Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Perth showed the inadequacies of ageing players: Akram  (Read 1864 times)

Rocky

• One Day Star
  • Sweet!
Re: Perth showed the inadequacies of ageing players: Akram
« on: January 19, 2012, 03:50:17 PM »

My all time favorite batsman Krish Srikkanth is disappointing as the selector-in-chief.
His apparent southern bias is such an archaic practice.....................so much in contrast  with his new-age batting style, which inspired the Indians to their maiden WC victory... :(
The captains are not to blame, I feel, it is the selectors who must take the major blame for India's over-seas debacle.
I wish, modern day Indians..........particularly, role-models like Srikkanth, could escape this regional bias syndrome.............and set better examples in life.
I feel in hind-sight, that he was a bad choice as the Chief Selector.............although, I feel, he deserves all the respect and accolades that he is getting from BCCI and the country at large.

We should do away with this regional selectors, we should have a board of competent players as selectors and make sure they do not have a scope of regional bias. For example if someone happens to be from south, he should be made responsible for selecting players from North India. We should make these selectors do some work and let them be evaluated based on the performance of the players they select. So if I have selected 5 players from Westers region and over a period of next two years they perform well  - a part of my compensation should be tied to that. Selector's job should be treated as a profession with appropriate accountability

Had the results been positive...any bias is fine...............but when the results are poor.....and that too for a long time, like this one...one needs to introspect.....and Srikkanth doesn't seem to be in any mood to introspect.
'

really. So as long as a bank robbery is successful, you are all in favor of the crime! Wonderful ! No wonder they call you the Joker!

no wonder!......how come winning is equal to 'bank robbery' in cricket?
if a team is winning, nobody can question selection bias, regional or whatever. so long as the team is winning, all eleven players can be from the same zone.........

btw, joker is not a bad name...but I don't want to tell you what 'They' are calling you on your back, out of propriety or netiquettes..or whatever you may call....... :D

lots of dogs will bark. Gutless people will say things behind people's back.

Goes to show your mentality if you say bias is ok no matter what the results are. But then you are a gangulian./

you are going satthiya  :(

you are going senile ....

What a colossal waste of time this forum is!!
Are there no mods in the forum?
Or are the mods themselves the ones who are acting like kindergarten hoodlums?
We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 03:59:06 PM »

My all time favorite batsman Krish Srikkanth is disappointing as the selector-in-chief.
His apparent southern bias is such an archaic practice.....................so much in contrast  with his new-age batting style, which inspired the Indians to their maiden WC victory... :(
The captains are not to blame, I feel, it is the selectors who must take the major blame for India's over-seas debacle.
I wish, modern day Indians..........particularly, role-models like Srikkanth, could escape this regional bias syndrome.............and set better examples in life.
I feel in hind-sight, that he was a bad choice as the Chief Selector.............although, I feel, he deserves all the respect and accolades that he is getting from BCCI and the country at large.

We should do away with this regional selectors, we should have a board of competent players as selectors and make sure they do not have a scope of regional bias. For example if someone happens to be from south, he should be made responsible for selecting players from North India. We should make these selectors do some work and let them be evaluated based on the performance of the players they select. So if I have selected 5 players from Westers region and over a period of next two years they perform well  - a part of my compensation should be tied to that. Selector's job should be treated as a profession with appropriate accountability

Had the results been positive...any bias is fine...............but when the results are poor.....and that too for a long time, like this one...one needs to introspect.....and Srikkanth doesn't seem to be in any mood to introspect.
'

really. So as long as a bank robbery is successful, you are all in favor of the crime! Wonderful ! No wonder they call you the Joker!

if a team is winning, nobody can question selection bias, regional or whatever. so long as the team is winning, all eleven players can be from the same zone.........

btw, joker is not a bad name...but I don't want to tell you what 'They' are calling you on your back, out of propriety or netiquettes..or whatever you may call....... :D

lots of dogs will bark. Gutless people will say things behind people's back.

Goes to show your mentality if you say bias is ok no matter what the results are. But then you are a gangulian./

you are going satthiya  :(

you are going senile ....

see..this is what happens, when you come once in a blue moon! :(
CP is catching up in age.........it seems you didn't keep in touch with him, for a while now..

ruchir

• Team of the Century
  • WC03 Final - Ganguly is in pain after a fall
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 04:21:59 PM »

'

I'm sure intellectuals like Pitamah and others will disagree with you here because during GC days they used to say that results don't matter as much as how they are achieved matters (when discussing GC as a coach). So, if they were correct then, then how come selections bias or regional bias should not be questioned now, despite the wins?

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 04:46:24 PM »

'

I'm sure intellectuals like Pitamah and others will disagree with you here because during GC days they used to say that results don't matter as much as how they are achieved matters (when discussing GC as a coach). So, if they were correct then, then how come selections bias or regional bias should not be questioned now, despite the wins?

ideally there should be no bias..........that is the main grouse with Srikkanth...........
ppl can still accept imperfect methods if the results are good...
but if both results and methods are poor, as they are now..........then ppl will start complaining..................and they are already complaining.

Rocky

• One Day Star
  • Sweet!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 06:33:44 PM »

CP is catching up in age.........it seems you didn't keep in touch with him, for a while now..

Oh..I've been popping in on and off in the desperate hope of having something worthwhile to read..
Sadly, that has been rarer than "once in a blue moon" of late..

Its not just CP though he is the most juvenile of the lot..but there are five or six members who treat each and every post like a schoolyard playground with their outdated insults and kiddish jibes..

Why can't you mods go on a rampage slicing and deleting each OT message in each thread for a couple of months.
You can start with this one if you want. ::Whip::

ruchir

• Team of the Century
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 06:47:37 PM »

Oh..I've been popping in on and off in the desperate hope of having something worthwhile to read..

Its not just CP though he is the most juvenile of the lot..but there are five or six members who treat each and every post like a schoolyard playground with their outdated insults and kiddish jibes..

Why can't you mods go on a rampage slicing and deleting each OT message in each thread for a couple of months.

If mods were to do that, the DG would become too stale, lose whatever traffic it is having, and you would have even less to read. Be careful of what you ask for. Schoolyard fights inter spread with cricketing discussions are not harmful.

Rocky

• One Day Star
  • Sweet!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 07:05:48 PM »

If mods were to do that, the DG would become too stale, lose whatever traffic it is having, and you would have even less to read. Be careful of what you ask for. Schoolyard fights inter spread with cricketing discussions are not harmful.

On the other hand, if you take the prime example of team-bhp - the forum where mods take their duties so seriously as to border on the verge of arrogance - so much so that a simple "..." in the middle of a statement draws the severest censure as do acronyms and spelling mistakes.
That has not diminished the stature, popularity or the quality of the discussions on that forum. Conversely it has grown from strength to strength on the basis of the sincerity and obvious no-nonsense attitude displayed by the respective mods.

ruchir

• Team of the Century
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 08:47:47 PM »

On the other hand, if you take the prime example of team-bhp - the forum where mods take their duties so seriously as to border on the verge of arrogance - so much so that a simple "..." in the middle of a statement draws the severest censure as do acronyms and spelling mistakes.
That has not diminished the stature, popularity or the quality of the discussions on that forum. Conversely it has grown from strength to strength on the basis of the sincerity and obvious no-nonsense attitude displayed by the respective mods.
;D ;D ;D   Been there, done that, didn't work out......... I guess this post would be frowned upon in the BHP forum. Right?  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)   I like this forum better for it's freedom to bicker.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 12:41:02 AM »

Oh they did. The dg was dead because ofe it for months. It's only when greats like me started posting again has the dg started having something for you to pop in and read. You are welcome.
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 06:45:16 AM »

Actually Team BHP...or even the travel website IndiaMac are huge communities...both driven by 'greed'( modern day consumerism) and hope.....
Ppl will keep buying newer cars..........hang on for a while..........submit his driving report.............respond to readers' questions...and that's it..beyond a point. I was there too for a while...very active for a couple of months...................even I bumped into Broadbat over there. :) Every few months, there are newer ppl who go through this.
But yes, in these websites, there is a perennial supply of newbies, hopefuls and 'experts'...........unlike our DG......where the old-faithfuls still keep carrying the flag.
Our DG is running by an engine of conflict. Once the senior players retire...that conflict too will vanish....................and we don't really feel hugely inspired by the new players of India. They are for the new, upcoming generation, who are unfortunately, not members of this DG. :(
We are getting and huge number of 'eye-balls' no doubt, but very few genuine membership.......who can actively initiate a thread or participate in a discussion.

Rocky

• One Day Star
  • Sweet!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 03:41:53 PM »

We are getting and huge number of 'eye-balls' no doubt, but very few genuine membership.......who can actively initiate a thread or participate in a discussion.

Wow!! What a great achievement in these days!!
Let me desist and leave you to your cozy kindergarten club.
Enjoy your juvenile pranks and continue pissing into your own bed.
Have fun!!

ruchir

• Team of the Century
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2012, 04:04:46 PM »

Wow!! What a great achievement in these days!!
Let me desist and leave you to your cozy kindergarten club.
Enjoy your juvenile pranks and continue pissing into your own bed.
Have fun!!
Thank you for your kind words. I'll say that you are welcome to come back and post meaningful posts any time you want. This DG will be richer when you will take the pain to start a thread on a topic of your choice, or when you participate frequently in substantive discussions of any kind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up