Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPL Match Thread (DC vs MI) - Early contenders look for reassuring win  (Read 10158 times)

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

Wow, talk about committing harakiri .. unbelievable.

This is the second time, I think, they have done this..against KXIP too.
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

will be a tough chase. mumbai have had a hard time chasing.
Not really. other day BRC easily chased the same score against a much better bowling side ( MI). This DC bowling attack is not as good without Edwards and Ojha. By the way..did they drop Ojha or is there an injury ?

I think it should be an injury. It would be foolish to drop Ojha..
Injury.  If MI does not win this match I will be shocked.  Shell shocked actually.  They are atleast 25 runs short.  Gibbs failed and Gilly and RS never were able to press on.
You need to start having more faith in your team and more confidence in the opposition to screw up ;D

ramshorns

• Team of the Century

Good to see DC arrest the slide of losing three straight.

Their fielding and spirit is what has seen them through here.

It personifies Gilly.

He showed full faith in locals like Suman, Teja, Rao, Harmeet and Shoaib etc and they did not let him down.

This IPL is showing that if you show desperation it does not mean what your credentials are in your career.

In the end it is good to see VVS hug Gilly there.   Shows the class of the man.  It is all about team and wins I like when I see things like that on a cricket field.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century

will be a tough chase. mumbai have had a hard time chasing.
Not really. other day BRC easily chased the same score against a much better bowling side ( MI). This DC bowling attack is not as good without Edwards and Ojha. By the way..did they drop Ojha or is there an injury ?

I think it should be an injury. It would be foolish to drop Ojha..
Injury.  If MI does not win this match I will be shocked.  Shell shocked actually.  They are atleast 25 runs short.  Gibbs failed and Gilly and RS never were able to press on.
You need to start having more faith in your team and more confidence in the opposition to screw up ;D
Hushhhhhh....There is a secret to all that......

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

they should consider renaming themselves as "mumbai chokers" - or even - "mumbai jokers" !

mumbai indians was a daft name anyway

they have now made the #7 spot their own at least for a while  ::cheers:: ::cheers::
I thought you were petitioning for SRT to be selected in the Indian T20 side

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

Good to see DC arrest the slide of losing three straight.

Their fielding and spirit is what has seen them through here.

It personifies Gilly.

He showed full faith in locals like Suman, Teja, Rao, Harmeet and Shoaib etc and they did not let him down.

This IPL is showing that if you show desperation it does not mean what your credentials are in your career.

In the end it is good to see VVS hug Gilly there.   Shows the class of the man.  It is all about team and wins I like when I see things like that on a cricket field.
Suman is a good player.. he should have caught Duminy. Hopefully he is not hurt

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

Sachin is furious.. it shows.

gouravk

• Team of the Century
  • Which way will this ball swing ?

they should consider renaming themselves as "mumbai chokers" - or even - "mumbai jokers" !

they have now made the #7 spot their own at least for a while  ::cheers:: ::cheers::
i was. so ?
...Tvameva Vidya Dravidam Tvameva ... Tvameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva !!

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

one of Harmeet or Shoaib has to lift their game ..for DC to proceed far.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

RS MOM.. the Mumbai boy gets the Indians

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

Interesting matchups tomorrow..

Royals playing each other and then the Kings ;D

ramshorns

• Team of the Century

I am very happy with the win :).

This DC team will surely get an upgrade when Symmo joins them this weekend.  It is confirmed he will play the last six games if not five for sure.

I think eventually bowling is an issue but the way this team is fielding it makes up for it a little bit.   That is what makes the difference in winning the close games.

I still think Gilly's spirit and leadership just like Warne's in showing faith in all these unknown players will get the best out of them and make them into believers.  That is always dangerous for the opponents.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century

Such uncomfortable questions are not to be asked. :)

gouravk

• Team of the Century

it is not a question. it is an expression of thought. and i dont understand what kind of response it is expected to draw.

WicketView

• Team of the Century

whoa ... thi tournament is seeing hattricks by bowlers like Sharma and Yuvi!

gouravk

• Team of the Century

i bet sharma will now have the ability to pick 300 test wickets  ;D ;D ;D

WicketView

• Team of the Century

i bet sharma will now have the ability to pick 300 test wickets  ;D ;D ;D
Yeah, I am sure Murali considers him to be the threat to his record. ;D ;D ;D

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

BTW, why was SRT blaming the middle order.. the top order and the lower order failed today?

gouravk

• Team of the Century

becoz middle = (top + lower)/2 ??

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century

whoa ... thi tournament is seeing hattricks by bowlers like Sharma and Yuvi!
a 4-trick

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool

How the hell did we contrive to lose that I'll never figure out. I mean we needed some 50 off 40 balls or so with 7 wickets in hand!!! Pathetic batting.

Much needed relief for DC ..they got out of jail there.

Now we'll have to beat each one of the other contenders for the No 4 slot - I guess those would be BRC, RR and KXIP and hope that some of these get knocked over by KKR.

What a bad night ...first MI messes things up and then Barcelona pip Chelsea in stoppage time  :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

Where is CP and his 9/10 theory??
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

I am very happy with the win :).

This DC team will surely get an upgrade when Symmo joins them this weekend.  It is confirmed he will play the last six games if not five for sure.

I think eventually bowling is an issue but the way this team is fielding it makes up for it a little bit.   That is what makes the difference in winning the close games.

I still think Gilly's spirit and leadership just like Warne's in showing faith in all these unknown players will get the best out of them and make them into believers.  That is always dangerous for the opponents.

i think symonds will replace gibbs unless he strikes red hot in the next 2 games
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

How the hell did we contrive to lose that I'll never figure out. I mean we needed some 50 off 40 balls or so with 7 wickets in hand!!! Pathetic batting.

Now we'll have to beat each one of the other contenders for the No 4 slot - I guess those would be BRC, RR and KXIP and hope that some of these get knocked over by KKR.

What a bad night ...first MI messes things up and then Barcelona pip Chelsea in stoppage time  :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:

all in all, a perfect night.

chelsea deserved it.

what a * team. and what a * performance.
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

chelsea deserved it.

BS. Chelsea dominated right through yesterday unlike in the first leg.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

chelsea deserved it.

oh cmon. barca OWNED them all night. beautiful passing game. chelsea couldnt put together a set of 3-4 passes at a time. the goal was imminent.

and that cock drogba missed some easy chances (i am SO happy). threw some tantrums a la ronaldo.

and i know, i know, penalty should have been given. but that is not injustice for me given the way your boys played.

-- Mohandas K *hi

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

chelsea deserved it.

oh cmon. barca OWNED them all night. beautiful passing game. chelsea couldnt put together a set of 3-4 passes at a time. the goal was imminent.

and that cock drogba missed some easy chances (i am SO happy). threw some tantrums a la ronaldo.

and i know, i know, penalty should have been given. but that is not injustice for me given the way your boys played.

just beautiful passing does not win games ...you need to be able to convert ...chelsea created more chances despite less ball possession.

and how is a penalty "deserved" or "not deserved" based on the style of play? that was a blatant one and that was the match. anyway, whats over is over ..you get some you dont get some.

atleast they went out with heads held high unlike the mumbai indians

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century

man,, after they scored the first goal within 10 minutes, chelsea were playing with like 10 men back. all defending in a line.

barca HAD to play their game, played with basically 6 men forward and the other 4 in mid-field :D

only reason chelsea had more opportunities on the counter attack.
-- Mohandas K *hi

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

man,, after they scored the first goal within 10 minutes, chelsea were playing with like 10 men back. all defending in a line.

barca HAD to play their game, played with basically 6 men forward and the other 4 in mid-field :D

only reason chelsea had more opportunities on the counter attack.

that is how it goes ...you play the opponent ...not an ideal game ...and the opponent has the choice to decide how it wants to go. and they did generate all those chances by doing that ..i agree they should have put away one more of those many chances they created.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up