Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Blank for now

- 3 (30%)
- 6 (60%)
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The CricketVoice Summer Awards - LOGIN TO LIVE CHAT  (Read 19145 times)

k-slice

a poll would be ideal considering everybody has a say in it. i think thats what the other thread was about. it was about people nominating who they want. i am sure a few people nominated the 2 and i see that is being perfectly ok. you really arent seriously gonna raise a ruckus about the nominations are you? if people dont think any nominee deserves to win they wont vote for them. it is insulting when you say things like the fact that ruchir and CP are nominees means that the whole awards are a joke.

jaat69

My suggestion for formation of such a jury body which fairly represents this DG is as follows:

1. Kban1
2. Dextrous
3. Dhruvdeepak
4. Fineleg
5. Mock Turtle
6. K-slice
7. Justforkix
8. Keep-it-cool

Let these people, as mentioned above form some basic policies and go ahead with the nominations.

jaat69

a poll would be ideal considering everybody has a say in it. i think thats what the other thread was about. it was about people nominating who they want. i am sure a few people nominated the 2 and i see that is being perfectly ok. you really arent seriously gonna raise a ruckus about the nominations are you? if people dont think any nominee deserves to win they wont vote for them. it is insulting when you say things like the fact that ruchir and CP are nominees means that the whole awards are a joke.

You have got it right.
I am just doing my job. ;D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

btw...by suggesting to keep asside tainted members, I have discounted my own chance too....plz note! ;D

Jaat,
I see no need to exclude 'tainted folks'...why do we need to exclude folks?
Is there any justification?

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

the point of this thread was for everyone to put down lists of all candidates they'd consider for nominations (not only the one person they will vote for). It would be great if you guys could do that. Of course, if the people you want to nominate are already in the list there is no need to post them again.
and certainly not to put down different members.

i am sorry but i do not agree with this logic of 'tainted' members not being included. Maybe 'tainted' members should also not be allowed to vote??
Then I will have to remove feverpitch, yourself jaat, Teddy, tombaan and CP and whole award categories will be gone. that is besides the point that. having been banned/suspended for a couple of days does not make CP's posts any less funny. Many people in these two threads have already vouched for him being a candidate for this award, and that is how it will stay.

as for the eventual nominations and awards, i have spoken with kban regarding this and we both think the best way to do it is to have an open-ended number of nominees. I.e. whoever is suggested will be entered as a nominee. But the decision on actual awards given will stay with me. If you guys have any ideas regarding this and want to discuss it, please post on the other thread. We will certainly consider alternative ways of going about this.
But, I intend this particular thread to be only for posting nominees/awards. Please discuss etc on the other one.

so please end this debate about excluding members from the awards. The whole idea for this thing is to get everyone together and to have fun. Excluding a member from winning an award because he said "f*** you" to a member or something childish like that is ridiculous.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:03:36 AM by dhruvdeepak »
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

jaat69

the point of this thread was for everyone to put down lists of all candidates they'd consider for nominations (not only the one person they will vote for). It would be great if you guys could do that. Of course, if the people you want to nominate are already in the list there is no need to post them again.

i am sorry but i do not agree with this logic of 'tainted' members not being included. Maybe 'tainted' members should also not be allowed to vote??
Then I will have to remove feverpitch, yourself jaat, Teddy, tombaan and CP and whole award categories will be gone. that is besides the point that. having been banned/suspended for a couple of days does not make CP's posts any less funny. Many people in these two threads have already vouched for him being a candidate for this award, and that is how it will stay.

as for the eventual nominations and awards, i have spoken with kban regarding this and we both think the best way to do it is to have an open-ended number of nominees. I.e. whoever is suggested will be entered as a nominee. But the decision on actual awards given will stay with me. If you guys have any ideas regarding this and want to discuss it, please post on the other thread. We will certainly consider alternative ways of going about this.
But, I intend this particular thread to be only for posting nominees/awards. Please discuss etc on the other one.

so please end this debate about excluding members from the awards. The whole idea for this thing is to get everyone together and to have fun. Excluding a member from winning an award because he said "f*** you" to a member or something childish like that is ridiculous.

yes, why not?

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

yes, why not?

Because, as I have mentioned before, the whole idea of this exercise is for everyone to participate in an event together. I want everyone in on this, regardless of their views of certain players and coaches, and to vote and enjoy what happens after together regardless of differences in their respective points of view. To stop a person from participating goes against this. What does disallowing a person from voting/ being nominated achieve exactly?
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

DD,
We are getting side tracked here. Even I asked these qns to jaat, but I realize he is going to have his opinion, but seems like majority is in favor of allowing everyone to participate and win awards, vote etc.
So, majority wins and we shud move on.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

My nominations:

Funniest member-: Flute202020 ( his thread on "Pro-SG vs anti-SG: Progressive and non-progressive India divide", being my reference point).

Best thread: Well, actually there are many. I remember discussing various rules of galli-cricket in one thread. Was it in this DG or the Arjun Swaroop-one?

Rivalry: Not sure, whether to call it the best or not...............Gauravk & Blwe_torch( they started threads on each others' name...."Blwe's predictions" & "Gauravk's God-speak").
Also, Kban and Flute202020....going by the sheer volume discharged. It would put both Homer and Ved Vyas to shame! ;D.......in riverine terms, it is like Amazon vs Nile!

btw...by suggesting to keep asside tainted members, I have discounted my own chance too....plz note! ;D

i have added some of your suggestions to the list - if you point out the links to the threads you want to add to 'best thread' ill add 'em
-- Mohandas K *hi

jaat69

DD,
We are getting side tracked here. Even I asked these qns to jaat, but I realize he is going to have his opinion, but seems like majority is in favor of allowing everyone to participate and win awards, vote etc.

Where are you seeing the majority here? Show me..I want to see them too! ;D

jaat69

btw..I appreciate this idea overall...but just voiced my opinions.
I am not going to be a stumbling block anyway.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

DD,

Jaat
You have mentioned this opinion of disallowing 'tainted' members for past 2 days...No one has requested that to be followed - most everyone in DG (who is active) has read the posts, and a few disagreed, and the rest did not object either.

jaat69

DD,

Jaat
You have mentioned this opinion of disallowing 'tainted' members for past 2 days...No one has requested that to be followed - most everyone in DG (who is active) has read the posts, and a few disagreed, and the rest did not object either.

Hmm...you have a point there. It is like me, k-slice, you and DD in one room. And I am a minority.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

that is fine - better voice it than not. i just dont agree, and i havent seen anyone agree with it yet. maybe if a few more people could post what they think that will settle it
-- Mohandas K *hi

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

Hmm...you have a point there. It is like me, k-slice, you and DD in one room. And I am a minority.

Na, DD only has the oz chick in his room.

jaat69

Na, DD only has the oz chick in his room.

I had the same thing in mind...actually with you and DD together, you cannot decide a majority! ;D

jaat69

that is fine - better voice it than not. i just dont agree, and i havent seen anyone agree with it yet. maybe if a few more people could post what they think that will settle it

OK.............let silence reign and decide the majority...

MockTurtle

jaat, why not start a poll for this?  ;D

jaat69

Polls, as u know can be manipulative.
I suggested a 8 -member jury.......you were there too.
I think that is a better idea.......than this 'majority'  thing!
What say!? ;D

But, if u start one, I am there with u on this.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 09:40:36 AM by jaat69 »

MockTurtle

Polls, as u know can be manipulative.
I suggested a 8 -member jury.......you were there too.
I think that is a better idea.......than this 'majority'  thing!
What say!? ;D

But, if u start one, I am there with u on this.

yeah, i propose that we have a separate category for women on all the awards.  ;D

but what the heck! DD has ESPECIALLY asked not to hijack this thread with discussion - what part do we not understand? *calls herself a nitwit*

jaat69

Oh sorry!.....ok, we'll keep the discussions for the other thread.

Cover Point

• Team of the Century

bhai...I thought that the terms that I had used are harmless terms of endearment, provided you have the sense of humor ( and here you are expecting a humor-related award!) :(

Jaat, honestly I have nothing to say to you. I dont want to be speculating your dinner time conversations and terms of endearment and anyway any direct conversation with you goes down the drain so I would rather refrain.

For the rest of the DG. just fyi I dont expect any award here. I think DD and Jiet are funnier and in my book the humour award goes to them (split). I just was reacting to Jaat's post above where he was suggesting people warned or banned should not be in the fray. For the record I was never banned or warned on this or the previous DG (Dexy's old DG).

u sure mate? weren't you banned after that nice altercation you had going with me? i do remember a warning from arjun maybe a 3 day ban too. but then thats all water under the bridge now i guess.  :)

Oh yes i am sure .... that was on sightscreen DG ... not this one  :)

Cover Point

• Team of the Century

I thought about it and would like to withdraw my nomination for any award. DD please do the needful.

Thanks

jaat69

I thought about it and would like to withdraw my nomination for any award. DD please do the needful.

Thanks

CP...this is a sentimental master-stroke! ;D
I mean, plz consider it once again!
Why bother abt what one jaat69 thinks anyway?
Or I may have to suggest a new category.."Drama Emperor" to ensure an award for you! ;D

ruchir

• Team of the Century
  • WC03 Final - Ganguly is in pain after a fall

I saw this thread today and was suprised to see myself called "tainted".

Can someone please explain exactly what "tainted" means here?

jaat69

"tainted" here means somebody who has been warned officially or unofficially, at the very least.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

"tainted" here means somebody who has been warned officially or unofficially, at the very least.

Above is jaat definition of how he originally meant it.
There are no "tainted" members here - "unofficial" warning, "advice" couched in warning, "warning" couched in reminders - Cmon! Folks grow up - no one in this DG are "tainted" or anything.

KBAN - pls. confirm that no one is "tainted" and end this matter by a post from Pitamah :)

suraj

• Team of the Century
  • How about a tattoo with my name??

Thanks

Or I may have to suggest a new category.."Drama Emperor" to ensure an award for you! ;D

Prolly the first time you got an applaud from me but I totally agree with this.

CP- be the same old CP man; don't let these things bother you or affect a decision

suraj

• Team of the Century

Above is jaat definition of how he originally meant it.
There are no "tainted" members here - "unofficial" warning, "advice" couched in warning, "warning" couched in reminders - Cmon! Folks grow up - no one in this DG are "tainted" or anything.

KBAN - pls. confirm that no one is "tainted" and end this matter by a post from Pitamah :)

Oh no Fineleg wht are u doing to me- I just finished reading 300 pages of Davinci code

don't make me read 300 more of Pitamah's scripture ;D ;D

ruchir

• Team of the Century
  • WC03 Final - Ganguly is in pain after a fall

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Am I and CP the only ones who have been warned? And warned by WHO exactly?? One of those Mods who says hatefull things about others and personally attacks the members and then warn the members if they strike back!!! What a joke.

BTW, How can I be sure that you have not received any warnings thru PMs from the Mods??

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Bismallah Rahim izzz I izzz score 15017 runs
  • Team of the Century
  • sekho na naino ki bhasha..

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Am I and CP the only ones who have been warned? And warned by WHO exactly?? One of those Mods who says hatefull things about others and personally attacks the members and then warn the members if they strike back!!! What a joke.

BTW, How can I be sure that you have not received any warnings thru PMs from the Mods??

i am very sure that he hasn't, every one loves a 69 even homos do
Why did the chicken cross the road?

According to Le Chatelier:

The chicken crossed the road because there were too many moles of chicken
on the reactants side of the road equilibrium.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

UCV - best thread? ;D ;D ;D

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

UCV - best thread? ;D ;D ;D

why not  ;) It should win the award hands down purely for its intellectual stimulation  :D :D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

Folks,
One thing - when the "actual voting" time comes - please leave the voting on atleast for like 9 or 10 days. Say a weekend + following week + next weekend.
Becos some ppl visit this DG on and off, some have to travel etc etc. So, in order to give proper time for folks to vote, allocate enough time for the poll booths to be open since afterall this is Cyberworld.

Cool as it may be to do short span or realtime voting, it is not practical.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 06:31:16 PM by fineleg »

Cover Point

• Team of the Century

Thanks

Prolly the first time you got an applaud from me but I totally agree with this.

CP- be the same old CP man; don't let these things bother you or affect a decision

I actually thought about it a lot. I really dont want to be associated with this thread anymore. This is just the way I am. Earlier in the DG days, this place was one of the many on my daily browsing stops. I used to come with an attitude of "what the heck" and I can sledge with the best of them. I have actually been "fooled" by the recent bon homie of this DG. Have started considering a lot of people here as friends. To me to be referred to as tainted or anything is offensive. The fact that this was actually discussed in seriousness on this thread was infact even more offensive. And a complete silence by a majority of the DGians in this matter (or lack of people save a couple  openly aking Jaat to shut up) was the last straw.

I am not threatening to leave the DG or any such thing. I am not sure of my ability to do that. I spend way too much time here to give these " empty threats". But this was something that started as fun and it is no longer fun for me. So I want to stay away from this.

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe

CP Chief,

Let me make my stand clear on this. I have not repsonded to Jaat because I did (I forget the word I want to use here) not think it was worthy of one. Not to mention the fact that DD himself had asked not clutter the thread with irrelavant horse*.

I am sure there others who see it the same way.
"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

Scott Caan as Turk Malloy

suraj

• Team of the Century

CP Chief,

Let me make my stand clear on this. I have not repsonded to Jaat because I did (I forget the word I want to use here) not think it was worthy of one. Not to mention the fact that DD himself had asked not clutter the thread with irrelavant horse*.

I am sure there others who see it the same way.

ditto.

CP if you think silence meant agreement you are wrong. I am surprised you think someone even took it seriously.

Chal Chal ab nakhre mat kar- be the same old bindaas CP and stop this "non-association" talk ( for once I agree with jaat ;D ;D)- ppl will start getting an impression you are using SG as role model with "I have nothing to say or do"  ;)

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

nobody has considered jaat's suggestion to be worthy of a reply - his 'theory' just does not hold any water. i dont know why you need people to openly come out in support of you,  but trust me, nobody (else) thinks you are 'tainted'. hell nobody on this DG is 'tainted' it is a ridiculous idea in the first place which has been deservedly rejected. more than one person has asked to add you (CP) to the 'funniest' list. i am in total agreement with this. i should hope that stands for something. if you are looking for some 'support' there it is.

if you are going to go sulk in the corner so be it, but if someone puts your name up for a nomination, as it stands your name will be put up on the list. I am not going to sit around for people's 'approval' of being a nominee. my pov is stop being a 5 year old and get involved with this. we have to try and take other people's posts in the right manner, after thousands of posts i would hope people have learnt that much at least.
-- Mohandas K *hi

suraj

• Team of the Century

nobody has considered jaat's suggestion to be worthy of a reply - his 'theory' just does not hold any water. i dont know why you need people to openly come out in support of you,  but trust me, nobody (else) thinks you are 'tainted'. hell nobody on this DG is 'tainted' it is a ridiculous idea in the first place which has been deservedly rejected. more than one person has asked to add you (CP) to the 'funniest' list. i am in total agreement with this. i should hope that stands for something. if you are looking for some 'support' there it is.

if you are going to go sulk in the corner so be it, but if someone puts your name up for a nomination, as it stands your name will be put up on the list. I am not going to sit around for people's 'approval' of being a nominee. my pov is stop being a 5 year old and get involved with this. we have to try and take other people's posts in the right manner, after thousands of posts i would hope people have learnt that much at least.

APPLAUSE!!!!

CP if you sulk I'll tie you to a chair in a room with Dexy singining SG's praises in one ear  and Jaat hurling Punjabi abuses in the other.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

CP - I told Jaat his suggestion is not supported by most.
DD - I agree with what u said above.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up