Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPL 2009 - Match 35 (DD vs MI)  (Read 9612 times)

poondu

• Team of the Century
Re: IPL 2009 - Match 35 (DD vs MI)
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2009, 04:58:01 AM »

I think SRT should forget about captaining and just focus on his cricket. That would  then leave just Dhoni and Sehwag from the original list of ,( what were they called I forget the name), of players who were supposed to be, (what were they supposed to be?) the shining lights of their teams.

Dhoni's not an icon player for CSK, I think.
He is.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool
« Reply #121 on: May 11, 2009, 07:25:27 AM »

I think SRT should forget about captaining and just focus on his cricket. That would  then leave just Dhoni and Sehwag from the original list of ,( what were they called I forget the name), of players who were supposed to be, (what were they supposed to be?) the shining lights of their teams.

Dhoni's not an icon player for CSK, I think.
He is.

He is not ...in the technical sense of the term ..i.e. one who cannot be transferred and gets some 1.25 x the highest paid player.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #122 on: May 11, 2009, 07:29:51 AM »

After this pathetic performance by the MI may be KIC can come up with some nice combinations to see them through the SF. ;)
;D
I was thinking the same.. he has figured out all the combinations that will be needed for other teams for MI to succeed but forgot the basic thing - MI will have to win one game some time ;D

I am sure he will present a scenario later today on how MI will make it to SF without winning a game, as long as KKR keeps pulling upsets ;D

I still stick with the same that I mentioned earlier.

The game against DD was not as important as the ones against BRC, KXIP and RR. Of course, it would have been great to win ...but DD is out of reach anyway.

We have won against BRC. If we win against KXIP and RR, we need KKR to create a few upsets and we should be in with a shout. If not, we'll make a do or die effort in our last match against DD.

But, if we lose to KXIP or RR, I think it is over ..because then those teams we are trying to knock off the fourth slot will take a bigger lead.

DC is the other team that can be knocked off ..but we cant do anything about it because both our matches against them are done.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2009, 07:35:21 AM »

Is it time for Mumbai to get more captains?

So much for the "great cricketing brain".  ;D To be fair, he hasn't fared this poorly in his bowling prior.

15.6   Tendulkar to de Villiers, 1 run, flighted on middle, driven past the bowler down to long-on for a single, 19 off the over, failed gamble
15.5   Tendulkar to de Villiers, FOUR, absolutely terrible, Mumbai have squandered a good few overs here, short on the off, enough time for de Villiers to rock back and bludgeon that wide of deep midwicket
15.4   Tendulkar to de Villiers, no run, long hop again, was lucky it kept low, got an underedge wide of the keeper
15.3   Tendulkar to de Villiers, FOUR, poor, short, rank long hop on middle, the offspinner again, pulled away into the same gap for a boundary, the Mumbai captain has thrown it away
15.2   Tendulkar to de Villiers, SIX, that'll do it even more, poor ball, full toss on middle, smashed away over the deep-midwicket boundary, the decisive bowling change
15.1   Tendulkar to de Villiers, FOUR, superb shot, tossed up outside off, gets to the pitch and flicks it away between long-on and deep midwicket for a boundary, that'll relieve the pressure a little
This was a bone head decision,  considering they needed to add more pressure rather giving DV oppurtunity.

that was the time to get malinga back on for his final over. even dhawal Kulkarni had one up his sleeve ..and he had bowled well too.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #124 on: May 13, 2009, 08:41:22 PM »

Game over.. facile win.

MI done and dusted in this IPL.

Who will SRT get angry at this time?

He He ... and you say we analysts jump up and down to conclusions at any single piece of information / event :D ;D :D

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #125 on: May 13, 2009, 08:52:01 PM »

Game over.. facile win.

He He ... and you say we analysts jump up and down to conclusions at any single piece of information / event :D ;D :D
Are they in the semi finals, yet ???
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #126 on: May 13, 2009, 09:22:34 PM »

Game over.. facile win.

Are they done and dusted??? :D

I see only one person drawing conclusions anywhere on this issue & that is not me - one datapoint or many ;D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:24:10 PM by keep-it-cool »

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #127 on: May 13, 2009, 09:57:07 PM »

Game over.. facile win.

I see only one person drawing conclusions anywhere on this issue & that is not me - one datapoint or many ;D
It was not one data point.. it was an almost mid-point assessment and given what they had to accomplish for the rest of the tournament .. and hence the statement.

--
are you trying to get under my skin?  if you are, keep trying - dex, kban, blwe maybe easier targets ;D
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2009, 04:54:28 AM »

Game over.. facile win.

It was not one data point.. it was an almost mid-point assessment and given what they had to accomplish for the rest of the tournament .. and hence the statement.

--
are you trying to get under my skin?  if you are, keep trying - dex, kban, blwe maybe easier targets ;D

hehe ..and so was mine on the other thread ....a past mid-point assessment.

not trying to get under your skin ...i just somehow seem to develop an elephant's memory when things go my way :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up