Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gangulian Ash?  (Read 1661 times)

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
Gangulian Ash?
« on: April 17, 2010, 05:57:25 AM »

Looks like Gangulians have started causing volcanos to explode. The amount of air travel to be impacted by this is amazing. Most northern european airports are shut down for the second day now.

I am stuck here in Rome (not a bad place to be stuck by the way) and cant get out until Monday morning. I was flying to Munich and all flights to Munich are cancelled. Have had to make serious changes to the itinerary due to this. I blame Ganguly!

Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

Cernunnos

• Team of the Century
Re: Gangulian Ash?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 07:30:37 PM »

In the land of Sophia and Monica, you still couldn't overcome your fetish with SG. That is quite an achievement.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 07:55:32 PM »

In the land of Sophia and Monica, you still couldn't overcome your fetish with SG. That is quite an achievement.
Not to mention CP posted it on the main forum...kitni baar ise samjhaya ki crickevoice CP ka twitter nahi hai

Flamingo

• First Class Player
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 10:52:45 PM »

It was scary waking up this morning to smokey fog  :(

Whatcha been up to in Rome Mr Point?  I hope you've done the tour of the colosseum - best bit! 

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 07:21:08 PM »

Not to mention CP posted it on the main forum...kitni baar ise samjhaya ki crickevoice CP ka twitter nahi hai

:icon_thumleft:

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 09:58:37 PM »

It was scary waking up this morning to smokey fog  :(

Whatcha been up to in Rome Mr Point?  I hope you've done the tour of the colosseum - best bit!

actually am done seeing Rome. colosseum, vatican and all in between. Heck even made the treck to Naples and Pompei today (Naples was a huge let down and Pompei was awesome. Not something you can see anywhere else in the world)

looks like i am stuck here another 5 days .... even though Rome is open .... I was flying through munich which is closed. I am now trying to get back to Chicago but there is no availability until Friday.  I guess it is a once in a life time phenomenon and one has to take it in the stride!  I guess I will have to find Gangulians in Rome to talk to.

Most Romans do behave like gangulians though .... Italian is such a beautiful language ... they talk as if they are singing ... except more often than not they are fighting. The Romans seem to love their own food way too much. Its hard to find a restaurant that serves anything but sphagetti and pizza. Good thing I like both.

And dexy I do think of CV as my personal twitter .... and i dont even charge you anything for that privilege of hosting CPweets. Dont say I dont love you :)  :evil4:

flute

• Team of the Century
  • Mother India
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 01:25:21 PM »

And dexy I do think of CV as my personal twitter .... and i dont even charge you anything for that privilege of hosting CPweets. Dont say I dont love you   
:D
Where the mind is without fear and the head held high;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
let my country awake.

vincent

• Team of the Century
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 05:28:06 PM »

Well, instead of going to Naples (though Pompei is unique as you say),you could have gone North towards Florence,Bologna and Venice. What would have been nice also to go to the Isle of Capri from Naples. The city of Naples itself is not known as a tourist destination, of all the thousands that Italy has. It is known for other things.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 05:29:38 PM by vincent »

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 08:27:43 PM »

Well, instead of going to Naples (though Pompei is unique as you say),you could have gone North towards Florence,Bologna and Venice. What would have been nice also to go to the Isle of Capri from Naples. The city of Naples itself is not known as a tourist destination, of all the thousands that Italy has. It is known for other things.

i am taking tomorrow to rest ... and may head to one of the above suggested places the day after. for a one day trip what would you suggest? Venice, florence or capri?

saneguy

• 12th Man
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2010, 03:19:07 AM »

i am taking tomorrow to rest ... and may head to one of the above suggested places the day after. for a one day trip what would you suggest? Venice, florence or capri?

go South,  amalfi coast is amazing,
sample itenery : Take the train to Naples, bus down the amalfi coast to Sorrento, ferry from Sorrento to Capri, ferry from Capri to Naples right in time to do "the other things"  ;), Catch the train back to Rome
Can be done in Day

Venice is a great option of course, but you should wait till SG visits Italy, then you both could go in the Gondola! :D

vincent

• Team of the Century
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 06:54:34 AM »

For a day trip, Venice may be tight. Florence would be better. From the historical and cultural point of view (art, architecture etc) it is the most important city in Italy. Of course,if you do not mind going south again, Capri would be a nice holiday.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 07:10:10 AM »

From the historical and cultural point of view (art, architecture etc) it is the most important city in Italy.
Vincent, please suggest things CP will enjoy.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 08:07:04 AM »

From the historical and cultural point of view (art, architecture etc) it is the most important city in Italy.
Vincent, please suggest things CP will enjoy.

no no its ok. I like art and architecture. I use it to compare how terrible ganguly and gangulians really are in relation. For example, at the Colosseum one can imagine an old cricket ground .... with just big enough boundries (atleast on the square side) for ganguly to clear (using a mongoose)!  One just needs dedication and one can find a way to find the oldest of art and architecture in the right context.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I think florence it is. its an hour and half train ride ... and will give us the day to explore.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2010, 02:23:05 PM »

Gangulian update. I found Rome's little India. I guess that includes a block and half and 3 restaurants (2 run by Bengalis by the way ... one of which just served me lunch!) and a couple of travel agencies and a couple of stores.

The babu Moshai who was the proprietor was trying to sell me into eating just dal for lunch! Not bloody likely!

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2010, 02:27:37 PM »

CP : Frankly, Venice is overrated.. and Florence is too touristy for my taste.

If you can do it, try a little town called Sienna in Tuscany.. it is beautiful and if you can drive in the sorrounding or spend a night in a cottage in that area.. you will love it. The local wine, food, and scenery is simply awesome.
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2010, 02:41:22 PM »

Venice is a great option of course, but you should wait till SG visits Italy, then you both could go in the Gondola! :D
;D ;D

There is so much love in the air between SG and CP..

.. Gangulians and CP, now that is another story ;D
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2010, 03:40:17 PM »

CP : Frankly, Venice is overrated.. and Florence is too touristy for my taste.

If you can do it, try a little town called Sienna in Tuscany.. it is beautiful and if you can drive in the sorrounding or spend a night in a cottage in that area.. you will love it. The local wine, food, and scenery is simply awesome.

i will save that one for the next time when i am with a bit more romantic company. Am stuck here with people from work .... so am using this week to scout the place for the real visit when i can bring my family here ... hopefully next year.

nice suggestion though.

i was thinking i will try to squeeze in a quick trip to Pisa from Florence ... but it would make for a long day.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2010, 03:41:33 PM »

;D ;D

There is so much love in the air between SG and CP..

.. Gangulians and CP, now that is another story ;D

oh i love gangulians too ... They just tend to take things a bit too seriously. :)

Flamingo

• First Class Player
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2010, 09:41:45 PM »

Looks like you made a good thing of a bad situation.  and like you said - you have Gangles to thank for it. 

think you should photoshop your face onto Drav's (why does it already look p'shopped?  :o) and get it printed on a tee shirt. 

:love7:

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2010, 05:50:03 AM »

Looks like you made a good thing of a bad situation.  and like you said - you have Gangles to thank for it. 

think you should photoshop your face onto Drav's (why does it already look p'shopped?  :o) and get it printed on a tee shirt. 

:love7:

hey. if gangles wants a pic with me ... he can come and see me :) :evil4:

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 08:20:14 AM »

CPweet update.

Am on a plane back to Chicago. Should be leaving soon. Looking forward to getting back home.
Pages: [1]   Go Up