Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Poll

Blank for now

- 3 (30%)
- 6 (60%)
- 1 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: The CricketVoice Summer Awards - LOGIN TO LIVE CHAT  (Read 19614 times)

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
The CricketVoice Summer Awards - LOGIN TO LIVE CHAT
« on: July 19, 2006, 07:47:34 AM »

THE CRICKETVOICE SUMMER AWARDS      sponsored by k-slice

Note: This thread is a serious attempt to bring everyone together on this DG. Please do not use it to insult other members and please do not digress from the topic.

It has been four months since CricketVoice was launched into the cricketing DG-osphere and I feel that it is time to get everyone together to vote for members, for various awards that I will unveil below. This thread is a solemn attempt to get everyone participating, and to find out the public opinion on the Who's-who and What's-where of this little community of ours. I expect (rather I hope) that everyone will put a small amount of their time into this, and if they do, this will be a successful endeavor, and maybe a tradition that we can continue with in the future. I cannot over-emphasize that I am dead serious about this particular thread, and I request everyone to treat it accordingly. Please, do not let this become one of the 'SG vs GC' threads.

Initially, this thread will be a running prelude to the actual awards. I will start off with some of my suggestions and I would like everybody to contribute to:
The actual awards
The nominees
and obviously the voting (later on)

The Awards (so far):

1) The Cricket Guru - Who is the most knowledgeable poster on cricket. Members should vote according to the following criteria:
Consistency of the nominee's posts
Knowledge that the nominee's posts impart on all aspects of cricket
(feel free to add)

2) The CricketVoice MVP - vote according to:
Quality of posts
Quantity of posts
Public opinion of nominee
Contribution of nominee to all aspects of the DG
(feel free to add)

3) CricketVoice's Funniest Member

4) CricketVoice's Best Thread/Discussion Topic - vote according to:
Quality and productivity of discussions
and/or
Humor

5) CricketVoice's Greatest Rivalry

6) CricketVoice's Favorite Phrase
---
Tentative awards (please state if you agree with these):

CricketVoice's Best-Liked Member/ Mr or Ms Congeniality - vote according to:
Nominee most talked about on the DG
Nominee you know the most
Nominee who's posts you like to read the most

CricketVoice's Best Rookie/ New Member (< 100 posts)

CricketVoice's Legend
- vote according to:
Nominee who has left an indelible stamp on the DG
---

PLEASE suggest your ideas for Awards.

The Nominees (tentative):

1) The Cricket Guru -
Prfsr
Sahir
Kban
Keep-it-cool
Kingofprussia
Achutank
CLR James
Ramshorns

2) MVP -
Dextrous
Kban
Fineleg
Blwe_Torch

3) CricketVoice's Funniest Member -
Coverpoint
justforkix
jiet/pieterSAN
Ruchir
Dhruvdeepak (added by kban since DD is too modest as threadowner to include himself)

4) CricketVoice's Best Threads/ Discussion Topics -
-Why did the chicken cross the road? http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?topic=3963.0
-SMG vs SRT, also Gundappa Viswanath http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?topic=2527.0
-punch lines for people on this DG http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?topic=3785.100
-Anshuman Gaekwad - I DID NOT EVEN SEE THE BALL! http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?topic=2550.0
-AJIT AGARKAR NOT YET FULLY CONVINCED, BUT GETTING THERE!! http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?topic=2443.0
-The Roadies Part 1 http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?topic=3798.0
-Cricket Video Links http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?topic=162.0

5) CricketVoice's Best Rookie -
Gcspimpharsha
Vincent
Poochandi
Yorker
Rajesh
123of

6) CricketVoice's Legend -
Teddy
Gouravk

7) CricketVoice's Most Liked Member -
Achutank
Sgusa
Jiet/pieterSAN
MockTurtle
Justforkix

8 ) CricketVoice's Greatest Rivalry -
Dextrous - Coverpoint
Jaat - Coverpoint
Fineleg - Feverpitch
Tombaan - Feverpitch
K-slice - MockTurtle

9) CricketVoice's Favorite Phrase -
-Rasgullah
-Dinner table conversation
-A little paunch is a good thing
-I have 15,000 runs
-We will only look forward, not back
-Please avoid hurting others' sentiments
-SWITCH BUMP NP
-Mr. Zero
-Mentally and physically unfit
-Yes, it was suggested
-TL
-Let me start a thread
-I am leaving the DG
-Grumpy
-High and Dry
-A thick deep spit

Please suggest your nominees for the above Awards, as well as those for any new awards you come up with.

I will update this post as time goes on.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 02:36:12 PM by dhruvdeepak »
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

Good thread.

CricketVoice's most balanced views member (> 30 posts - qualifying criteria)
CricketVoice's top gourmet consumer (fight for this folks, dont let 'someone' win easily)
CricketVoice's most never-say-die member (ie. "really" thinking India gonna win when ind chasing 300 with 130-8)

Will throw in more later...above is just some random thoughts...others can comment whether to keep these or not.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 08:05:02 AM by fineleg »

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

DD,
Get the Mods to make it a sticky.

k-slice

dd,
another thing i would like to suggest is instead of just you or any one person deciding the nominees have say a selectionn commitee of 5 people. that would remove personal bias as well to a large degree. make sure we get both pro and anti ex captain factions equally represented along with one mod. maybe kban?

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

since you are to poor dd to buy your own sticky. do you need the requisite 400 runs? i will be more than happy to send them to you ;D

DD will wage the WAR! Jaa Firaangi Jaa! But thats for another thread and another time when the army is strong enuf to crush tunter! Mrrrrruuuuuuaaahhh.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

My biggest hope for this thread is it should not have anything to do with ex captains or current coaches. i think your idea for a selection committee is great. i will post more (not kiran more) on this tomorrow after enough people have responded

PS can you transfer some funds (around 200) so i can stickify this thread
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!

No need for selection committee IMO.
Let ppl nominate here, and DD-Kban (2 are enuf) can look at nominations and decide the final nominees.

sgusa

CricketVoice's top gourmet consumer (fight for this folks, dont let 'someone' win easily)

I shamelessly nominate myself for this award  ;D

(Hey if i dont believe i deserve it, who will ?  :D ;) )

sgusa

Look at my paneer pulav posting and talk madam  ;D

And does your local bar have a drink you came up with ?  :D

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

dd
for some reason dhruvdeepak doesnt show up so i cant send you the money. is your real user id different?
no tis the only id i have
-- Mohandas K *hi

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

some genius voted for '1' instead of '2'. i can only assume said person prefers getting pissed on than getting the sh*t beaten out of them
-- Mohandas K *hi

k-slice

umm that idjet would be me. i accidently clicked on it. my bad.
still cant send it for some reason. unless the mods discontinued the function thatnks to leggy legs.

k-slice

ok dd 400 dineros sent. considering i probably stole it from you you can use it for this cause. as long as the thread, when made a sticky says in a corner that it is sponsored by the notorius daaku of the dg: ME ;D
if it doesnt i want my money back, as the official GM for publicity and marketing on this DG i want and i WILL get ;D

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

money transfer received  ;D
sponsor mentioned in title
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 09:07:49 AM by dhruvdeepak »
-- Mohandas K *hi

k-slice

i still dont see a sponsored by on the sticky!! put it up i say!! i will not be gipped by you, a humble peasant who i have robbed , stolen and pilfered from for ages.

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century

I shamelessly nominate myself for this award  ;D

(Hey if i dont believe i deserve it, who will ?  :D ;) )

yeah - after you revealed your "full course" meal of rasam and papad, who will indeed!  ;D

And thachhi mum-mum and vadu maanga to go with....And not to forget the thattais  ;)

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

ok back to business. i really mean for these Awards to be serious, so I'm going to say Nay to all the suggestions so far except:
CricketVoice's Member With Most Balanced Views

though i will say that this again reverts to the ole sg vs gc stuff which we can do without
-- Mohandas K *hi

k-slice

hahahahahah
DD take that off. the branding message is not right. it should read the CRICKETVOICE SUMMER AWARDS< proudly sponsored by K- Slice and tunter.
do it damn it . do it NOW or i shall banish you to your cubicle without access to cricketvoice.

k-slice

DD,
a little humor wont really kill you. could we have an award for the best cricketing thread ever?

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century

ok back to business. i really mean for these Awards to be serious, so I'm going to say Nay to all the suggestions so far except:
CricketVoice's Member With Most Balanced Views

though i will say that this again reverts to the ole sg vs gc stuff which we can do without

And why is it called the "k-slice Cricket voice Summer Awards".

Is he sponsoring the prize money ??

K-slice the modern day robin hood...stealing from the rich and giving to the richer  ;D

k-slice

no because i paid for that little thumb tack that allows the thread to get sticky mate ;D

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

your shenanigans have forced me to reconsider the sponsoring deal. now relegated to 6 pt font on the 1st post. 400 runs is pocket change - you stole thousands.
and Best Thread is already up there as one of the categories for awards
-- Mohandas K *hi

k-slice

ok in all seriousness lets actually have a reward of some sort for the winners. i dont mean cash(or runs) but maybe something else. i cant really think of anything right now but it owuld be nice to have something for the winners. atleast the winners of MVP etc.

sgusa

where is the post on this paneer pulav? and don't tell me you buy the frozen paneer from the indian store for it!

since when did local pubs qualify for "gourmet"? that's where the riff-raffs hang out!

Depends on the pub :) And yes, frozen paneer. I have made paneer from the scratch once, but that was in India.  :)

k-slice

ok ok DD lets negotiate. you cant get pissed so easily!!(the actual tone of a person sponsoring an event when he/she realises that the organizer cant be bullied!!). how about we go back to the original idea. i think that will do just fine!!!
 ;D

k-slice

ok sgusa
i think i have you taken on this one.
i have eaten in 27 different nations,
have not one, not 2 but 3 bars in three different states of the US that have drinks i came up with AND named after me.
i cook damn good food from 3 different cuisines and the best part, i clean up after i cook!!
whats up now?!?!?

sgusa

ok sgusa
have not one, not 2 but 3 bars in three different states of the US that have drinks i came up with AND named after me.
i cook damn good food from 3 different cuisines and the best part, i clean up after i cook!!
whats up now?!?!?

Cant beat you in the 27 nations. Give me time for #2 :). Cooking - i can call your bet.

So i guess at present you would take the pot!

sgusa

BTW, Yikes! 27 countries ?? Wow

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

ok sgusa
whats up now?!?!?
now it will be easy to find someone to marry you  ;D. i will post these qualifications of yours on bharatmatrimony.com
-- Mohandas K *hi

sgusa

ok sgusa
whats up now?!?!?
now it will be easy to find someone to marry you  ;D. i will post these qualifications of yours on bharatmatrimony.com

hahahaha. Better make sure he isnt already married, though. You dont want flying belans coming at your head!

k-slice

hahahahahha
applause coming.
actually that department to has been taken care of. yeah, given my love for food it might not come as a surprise that i am getting married to a Chef from maine would it?

sgusa

where is the post on this paneer pulav? and don't tell me you buy the frozen paneer from the indian store for it!

since when did local pubs qualify for "gourmet"? that's where the riff-raffs hang out!

Depends on the pub :) And yes, frozen paneer. I have made paneer from the scratch once, but that was in India.  :)

case closed and verdict : this shall be last sentence featuring sgusa and gourmet together.  ;D

here's a recipe for you for fresh paneer (time-tested etc.). use 250ml full-cream milk, 250ml skim milk, heat them together, when just about to boil, add 1 cup curd. it will separate - strain it through a cloth (if you can get hold of a paneer maker which is nothing but a perforated stainless-steel cylindrical contraption with a lid on top, it is even better!) and you get soft and robust paneer that may, just may elevate your paneer pulav to gourmet levels :-)

lol - i have hijacked this thread too - not my fault but it is that damn effect!

Thanks. I used Indira's recipe when i did it in India.

http://www.nandyala.org/mahanandi/archives/2005/06/06/delightful-paneer/

Got instructions with pictures! BTW, this is an awesome food blog. Tons of yummy recipies. And the blog roll is a veritable treasure of food blogs too!

sgusa

hahahahahha
applause coming.
actually that department to has been taken care of. yeah, given my love for food it might not come as a surprise that i am getting married to a Chef from maine would it?

Congrats. As long as there arent any ego clashes in the kitchen!!  ;D :D

k-slice

dude it isnt that hard when you go back packing straight after highschool. travelled all over europe, staying in student hostels or with friends i met at the united world college in india. then flew to asia, back packed some more, then down to australia. after graduating college, when most normal people look for jobs, i spen a summer bartending at a yuppie joint , saved money and went to south america to visit friends.
and as far as cooking goes i really wish that all of us could meet at some point in time. it would be nice to have mock cook some sambar, that we can add the the pasta i make from scratch from whole weat atta and follow it up with some sticky rice with mango.
ok puke that. but it really would be mad fun to drink some wine and cook with people from this Dg. hold on. is teddy still officially a member?

sgusa

That would be quite awesome. Someday, somewhere ... :D

sgusa

Well, as long as it is clear who does the dishes! :)

BTW, i think this thread has been stolen from DD already. Let us cease and desist before we incur his wrath!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

suggest awards and nominees now, in all seriosity. or perish
-- Mohandas K *hi

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe

Right...how about.....okay.....well then....how about Mock_Turtle for funny and DD for MVP?
"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

Scott Caan as Turk Malloy

k-slice

pietersan
hold on i am gathering my molecules to top it off.

ok dd here are my nominees for the awards you have listed

the cricket guru
achutank for his vast knowledge of  random cricketing stuff

mvp
fineleg(the bugger who throws fits, reminds me of kobe bryant)

funniest member:
jiet

best thread:
tooting my own horn here, the punch lines

MockTurtle

sorry, DD. i will think of a few and post them later in the evening. :-)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up