Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trouble brews at archery venue  (Read 897 times)

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
Trouble brews at archery venue
« on: September 25, 2010, 04:01:49 PM »

Trouble brews at archery venue
OUR SPECIAL CORRESPONDENT

New Delhi: There seems to be no end to the problems at the Yamuna Sports Complex, the venue for archery and table tennis in the Commonwealth Games next month.

According to Organising Committee (OC) sources, the International Archery Federation (Fita), in a shocking move, has asked the OC to replace the entire lot of temporary spectators’ stands which was erected around the ground where the archery finals are to be held.

“The Fita has found the stands below the specified standard and has asked the OC to change them with immediate effect. The last minute instruction has put the organisers in a spot of bother as erecting new stands should cost at least Rs 50 lakhs,” sources said.

What has further complicated the OC’s problem is the security concern. While the OC is now ready to replace the stands, the Delhi Police have put a spanner in their works by not allowing the labourers to move into the venue because of security reasons.

“We have adequate number of people to work overtime and erect new stands, but the police have declined security passes and accreditation to the workers. We are now awaiting clearances from the security agencies,” sources said.

Archery Association of India (AAI) secretary Paresh Mukherjee admitted that the stands would be changed but refused to comment any further.

“I am still to reach Delhi, so I shouldn’t say anything. However, I can assure you things at the venue should be fine very soon.”

Zhang Ziuzhi, the venue manager for the archery event, said: “The stands have to be changed as per Fita’s instruction. The present ones are too low and not fit for an international event.”

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1100925/jsp/sports/story_12978387.jsp

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
Re: Trouble brews at archery venue
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 04:35:01 PM »

This is excessive...who is going to watch archery that we need new stands

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
Re: Trouble brews at archery venue
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 10:29:28 AM »

This is excessive...who is going to watch archery that we need new stands

you know this is the attitude i feel most people have anyway (and i agree with it). why host these stupid games in the first place
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi
Pages: [1]   Go Up