Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: VIVA ITALIA (after Zizou red card)  (Read 6900 times)

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
VIVA ITALIA (after Zizou red card)
« on: July 09, 2006, 08:43:14 PM »

That says it all. Our hearts go out to Zidane - a champion out thro red card.

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Bismallah Rahim izzz I izzz score 15017 runs
  • Team of the Century
  • sekho na naino ki bhasha..
Re: VIVA ITALIA (after Zizou red card)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 08:51:41 PM »

if only the zidane header had gone in. the end of an era, the end of french football, no  zidane, no thuram
i wonder what the beep got into henry and ribery that they had to go out
Why did the chicken cross the road?

According to Le Chatelier:

The chicken crossed the road because there were too many moles of chicken
on the reactants side of the road equilibrium.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 08:55:57 PM »

disgraceful zidane
he isnt even allowed to get his medal
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

squarecut

• World XI Star
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 08:59:52 PM »

disgraceful zidane
Hmm such a poor exit for classy player.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 09:03:02 PM »

disgraceful zidane
Hmm such a poor exit for classy player.

Thats what is heart breaking...
It was pathetic what he did - no doubt.

But he was  a classy player in the world of soccer - given many magic moments, and now this poor exit.

squarecut

• World XI Star
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 09:03:29 PM »

Italy let France do everything except winning worldcup.

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Team of the Century
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 09:05:01 PM »

whatever the beep it is, to me the italians will always give images of the mafia
france played well until the stupid stupid zidane incident, penalty kicks dont decide winners imo and it's quite sad the lack of ovation for the runner's up. cricket is a lot more graceful even in this aspect

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 09:10:30 PM »

boyz this is us (NOT USA, I MEAN INDIA  ;D ;D ;D) in 10 months  [god] [god] [god]
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Team of the Century
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 09:12:21 PM »

boyz this is us (NOT USA, I MEAN INDIA  ;D ;D ;D) in 10 months  [god] [god] [god]

we aint even reaching the semis  ;D mark my words

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 09:38:07 PM »

we aint even reaching the semis  ;D mark my words

for desi yankee, we = usa  ;D ;D ;D. so i concur with this  ;D ;D ;D
-- Mohandas K *hi

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Team of the Century
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 10:29:55 PM »

btw i read on certain message boards that Mazzerati "tweaked" Ziddane's nipple, whatever italy got a beeped up penalty against australia, played poor p**sy like defense game and still won

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Team of the Century
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 10:37:20 PM »

really wonder what Materazzi said to Zidane after he pinched him in he nipple and Zidane walked away.
Those low down dirty Italians.... never looked like they were gonna score a goal since the second half, diving, cheating, provoking. Won the worldcup because Trezeguet hit the crossbar.
I'm sure the Italians are going to celebrate, as would I were I Italian, but on the other hand, there's no glory, no pride whatsoever in your WC victory, and I'm sure the rest of the world thinks alike.
That last-minute dive that got the Azzuri that penalty against Australia, and now this.
It's a shame, it's a really really big shame.
What an anti-climax to this anti-climax tournament. What a disgrace, and how different it would have been if Zidane headed that ball home in extra time, how a great footballplayer like him would have decided this match and still give this whole tournament a silver line. But instead, well we saw what happened. Football, my condoleances.

yorker

• 12th Man
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 11:01:35 PM »

Yeah... Zidane did head. But unfortunately some defenders chest. Not the ball. What a shame...

inoc

• Team of the Century
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 11:04:32 PM »

dhruvdeepak

"he isnt even allowed to get his medal"

he does get his medal but since he was ordered out of the playing field he is not allowed to come back in to accept it today. the same reason why a sent out player is not allowed to remain in the dug out but has to leave the playing area. he will be given his runners up medal eventually.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2006, 11:34:56 PM »

desi yankee, all you care about is zidane? that guy is passe, over, fini. we saw what he did, i dont care how badly his nipples were tortured. if he put his head into (pun intended) winning the game rather than materazzi then we might have some sympathy. the guy is a loser in my books. whatever someone says to you, you dont headbutt them and essentially throw in the towel before the game is over. it is the same as sachin tendulkar giving some bowler a whack on the head with his bat for sledging, i will not respect him either.
-- Mohandas K *hi

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Team of the Century
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2006, 11:52:01 PM »

desi yankee, all you care about is zidane? that guy is passe, over, fini. we saw what he did, i dont care how badly his nipples were tortured. if he put his head into (pun intended) winning the game rather than materazzi then we might have some sympathy. the guy is a loser in my books. whatever someone says to you, you dont headbutt them and essentially throw in the towel before the game is over. it is the same as sachin tendulkar giving some bowler a whack on the head with his bat for sledging, i will not respect him either.

how is he a loser dude? just one mistake doesn't take away all that he has achieved

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2006, 11:54:46 PM »

the guy is a loser in my books. .........

it is the same as sachin tendulkar giving some bowler a whack on the head with his bat for sledging, i will not respect him either.

We will not call SRT a loser becos he whacked a bowler - yes, we will be shocked, yes, we will be ashamed, yes we will feel that sending SRT off in that match (plus subsequent ban(s)) was the right deczn etc.

But - if he lost his head in the heat of the moment, then while his reputation takes a ding (for sure it will take a ding), he will not be termed a loser.

I'm not saying we need to cry abt Zidane - he is an adult, a professional and he needs to face the consequences of his actions - but this act of TOTAL STUPIDITY - while it has put a black-mark on him - will not totally make him a loser. He was and is one of the best footballers of world soccer.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 11:59:00 PM by fineleg »

Poochandi

• One Day Star
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 12:53:37 AM »

Italy wins.
I worrying Sushma Swaraj. She shaving head, white saari becoming widowing........
BJP men no sleeping.....

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 12:56:28 AM »

In any case, Zidane should not have been sent-off, as none of the referees saw it live. And FIFA rules do not allow decisions to be made based on TV replays (the ground staff messed up big time by showing replays on the stadium monitors) -- even the italian coach has acknowledged that.

bouncer

• Team of the Century
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 12:59:19 AM »

Again a pathetic  defensive performance by Italy all through the 2nd half and ET.  They are killing the fun in football.

I doubt whether the 4th referee saw Zidane's action live. If the decision to throw him out was given after seeing the replay on the stadium TV, that is not within FIFA rules.....

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 01:07:28 AM »

Of course...the procedures were not followed to for him to give a red card. This guy is whacko (Elizondo) I cannot believe they picked him for the final. Not that the procedure makes sense in any way. Great job by FIFA.
"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

Scott Caan as Turk Malloy

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2006, 01:13:40 AM »

In any case, penalty kicks deciding final makes no sense. The crappier team, by far, won today. THe rules need a revamp. For example, in overtime, perhaps allow 3 more subs, so instead of watching boring tired soccer, we could watch some entertaining stuff...better than random luck penalty kicks crap.

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 01:32:36 AM »

Although there was an almost unanimous NO to my suggestion of "panel of judges" I still feel that it is worth trying if there are no goals after 120 minutes. Get a panel of 3-5 judges, all neutral and you get a fair result. You also get a more aggressive football rather than the likes of which Italy has displayed for most of the World Cup. Except for the two extra-time periods  against Germany they looked boring in the knock-pout stages and waited for the counter. In many ways it is similar to Greece's triumph in Euro 2004 where there was some fantastic soccer but the winners turned out to be an unit consisting of 6 or 7 tough tackling players, Zagorakis and a couple of other making up the numbers.

FIFA message to football fans - it's not how you play the game that matters, it's who you bribe in Serie A.
"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Team of the Century
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2006, 01:40:34 AM »

In any case, penalty kicks deciding final makes no sense. The crappier team, by far, won today. THe rules need a revamp. For example, in overtime, perhaps allow 3 more subs, so instead of watching boring tired soccer, we could watch some entertaining stuff...better than random luck penalty kicks crap.

but dont u think the subs cost france the game today? a henry would have definitely got the ball in during penalty and ribery has been a star for france, subbing both out and then zidane sent out to me was the end of france

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2006, 01:55:55 AM »

but dont u think the subs cost france the game today? a henry would have definitely got the ball in during penalty and ribery has been a star for france, subbing both out and then zidane sent out to me was the end of france

Wiltord and Trezeguet scored in their famous Euro 2000 final victory. That was a game that France looked like they were going to lose until Wiltord and Trezeguet turned it around.

toney

• Team of the Century
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2006, 02:36:37 AM »

how is he a loser dude? just one mistake doesn't take away all that he has achieved

One mistake? Whatever, dude. He has been red carded (Juventus) for the very same offense. He had a red card to his name for stomping onto a Saudi player. He is a great great player, agreed. But whether the refs saw it live or not, he deserved to sit out. I am glad justice wasnt denied on atechnicality. He let his country and his team down. And he is supposed to be the captain of the side.

France definitely played the better football but Italians were by no means the losers that some of you make them out to be. And IMO, the penalty that France got was a poor decision. In fact, the French had a much better request for penalty turned down early in the 2nd half.
When intelligence matures and lodges securely in the mind it becomes wisdom. When wisdom is integrated with life and becomes action it becomes Bhakti. Knowledge when it becomes fully mature is Bhakti. To believe that Jnana and Bhakti, knowledge & devotion, are different from each other is ignorance.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2006, 02:57:26 AM »

One mistake? Whatever, dude. He has been red carded (Juventus) for the very same offense. He had a red card to his name for stomping onto a Saudi player. He is a great great player, agreed. But whether the refs saw it live or not, he deserved to sit out. I am glad justice wasnt denied on atechnicality. He let his country and his team down. And he is supposed to be the captain of the side.

France definitely played the better football but Italians were by no means the losers that some of you make them out to be. And IMO, the penalty that France got was a poor decision. In fact, the French had a much better request for penalty turned down early in the 2nd half.
Agree Toney.
Overall, the first half was exciting. France penalty was a mistake.
The first 15 min of second half was incredibly exciting..we saw the French attack in its full flow.
Then it got boring till end of regulation..in the meantime, French were denied a legit penalty (it all balances out in the end ..ha ha).
The ET was getting exciting but did not reach the level of excitement due to tiredness. The Zidane header and Buffon stop was out of the world.
Then the Zidane drama happened and even though Italy had the upper hand in bodies..they bided their time for the PKs.

For a WC game, it was not the most exciting games.. I thought the Germany Italy game was much more exciting.

Anyway, either team could have won today and I would not have felt bad. So there I am..still happy with Italy win, as I picked them to win  ;D ;D
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2006, 04:33:40 AM »

14 Red Cards. That is what Zidane has over his career. He definitely has a short temper and he let his team down yesterday. However great he may have been over his career, it still does not mean that yesterday's act should be condoned. It is entirely hypothetical whether France would have scored in extra time had he not been sent out. However, once he was sent off, whatever little penetration France had left disappeared.'

Overall, I think, between the two teams, Italy deserved to win. Both France and Italy started off slowly, but dont forget they beat the Germans who probably looked the most impressive in the tournament.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2006, 05:29:15 AM »

the guy is a loser in my books. .........

it is the same as sachin tendulkar giving some bowler a whack on the head with his bat for sledging, i will not respect him either.

We will not call SRT a loser becos he whacked a bowler - yes, we will be shocked, yes, we will be ashamed, yes we will feel that sending SRT off in that match (plus subsequent ban(s)) was the right deczn etc.

But - if he lost his head in the heat of the moment, then while his reputation takes a ding (for sure it will take a ding), he will not be termed a loser.

I'm not saying we need to cry abt Zidane - he is an adult, a professional and he needs to face the consequences of his actions - but this act of TOTAL STUPIDITY - while it has put a black-mark on him - will not totally make him a loser. He was and is one of the best footballers of world soccer.

i am not talking about zizou's past heroics or any of that. yeah he is great, yeah he has won a world cup and many accolades. whatever.
the fact is, he acted shamefully and he is a loser for that.
now i am guessing what instigated him was the guy insulting his religion, his family, something like that. what would a champ do? a champ would win the game  and the WC for his team and shut the other bloke up. not head butt him. zizou is a loser.
-- Mohandas K *hi

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2006, 05:46:43 AM »

Would u term SRT a loser (hypothetically) if aforementioned SRT instance happens?

Hurt we would be - no doubt, let down sure...but wud u term him a loser?

If ur gonna qualify ur stmt for SRT saying - "In *that* instance he was a loser" then u need to qualify it for zizou as well...if not, what is ur answer for this?

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2006, 05:54:31 AM »

Fineleg, this was equivalent to Shoaib coming round the wicket to Dhoni and hurling a beamer at his head. How did we react then?
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2006, 05:56:57 AM »

Again a pathetic  defensive performance by Italy all through the 2nd half and ET.  They are killing the fun in football.

I doubt whether the 4th referee saw Zidane's action live. If the decision to throw him out was given after seeing the replay on the stadium TV, that is not within FIFA rules.....

they don't show any controversial action on giant screens. the commentator disticntly said that the crowd does not know why zidane was sent off. he line official saw it and waited for the refree to report it.thats why the delay because there wasa freekick happening some 15 yards away.

also i personally think it was not the nipple tweaking that upset zidane, i'm sure his nipples and other sensitive parts must have been tweaked and pinched bya  lot of dirty defenders. i think materazzi said something very very derogatory to him something very racist. because zid was talking to him and walking away and then suddenly turned and attacked him.
there is more than meets the i

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2006, 06:21:42 AM »

Line official did not see it live...the fourth official reveiwed footage during the interruption and the ref was told. This goes against procedure. Not saying that Zidane did not deserve a red - he truly did.

I understand the reactions against Zidane here - but we need some perspective. You cannot compare cricket and football. There is constant physical contact in football. I have played the game - there are people who love to keep at you with little kicks into the shin and little pokes that are invisible. That plus the constant chatter is constant pressure after 100 odd minutes

The RUMOUR floating around is that the trigger was a racial comment (Zidane is Arab). I imagine a handful of people know what he said at the moment. The truth will likely come out pretty soon.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2006, 06:25:31 AM »

Would u term SRT a loser (hypothetically) if aforementioned SRT instance happens?

Hurt we would be - no doubt, let down sure...but wud u term him a loser?

If ur gonna qualify ur stmt for SRT saying - "In *that* instance he was a loser" then u need to qualify it for zizou as well...if not, what is ur answer for this?
for God's sake dont lets argue semantics. a loser is a loser, it doesnt take away from what 1000 runs or goals has been scored in the past.
-- Mohandas K *hi

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2006, 06:48:00 AM »

Line official did not see it live...the fourth official reveiwed footage during the interruption and the ref was told. This goes against procedure. Not saying that Zidane did not deserve a red - he truly did.

I understand the reactions against Zidane here - but we need some perspective. You cannot compare cricket and football. There is constant physical contact in football. I have played the game - there are people who love to keep at you with little kicks into the shin and little pokes that are invisible. That plus the constant chatter is constant pressure after 100 odd minutes

The RUMOUR floating around is that the trigger was a racial comment (Zidane is Arab). I imagine a handful of people know what he said at the moment. The truth will likely come out pretty soon.

Not sure whether the refree's assistant saw it live or saw the footage and how that affects the decision technically.

But I do believe that NO provocation can justify this reaction ... especially given how important the game was and how delicately it was poised. And that it was Zidane's last match does not even come into the picture.
-It was the World Cup final.
-The score was tied.
-Other stalwarts - Vieira, Henry and Ribery - were off the pitch.

Net net, he let the team down. It is a different issue that Italy was not able to score despite the one man advantage. But they may have.

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2006, 07:27:47 AM »

Not sure whether the refree's assistant saw it live or saw the footage and how that affects the decision technically.

But I do believe that NO provocation can justify this reaction ... especially given how important the game was and how delicately it was poised. And that it was Zidane's last match does not even come into the picture.
-It was the World Cup final.
-The score was tied.
-Other stalwarts - Vieira, Henry and Ribery - were off the pitch.

Net net, he let the team down. It is a different issue that Italy was not able to score despite the one man advantage. But they may have.
nobody is allowed review footage but they did anyway. This was a "necessary mistake" I reckon.

I am not justifying it...I am trying to explain what might have been going throught Zidane's head. This does not mean I condone it - a psychologist does not condone the actions of a serial killer does he? similar but head-butt level....Zidane is a serial head-butter and has 14 scalps. His head-butt fantasy was triggered by the repeated abuse to his shins and ribs and the effeminate voice of Materazzi. He immediately acted upon it El Taureau style.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 07:30:08 AM by jiet »

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2006, 02:21:06 PM »

subbing viera was a big blow...

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2006, 03:55:54 PM »

very funny thread:

There is one group which says Zidane is a loser irrespective of his past achievements because he resorted to a head butt which is shameful act and unacceptable no matter what the provocation.

There is another group says the act is unacceptable but there are mitigants.

Hmmmm, striking contrast from opinions put forward wrt the flexing of an injured appendage the day before a match at Eden.

:D :D

suraj

• Team of the Century
  • How about a tattoo with my name??
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2006, 05:38:29 PM »

Zidane made the mistake, period. And a very stupid, costly mistake.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2006, 07:47:52 PM »

very funny thread:

There is one group which says Zidane is a loser irrespective of his past achievements because he resorted to a head butt which is shameful act and unacceptable no matter what the provocation.

There is another group says the act is unacceptable but there are mitigants.

Hmmmm, striking contrast from opinions put forward wrt the flexing of an injured appendage the day before a match at Eden.

:D :D
well join a group already, or start one of your own. dont be sitting on the fence  ;D

as i said, zidane being a loser doesnt take away his previous world cup etc, but he lost it ystday when his team needed him . on this DG and in the media there have been millions of articles, words spent on zidane the great, on how it should be a fairytale finish for him. but there wasnt, end of story. we saw what happened, and the story of the world cup final should not be about him, it is about italy. my quarrel is that rather than focus on who won the world cup, all the attention is on why france didnt win or zidane didnt win.
-- Mohandas K *hi
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up