Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPL 2009 - DC vs KKR - Key match for DC  (Read 13884 times)

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
Re: IPL 2009 - DC vs KKR - Key match for DC
« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2009, 06:33:54 PM »

:blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6:  :blob9: :blob8: :blob9: :blob9: :blob9: :blob8: :blob7: :blob6: :blob5: :blob3: :blob10: :blob6: :blob7: :blob8: :blob9: :blob9: :blob8: :blob7: :blob6: :blob5: :blob3: :blob10: :blob10: :blob3: :blob6: :blob7: :blob8: :blob9: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :blob7: :blob6: :blob3: :blob10: :blob1: :blob10: :blob5: :blob6: :blob7: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :blob8: :blob7: :blob6: :blob5: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:

CLR James

• Team of the Century
« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2009, 06:35:47 PM »

This team will never win. More than a quarter million dollars for Mortaza. I would have done better.

sudzz

• Team of the Century
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2009, 06:37:47 PM »

This team will never win. More than a quarter million dollars for Mortaza. I would have done better.

Indeed you would have....

12th_Man

• Team of the Century
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2009, 06:38:37 PM »

They have this uncanny ability in finding and playing talent  >:D

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2009, 06:39:51 PM »

Actually, it wasn't Mortaza's fault.
Things are just not going the KKR way...this time.

And, it has much to do with all the unnecessary drama that happenned before the tournament started

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2009, 06:41:39 PM »

The more KKR loses, the more I am getting angry at Naan and SRK >:(

sudzz

• Team of the Century
« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2009, 06:42:26 PM »

What did SRK do?

Oh ok got it.....

12th_Man

• Team of the Century
« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2009, 06:48:27 PM »

What did SRK do?

Oh ok got it.....

Gave Bhookha the power to order naan in a remote elluru(SIndian) town. 

flamy

• Under 19 Player
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2009, 06:51:18 PM »

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2009, 06:51:46 PM »

THAT IS OUT - SG was obstructing the field. Come on!!
i agree. WTF was he doing..

Coming up later in this thread : Kban's essay on nuances of why SG was not out ;D
I can say that in one sentence. it is umpire's fault and SG was playing within his rights

And I agree with that. He did what he had to do. Took a chance. Paid off. Maybe the umpire was not in the best position to judge and decided to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Whatever ....umpire gave him not out ...he is not out. End of story.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2009, 06:52:08 PM »

Any team that has an Agarkar in their mix should lose.  That is the rule of thumb.  Don't want to hear about that one good over he bowled.

Hussey's cameo is what gave some respectability to the KKR team after Ganguly royally messed it up for them with a 6 over 33 with the bat.

I am glad Rohit's brilliance and out of the world finish in the end pulled it off for the DC team and finally won a close game for them.

McCullum led well the best he could and showed a lot of emotion and character out there.  I am sure KKR looks very closely before letting him go as captain.   One thing they should never do is bring Ganguly back as captain who by the day is showing he does not belong on the 20-20 field be it his batting which is very scrathy and terrible running between the wickets.  There were atleast twice I have seen him miss out on easy two's and immediately after he was gone Hussey-Hodge did show how to run hard for the team.

And finally great win for my beloved DC.   Rohit you are the man today and this is what we need of you being the team VC.   Great stuff indeed. ::cheers::
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 06:54:20 PM by ramshorns »

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2009, 06:52:55 PM »

Forget KKR. Lets talk about Tirumalasetty Suman.

I think he is a player. Good catch, Rams.

I hope he does not get lost in the domestic circuit. The kid has definite talent.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2009, 06:53:50 PM »

Any team that has an Agarkar in their mix should lose.  That is the rule of thumb.  Don't want to hear about that one good over he bowled.

Hussey's cameo is what gave some respectability to the KKR team after Ganguly royally messed it up for them with a 6 over 33 with the bat.

I am glad Rohit's brilliance and out of the world finish in the end pulled it off for the DC team and finally won a close game for them.

McCullum led well the best he could and showed a lot of emotion and character out there.  I am sure KKR looks very closely before letting him go as captain.   One thing they should never do is bring Ganguly back as captain who by the day is showing he does not belong on the 20-20 field be it his batting which is very scrathy and a terrible running between the wickets.  There were atleast twice I have seen him miss out on easy two's and immediately after he was gone Hussey-Hodge did show how to run hard for the team.

And finally great win for my beloved DC.   Rohit you are the man today and this is what we need of you being the team VC.   Great stuff indeed. ::cheers::

Dont forget one T Suman. He provided the momentum earlier. Very impressive.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »

prediction leaguers...please see updated scores...some of you may have to re-enter tomorrows matches...all until the end have been ended

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2009, 06:56:49 PM »

McCullum led well the best he could and showed a lot of emotion and character out there.  I am sure KKR looks very closely before letting him go as captain.   One thing they should never do is bring Ganguly back as captain who by the day is showing he does not belong on the 20-20 field be it his batting which is very scrathy and a terrible running between the wickets.  There were atleast twice I have seen him miss out on easy two's and immediately after he was gone Hussey-Hodge did show how to run hard for the team.

And finally great win for my beloved DC.   Rohit you are the man today and this is what we need of you being the team VC.   Great stuff indeed. ::cheers::

Dont forget one T Suman. He provided the momentum earlier. Very impressive.
There is a reason why he playing in the place of an off-color VVS.  And I am glad he showed he belonged there and keep the veteran out which is what this game is all about.  Making use of the chances given.   I am mighty impressed with him needless to say. ::cheers::
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 06:59:46 PM by ramshorns »

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2009, 07:46:32 PM »

mccullum can only blame himself by having mr $600k (who i still rate highly. unfair to tear him apart for 1 bad over. i have seen vettori lose a match to yusuf this season with a 19 run over, as well as mendis. there are numerous other examples.
anyway, IMO mashrafe is a good death bowler, gives the ball a thwack, and fields well too) have to bowl 7 balls in the last over.

from his animated manner though, maybe the umpire fkd up. who knows.

rohit was way too good after that. scoring 16 off the last over is a lot less imposing than 21.
its the difference of HAVING to make 2 big hits vs 1 big hit in the first 3 balls, to bring your heart rate down a tad
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

WicketView

• Team of the Century
« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2009, 11:34:39 PM »

Wow ... looks like a lot of drama.

First time in captaincy for which McCullum has distinguished himself from the normal average guys.

Rohit Sharma !!!! Shows again just what he is capable of. If only he keeps this up.

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #137 on: May 17, 2009, 12:48:58 AM »

Coming up later in this thread : Kban's essay on nuances of why SG was not out ;D
I can say that in one sentence. it is umpire's fault and SG was playing within his rights

On the other hand, I didnt expect any better from you.

you can only rise to the level (or lack thereof) of your understanding of cricket -- projecting your own frailties (this DG is testimony to your littany of motivated lies against certain people and your blind defense of others) onto others fits you.
i will let WN handle it because it is not clear whether this tirade directed against me or WN.
If you are responding to me ..I was being serious. It is umpire mistake not interpret correctly. SG was playing 'winning/scoring at all cost' game ( natural for him but disgraceful to others and rightly so!)  out there and I wouldn't blame him entirely.
Obviously your tainted glass does not allow you to comment on an incident in isolation and also does not allow you to accept that your 'hero' is fallible too and does not allow others to comment on it. have fun defending that ::)

Rubbish

I didnt defend SG -- that is your assumption. The same assumption that is the mother of all S c r e w ups.

SG was out, pure and simple. It was pathetic of him to start running slowly and then throw up his hand to try to deflect the ball from hitting his ribs. It does not matter what his motivation was for stopping that ball --according to the rules of the game, he should have been given out, obstructing the field. The umpire messed up.

The above is my opinion, not what you tried to project as mine.

Which is exactly why my post  about you the poster stands. My post did not exonerate Ganguly, my response expressed my opinion that such BS predicated on malicious assumptions is consistent with your posting behavior on this DG --Because that is the level of mediocrity around which your understanding of cricket hovers.

Which is why your post did not surprise me --you only lived up to what was expected of you.
what in my post prompted you come out with outburst ? I remember a story about a thief who tried to wash off his evidence  ;D May be first you have to think about that. Instead of all that nonsense talking about my prejudices may be you could have simply said that you agree with what I have written.

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #138 on: May 17, 2009, 12:52:05 AM »

Not good for BRC at all  :(  What a heartbreaking way to lose. KKR on their way to become the first team not to win a single match in the entire tournament .may be which may never be matched in future!

SG's batting was a big disppointment. If he is playing he can bat at #4 or #5 and not before that. I also wonder SG could have been given that last over instead of Mortaza

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #139 on: May 17, 2009, 03:12:26 AM »

:blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6:  :blob9: :blob8: :blob9: :blob9: :blob9: :blob8: :blob7: :blob6: :blob5: :blob3: :blob10: :blob6: :blob7: :blob8: :blob9: :blob9: :blob8: :blob7: :blob6: :blob5: :blob3: :blob10: :blob10: :blob3: :blob6: :blob7: :blob8: :blob9: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :blob7: :blob6: :blob3: :blob10: :blob1: :blob10: :blob5: :blob6: :blob7: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :cya: :blob8: :blob7: :blob6: :blob5: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8: :blob8:
Ha ha ha.. had to go to a couple of Saturday birthday parties in the middle of the game.. but just saw the replay.

Infreggincredible.

Rohit Sharma - what a player - 2 MOMs for him.

DC, this year, are winning the close ones.

Also, the biggest lesson of last year has been implemented - VVS, a great test player, does not belong in this format.

Suman has been quite a find.

We need to fix our second Indian fast bowler problem.. Harmeet was a disaster today, Maqsusi the other day. I would still go for Maqsusi.

WOOOOOOO HOOOOO.. What a finish. IPL ROCKS. DC ROCK!!!!!!
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #140 on: May 17, 2009, 03:23:54 AM »

:blob10: :blob1: :blob10: :blob1: :blob1:  :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob6: :blob6: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7: :blob7:

Let me share with you, your celebration!
This is much healthier than the strings of malice attached. ::cheers::

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2009, 03:33:47 AM »

Rams, Do you still want Rohit out ?
Not after today.  I am known to be pleased easily. :)

Rohit showed his range of strokes in that last over under pressure a mark of a great player.  I want him to show the desperation each time he takes the field.

This innings is one of the best this IPL and the best last over finish given DC needed 21 runs in the final over and RS finished it in style.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2009, 03:34:58 AM »

QUIT BEING AN A S S

I am not a moron and despite your repeated and consistent attempts to depict my arguments as being blinded by some weird devotion to Ganguly for whatever regional /parochial reason, I understand the game well enough not to make such a moronic pronouncement or defend something that is not worth defending.

Frankly, I expected a lot better from you than this brand of low, below the belt potshots.

Sir.. the intent of the post was not as ominous as you have taken it to be.

First of all, apologies if you took this as attack on your cricketing knowhow and/or parochial nature of your support for SG- never did I mean it to be that way...and I (and imo, the entire DG) know your cricket knowledge is superb - it is broad and deep.

Kban - whether you like it or not, you do have a tendency to support SG even in sometimes absurd situations. When I saw the incident this morning the first thing that came to my mind was your defence of SG from last year's IPL game involving Warne (I do not remember the detailed specifics at this point but I do remember that it was cut-n-dry that SG was wrong ) wherein I remember you coming up with all kinds of povs (nuances, if you will) defending that behavior. I will not and do not want to speculate on the reasons for why you did that  (I know it was not parochial) .. but you did it.

Personally, I feel match thread is a medium that simulates the environment of bunch of fans/friends watching the game (in the living room)while chit-chatting/commenting on the game while having fun with each other...and occassional leg pulling (not the tedious, repetitive kind) is part of the fun.

I will be honest with you, at that moment in the game, when SG stretched his hand.. the first thought that came to my mind was last year's incident and another long debate where-in you were going to defend SG' action .. and so I posted it right away -  it was mostly meant to be in humor and I was pulling your leg in the usual manner utilizing your well-known tendency to write long posts.

Sorry again.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #143 on: May 17, 2009, 03:45:50 AM »

QUIT BEING AN A S S

I am not a moron and despite your repeated and consistent attempts to depict my arguments as being blinded by some weird devotion to Ganguly for whatever regional /parochial reason, I understand the game well enough not to make such a moronic pronouncement or defend something that is not worth defending.

Frankly, I expected a lot better from you than this brand of low, below the belt potshots.

First of all, apologies if you took this as attack on your cricketing knowhow and/or parochial nature of your support for SG- never did I mean it to be that way...and I (and imo, the entire DG) know your cricket knowledge is superb - it is broad and deep.

Kban - whether you like it or not, you do have a tendency to support SG even in sometimes absurd situations. When I saw the incident this morning the first thing that came to my mind was your defence of SG from last year's IPL game involving Warne (I do not remember the detailed specifics at this point but I do remember that it was cut-n-dry that SG was wrong ) wherein I remember you coming up with all kinds of povs (nuances, if you will) defending that behavior. I will not and do not want to speculate on the reasons for why you did that  (I know it was not parochial) .. but you did it.

Personally, I feel match thread is a medium that simulates the environment of bunch of fans/friends watching the game (in the living room)while chit-chatting/commenting on the game while having fun with each other...and occassional leg pulling (not the tedious, repetitive kind) is part of the fun.

I will be honest with you, at that moment in the game, when SG stretched his hand.. the first thought that came to my mind was last year's incident and another long debate where-in you were going to defend SG' action .. and so I posted it right away -  it was mostly meant to be in humor and I was pulling your leg in the usual manner utilizing your well-known tendency to write long posts.

Sorry again.
WN:-  When I read your post in the match thread in the morning I felt it was an act of leg pulling than anything else.   I fully see the earnestness in the explantion here regarding that.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #144 on: May 17, 2009, 03:47:15 AM »

Rohit showed his range of strokes in that last over under pressure a mark of a great player.  I want him to show the desperation each time he takes the field.

This innings is one of the best this IPL and the best last over finish given DC needed 21 runs in the final over and RS finished it in style.

You know the best part of his batting in that last over - NONE, I repeat NONE, of his shots were slogs.. they were all proper cricketing shots.

That extra-cover drive for 4 was simply brilliant - and that was a GOOD ball. To me that was the shot of the match. He threaded the needle there.

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #145 on: May 17, 2009, 03:48:36 AM »

what in my post prompted you come out with outburst ?

Your sarcastic response to WN's comment -- let me refresh your memory:

from WN --Coming up later in this thread : Kban's essay on nuances of why SG was not out   ;D

from ganavk --

I remember a story about a thief who tried to wash off his evidence  ;D  May be first you have to think about that.

Yes, I am sure you will remember many a story to exonerate yourself and wash your hands. Not surprising though that even in the midst of an action where you assumed (wrongly) and then accused (sarcastically), and now have been proven wrong, you are still trying to use parables / stories to somehow indicate that its all my fault.

Pathetic!! A person with a minimal sense of honor would have said sorry for the wrong assumption, sorry for the sarcastic accusation.

Instead of all that nonsense talking about my prejudices may be you could have simply said that you agree with what I have written.

Your prejudices are there for all to see. You have made several unsubstantiated comments on this DG in the past and then run away when confronted with not a single word of retraction or acknowledgement. So calling out the prejudices in your posting pattern is right on the money, especially when you sit here and pass sarcastic comments about me.

I fail to see why I should restrict my comments to SG's stupidity when you are the one who is taking an assumptive, sacracstic dig at me.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #146 on: May 17, 2009, 03:50:29 AM »

You know the best part of his batting in that last over - NONE, I repeat NONE, of his shots were slogs.. they were all proper cricketing shots.

That extra-cover drive for 4 was simply brilliant - and that was a GOOD ball. To me that was the shot of the match. He threaded the needle there.
I agree.  That is what I felt as well.  It was a special shot to a ball taking it on the rise and placing it to perfection.   To do it in that stage of the match is mind boggling.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #147 on: May 17, 2009, 04:01:35 AM »

Agarkar has met his soulmate :notworthy:
;D ;D
COMMENT OF THE WEEK!!!

..and unfortunately for KKR, the soulmates play for their team ;D

--
This is harsh on Mortaza but poor guy - I match he plays and becomes the dog of the game ;D

RicePlateReddy

• Team of the Century
  • Chamat song
« Reply #148 on: May 17, 2009, 04:06:11 AM »

;D ;D
COMMENT OF THE WEEK!!!

--
This is harsh on Mortaza but poor guy - I match he plays and becomes the dog of the game ;D

That was a very apt comment. And Mortaza surely needs some ear twisting for that outrageous last over.
I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. - (thanks, Hugh Gallagher)

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #149 on: May 17, 2009, 04:14:36 AM »

WN:

Sorry again.

First of all, thanks for the explanation. It makes things lucid and I can see that it was intended as a joke from your end, even though I did not see it as such.

Second of all, an apology was not required (an explanation was enough). Your graciousness is quite refreshing.

Third -- and the reason I got upset was the assumption that you would think I would somehow argue that this was ok. Of course not -- he was an idiot, first for running slow, then for trying to avoid being hit by raising his hand. It is obstruction --per rules. DC had all rights to appeal and he should have been given out, but the umpire messed up.

I do find it odd that you thought this incident was comparable (in terms of being cut and dry and openness to debate) to the RR match from last year where the dispute was over whether the ball was caught cleanly in the outfield. The debate was over whether SG asking the umpire's opinion wrt to the legitimacy of the catch was dissent / influencing the umpire or something within his rights as long as he was not influencing the umpire.

You are free to check the past threads as well as the match clip -- the catch was debatable, and so was the interpretation of whether SG was guilty of dissent / influencing the umpire. In that instance you and I had different ideas about whether SG was influencing the umpire or had the right to ask a question. That hardly meant your POV was the established standard and mine (and there were others who argued my point) the absurd justification.

More importantly, looking at it from another standpoint, had SG not been the person in question in that incident, would you have thought that my argument was predicated on my absurd defence of a "favorite" player ? - assuming that you would have deemed my argument as full of "absurd nuances" in the first place ?

I know you would say that had it not been SG, kban wouold not have made that argument (that is the unspoken part) but

when it is SG (and there have been enough reasons why he has been in the controversial spotlight) the argument has been that why doesn't kban take up the cases of other players with equal fervor ?

And when such other players' cases have come up (infrequent but still) such as SRT's batting (Multan 194), VVS & AK (inclusion from ODI squad), RD (the argument for keeping him a rope to help him find his feet amidst a form slump), and I have argued the same in their favor,

I dont seem to have heard this line of argument about absurd support for a "favorite" player even though some of my POVs contrasted with others drastically.

This is an interesting point  -- a point of perception that is worth thinking of, dont you think ?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 04:17:09 AM by kban1 »

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2009, 04:23:08 AM »

;D ;D
COMMENT OF THE WEEK!!!

--

That was a very apt comment. And Mortaza surely needs some ear twisting for that outrageous last over.
He has his blame to share.. but I think you are discounting RS' skills and that first ball no-ball was simply not his fault.

BTW, who was that idiot who did not walk into the circle on time. That was kindergarten stuff. Poor McCullum was gutted and took it all on the umps - wrongly and imo, should get disciplined for that.

RicePlateReddy

• Team of the Century
  • Chamat song
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2009, 04:44:42 AM »

;D ;D
COMMENT OF THE WEEK!!!

--

He has his blame to share.. but I think you are discounting RS' skills and that first ball no-ball was simply not his fault.

BTW, who was that idiot who did not walk into the circle on time. That was kindergarten stuff. Poor McCullum was gutted and took it all on the umps - wrongly and imo, should get disciplined for that.

C'mon WN - not to take the sheen off the cool show by Rohit but Mortaza bowled like an idiot. Second ball (third if you count the no ball) was average at best, next ball that gave Rohit  his first six was a full toss. Then he bowled a wide. And the first ball which the ump called a no ball was also a full toss.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 04:47:18 AM by ShortSquatLeg »
I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. - (thanks, Hugh Gallagher)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up