Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: T20 WC - Ind vs Eng - S8 match  (Read 21406 times)

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
T20 WC - Ind vs Eng - S8 match
« on: June 13, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »

do or die..

I would replace IS with PK (he will pick wickets for us with his swing), HS with RPS(RPS will pick wickets with his seam bowling .. HS has been a container and others can do that job) and IKP with KKD ..

PK, RPS, ZK, PO + RS/SR/YS/YP is a better bowling attack.

RS,GG,SR,YS,YP,KKD,MSD is a better batting line up
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

poondu

• Team of the Century
Re: T20 WC - Ind vs Eng - S8 match
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »

I think it is going to be same team tomorrow. One change may be Jadeja coming in place of Ojha.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 06:17:58 PM »

replacing PO will be stupid.

Also, we should bowl first if we win toss
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 06:20:48 PM »

I know, but MSD is stupid.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 06:26:22 PM »

I think it is going to be same team tomorrow. One change may be Jadeja coming in place of Ojha.
He is the best spinner in the country at the moment atleast at a minimum better than the chuckster IMO HS.  So though I know that may still happen given the way the selections work in Indian cricket if that surely happens I will be rooting for India to lose as a protest for not selecting the better players but getting carried away by personal preferences.  And worse I may ask GK to wholeheartedly give a thumbs up for an Indian victory.  That will normally ensure the desired result. :)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 06:33:41 PM by ramshorns »

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 06:35:00 PM »

LOL......

gouravk

• Team of the Century
  • Which way will this ball swing ?
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »

indeed he is. it was stupid to bow in to public pressure and send in raina at 3.
...Tvameva Vidya Dravidam Tvameva ... Tvameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva !!

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 06:51:46 PM »

He is the best spinner in the country at the moment atleast at a minimum better than the chuckster IMO HS.  So though I know that may still happen given the way the selections work in Indian cricket if that surely happens I will be rooting for India to lose as a protest for not selecting the better players but getting carried away by personal preferences.  And worse I may ask GK to wholeheartedly give a thumbs up for an Indian victory.  That will normally ensure the desired result. :)
Wow..so much for supporting a team winning!. On top of that Ojha is not even from AP let alone from Hyd!Isn't he from Orissa ?

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 06:57:24 PM »

do or die..

I would replace IS with PK (he will pick wickets for us with his swing), HS with RPS(RPS will pick wickets with his seam bowling .. HS has been a container and others can do that job) and IKP with KKD ..

Oh come now ... Is that the Hyderabadi thing to diss Bhajji? I am not a big fan of his ... but this is T20 ... u need containing bowlers. If a bowler can bowl 4 for under 30 and be counted on hitting a few lusty blows ... I want him in my team. I will pick him before Ojha (I would pick both). Ojha was expensive last game .... we need a bowler who can keep the runs down. Thats his role. He kept Gayle down for a full over ... and was a huge contributor to his wicket.

You will rarely get a team all out ... so you need bowlers who can contain.
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 07:20:21 PM »

do or die..

Oh come now ... Is that the Hyderabadi thing to diss Bhajji? I am not a big fan of his ... but this is T20 ... u need containing bowlers. If a bowler can bowl 4 for under 30 and be counted on hitting a few lusty blows ... I want him in my team. I will pick him before Ojha (I would pick both). Ojha was expensive last game .... we need a bowler who can keep the runs down. Thats his role. He kept Gayle down for a full over ... and was a huge contributor to his wicket.

agree..it would be stupid to leave Bhajji out.  Also I would replace IKP with PK and rest of the team remains same. Jadeja can be in place of PO if we need someone similar RWD Merve of SA.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 07:32:40 PM »

do or die..

CP:Go check the IPL stats and also this WC and see what the RPO difference is and look at the type of breakthroughs Ojha gets in comparision.  I could care less in certain situations where a player is from.  I wish you give people more credit than that.  If there is not much of a RPO difference I would pick a wicket taking bowler who can disrupt an innings by getting crucial breakthroughs and Ojha atleast based on what was on display this WC and through out IPL proved he is a better bet than HS.  Hope you see that POV.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 08:29:04 PM »

do or die..

CP:Go check the IPL stats and also this WC and see what the RPO difference is and look at the type of breakthroughs Ojha gets in comparision.  I could care less in certain situations where a player is from.  I wish you give people more credit than that.  If there is not much of a RPO difference I would pick a wicket taking bowler who can disrupt an innings by getting crucial breakthroughs and Ojha atleast based on what was on display this WC and through out IPL proved he is a better bet than HS.  Hope you see that POV.

point was more about Ojha than Hyderabad. You and WN know that :)

Point is that tight bowling is very important in T20. I would take a 0-24 over 3 or even 4 for 48. I said that before. I like Ojha and I think both Bhajji and PO should be in the team. But replacing Bhajji is silly. He is the best bowler in the lineup (for T20).

Wickets become more important in ODI's since more teams will get all out. It will be rare to get teams all out in T20. Heck even wicket taking bowlers will get 2-3 wickets at most (Ignore the freak incidents of 5 wickets or 4 wicket hauls). Most teams have 8 good hitters .... so there will still be hitters left. If these wicket takers turn out to be expensive then they havent done their job.

Today Gul was effective because  he gave just 5-6 runs and also the NZ team actually got all out. If he had gotten these wickets giving 45-50 runs then it would be not effective.

Ojha was expensive yesterday. If that was a one off game ... good ... and i said we should give him more chance. If he continues to be expensive then he wont fit in (despite wickets ). Its primary in T20 to be cheap. Wickets come second
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 09:05:37 PM »

do or die..

Point is that tight bowling is very important in T20. I would take a 0-24 over 3 or even 4 for 48. I said that before. I like Ojha and I think both Bhajji and PO should be in the team. But replacing Bhajji is silly. He is the best bowler in the lineup (for T20).

Wickets become more important in ODI's since more teams will get all out. It will be rare to get teams all out in T20. Heck even wicket taking bowlers will get 2-3 wickets at most (Ignore the freak incidents of 5 wickets or 4 wicket hauls). Most teams have 8 good hitters .... so there will still be hitters left. If these wicket takers turn out to be expensive then they havent done their job.

Today Gul was effective because  he gave just 5-6 runs and also the NZ team actually got all out. If he had gotten these wickets giving 45-50 runs then it would be not effective.

Ojha was expensive yesterday. If that was a one off game ... good ... and i said we should give him more chance. If he continues to be expensive then he wont fit in (despite wickets ). Its primary in T20 to be cheap. Wickets come second
That is exactly what it is.  We can never go by one game performances.  If you see IPL both economy and  wicket taking wise Ojha was better than HS.   I think we need to play both but if comes down to making a decision of going with one I would pick Ojha simply because he is a better bowler than HS even for 20-20.  I have at various times in numerous posts eloborated on Ojha's bowling.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 09:13:25 PM »

do or die..

That is exactly what it is.  We can never go by one game performances.  If you see IPL both economy and  wicket taking wise Ojha was better than HS.   I think we need to play both but if comes down to making a decision of going with one I would pick Ojha simply because he is a better bowler than HS even for 20-20.  I have at various times in numerous posts eloborated on Ojha's bowling.
Um, no. HS's economy rate was better. YOu surely remember this from the extended debate

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 09:29:56 PM »

do or die..

That is exactly what it is.  We can never go by one game performances.  If you see IPL both economy and  wicket taking wise Ojha was better than HS.   I think we need to play both but if comes down to making a decision of going with one I would pick Ojha simply because he is a better bowler than HS even for 20-20.  I have at various times in numerous posts eloborated on Ojha's bowling.
Um, no. HS's economy rate was better. YOu surely remember this from the extended debate
Get me and show me how much he was better than Ojha in the IPL regarding economy.

If you see the way Ojha bowled for a Winnning franchise it was thing of beauty.

The loop in his deliveries, varying of the pace, give the ball the air doing all this in a game where economy is of utmost importance is a thing of beauty.

Then add to that all the critical breakthrough's he got bowling the middle overs is what made him into a great 20-20 bowler and in the process the DC team won the cup.

Between the two Ojha is my pick as of now.

But I wish I can say similar things about HS who really and purposely chucks on occasions. :P

gouravk

• Team of the Century
  • Which way will this ball swing ?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 02:27:14 AM »

i would replace raina with jadeja.
...Tvameva Vidya Dravidam Tvameva ... Tvameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva !!

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 12:10:04 PM »

the only person who cant hold his place in the side is pathan I. pathan, and should be replaced by a genuine medium fast bowler like PK.

cmon dhoni you are going to win this one and the cup best wishes  ::cheers::
there is more than meets the i

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 04:12:39 PM »

i am right partially

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 04:13:32 PM »

Ojha and IKP out... Jadeja and RP Singh in

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 04:13:34 PM »

PO and IKP out

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2009, 04:19:14 PM »

I will want England to win this.

I like Ravi Bopara a lot.

I will only get on India bandwagon if they make it to the final.

As we all know DC won the IPL and after all the IPL buzz there is no interest in the WC whatsoever as I can see.

May be if we lose this game I will bump up some DC threads and use that to get all the folks on the DG through the next few days. :)

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2009, 04:24:22 PM »

One DC guy replaces the other.   Rudra for Oj. :)

I just looked last night at the SF assault in the IPL by Gilly while chasing for DC.   The best 20-20 knock to date.  A chase of 160 settled in less than five overs.   As we all know DC just finished winning the IPL2 and the rich prize money that comes with it.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2009, 04:24:58 PM »

As we all know DC won the IPL and after all the IPL buzz there is no interest in the WC whatsoever as I can see.

May be if we lose this game I will bump up some DC threads and use that to get all the folks on the DG through the next few days. :)

I'm sure you're doing this to annoy the hell of everyone else on the DG. The question is, why? Boring June?

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 04:29:36 PM »

Why do Indians put their hands on heart during the national anthem now...is this something that was picked up from the Americans? Cannot remember this drama happening before

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2009, 04:30:02 PM »

I'm sure you're doing this to annoy the hell of everyone else on the DG. The question is, why? Boring June?
Why?  Hey I know for KKR fans like you who embrace mediocrity what do you know about celebrating I ask. :P

And there is an incentive here for me if some of the poeple get annoyed.  Atleast it is worth my time.

Anyway I am going out in a little bit.  So that is good for you HS fans to enjoy his chucking while I leave you all alone.  Enjoy. :)

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2009, 04:31:34 PM »

What do you have to say now?

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 04:33:39 PM »

What do you have to say now?

That should be a question for WN?

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 04:39:25 PM »

Haha, take that, Dhoni bashers.

Naseer was wondering why Dhoni needed a legslip...next thing we know, RPS delivers.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 04:42:05 PM »

Haha, take that, Dhoni bashers.

Naseer was wondering why Dhoni needed a legslip...next thing we know, RPS delivers.
::cheers:: ::cheers:: ::cheers::

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 04:42:19 PM »

DC guy strikes and showing to the rest who the daddy is.  RP Singh the purple cap from the IPL where he along with Nehra were the best seamers showing why he is so good?

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 04:43:57 PM »

Why?  Hey I know for KKR fans like you who embrace mediocrity what do you know about celebrating I ask. :P

And there is an incentive here for me if some of the poeple get annoyed.  Atleast it is worth my time.

Anyway I am going out in a little bit.  So that is good for you HS fans to enjoy his chucking while I leave you all alone.  Enjoy. :)
Rams, I'm not sure what has happened since I met you last, but you're more and more determined to get under peoples skin (like, here, you're trying to get under mine thinking I have any affinity whatsoever for KKR or harbhajan...but let me help you--I could really care less about IPL, DC, and KKR and my only interest in it was watching some specific players play and to get CV some publicity during the tournament. As far as Harbhajan goes..because you keep dragging him into irrelevant convos now, I like him only insofar as you spew maniacal stuff on this forum without any logic). I'm sorry to hear you're getting off annoying people and that's your purpose for posting on this forum. I'd mis-understood you; my apologies, now I know why you post here.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 04:44:42 PM »

I want Bopara to score big but the only caveat is I want him to leave RPS alone while doing good.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 04:47:51 PM »

RPS trying to send bouncers...comical!!

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 04:48:08 PM »

Rams, I'm not sure what has happened since I met you last, but you're more and more determined to get under peoples skin (like, here, you're trying to get under mine thinking I have any affinity whatsoever for KKR or harbhajan...but let me help you--I could really care less about IPL, DC, and KKR and my only interest in it was watching some specific players play and to get CV some publicity during the tournament. As far as Harbhajan goes..because you keep dragging him into irrelevant convos now, I like him only insofar as you spew maniacal stuff on this forum without any logic). I'm sorry to hear you're getting off annoying people and that's your purpose for posting on this forum. I'd mis-understood you; my apologies, now I know why you post here.
I did get manage to get under your skin afterall. :)

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 04:49:33 PM »

One DC guy replaces the other.   Rudra for Oj. :)

I just looked last night at the SF assault in the IPL by Gilly while chasing for DC.   The best 20-20 knock to date.  A chase of 160 settled in less than five overs.   As we all know DC just finished winning the IPL2 and the rich prize money that comes with it.
..and what is this got to do with this match.
sadly for you none of them ( both PO and RPS ) are not from Hyd. What a sad state of affair. DC win a tournament completely based on non Hyd players and some people never seem to get it!
time to move on..

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 04:51:00 PM »

Chasing is a bad choice IMO especially for a defending champion who has to win to remain in the tournament.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 04:51:41 PM »

Hmm, you did? I suppose you've got mediocre type of expectations.

I'm trying to explain to you, you're boring people to death here. That requires no special skills.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 04:52:54 PM »

but that  is the easiest thing to do, anyway. ask me! :D
try something creative, for a change.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 04:54:50 PM »

but that  is the easiest thing to do, anyway. ask me! :D
try something creative, for a change.

Is Deccan planning to break-away from India at all? Is there a petition I can sign for them?

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 04:54:56 PM »

Hmm, you did? I suppose you've got mediocre type of expectations.

I'm trying to explain to you, you're boring people to death here. That requires no special skills.
Really then why do you not post about Ganguly's 4 off 14 from the recent IPL.  That will get some interest back. :P
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up