Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Blank for now

- 3 (30%)
- 6 (60%)
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The CricketVoice Summer Awards - LOGIN TO LIVE CHAT  (Read 19607 times)

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

nominees list updated - new categories added

DD - can we have a timeframe - Nominees till this Friday...
Real Voting starts this Saturday, and lasts through the week, and say till Sunday of next weekend.

U can take a look at the timeline, just a proposal.

BTW - DD/Kban/Dex: Sent a PM to u folks - there is an option in the Poll which is disabled when u create a new poll. Enable that - more details in the PM. (tis abt the "show results after poll is over option")
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:29:46 PM by fineleg »

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

nominees list updated - new categories added

DD - can we have a timeframe - Nominees till this Friday...
Real Voting starts this Saturday, and lasts through the week, and say till Sunday of next weekend.

U can take a look at the timeline, just a proposal.

BTW - DD/Kban/Dex: Sent a PM to u folks - there is an option in the Poll which is disabled when u create a new poll. Enable that - more details in the PM. (tis abt the "show results after poll is over option")

Actually it works, u just need to enter the details and then it does work...Just use that then.

Cover Point

• Team of the Century

nobody has considered jaat's suggestion to be worthy of a reply - his 'theory' just does not hold any water. i dont know why you need people to openly come out in support of you,  but trust me, nobody (else) thinks you are 'tainted'. hell nobody on this DG is 'tainted' it is a ridiculous idea in the first place which has been deservedly rejected. more than one person has asked to add you (CP) to the 'funniest' list. i am in total agreement with this. i should hope that stands for something. if you are looking for some 'support' there it is.

if you are going to go sulk in the corner so be it, but if someone puts your name up for a nomination, as it stands your name will be put up on the list. I am not going to sit around for people's 'approval' of being a nominee. my pov is stop being a 5 year old and get involved with this. we have to try and take other people's posts in the right manner, after thousands of posts i would hope people have learnt that much at least.

APPLAUSE!!!!

CP if you sulk I'll tie you to a chair in a room with Dexy singining SG's praises in one ear  and Jaat hurling Punjabi abuses in the other.

Holy cow! That sets me straight! Makki di roti Rasgulleh de naal! Bhai wah ki swad!

Not sulking guys (now that I have been suitably chastened by DD and all) was just busy today. Surprisingly got some work done! Plus have to think of a GREAT DRAMA to Continue Mockani's thread that would catapult me in the funniest person lead! Hmmm I need to go to an HR meeting to get some fresh material and get some good thinking time in!

MockTurtle

I thought about it and would like to withdraw my nomination for any award. DD please do the needful.

Thanks

CP...this is a sentimental master-stroke! ;D
I mean, plz consider it once again!
Why bother abt what one jaat69 thinks anyway?
Or I may have to suggest a new category.."Drama Emperor" to ensure an award for you! ;D

Prolly the first time you got an applaud from me but I totally agree with this.

CP- be the same old CP man; don't let these things bother you or affect a decision

I actually thought about it a lot. I really dont want to be associated with this thread anymore. This is just the way I am. Earlier in the DG days, this place was one of the many on my daily browsing stops. I used to come with an attitude of "what the heck" and I can sledge with the best of them. I have actually been "fooled" by the recent bon homie of this DG. Have started considering a lot of people here as friends. To me to be referred to as tainted or anything is offensive. The fact that this was actually discussed in seriousness on this thread was infact even more offensive. And a complete silence by a majority of the DGians in this matter (or lack of people save a couple  openly aking Jaat to shut up) was the last straw.

I am not threatening to leave the DG or any such thing. I am not sure of my ability to do that. I spend way too much time here to give these " empty threats". But this was something that started as fun and it is no longer fun for me. So I want to stay away from this.

CP, it it not jaat's fault that he makes such requests - just blame it on his "delicate sentiments". sometimes they get the better of him. but if you continue this, i may have to assess the delicacy of your sentiments as well!   ;D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

Can we please add Fineleg and Losing Now for the most balanced view category.

Rams,
Thanks for the nomination. I certainly believe that I don't support or criticize any specific player becos of their name or region or whatever, but I support or criticize based on performance and their team-spirit attitude. It is heartening to see atleast someone in this DG thinks that I am not biased, coz my explanations have failed to convince some others - perhaps it is the way I explain!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

Rams,
Thanks for the nomination. I certainly believe that I don't support or criticize any specific player becos of their name or region or whatever, but I support or criticize based on performance and their team-spirit attitude. It is heartening to see atleast someone in this DG thinks that I am not biased, coz my explanations have failed to convince some others - perhaps it is the way I explain!
this is not a thread to PR your campaign!!
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

Rams,
this is not a thread to PR your campaign!!

LOL! Ofcourse not (I'll start other threads for those... ;D ;D BTW - can we create a special "Campaign Board" for the week of campaigning! ;D)...Neverthless, i felt heartened that Rams recognizes that i am not a biased towards hating specific cricketer(s) as is often portrayed.

Cover Point

• Team of the Century

I thought about it and would like to withdraw my nomination for any award. DD please do the needful.

Thanks

CP...this is a sentimental master-stroke! ;D
I mean, plz consider it once again!
Why bother abt what one jaat69 thinks anyway?
Or I may have to suggest a new category.."Drama Emperor" to ensure an award for you! ;D

Prolly the first time you got an applaud from me but I totally agree with this.

CP- be the same old CP man; don't let these things bother you or affect a decision

I actually thought about it a lot. I really dont want to be associated with this thread anymore. This is just the way I am. Earlier in the DG days, this place was one of the many on my daily browsing stops. I used to come with an attitude of "what the heck" and I can sledge with the best of them. I have actually been "fooled" by the recent bon homie of this DG. Have started considering a lot of people here as friends. To me to be referred to as tainted or anything is offensive. The fact that this was actually discussed in seriousness on this thread was infact even more offensive. And a complete silence by a majority of the DGians in this matter (or lack of people save a couple  openly aking Jaat to shut up) was the last straw.

I am not threatening to leave the DG or any such thing. I am not sure of my ability to do that. I spend way too much time here to give these " empty threats". But this was something that started as fun and it is no longer fun for me. So I want to stay away from this.

CP, it it not jaat's fault that he makes such requests - just blame it on his "delicate sentiments". sometimes they get the better of him. but if you continue this, i may have to assess the delicacy of your sentiments as well!   ;D

Now now. I am fully cured now. The Dean's cane did the job. Hope this is the last time I see the words CP and sentiments in the same sentence.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

Okay boys and girls - time for an announcement:

The voting will begin on Saturday 29th July, at 9AM EST. Members will have till Sunday 6th August, 9PM EST to vote in the various categories. Polling results will be hidden till 6th August. I will time the release of the polls such that voting will close one by one, each 15 minutes after the previous one. This will allow time for congratulations, commiserations, victory speeches et al. Sunday (next) night will be a good time for everyone to be present on the DG. I expect everyone to vote in each category. Please vote fairly: refrain from using alternate IDs and such schemes. Till Saturday (29th July) morning, both threads will remain open to suggestions and potential nominees. We will decide on prizes (if any) as well as who chooses the nominees (if we are to shortlist them) between now and then. I will try and get the mods to create a child folder or something of that nature to group the Awards threads together in.
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

A call to any artists out there - could you possibly design an image for each of the awards (i know there are a lot - 14 to date). The winner and only the winner can put the image as his/her display pic as a prize. email the pics to me at: dhruvdeepak@hotmail.com or dhruvdeepak@gmail.com
-- Mohandas K *hi

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century

Wow, some people are hunting this thread looking to feel better about themselves!

**insert: denials**

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

Rams,

;D ;D ;D

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

Rams,

;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
-- Mohandas K *hi

sgusa

Rams,

;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe

Rams,

;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dangit! I thought it was the fibonacci for a second.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D (jaws aching)
"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

Scott Caan as Turk Malloy

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

Rams,

;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

my first thought too!
-- Mohandas K *hi

sgusa

Only people schooled in the desi school systems will think 'fibonacci' ( why couldnt it be a lopsided pascal's triangle ?? ) :D We are such dorks!

sgusa

PS: Why are we only voting for the 'Best'? Why not the worst ones too? May be we don't need nominations, but can certainly define the categories and let people vote. Or do we not want to name someone in a worst category? I don't think it's really a bad idea as long as the categories are well defined. That way the people named in these categories will have some clues about where they are going wrong.

You are going into dangerous territories my friend ;D you need to dig around just a little to see the flame wars that have taken place here!

Jai

• Team of the Century

PS: Why are we only voting for the 'Best'? Why not the worst ones too? May be we don't need nominations, but can certainly define the categories and let people vote. Or do we not want to name someone in a worst category? I don't think it's really a bad idea as long as the categories are well defined. That way the people named in these categories will have some clues about where they are going wrong.

You are going into dangerous territories my friend ;D you need to dig around just a little to see the flame wars that have taken place here!

I know...I am well aware of the flame wars on this DG. But c'm on, it's not going to be a discussion, just a vote in a category. Suppose if there's a category called 'Most irritating topic' and if I or a few others choose the same topic, then the originator of those topics will know that he/she is getting kind of irritating with the same old topic. I don't see why there should be a flame war for that. Remember I had said the categories have to be carefully picked, not something demeaning like 'Most stupid fella'. But I do understand your concern. Probably a few others or even most have the same concern and I won't be surprised if we leave out these categories.

sgusa

I know...I am well aware of the flame wars on this DG. But c'm on, it's not going to be a discussion, just a vote in a category. Suppose if there's a category called 'Most irritating topic' and if I or a few others choose the same topic, then the originator of those topics will know that he/she is getting kind of irritating with the same old topic. I don't see why there should be a flame war for that. Remember I had said the categories have to be carefully picked, not something demeaning like 'Most stupid fella'. But I do understand your concern. Probably a few others or even most have the same concern and I won't be surprised if we leave out these categories.

We already have a voting system in place - appluase/smites. Have you seen the number of posts of "why was i smiten?", "who gave me 5 smites ?" and so on ? :D

Anyways, upto almightly poll making DD :D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

DD and Mods -
My request:
Please keep these awards *only* positive. The purpose is to APPLAUD good service.

We have enough trouble on the DG already - Absolutely No to any "poor" or "worst" or such negative votes.
So, do *not* introduce those.

jaat69

I would like to nominate Kban for a new category "Best shoulders in the DG to cry upon"  ;D 

I think thats a great idea! :D

jaat69

"tainted" here means somebody who has been warned officially or unofficially, at the very least.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Am I and CP the only ones who have been warned? And warned by WHO exactly?? One of those Mods who says hatefull things about others and personally attacks the members and then warn the members if they strike back!!! What a joke.

BTW, How can I be sure that you have not received any warnings thru PMs from the Mods??

btw..auntyji, I am not sure, if you are using your specs or not.............. I did include my name too in the original post ;D

jaat69

I am a bit confused here.......is this the Nomination thread or the Discussion thread?

Jai

• Team of the Century

DD and Mods -
My request:
Please keep these awards *only* positive. The purpose is to APPLAUD good service.

We have enough trouble on the DG already - Absolutely No to any "poor" or "worst" or such negative votes.
So, do *not* introduce those.

Damn, I wanted to include some of your posts in the worst category !!!!!!!!! :)  Just kidding !!!!!!!!

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

Mock..plz don't leave.
I am nominating you for the most popular member award.

MockTurtle

Mock..plz don't leave.
I am nominating you for the most popular member award.

leave? where to? am here on a mission!  ;D

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

Hmmm...all the best!

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

Like you...I am always on a mission! :)

MockTurtle

Like you...I am always on a mission! :)

what's your mission?

jaat69

Curiously...in the Most loyal fan category nobody has been nominated as a die-hard Rahul Dravid fan!
What does this imply? RD fans are very pragmatic?...I am not very sure.
I think Gauravk is a bigger RD fan than his Agarkar's.
Similarly, flute is an RD fan.

My nominations for this category ( organizers...DD..plz note)

Gauravk ( Rahul Dravid)
Flute202020 ( Rahul Dravid)

jaat69

Lets keep the 'lotus eaters' on tenter-hooks! ;D

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

who?

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

Rams,

;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It was and you messed it up  :D

After all, Fibonacci is f(n) = f(n-1) + f(n-2)

3, 6, 9, __

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

i dont know whether to sportingly applaud 2 or to leave the DG in disgust.
1 is so obviously a better choice
option 3 added. vote for anything except 2

If anyone votes for 1 or 3, I will declare and leave this DG in disgust !!!!

Damm IT !!!! Someone voted for 1 and 3 today.

Thatz it for me. I'm LEAVING THIS DG !!!!!!!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

i dont know whether to sportingly applaud 2 or to leave the DG in disgust.
1 is so obviously a better choice
option 3 added. vote for anything except 2

If anyone votes for 1 or 3, I will declare and leave this DG in disgust !!!!

Damm IT !!!! Someone voted for 1 and 3 today.

Thatz it for me. I'm LEAVING THIS DG !!!!!!!
woohoooo! *insert emoticon available only in chat :yeah:*
-- Mohandas K *hi

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe

Rams,

;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

3, 6, 9, __

AARRGH!! JFK....I can't believe you would have this TL! (I know it is a geeky TL)
"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

gouravk

• Team of the Century
  • Which way will this ball swing ?

Interesting to see I have been nominated in some category ... altho my name hasnt been discussed elsewhere ...
...Tvameva Vidya Dravidam Tvameva ... Tvameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva !!

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

Also there need to be a category for "Unique writing Ability".  I would nominate Feverpitch for that.  I know he makes you feel that he is kind of an outlaw and he spurs up a controversy with his posts.  I know few people had issues, but the bottomline is I like his style of writing though I disagreed with his posts and had objections with very few of them.  Neverthless......
I was looking into the nominations. One name that is conspicuosly missing from the balanced view category is Toney.  Please add him to the list.

If we are calling balanced by virtue of being "pro" or "anti" Ganguly, neither of those names fit the bill...nor do most of the other names really. When it comes to Ganguly...

Kban - Dex made a comment and I am responding in this thread - Please move both comments to the other thread if u feel like, but I am going to respond to what is said of me here....I am moving my comment here

Yes, I know u will continue to say that. People can vote for whoever they choose to vote for. So, you can always exercise ur choice. And, I'll repeat, When it comes to SG or whoever, I am still balanced - I cannot convince u of that, thats a different issue.

I have certain yardsticks on performance (which may be different yardsticks than what others may have) - if players fail to live up to those standards, I will criticize and say they shud be dropped from the team - that is how I am - I have said that for whoever fails, does not matter if it is RD, SG, SRT, VVS or Kaif - they are all the same to me...Perform or please sit out the match or be out of the squad.

BTW - DD, can u also add Ramshorns to the balanced view category - infact in the fans list before we got to know abt other fans, I first got to know that Rams is a die hard VVS fan. But inspite of that, he has never pushed VVS case as a blind fan, he has only debated merits, and has also advised VVS shud not be in ODIs (depending on current form or other options of players) in many threads. That is very balanced.

So, please add Rams to that list of balanced views on cricket.

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe

Rams,

;D ;D ;D
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

3, 6, 9, __

AARRGH!! JFK....I can't believe you would have this TL! (I know it is a geeky TL)

Just in case it was not clear....f(0) = 0 by convention and so f(1)=f(2) for fibonacci

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up