Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Random thoughts  (Read 837 times)

toney

• Team of the Century
Random thoughts
« on: July 05, 2006, 02:21:44 AM »

Looks like this WC is a conspriacy against my wishes. My favourites (from 1986 which is the first one I remember) have been Brazil and Germany. I have never been disappointed completely because one of them always made it to the last two. This is the first time in my life that I am experiencing this :( :(

I have no expectations for Portugal because France are definitely in form. I wish Scolari proves me wrong. At least, I can take solace from the fact that a Brazillian coach with a Portuguese speaking team is in the finals. And they are traditionally the closest version of European Brazilians (though France in these later stages are proving me wrong).

If Italy Vs Portugal, I want Portugal to win in normal time in a closely fought game.
If Italy Vs France which is likely, I want Italy to demolish France (and I also want pigs to fly all over Germany :( :( )

Thinking about it, there is so much good luck required to win a WC. I am not taking any credit away from the semi finalists. But imagine how Italy struggled against 10 men US and Aus. Anyone remember how France struggled to score a goal in its first two matches and both Switzerland and Korea gave their fans agonizing moments? And remember how Germany showed its super class against Costa Rica and Ecuador? Looking forward to see who holds the most prized possession in football, the beautiful game.
When intelligence matures and lodges securely in the mind it becomes wisdom. When wisdom is integrated with life and becomes action it becomes Bhakti. Knowledge when it becomes fully mature is Bhakti. To believe that Jnana and Bhakti, knowledge & devotion, are different from each other is ignorance.
Pages: [1]   Go Up