Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: T20 WC - Ind vs Eng - S8 match  (Read 21392 times)

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
Re: T20 WC - Ind vs Eng - S8 match
« Reply #160 on: June 14, 2009, 07:50:10 PM »

sixxx

9 from 2!!

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #161 on: June 14, 2009, 07:50:37 PM »

goodbye like i said we needed YS at no. 3
there is more than meets the i

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #162 on: June 14, 2009, 07:51:47 PM »

8 from 1...

england win by 3 runs

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #163 on: June 14, 2009, 07:53:04 PM »

f u k fuk fuk

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #164 on: June 14, 2009, 07:54:35 PM »

f u k fuk fuk

jadeja cost us the game with his batting today

k-slice

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #165 on: June 14, 2009, 07:54:41 PM »

oh well. i hope they arent too hard on RJ. i mean its all right. its a game. he can expect to be out in the wilderness for a bit.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2009, 07:55:01 PM »

goodbye like i said we needed YS at no. 3
I was sweating there for a while.

I am a fan of YP but I did not want him to get that Six.

MSD can now brag about rotating the strike well and blame others for the debacle when he himself does not have the game to finish a game off.

Good to see them out of the WC.

Any team that do not select their XI based on merit should lose.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2009, 07:55:19 PM »

Well, Dhoni's midas touch is gone.. started from the last test in NZ, when he got defensive.

YS should have come earlier..

HS's 10 wides also didnt help,

Why was IS playing ahead of PK?

Well.. we are out now..
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2009, 07:55:29 PM »

MSD's checks(checques) are bouncing :(
England defended well...we should never have chased in this match

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2009, 07:58:35 PM »

Well, Dhoni's midas touch is gone.. started from the last test in NZ, when he got defensive.

Well.. we are out now..
I hate you for trying to make sense of all this. 

Look at the postives.

MSD remained Not Out.

He rotated the strike well holding his wicket in tact while expecting his partner to score over 200 S/R.

So there a few if you want to dig deep.....

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2009, 07:58:42 PM »

Well.. we are out now..
hmm, yuvraj caused 4 of them

WicketView

• Team of the Century
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2009, 08:01:22 PM »

Well.. we are out now..
Nevertheless, it must have been an atrocious delivery, and 5+ wides is pretty bad.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2009, 08:01:38 PM »

Well.. we are out now..
Jeez.  That settles it and swings the result back in India's favor.  Man what a blunder by WN. ::)

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2009, 08:05:22 PM »

Well.. we are out now..
Nevertheless, it must have been an atrocious delivery, and 5+ wides is pretty bad.

well, the ball was drifting to the leg side, keeper missed it. fielder was there who let it go, so of course it will go for 4.  and anyway he bowled quite brilliantly even if his great crime was bowling 2 wides, notwithstanding the parochial stuff some posters are unleashing here

« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:07:43 PM by dextrous »

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2009, 08:08:01 PM »

Well.. we are out now..
wides are pretty bad but the 4 runs of that 10 have to be attributed to Yuvraj ! Irrespective of that 153 should have been chased in this match with the kind of batting line up we have. Also YS , YP , MSD and R Jadeja could have been a better order.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #175 on: June 14, 2009, 08:08:49 PM »

Well.. we are out now..
I would not blame HS for that alone.

It was MSD's fault too.

When HS was caught in two minds weather to chuck or not on that particular ball which he does on a regular basis it is up to the skipper to clarify ahead of the delivery what he wants.  MSD did not seem to give clear instructions on that. Blame it on MSD partly.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #176 on: June 14, 2009, 08:09:30 PM »

Well.. we are out now..
Jeez.  That settles it and swings the result back in India's favor.  Man what a blunder by WN. ::)
Has the monkey hit you with a coconut?

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #177 on: June 14, 2009, 08:11:29 PM »

f u k fuk fuk

Yeah right. Which idiot promoted Jadeja in such a crucial match? Which idiot came ahead of Yusuf Pathan in the batting? Which idiot picked IS in the team? Which idiot  bowled IS 4 overs despite RPS bowling well today?

Like I said after the previous match, Dhoni should be sacked. He doesn't deseve a spot in the XI. Don't let that 30 of 20 fool you. That innings had 2 edged fours edged to third man and when we needed  2 runs a ball the dumb idiot was scoring less than that.

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #178 on: June 14, 2009, 08:13:31 PM »

Not sure why Raina is in the team - the guy just can't face a single short ball with any confidence.  they should have had Uthappa in his place.  Uthappa is far more complete batsman than this useless Raina who can only score runs on flat pitches against dibly doblers.
Joke of the day.Thanks for that

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #179 on: June 14, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »

Well.. we are out now..
India lost and to add insult to the injury you are stuck debating me which is not such a good idea.   As bad as it can get.  Go take a chill pill and relax for a while and comeback.

proloy

• Test Match Star
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2009, 08:19:04 PM »

Well, leaving aside his actual score of 25 of 35 balls, Ravindra Jadeja just isn't an international quality player. Any batsman may have a bad day, but in case of Jadeja, he just doesn't belong.

It's not the runs or the lack of them. It's how he gets them. The guy simply heaves his bat. Sometimes he also manages to connect and the ball flies off to someplace unknown. No matter whether the ball is on the leg-stump or the off-stump, no matter whether high or low, the only times he offered to hit, he tried to pull it. It's difficult to understand how this lad even got picked. And that this quality of a batsman gets selected shows what T20 is all about.

Compare that with Irfan Pathan. The guy is always underrated, but he bats in perfectly classical fashion, and can also score briskly. That he cooled his heels in the pavilion, while Jadeja had to play out the gallant act, shows that Dhoni didn't captain very well today.

Jadeja has no strokes. But he does have grimaces.

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2009, 08:20:19 PM »

Well.. we are out now..
India lost and to add insult to the injury you are stuck debating me which is not such a good idea.   As bad as it can get.  Go take a chill pill and relax for a while and comeback.

i tell you what

you take a chill pil and keep the anti-india sentiment out of this for a while; maybe you can stick to supporting DC for a while since that appeals to your parochial, one-sided view of life

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2009, 08:20:28 PM »

f u k fuk fuk

Yeah right. Which idiot promoted Jadeja in such a crucial match? Which idiot came ahead of Yusuf Pathan in the batting? Which idiot picked IS in the team? Which idiot  bowled IS 4 overs despite RPS bowling well today?

Like I said after the previous match, Dhoni should be sacked. He doesn't deseve a spot in the XI. Don't let that 30 of 20 fool you. That innings had 2 edged fours edged to third man and when we needed  2 runs a ball the dumb idiot was scoring less than that.
Hey...Hey...Wait a minute.  This is not India playing practice game/Warm ups or playing Ireland or playing a team stacked with spinners.  In all those conditions MSD will appear at the No. 3 spot.  Clearly today's match does not fit that conditions.  MSD went as per the script.  Why blame him for that?  He sent Jadeja and Raina the players who are there to fill up for their skipper's spot and bat around it.  How hard is it for you to understand.

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2009, 08:24:08 PM »

f u k fuk fuk

Hey...Hey...Wait a minute.  This is not India playing practice game/Warm ups or playing Ireland or playing a team stacked with spinners.  In all those conditions MSD will appear at the No. 3 spot.  Clearly today's match does not fit that conditions.  MSD went as per the script.  Why blame him for that?  He sent Jadeja and Raina the players who are there to fill up for their skipper's spot and bat around it.  How hard is it for you to understand.

same captain won us a world cup just 22 months ago mate

so let it be, sometimes you get a bad run, like DC did last time around; same team won ipl this time; if you see this line-up its not much different from last time, tam is built around yuvraj singh in the middle and GG at the top with RS and MSD playing maybe a lot of the strategy could be GK's who knows

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2009, 08:25:37 PM »

f u k fuk fuk

so let it be, sometimes you get a bad run, like DC did last time around; same team won ipl this time; if you see this line-up its not much different from last time, tam is built around yuvraj singh in the middle and GG at the top with RS and MSD playing maybe a lot of the strategy could be GK's who knows

22 months is a long time. His T20 batting has sucking for quite some time now..

WicketView

• Team of the Century
« Reply #185 on: June 14, 2009, 08:26:33 PM »

Well.. we are out now..

It was MSD's fault too.

When HS was caught in two minds weather to chuck or not on that particular ball which he does on a regular basis it is up to the skipper to clarify ahead of the delivery what he wants.  MSD did not seem to give clear instructions on that. Blame it on MSD partly.
Take a check of yourself Rams. Your rants are highly unbecoming of someone like you who actually understands the game. It is one thing to say you are not going to follow the T20 world cup, quite another to come on to these thread and throw all of these things. You can surely do much better than that.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #186 on: June 14, 2009, 08:28:50 PM »

f u k fuk fuk

Ofcourse he did.  What is your problem when I am having fun at someone else's cost.   I could care less for a 20-20 WC in general.  My beloved DC won the IPL and I am happy with that.  Now Dextrous is engaging someone in a petition drive to have DC region seperated out of India.  I would suggest the resident petiton driver GouravK to be engaged but as most know what he usually starts or says will fall flat on its face.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #187 on: June 14, 2009, 08:29:45 PM »

Well.. we are out now..

Rams, you can debate? About what? Monkeys?

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #188 on: June 14, 2009, 08:30:51 PM »

f u k fuk fuk

Ofcourse he did.  What is your problem when I am having fun at someone else's cost.   I could care less for a 20-20 WC in general.  My beloved DC won the IPL and I am happy with that.  Now Dextrous is engaging someone in a petition drive to have DC region seperated out of India.  I would suggest the resident petiton driver GouravK to be engaged but as most know what he usually starts or says will fall flat on its face.

go for a afetrnoon nap boss an indian loss is an indian loss, and if you cant understand it the way it is then sleep over it

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #189 on: June 14, 2009, 08:31:57 PM »

f u k fuk fuk

22 months is a long time. His T20 batting has sucking for quite some time now..

Most decent batsmen have a SR similar to Dhoni in this format of the game. Sure, he doesn't hit as many flash shots anymore but he's still more than good. And yeah, captaincy decisions backfire but sometimes they do well too. How many would give Joginder the ball for the last over?

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #190 on: June 14, 2009, 08:32:55 PM »

Well.. we are out now..

It was MSD's fault too.

Take a check of yourself Rams. Your rants are highly unbecoming of someone like you who actually understands the game. It is one thing to say you are not going to follow the T20 world cup, quite another to come on to these thread and throw all of these things. You can surely do much better than that.
WV:Why has it to be rants when someone wants to say things which they want and others do not want to see the fun side to it.  It is not my problem.  Sorry you feel that way but I cannot gaurantee each post of mine will be to everyone's liking.

proloy

• Test Match Star
« Reply #191 on: June 14, 2009, 08:34:04 PM »

This is not India playing practice game/Warm ups or playing Ireland or playing a team stacked with spinners.  In all those conditions MSD will appear at the No. 3 spot.  Clearly today's match does not fit that conditions.  MSD went as per the script.  Why blame him for that?  He sent Jadeja and Raina the players who are there to fill up for their skipper's spot and bat around it.  How hard is it for you to understand.

I'd say the skipper has to be cut some slack. He has to deal with a lot many things, and without a free mind one cannot give his best. Dhoni captains brilliantly on the field, and that alone should keep him in the side. And he usually contributes well with the bat too, though it's quite evident that he has lost his ability of big hitting. That much is quite plain. He doesn't seem to have any footwork either.

Having said that, the skipper's role is to get the job done through others. He has to pick the right horses and utilize them to the hilt. Dhoni failed to use his ammunition correctly today.

But the fact also remains that guys like Rohit Sharma, and to some extent Raina too, have been brought up in a monolithic slam-slam bang-bang atmosphere. It works when pitches are all batting friendly. But a change of conditions brings out the adequacies of these players, who are just not intelligent readers of the game. It's not just a question of a few failures. It looks more like they don't know what to do, how to drive the game. Gambhir, on the other hand, looks very much like one who understands that. It's unfortunate that he couldn't anchor the innings today.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:36:45 PM by proloy »

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #192 on: June 14, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »

Well put Proloy.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2009, 08:39:00 PM »

f u k fuk fuk

go for a afetrnoon nap boss an indian loss is an indian loss, and if you cant understand it the way it is then sleep over it
Sorry I do not always see it that way.  In a day of mega bucks and endorsements I am sure for most of these wins and losses does not matter that much to these players.  I would never equate sports with country and partiotism. Not even close.   So if it is anyone that needs time off it is you because as I believe it is past bed time in India.  So go get that sleep.  Besides this is a DG.  Let people say what they want especially if they do not like what they see.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2009, 08:44:19 PM »

Well.. we are out now..

Rams, you can debate? About what? Monkeys?
About Ganguly and his 4 of 14 stuff too if you want but then that is something beyond you.  No.

proloy

• Test Match Star
« Reply #195 on: June 14, 2009, 08:49:26 PM »

How many would give Joginder the ball for the last over?

Perhaps he tried the same trick today with Jadeja. But sorry, players who can't cut it, can't cut it. There is no substitute for quality. A few random strikes do not a cricketer make.

Joginder is nowhere to be seen after the last T20 WC. He's not even in any T20.

I'd pick a Sudeep Tyagi ahead of a Joginder Singh any day, even if he gets thrashed like paddy. It's an investment. Joginder Singhs and Ravindra Jadejas are chit-funds.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #196 on: June 14, 2009, 08:54:09 PM »

This is not India playing practice game/Warm ups or playing Ireland or playing a team stacked with spinners.  In all those conditions MSD will appear at the No. 3 spot.  Clearly today's match does not fit that conditions.  MSD went as per the script.  Why blame him for that?  He sent Jadeja and Raina the players who are there to fill up for their skipper's spot and bat around it.  How hard is it for you to understand.

I'd say the skipper has to be cut some slack. He has to deal with a lot many things, and without a free mind one cannot give his best. Dhoni captains brilliantly on the field, and that alone should keep him in the side. And he usually contributes well with the bat too, though it's quite evident that he has lost his ability of big hitting. That much is quite plain. He doesn't seem to have any footwork either.

Having said that, the skipper's role is to get the job done through others. He has to pick the right horses and utilize them to the hilt. Dhoni failed to use his ammunition correctly today.

But the fact also remains that guys like Rohit Sharma, and to some extent Raina too, have been brought up in a monolithic slam-slam bang-bang atmosphere. It works when pitches are all batting friendly. But a change of conditions brings out the adequacies of these players, who are just not intelligent readers of the game. It's not just a question of a few failures. It looks more like they don't know what to do, how to drive the game. Gambhir, on the other hand, looks very much like one who understands that. It's unfortunate that he couldn't anchor the innings today.
Actually I like MSD.  But he can be wrong too and it is very evident the way he led in the IPL and here in this WC.

I am not sure how many CSK games you have seen but I have seen quite a bit of them.  To me again it is my read.  He should not be batting at 3 in 20-20 cricket.   Raina did exceedingly well in the IPL in majority of the games.  There is no way anyone in world cricket in any circumstance will send MSD ahead of SR in a 20-20 game if they were the skipper.

The bottom line is if the skipper makes all the right moves and still you lose there is something called giving the other team the credit which most will gladly do.  I am not sure if MSD did that in this WC and in the IPL.

Part of my post you responded to was in sarcasm and part truth which I hope have clarified here.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #197 on: June 14, 2009, 09:03:56 PM »

I am sure someone already said this and may be a few of them actually.

It is about time MSD evaluate himself.

Some of his moves reek of arrogance and also the way he addressess of his players in post match conferences.

Bunch of us were the first to go gaga over him when he got us the results.

I sure can see based on some of his moves why this WC campaign ended the way it did.

No matter what IMO Ojha should have been played in the XI as the first choice spinner.  Period. 

MSD himself should not have batted ahead of SR, YS and YP.  Period.

Bottom line is if he cannot come to grips with himself he will slip and with the way things shape up in Indian cricket the knives will be out.

proloy

• Test Match Star
« Reply #198 on: June 14, 2009, 09:08:49 PM »

Raina did exceedingly well in the IPL in majority of the games.  There is no way anyone in world cricket in any circumstance will send MSD ahead of SR in a 20-20 game if they were the skipper.

Dhoni has clarified that it was probably a piece of distracting tactics. He wanted other teams to be kept from creating a strategy. To that extent, going at No 3 against Bangladesh and Ireland is not so bad. It's not based on cricketing merits. It's off-field tactics.

Raina played himself out in IPL. It always happens that if you played your best before the stage is set, you'll run out of gas when the real show begins. Playing for your club, and playing for your country, are as similar as day and night. Raina has talent. But not much of mind. You have to start scratchily, and hit pay dirt in the second half. That's how Pakistan won the World Cup. If you are in too good form before it starts to matter, on D-days you'll be found quite wanting.

Yuvraj looked like the only player today who believed that a win was on the cards. He should have been utilized better. He is the attack man. You use him to destroy your opposition. You can't leave him for doing a clean up job. That's what the other players are for. The clean-up job best suits Dhoni, who has a cool head, which is of supreme importance in such conditions.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 09:13:45 PM by proloy »

WicketView

• Team of the Century
« Reply #199 on: June 14, 2009, 09:09:10 PM »

Well.. we are out now..

It was MSD's fault too.

WV:Why has it to be rants when someone wants to say things which they want and others do not want to see the fun side to it.  It is not my problem.  Sorry you feel that way but I cannot gaurantee each post of mine will be to everyone's liking.
Rams: Rants have nothing to do with lilkeability. A perfectly correct, analytic argument may reach conclusions that are not liked by some. On the other hand, your posts are not following logic ... neither are they in context of the thread. And if any of this was intended as humour, may I remind you that even good jokes become stale if repeated too many times.

I would not think of requesting anyone to write posts I like. If you go back read all the posts and honestly (this is the hard part) feel that they are the kind of posts you really like, then I have no arguments with you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up