Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Our favorite cricket-journalist!  (Read 1297 times)

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
Our favorite cricket-journalist!
« on: January 03, 2006, 05:21:36 AM »

Prem seems to be having a fund of snide remarks and smart-ass comments to make when it comes to politicians or actresses of a particular region of India whenever they are in a mood to protest.
However his enthusiasm is visibly lacking ( read tacit acceptance) when an over-bearing foreigner protests by showing his 'middle-finger' at the Calcutta crowd.
He cursorily blames the action but then goes on to justify it, as if it is a highly intelligent action coming from a highly 'intelligent' human being!
This makes me wonder why Prem...who is incidentally reverred over here as an acknowledged 'cricket-guru' by the majority ( I really wonder for what good reason!) needs to identify with any nuisanse that a foreigner dishes out towards fellow Indians..who may be having a justifiable heart-burn?!
The locals had a legitimate grouse against the coach......for trying to jeopardise the career of their favorite son of the soil....yet Prem seems to identify more with GC's action.........as if He and GC are part of the same agenda!
Also here you may kindly read the other very famous thread.......'What is Prem's agenda?'

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~swarup/forum/index.php?topic=151.0

This kind of behaviour stems from the possiblity that the protagonist may be exposed to racial abuse in his day - to -day life or his place of work..whatever.
After all lets admit, that the best he does is to write about cricket.......an acumen which is not in much demand in USA. He would have fared better had he written passionately about base-ball IMO.
I would suggest he does some sittings with the local Psychiatric Counsellor and get over it..rather than venting his spleen on the people of a particular region...IMHO.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
Re: Our favorite cricket-journalist!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 12:09:53 PM »

Saw the responses in the other forum. The place has become such a whinny little place -- it's not fun anymore.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 12:15:56 PM by dextrous »

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
Re: Our favorite cricket-journalist!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 12:15:02 PM »

check out the site i'm making for harsh mankad:
http://www.votegupta.com/harsh/harsh.htm

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing