Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Materazzi insulted ZIDANE's mother and sister  (Read 5273 times)

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
Materazzi insulted ZIDANE's mother and sister
« on: July 13, 2006, 08:04:52 AM »

French soccer star Zinedine Zidane on Wednesday apologised for head-butting an Italian opponent during the World Cup final, saying he was provoked by insults about his mother and sister.

``I apologise, to all the children'' who watched the match on Sunday, Zidane said on French TV in his first, highly-awaited comments about the act of violence that marked the end of his career.

Zidane did not specify exactly what Italian defender Marco Materazzi said that enraged him, but that it was insulting to his sister and mother.

``I would rather have taken a punch in the jaw than have heard that,'' Zidane said, stressing that Materazzi's language was ``very harsh.''

Zidane and Materazzi exchanged words after Italy broke up a French attack in extra-time. Seconds later, Zidane lowered his head and rammed Materazzi in the chest, knocking him to the ground.

The French captain said he felt no regret for his act, ``because that would mean [Materazzi] was right to say all that.''

Meanwhile, excerpts from an interview that Materazzi gave to Italian sports daily Gazzetta dello Sport were posted on its website.

``I didn't say anything to him about racism, religion or politics,'' Materazzi told the Gazzetta. ``I didn't talk about his mother either ... I didn't know his [mother] was in the hospital, I give her my best wishes ... He's always been my hero, I admire him a lot.'' Materazzi has acknowledged he insulted Zidane, without giving specifics. — AP

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
Re: Materazzi insulted ZIDANE's mother and sister
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 08:06:53 AM »

Zidane Sorry But NO regrets:

But I cannot regret what I did because that would mean that [Materazzi] was right to say what he said

vincent

• Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 08:33:57 AM »

And Zidane's Mom is furious:

---------------------------------

'Bring me Materazzi's balls,' says Zizou's mom

London, July 13: Italian defender Marco Materazzi is in deeper trouble than he could have ever imagined.

French football captain Zinedine Zidane's furious mother, Malika, wants his balls chopped and given to her on a platter, reports The Mirror.

Reacting to reports that Materazzi had branded her a "terrorist whore", a very ill Malika said: "I have nothing but contempt for Materazzi and, if what he said is true, then I want his balls on a platter."

Algerian Malika claimed Zidane, 34, was simply protecting her honour when he headbutted Materazzi in Sunday's final.

She told her friends: "I am utterly disgusted by what I have heard. I praise my son for defending his family's honour. No one should be subjected to such foul insults on or off the football pitch and I don't care if it was a World Cup Final."

She said the Zidane family was quite upset that Zizou's football career had to end with a red card, but added "Some things are bigger than football."

Last night, Materazzi admitted that he had insulted his French opponent, but denied calling him a terrorist or abusing his family and his Muslim religion.

He also accused Zidane of being arrogant and treating him like dirt before he was butted in the chest. The Inter Milan star said: "I categorically did not call Zidane a terrorist and certainly didn't mention his mother. For me a mother is sacred."

Zidane was last night believed to be at his mansion on the French Riviera with his Spanish dancer wife Veronique and their sons Enzo, 12, Luca, eight, Theo, four, and six-month-old Elyaz.

Fifa confirmed a probe would take place into the shocking scenes, which marred Italy's triumph over France.

ANI

Printed from www.mangalorean.com

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 09:53:33 AM »

I dont know what will come out of the probe ... so far, it seems to be one man's word against the other's
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 12:26:19 PM »

Um, maybe Mozza can tell us what nice things he said about Zidane then.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 12:42:24 PM »

The following is his version, FYI

======================================================================

Last night, Materazzi admitted that he had insulted his French opponent, but denied calling him a terrorist or abusing his family and his Muslim religion.

He also accused Zidane of being arrogant and treating him like dirt before he was butted in the chest. The Inter Milan star said: "I categorically did not call Zidane a terrorist and certainly didn't mention his mother. For me a mother is sacred."
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 03:19:44 PM »

The following is his version, FYI

======================================================================

Last night, Materazzi admitted that he had insulted his French opponent,

The Inter Milan star said: "I categorically did not call Zidane a terrorist and certainly didn't mention his mother. For me a mother is sacred."

"Especially Zidane's mom who is a Sacred Cow "
there is more than meets the i

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 03:49:05 PM »

I dont know what will come out of the probe ... so far, it seems to be one man's word against the other's

Well, not really so. Many professional lip-readers have gotten involved....so it will their words too, while deciding what exactly happenned..
No escape for Metarazzi...I am afraid! :)
He will be censured for sure.

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 02:00:37 AM »

Materazzi comes clean, finally

Milan: Italy defender Marco Materazzi has finally revealed the exact words he used to provoke Zinedine Zidane into headbutting him in last year’s World Cup final.

“I prefer the w***e that is your sister,” he said in an interview with a magazine that comes out on Monday, Italian media reported on Saturday.

Materazzi had previously said he had mentioned the France midfielder’s sister in the verbal jousting between the two in the Berlin final, but had never given the exact words.

Zidane, who retired after the final, was sent off for the headbutt and Italy subsequently won on penalties.

REUTERS

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1070819/asp/sports/story_8209654.asp
Pages: [1]   Go Up