Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: The Roadies Part 1  (Read 23012 times)

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool
Re: The Roadies Part 1
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2006, 04:28:27 AM »

Good stuff CP ... just pushed you over :)
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #41 on: July 04, 2006, 04:57:27 AM »

This DG has a lot of talent for sure, and has become a fantastically funnistic place (thanks Javelin).

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #42 on: July 04, 2006, 05:48:10 AM »

Brilliant guys....you have just put a lot of character into what for all of us are just names and people we have ne'er seen but are so much a part of our daily life....To bring all these people across the world into one room and making an event out of that is simply amazing....

Keep up the good work....We may be pro or anti anyone...but ultimately, we all are or want to be "good human beings"  ;) and have a whale of a time while it lasts

Are u sure abt the "good human being" part?
I mean not sure all in the DG want to be "good human beings"?  :)

PS: U gotta read the full Chappell way to take first step to good human being.

The first slide told me a lot...and i decided to skip it and move on in life....

Incidentally, this is an interesting anecdote that I heard when I was associated with Citibank

Jerry Rao, the current head of Mphasis was the Country head of Citi...and in a meeting where AVPs were making presentations, one of the AVP put up his introductory slide ( those were the days of transperencies and not MS ppt) and Jerry said next.The guy, pulled out the slide and was about to put up the next one when Jerry is supposed to have said...I meant the next guy...I have seen enough of your presentation....
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 06:39:04 AM by ravi1010 »

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2006, 06:47:05 AM »

DD & CP,

great job on the posts. Funny as heck --applause!!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2006, 07:49:40 AM »

The Roadies are returning home after a triumphant Test series in the West Indies. The mood is calm and the boys (and girl) are looking forward to getting home to their families after a long tour. They sit together at the airport gate, waiting to board the flight:

Kban1: Has everyone got their boarding passes? Please ensure that you hand the pass with the correct technique to the lady at the gate. I have seen 75% of boarding-pass-handing techniques of roadies in the past and all of your techniques and I am thoroughly convinced that the roadies in the 80s had a more foolproof method of handing it over. The difference between you guys and those that came before is that they had the ability to be aggressive when it counted. If they had to urgently visit the lavatory they would be able to push past other passengers, give the air hostess the boarding pass and be in the bathroom within 30 seconds. You guys unfortunately do not have that ability to speed things up at will. Notice my technique when I go through. The pass will be lightly held by the tips of my thumb and index finger, right side up. I will give the lady my pass and by the time I have taken two steps forward, she will be ready to give me my stub as I follow through. This technique is clean, unlike some of you. I have seen the way CP haphazardly hands over his boarding pass. It is inevitable that the gap between thumb and index finger will be exploited...
(20 minutes later)
Hence I am entirely convinced that air host/hostesses of the past were much more difficult to face than these amiable ones we see today. Look at this one's legs...

CP (wakes up):  That lady is one juicy rosagullah. Now let's get on the flight, we're the last ones to board!

In the plane, the roadies are settling into their seats.

Fineleg (to the airhostess): So are you SURE that this flight is SAFE to board? Have the engineers checked ALL the engines? Are the pilots experienced enough? On my airline I would have pilots only with THOUSANDS of hours of flying. They have to be SAFE. It is not about reaching the destination asap, it is about ENSURING 100% that the passengers are SAFE. On some of these airlines the pilots lack application, they need to be DROPPED!

DD: Fineleg put a sock in it. The flight is safe, the pilot is qualified. We will be fine.

Fineleg: But even Prem in his latest article said the same. (opens laptop and shows new thread he started with Prem's article) See what I have underlined? Prem agrees with me.

Mock: Prem is bald and ugly. Oh and his writing sucks.

Fineleg busies himself getting online and starting a new poll/thread about the airline industry (he is heard worrying about the safety and security of wireless internet connections - "what if someone HACKS and sees my password?"). Meanwhile...

123of: You guys know . I have been following airline industry for donkeys ears . I know lots of dirty business that went on from behind curtains [but I wont tell what]. But like watching evolution . is this particular airline . In previous years their service slow would be . Now perform flight after flight they do . As fan of airline industry I am happy . enjoy.

Kban: Yes this airline has improved brilliantly over the past few years, and our last experience on this airline was a great one, but not as great as those of the 80s. Those were the days where the skies were difficult surfaces to conquer, not like the flat cushiony skies we get these days. I remember one particular flight over Bangalore in '87 which was an absolute minefield, worse than the turbulent stormy skies of Mumbai in '04. Yes, those were the days when flight crew and pilot needed to be technically perfect. A quick look at the stats...

k-i-c quips: Hah! Kban and 'quick'!

Kban (frowns): ...suggests that skies of the 80s were definitely more turbulent than the skies we find today. Inependent meteorological analyses have shown how cloud cover has declined over time...

Roadies shout: KBAN PLEASE! THE INFLIGHT SAFETY VIDEO IS ABOUT TO START AND FINELEG IS ALREADY HYPERVENTILATING. DONT INTERRUPT!

A few Indian cricketers are on the same flight...

Sreesanth: I feel like Jeff Thomson.

JFK: To be precise. You feel like Jeff Thompson.

Sreesanth: Aiyoda, when I was running in end bolling so fastly, I swear. I told Munna kutty that he is Lillee paaji and I am Thompson. He is so simple, I swear.

Dex: Shutup, you're not good enough to lick Thompson's f***ing boots.

Sreesanth: Aiy, I swear, dont swear!

CP: Dex I am lodging a complaint. You cannot speak to our cricketers like that.

jaat69: Oye khottey da puttar!

Ruchir: Hey no making fun of Sreesanth. I havent posted the latest pics up yet.

jaat69: Ruchira behen, have I insulted you?

Kban: Considering the nature of the insult and the context of it I have looked at this from many different angles. When Dex swore he was not actually aiming the insult at Sreesanth, but at the boots of Jeff Thompson. Now, we know that f*** is not dinner-time conversation, but considering that he has directed it at an inanimate object I have decided that this is not unacceptable behavior. Now as to jaat69's comment, there is no evidence that his insult was directed at anyone at all. For all we know he could have been cursing at himself...
(many 1000 words later)
...hence my judgment is that no action needs to be taken.

The Roadies have all fallen asleep after Kban's latest discourse, and thus we leave this merry bunch of friends till next time.

In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2006, 07:55:38 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D

Applause
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

MockTurtle

« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2006, 07:55:57 AM »

Mock: Prem is bald and ugly. Oh and his writing sucks.

i object! i would nevah say the first part about anybody! i definitely concur with the second half though!  ;D

applause for the rest (dang, gotta wait 12 hours) :-)

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2006, 04:19:27 PM »

DD, Great work - Keep it up!

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2006, 04:51:24 PM »

Boys and Girl. Stop being so brilliant! DD this one was AWESOME! Now it is your fault that I could not get any work done! And now I have to find time to try to match this talent. And I have meetings all afternoon and have to take my son to soccer in the evening. Oh the Torture!!!

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2006, 05:24:29 PM »

Boys and Girl. Stop being so brilliant! DD this one was AWESOME! Now it is your fault that I could not get any work done! And now I have to find time to try to match this talent. And I have meetings all afternoon and have to take my son to soccer in the evening. Oh the Torture!!!

are u lara?

ruchir

• Team of the Century
  • WC03 Final - Ganguly is in pain after a fall
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2006, 05:51:02 PM »

DD - Applause....  ;D

OldPal

• Team of the Century
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2006, 06:06:01 PM »

The Roadies have all fallen asleep after Kban's latest discourse, and thus we leave this merry bunch of friends till next time.

Majedaar  ;D ;D

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2006, 06:18:13 PM »

are u lara?

;D  ;D

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2006, 10:14:56 PM »

Sgusa is in the kitchen working on dinner for the squad. 123of and Jiet is helping him out. Santh walks in to the kitchen

Santh: Please, Sgusa …this grill fish not tasty like my mummy’s meen kari1…I swear if you make meen kari

Sgusa: HUSH! I will be hung, drawn and quartered if GC even gets a waft of the odor.

Santh: I swear, zimbly once no…at least varta meen 2 you can make nadan 3 style.

123of: Ah! Fry fish is devine. Just masala and put in pan with hot oil…sear delight.

Santh tries again but hurries out of the kitchen when Sgusa glares at him. Jiet snickers.

Jiet: I am finished with the boiled veggies…can we add some butter to it?..okay, okay …just kidding.

**After Dinner**

Dravid: Okay, boys. Big game tomorrow. Sreesanth, are you ready with the new pre-game ritual process?

Sreesanth: I swear, I have  very good idea…the other squad members helped me with it. I swear, it is unbelieveable.

GC: OK, let’s see it.

Sreesanth and his teammates perform live for GC. Look Through RD and GC's Eyes

GC: Is there a name for this process?

Sreesanth: Er….Freedom From Itchy Balls. 

GC: That’s very intimidating…very good Sreesanth.

Sreesanth: I swear, Sir. It’s so zimble. Just break dance with facial contortions.

RD: Looks good to me. Job well done, boys. You can all go.

Everyone disperses. Fineleg, who was watching with some roadies, is proud of Sreesanth.

Fineleg: Awesome, Sreesanth. That was some talent. When you become a famous break-dancer don’t forget us roadies.

Sreesanth: When I was with Muna in MRF, I used to always tell him I am Jonah Lomu and he is Eric Rush.

Ruchir: That was a very impressive performance by our gay break dancer. Dhoni and Raina were also in very good form with their hips and the hands, moving so very seductively close to each other, stroking the …

DD: OOOKAY! Ruchir is on talking time-out.

Dextrous: Not cool…would you say that if you were having dinner at Sreesanth’s place?

Ruchir: No…but I am not having dinner at Sreesanth’s place.

Jaat: No..no no….a thousand times no. You take that back.

Ruchir: What did I say?

Jaat: This man (pointing at Ruchir) has insulted them (Dhoni, Raina and Sreesanth) and I demand an apology.

Dextrous: Quite right….this man (Sreesanth) has apologized to you (Ruchir) and we demand an insult.

Jaat: No! That’s all backwards.

Kban: I refute any claim that there was an apology before an insult. Such chronological paradox has never occurred. On the other hand we would be assuming that we are not victims of space-time aberrations. To investiage this case (we can call it Case 1 : Space-Time Abnormalites) we check the hypothesis of no space-time abnormalities, my calculations yields a confidence interval…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Fish Curry
2. Fish Fry
3. Country (style)
"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

Scott Caan as Turk Malloy

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2006, 11:39:12 PM »

brilliant !! i think the kban mimicry is unbeatable  ;D
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
« Reply #55 on: July 07, 2006, 07:11:30 PM »

Oops...I forgot to add the disclaimer. I acknowledge that I have blatantly ripped off the joke from Explorers On The Moon. As any artist in this position would say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
"...that is me offering you an olive basket... ...and that is you spitting in my face."

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #56 on: July 07, 2006, 07:23:10 PM »

jiet:

Good one --applause!!  ;D ;D

You gotta admit though that the Gestapo doth have a sense of humor!!  ;)

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2006, 07:38:47 PM »

jiet:

Good one --applause!!  ;D ;D

You gotta admit though that the Gestapo doth have a sense of humor!!  ;)

Would not be the same without it.  :D

ruchir

• Team of the Century
  • WC03 Final - Ganguly is in pain after a fall
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2006, 11:00:17 PM »

jiet: That was brilliant.... specially the way you built the conversation around the video clip.....

Applause.... ;D ;D

sgusa

« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2006, 06:27:57 AM »

Zimbly brilliant I say! Appluase!

PS: I love the Thompson effect!!

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2006, 07:25:20 AM »

;D ;D ;D

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
The Roadies Meet Asterix and OBelix
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2006, 11:11:40 PM »

The Roadies - Special Edition

When The Roadies Became Asterix & co

It is a sunny day in the empire of ancient Cricinfo. Julius Vaidyanathan rules the empire with a mighty web-presence, but one DG of indomitable CricketVoicicans still holds out against the tyranny.
Peace reigns in the DG at most times but they are not shy of a good fight and attacking the Cricinfians.

A quick look at some of the characters:

Asterix (aka JFK): One of the DG's wittiest members, he leads the DG in all its missions and like all the DGians enjoys a good fight.

Obelix (aka Dex): A giant of a man, he is the DG's main defense (or attack, however you want to see it) against the invaders and is largely responsible for the food/fruits that the DGdom enjoys. He fell into the magic potion (more of that later) when he was a boy and is blessed with infinite strength.

Getafix (aka sgusa): Not only is he a great chef, but he is responsible for making the magic potion (with his blend of secret ingredients) that help the DG hold out against the Cricinfians.

Vitalstatistix (aka kban1)
:  The DG's chief, he is responsible for seeing to the well-being of the DG's members. He intervenes in fights, plans strategies, and is not shy of a long speech or three, especially at the DG's banquets.

Cacofonix (aka fineleg)
: The DG's resident bard, he is strangely afflicted with pessimism. His poems are ahead of their time (according to him) and are not appreciated as much as they could be.

Fulliautomatix (aka DD): The DG's blacksmith, he is known to always have a mallet in hand, especially when Cacofonix is about to sing...

-----

Chief Vitalstatistix has convened a meeting to discuss the imminent attack of the Cricinfians. They seem to have a new plan...

Asterix: What do you think they are up to, chief? Anyway, it doesnt matter. Just a little magic potion and itz over.

Vitalstatistix: I have hereby convened this gathering of us DG members to analyze and iron out a solution to the impending problem that the Cricinfians pose us. They seem to have in their midst an array of weapons. Now, we know from our proud history that the Cricinfians generally do not have anything to give us sleepless nights about, but Geriatrix (aka Jaat69) on one of his nightly walks has heard the Cricinfians laughing and exalting over their imminent victory against us. It seems that they have a secret weapon which they will employ in the coming days. I have called this meeting not only to strategize but also to bring our men together in order to harness some team spirit and morale.

Unhygenix (aka CP): That Geriatrix is an old lout. He was probably hearing things in his senile head.

Geriatrix: So I'm senile, am I? I'm an old lout am i? I'll show you what a veteran of the army of Vercingetorix can do!!

A tussle ensues with all the men of the DG getting involved, even Vitalstatistix's shield-bearers, leaving him predictably down-fallen.

Vitalstatistix: ENOUGH!!! Gentlemen, I promise to solve your quarrels at a later date, but now I am out for a 1 hr 15 min lunch with Asterix, Obelix and Getafix, and we will decide what action will be taken regarding this threat from the Romans.

Cacofonix: I will now compose an ode to the chief's lunch...

Fulliautomatix: NO YOU WILL NOT! NO YOU WILL NOT! (proceeds to hammer Cacofonix into the ground)

At Lunch:

Getafix (who has prepared a 12 course meal of famous Italian delicacies, accompanied by some vintage wine): So what say chief?

Vitalstatistix: I say we send Asterix and Obelix into the nearby camp of CricketNextium to find out whats up.

Getafix: Good idea. Asterix, here's a gourd of magic potion just in case. And no, Obelix, you fell into a cauldron of it when you were a baby.

Asterix and Obelix head out.

Obelix (taps side of head): These Cricinfians are crazy! They keep trying to outwit us. They should know with my mind and your strength our DG is always safe. Hey, Asterix, I'm a bit hungry. Mind if we stop and catch a few boar?

Asterix: No, Obelix, we just had lunch. We have work to do now. Anyway, itz an easy job. We'll be done in no time and can declare in time for tea.

They arrive at the Cricinfian camp where they overhear the conversation between a Centurion, Microphonus (aka Mike) Dennus, and a stranger with a feminine voice.

Dennus: The plan is set. Perfect. Veni, Vidi, Vici, finally I can say it.

Lady: So you can, Microphonus. I am just about ready to set out on my mission. These CricketVoicicans stand no chance against me.

Dennus: Come, let us toast to this most wonderful plan.

Asterix and Obelix get a view of a beautiful woman.

Asterix: Huh! What is that woman going to do to us? Anyway, I think Nicole Vaidisova is hotter. Obelix...Obelix?

Obelix is sitting on the ground, eyes crossed.

Asterix: Hah! Obelix always has had a thing for blondes.

The duo make their way back to the DG. They explain that the Cricinfians' secret weapon is a pretty woman. The men all have a good laugh about it. All except Cacofonix...

Cacofonix: See, we have to be CAREFUL. We dont know what this woman can DO! She might be DANGEROUS! Maybe if I compose a poem you folks will understand...
Oh! men and women in CricketVoicica
I am at wits end at what to dooo
The Cricinfians are sending us a dangerous woman
and I am feeling so bluuuuueeeee
---
The poem is abruptly ended by a mallet.

Cacofonix, incensed by the constant impeding of his artistic voice, decides to leave the DG in a huff.

Cacofonix: Some BARBARIANS in this DG keep stopping me from doing my job. After all I've contributed...forget it. I'm leaving to Cricinfo and never coming back.

He sets off into the forest, and happens to meet the lady who was conspiring with Mike Dennus. Cacofonix, always one to appreciate a pair of fine legs, is dumb founded by her beauty and proceeds to lead her back to the DG as she requests.

Asterix: Cacofonix, you're back! I knew you'd come back. Err...who is this...hey Obelix, it's that woman from the camp. Obelix?

Obelix is once again enraptured by this woman's mystifying beauty...and is temporarily unavailable.

Unhygenix quips: Yeah. Leave it to fatty Obelix to once again not do his job as our defender. Enraptured by mystifying beauty, my eye! He has just eaten one rosagullah too many!

Dogmatix (aka Blwe, who for this episode has received the gift of speech): Hey, Unhygenix. Please refrain from hurting others' sentiments and placing it in public domain. Take this as warning wrapped in advice or I shall be compelled to display how my bite is worse than my bark.

The other men of the DG slowly swarm around this elegant and irresistable beauty, all slowly being lulled into a mesmerized slumber.

Vitalstatistix, wondering what all the commotion is about, rushes to the scene: Hey, what's all this about? Why is everyone sitting around? Oh. Is that Ann Coulter....

He too falls off his shield, dazzled by some enchanting power the lady from the camp has.

Asterix, empowered by the magic potion he consumed priorly, is shielded from the woman's mystical powers. He runs to Getafix's hut. Getafix is busy sampling some wine, when Asterix bursts into his house and explains the problem.

Getafix: Calm down, Asterix, there is no need to worry. Unfortunately, it is too late for me to give everyone my magic potion, which has obviously guarded you. No, I think I know the solution. Our only defense here can be a woman. (the women in this episode are on holiday in NonExistantum aka Lutetia) Go off to nearby Redifflandum (aka Condatum) and fetch Tragicomix (aka K-slice) and his wife Panacea (aka Mock). Tragicomix has become a bit of a crook these days, what with him recently stealing all of Cacofonix's harps, but his devious ways may come in handy. Panacea will be able to take care of this secret weapon of the Cricinfians. 

Asterix rushes off and brings back the pair immediately. He is rather irritated as they have been bickering the whole way back. They trio enter Getafix's hut. To their shock he is sitting with the same dazed look as the rest of the men in the DG. In the background, he hears the trumpets of the Cricinfian troops!

Asterix: By Toutatis! We have to act fast. AND YOU TWO STOP BICKERING, YOU ARE GETTING ME DOWN!! Panacea, I have an important job for you. Obelix has always had a soft spot for you. Maybe you can revive him? Once that is done I need you to face the lady siren, you are the only one who can save our DG! In the meantime, Tragicomix (who Asterix catches trying to steal Getafix's golden sickle) have some magic potion, we have to ward off the Cricinfian troops! Hopefully in time for two cracks at the new ball!

Panacea: But I dont want to be separated from my hubby  :( :(

Tragicomix: Fool of a woman, dont you see we have to save our DG?

Panacea: Hmph! We'll see what the DG has to say about your recent thievery once this is through

Tragicomix: I dont ever want to talk to you again

Asterix: BY BELENOS YOU TWO ARE REALLY GETTING ME DOWN!!!

Mike Dennus arrives with his troops. Asterix and Tragicomix make short work of them, Tragicomix acquiring some medals and swords on the way.

Meanwhile, Panacea faces off with the Cricinfian siren, after reviving Obelix with some quiet words whispered. Obelix joins Tragicomix and Asterix, rather grumpily commenting: Mister Asterix didnt wait for me before he started thumping the Cricinfians, no he didnt!

Panacea to the siren: How dare you mesmerize all the boys of this DG! That is a road only I am allowed to cross. You will undo this now!

Siren: Ha ha ha ha ha. Your men are powerless against my unparalleled hypnotic-seductive powers. And so are you!

An idea comes to Panacea's head. She quickly rattles off 20 befuddling questions from her vast array of trivia. The Cricinfian siren, completely bamboozled by this googly, loses her hold on the CricketVoicican men. Panacea then proceeds to thump her for a six into the nearby forest. The Dg erupts in joy at yet another victory at home.

Obelix: Yes, it is all and well winning against these minnow Cricinfians at home. It would be much more fun to go to Cricinfo and thump them there!

Getafix (who has been briefed of the events while he was mesmerized): Obelix, would you like to thank Panacea for reviving you?

Obelix, who has always had a thing for blondes, stutters: Oh, errr...thanks....teehee!

Vitalstatistix: Men and women of this DG, this calls for a celebration. Once I have studied our apparent weaknesses and consulted the literature on how to strengthen them, and then assess the state of our finances, I can then settle down and have a think as to how we can effectively celebrate this victory. Now, as you know, the ladies are due to arrive from NonExistantum in a few hours, and it is generally up to them to provide us with the nourriture that is becoming of our celebratory banquets. Now, I have been informed that some members of the DG have complained against Tragicomix for his recent endeavors in filling his coffers. First, there is no evidence to support this case, and Tragicomix has also been a key member of today's victory. In this light, I find no reason to punish him and hereby repeal all .... hey, where did everybody go? SHIELD-BEARERS?!!? CRICKETVOICICANS DONT YOU DARE START THE BANQUET WITHOUT A SPEECH FROM ME...

The DG is joined by Asterix's Cousin Oldblightyix from England (aka jiet aka pieterSAN) for the celebrations (he proceeds to get sloshed): 'ey 'ey 'ey! We'z 'avin a banket after another solid victory what! Cheerio, old blighty and all that! Long live mother England!

--
We leave the CricketVoicicans to their banquet till next time, with familiar scenes of Cacofonix bound to a tree, Geriatrix dancing as if there were no tomorrow and Mrs. Geriatrix admonishing him, and Vitalstatistix giving a long speech while Tragicomix tries to make away with his shield.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 08:26:26 AM by dhruvdeepak »
-- Mohandas K *hi

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2006, 11:47:10 PM »

WOW!..... WOW!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2006, 11:55:35 PM »

lol i forgot you, jiet. edited
-- Mohandas K *hi

pieterSAN

• Team of the Century
  • Helwe
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2006, 12:05:28 AM »

LMAO.....that's some funny sh*it(e)  ;)

Umm...I thought the Tragicomix and Panacea pairing was quite splendid. Yes, indeed.

MockTurtle

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2006, 12:25:37 AM »

yaay! i single-handedly saved you all - where is my Gaul of the Brawl award? huh? huh? no, i don't like motor-cycles or TV's.

sgusa

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2006, 12:37:18 AM »

yaay! i single-handedly saved you all - where is my Gaul of the Brawl award? huh? huh? no, i don't like motor-cycles or TV's.

I could make you a nice sangria instead ! ;D

PS: DD, anytime you are in seatle, PM me - you deserve a round or two of premium scotch for this masterpiece !!

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2006, 12:51:34 AM »

ROTFL!!

Superb work DD  - applause!!!

(and thats ur 250!!   :D)

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2006, 02:57:51 AM »

Wow! This is amazing work DD. And he even figured out my lack of showers!

MockTurtle

« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2006, 03:03:56 AM »

I could make you a nice sangria instead ! ;D

sure - at least post a good recipe, will you? it is one of those trying days when everything seems to be going wrong and i could do with some sangria!

ranjit

• First Class Player
« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2006, 03:25:55 AM »

Masterpiece, DD. Applause!!! ;D

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2006, 03:43:13 AM »

Brilliant .. keep it coming, guys

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2006, 04:02:32 AM »

Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

MockTurtle

« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2006, 04:04:35 AM »

sure - at least post a good recipe
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=sangria+recipe

was hoping sgusa will have a unique, his-very-own recipe! :) of course, google has all the answers!

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2006, 04:17:05 AM »

was hoping sgusa will have a unique, his-very-own recipe! :) of course, google has all the answers!

Oops. sorry for butting in . Hope you get one from him.

Anyway, the Lisashea site looks good. I might give the Mango one a try. I will have to find a replacement for the orange cointreau.

MockTurtle

« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2006, 04:21:37 AM »

Oops. sorry for butting in . Hope you get one from him.

Anyway, the Lisashea site looks good. I might give the Mango one a try. I will have to find a replacement for the orange cointreau.

why? you don't like cointreau? i prefer the spicer versions..

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2006, 04:27:23 AM »

Naah..my preferred digestif is cognac. I know, in this case, we are mixing it but still - mental block!

sgusa

« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2006, 04:42:32 AM »

well, i pretty much do use the usual recipes posted on the net. But my secret ( and my firm belief) is that the best way to ensure your sangria is tasty is to use good wine. I prefer merlot based sangrias. Ofcourse a good cognac would kick it up a few notches too). Oh, and use Valencia oranges for the perfect flavor.

MockTurtle

« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2006, 04:54:37 AM »

well, i pretty much do use the usual recipes posted on the net. But my secret ( and my firm belief) is that the best way to ensure your sangria is tasty is to use good wine. I prefer merlot based sangrias. Ofcourse a good cognac would kick it up a few notches too). Oh, and use Valencia oranges for the perfect flavor.

all this talk has inspired me to make a pitcher of sangria!

i am just biting into an utterly meltatious pierre marcoloni dark chocolate....wish people wdn't gift me such sinful delights!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 04:57:24 AM by MockTurtle »

k-slice

« Reply #79 on: July 11, 2006, 05:03:37 AM »

mock,sgusa
there is ablog called steve dont eat it or something. i will post the link as soon as i find it. well the point is he brewed up some prison hooch. i took down the recipe and recreated it about 15 days ago. you woul dbe surprised that the red "wine" i created from all things red(koolaid, grape juice, apples etc) actually tasted really good. and that too after 13 days of rottign away. the alcohol percentage was a whopping 15%.
either ways if you are interested in making your own wine i have some killer recipes. the wine ends up tasting decent as long as you follow the recipes.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up