Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fisichella assures he is staying with Force India  (Read 999 times)

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
Fisichella assures he is staying with Force India
« on: August 31, 2009, 03:06:58 AM »

Fisichella assures he is staying with Force India
PTI 30 August 2009, 10:08pm IST

NEW DELHI: Soon after winning the outfit's maiden podium finish in the Belgian Grand Prix, Force India driver Giancarlo Fisichella on Sunday assured the team management that he is staying with them and not switching to Ferrari.

"This is purely rumour. Nobody (from Ferrari) has called me till now," the driver said after his second place finish.

"It was a great race for me and the team and I will drive in the next race in Italy for Force India. Rest are all rumours," said the 36-year-old Roman.

Looking back at the race, Fisichella insisted he could have won it but had to finish second best only because eventual winner Kimi Raikkonen enjoyed the Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) boost in his car.

"It was a brilliant day for us, in fact a fantastic weekend. I could not believe when I got the pole position yesterday and the target was to score our first points from there.

"I had a good start and was leading too but the security car (after a chaotic opening lap pile-up) helped Kimi to come close to me. And then he got ahead only because of the KERS. I was quicker than him and kept chasing him all through the race. We had the same pit-stop strategy and I could have won the race," Fisichella said.

Fisichella said it was no mean achievement for a team of Force India's stature and India must be proud of it.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/SPORTS/Racing/Top-Stories/Fisichella-assures-he-is-staying-with-Force-India/articleshow/4952068.cms

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
Re: Fisichella assures he is staying with Force India
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 11:36:31 AM »

Fisichella to switch to Ferrari: Report
PTI 31 August 2009, 04:02pm IST

LONDON: Having given Force India their first podium finish at the Belgian Grand Prix, its driver Giancarlo Fisichella is poised to make a temporary switch to Ferrari as replacement of Luca Badoer ahead of next month's Italian GP, according to a report.

Fisichella, who gave Force India their first F1 points after 29 starts, will have Kimi Raikkonen, who won at Spa Francorchamps, as his team-mate if such a switch is made, though Fisichella himself had denied such a move.

Confirmation of Fisichella's move to Ferrari could come within a day, Force India commercial director Ian Phillips told BBC Radio 5 live.

"We do expect a move will probably be made in the next 24 hours or so," Phillips said.

"Nobody's asked us yet but I think it's pretty likely that somebody will make a phone call to (Force India team boss) Vijay Mallya over the next 24 hours or so asking if we would release him to Ferrari.

"I don't think they (Force India) have really got any options (but to release him)," Phillips added.

Fisichella himself had denied such a move after his podium finish at Spa Francorchamps on Sunday night.

"This is purely rumour. Nobody (from Ferrari) has called me till now," Fisichella had said.

"I will drive for Force India in the next race in Italy. Rest are all rumours," Fisichella had said.

Phillips said Ferrari wants a strong driver in place of Badoer to team up with Raikkonen in their home circuit of Monza on September 13, and Italian Fisichella can play the role.

"Ferrari being Ferrari, it's their home race at Monza, which is a place with a cauldron-like atmosphere, particularly for the Italians -- seats will be thrown on the track if Ferrari aren't doing well.

"So they're going to have to put somebody in there who can basically run around with Raikkonen at the front of the field."

Badoer, Ferrari's official reserve driver, was drafted in to replace the injured Felipe Massa after legendary seven-time F1 champion Michael Schumacher was forced to shelve his comeback plans.

But, Ferrari seemed to have faith in Badoer, who has struggled as a replacement for the injured Felipe Massa.

Fisichella's contract with Force India runs out at the end of the 2009 season.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/SPORTS/Racing/Top-Stories/Fisichella-to-switch-to-Ferrari-Report/articleshow/4954779.cms

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
Re: Fisichella assures he is staying with Force India
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 02:38:11 PM »

Force India deny Fisichella-Ferrari reports

Force India have denied reports that Giancarlo Fisichella is set to move to Ferrari for the forthcoming Italian Grand Prix, to take over from Luca Badoer, who has stood in for the injured Felipe Massa at the last two races.

In a statement issued by Force India on Monday, boss Vijay Mallya insisted Fisichella, who scored the team’s first world championship points at Spa on Sunday, had received no invitation from Ferrari, adding that the Italian was looking forward to driving the Force India car again at Monza.

Force India also distanced themselves from quotes in the press attributed to the team’s commercial director, Ian Philips, which suggested they were expecting a request from Ferrari to release Fisichella.

“Ian Philips’ comments do not reflect the views of the Force India Formula One Team Management since he is not the designated spokesperson for the team nor is he authorized to speak to the media,” said Mallya. “His comments should be ignored.”

Ferrari are expected to make a decision on their Monza line-up later this week once they have received the results of medical tests that Massa is undergoing in Miami.
http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/8/9858.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up