Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Most promising youngster  (Read 1569 times)

rahikumar

• Spectator
Most promising youngster
« on: November 10, 2011, 08:53:15 AM »

This is always going to be a difficult one to debate, because "potential" is such an abstract thing, and more often than not it goes unrealised.

That said, it seems to me that we may finally be incubating a number of youngsters whose style of play is utterly "unEnglish" (in the best possible way).

Because I think "best" is premature at this stage, I think "promising" will serve as the more appropriate adjective.

Anyway, I wouldn't usually make such a thread as this, were it not for the fact that one of these youngsters in particular seems to me to be beyond gifted: Josh McEachran. Yes, we all know how good this kid is. But I'd probably go so far as to say that I've never seen a teenage English midfielder as promising as him in my lifetime (I was born too late to see Hoddle, and first saw Gascoigne when he was 23. Perhaps Scholes; at 19 he was already a wonderful player, but he's slightly different than McEachran). McEachran is the kind of midfield player that I have been waiting my whole football-following life to break through. His passing, vision, composure, AND skill are the stuff dreams are made of. To me, he doesn't look unlike a young Fabregas, but with a bit more flair. If he lives up to his potential, England couldn't ask for a better midfielder. It seems strange that so many people have been talking about Ravel Morrison as the most promising youngster in the country. Morrrison does indeed look like a real magician at times, but in terms of all-round game, I would have expected people to have been more excited by McEachran.

I imagine that some people will express consternation at the fact that I haven't mentioned Wilshere. That Wilshere is a wonderful player should go without saying; but I think he and Josh have different attributes; Wilshere is more combative, perhaps more industrious too, whereas McEachran is more skilful. I also think McEachran's passes in the final third are more lethal. Yes, Wilshere has broken through fully to the first team, whereas McEachran has only taken a few steps. But even comparing footage of the two at reserve level, the aforementioned differences seem to hold true. It remains to be seen which of the two will be the more potent goal threat; but in any case, their assists ratio will be far more important. (For the record, I'm an Arsenal fan, not a Chelsea fan).

The other one I thought looked like a potential world-beater is Chuks Aneke. I think at this stage he's a bit more erratic than McEachran (even though they're completely different players) but the guy's technique and intelligence and power are at times stupefying. I fully expect him to break through to the Arsenal team in the next 2-3 years. (I realise I'm probably clutching at straws by imagining that he might ultimately choose England above Nigeria).

Are there any others you guys think are as promising as these?

ผลบอล
forex

johnwilliam22

• Spectator
    • Football Shirts
Re: Most promising youngster
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 12:18:57 AM »

Ravel Morrison definitely is going to be one to watch out for I rekon  :icon_smile:

vincent

• Team of the Century
Re: Most promising youngster
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 06:37:09 PM »

What kind of a game are you talking about? Is it football? And which country are these guys from and why are they promising?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 07:12:38 PM by vincent »
Pages: [1]   Go Up