And CP is no more my 'friend' than any other person here. I mean, its not like we share a pitcher of beer after work or anything. So quit trying to project that i am showing CP any support.

jaat69

Jaat -
I think CP has mentioned he will stay outta ur way, and does not want to talk to u. But u keep bringing him up in threads...

Frankly, if it was face-to-face ppl would be nicer to each other, becos it is faceless, ppl fight more.

You are right. The trouble is, he doesn't. Even without naming me, he comes into my ways.

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe

This is my experience.

Now THAT must have been some "experience".

"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

Scott Caan as Turk Malloy

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century

CP, just because someone is getting on your nerve does not mean you can call them names (just think of all the people you annoy by your mere existence on the board). And now if we let everyone, who you annoy by doing what jaat does to you, call you names and swear you out, the DG would succumb to anarcyh!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

Ok guys, the voting will begin real soon. So, have fun and good luck!
-- Mohandas K *hi

ranjit

• First Class Player

Think of the valuable runs that k-slice stole and then donated to DD, and the DD spent in getting a sticky. It isn't fair.

Before u go on a hartaal mode, let me inform you that a seperate board has been created for this award ceremony on Dhruvdeepak's request, so that all the relevant threads can be grouped together.

Thanks for clearing it up. I was just kidding anyway. :)

Cover Point

• Team of the Century

SGUSA, DD, Fineleg etc, yes I should just have ignored him. My fault here truly. Infact thats what i have tried to do since. I that new category someome mentioned though :)

SGUSA, next time you visit the chicago land area we gotta rectify that pitcher thing (on me). Nopes wont be able to give you a ride on a beamer ... u will have to settle for a camry or a SUV. :)

jaat69

SGUSA, DD, Fineleg etc, yes I should just have ignored him. My fault here truly. Infact thats what i have tried to do since. I that new category someome mentioned though :)

SGUSA, next time you visit the chicago land area we gotta rectify that pitcher thing (on me). Nopes wont be able to give you a ride on a beamer ... u will have to settle for a camry or a SUV. :)

Do whatever, just don't cross my way! ;D

sgusa

Once we do the pitcher thing a bullock cart would work fine too :D

sgusa

This is my experience.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

This is my experience.

;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up