Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Match Thread - KX1P Vs CSK  (Read 9681 times)

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool
Re: Match Thread - KX1P Vs CSK
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2009, 03:51:09 AM »

What's wrong with resting Hayden? CSK has already qualified!
thats ok, but why thushara?

well any team that gives away 190 the previous match is bound to look at changes it its bowling ..better to test these out before the knockout matches start - esp given that this one was an inconsequential one for them
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2009, 04:43:40 AM »

MSD will win this game by his team selection - something that WN found suspect.

At the time of toss, when asked, MSD said that he picked off spinner because KXIP had lot of left hand batsmen and off spinners would be a good counter for them. Seeing how Murali, Ashwin and Raina have bowled, his selection of Ashwin was bang on.
agree..but wasn't he the same bowler whom MSD did not bowl in one of the first matches.  ???

No. That was Jakati. And they won that match too. I dont see a problem with this. He goes to those bowlers, who he feels can do the job for them in those conditions.
wrong..check this
http://content.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/engine/match/392181.html
it was Ashwin and it was stupid of MSD not to bowl him and they lost the match too!

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2009, 04:50:00 AM »

well any team that gives away 190 the previous match is bound to look at changes it its bowling ..better to test these out before the knockout matches start - esp given that this one was an inconsequential one for them
thushara played because Albie was injured. So don't think MSD considers thushara to better than Albie. Ashwin was brought in because of the lefties in PKXI. Only Tyagi was "dropped".

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #83 on: May 21, 2009, 07:34:18 AM »

At the time of toss, when asked, MSD said that he picked off spinner because KXIP had lot of left hand batsmen and off spinners would be a good counter for them. Seeing how Murali, Ashwin and Raina have bowled, his selection of Ashwin was bang on.
agree..but wasn't he the same bowler whom MSD did not bowl in one of the first matches.  ???

No. That was Jakati. And they won that match too. I dont see a problem with this. He goes to those bowlers, who he feels can do the job for them in those conditions.
wrong..check this
it was Ashwin and it was stupid of MSD not to bowl him and they lost the match too!

Oh ok. Sorry, I thought it was the other match ..the first one where Jakati played but did not bowl.

I think even this one is ok. This was the match on the opening day ...I remember CSK appeared in control till the very end when Nayar went ballistic. I guess it takes time to gain confidence in a bowler and MSD had bowlers who have bowled in international cricket in his team.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #84 on: May 21, 2009, 07:35:55 AM »

thushara played because Albie was injured. So don't think MSD considers thushara to better than Albie. Ashwin was brought in because of the lefties in PKXI. Only Tyagi was "dropped".

maybe not as an allrounder ...but as a bowler?

anyway, i am sure if tushara had done very well here, he may have got a look in ahead of oram maybe in the knockout stage.

i wouldnt be surprised if he goes back to jakati and tyagi for the semis

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #85 on: May 21, 2009, 12:59:05 PM »

wrong..check this

Oh ok. Sorry, I thought it was the other match ..the first one where Jakati played but did not bowl.

I think even this one is ok. This was the match on the opening day ...I remember CSK appeared in control till the very end when Nayar went ballistic. I guess it takes time to gain confidence in a bowler and MSD had bowlers who have bowled in international cricket in his team.
sorry KIC. That's a very feeble excuse on behalf of MSD. Ashwin is first of all a bowler and he should have been tried if he in the match. In fact first match should have been the way to try..anyway Doesn't matter now :) Looks like MSD just forgot him

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #86 on: May 21, 2009, 04:36:07 PM »

wrong..check this

sorry KIC. That's a very feeble excuse on behalf of MSD. Ashwin is first of all a bowler and he should have been tried if he in the match. In fact first match should have been the way to try..anyway Doesn't matter now :) Looks like MSD just forgot him

I doubt he forgot him or Jakati, for that matter.

Gilly did not give Jaskaran Singh a bowl in the match the other day.

In both cases the skipper first went to bowlers he has seen do a job in international cricket - Dhoni, in particular, had quite a few with Flintoff, Oram and Morkel also in the mix as all-rounders. And they were doing the job till that one over from Flintoff to Nayar. 

Ditto for Gilly - he just did not need Jaskaran Singh as others like Suman, Rohit etc have done well in the past and were pulling their weight.

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #87 on: May 21, 2009, 05:16:32 PM »

wrong..check this

In both cases the skipper first went to bowlers he has seen do a job in international cricket - Dhoni, in particular, had quite a few with Flintoff, Oram and Morkel also in the mix as all-rounders. And they were doing the job till that one over from Flintoff to Nayar. 

Ditto for Gilly - he just did not need Jaskaran Singh as others like Suman, Rohit etc have done well in the past and were pulling their weight.
obviously no one was pulling their weight in that match which CSK lost ultimately.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #88 on: May 21, 2009, 05:49:52 PM »

wrong..check this

obviously no one was pulling their weight in that match which CSK lost ultimately.

Actually not. It was the bowler you would have expected not to fail you who really pushed the match away from CSK - Flintoff. The others, including Jogi, did reasonably well.

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »

wrong..check this

Actually not. It was the bowler you would have expected not to fail you who really pushed the match away from CSK - Flintoff. The others, including Jogi, did reasonably well.
actually yes. Why would you have a bowler in the team and not give him at least one over. I can understand if he was hit all over the ground in one over but not giving him a chance at all is ridiculous.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2009, 06:11:30 PM »

wrong..check this

actually yes. Why would you have a bowler in the team and not give him at least one over. I can understand if he was hit all over the ground in one over but not giving him a chance at all is ridiculous.

Yeah ..picking him in the team was a mistake. But not bowling him when the others were doing well was not. It was just a problem of plenty.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up