Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: IPL 2009 - Match 23 (KKR vs MI)-Match Thread- Mumbai look to repeat mauling  (Read 10308 times)

Aloo Kashmiri Ul Haq

• Bismallah Rahim izzz I izzz score 15017 runs
  • Team of the Century
  • sekho na naino ki bhasha..
Re: KKR vs MI( 2ND MATCH)-Match Thread- Mumbai look to repeat mauling
« Reply #80 on: May 01, 2009, 02:49:43 PM »

and by their icon player and their captain

and goob job by their owner

good job by their fans

good job by their local youngsters

And to think that they achieved it all while being three captains short on the field...remarkable achievement...

still trapped in coach Greg Chappel's memories are you? We still won some games when under him because we had good players. Just accept it, your team, your owner, your coach, your captain, your 'icon' player, your youngsters and above all your FANS suck

Its obvious who is trapped in Guru Greg's memories here  ;D

Boy, talk about impotent rage!!

Point is KKR sucks with or without Buchannan
Why did the chicken cross the road?

According to Le Chatelier:

The chicken crossed the road because there were too many moles of chicken
on the reactants side of the road equilibrium.

kban1

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #81 on: May 01, 2009, 03:03:02 PM »

Point is KKR sucks with or without Buchannan

True!

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #82 on: May 01, 2009, 03:36:09 PM »

Hodge really playing admirably.  Imagine this being Ganguly.  Blwe would have had perhaps 20 posts by now saying all soughts of things about JB and how others should be learning from SG etc.  Ofourse he will be no where to seen today given SG being out for a golden duck.

I know....truth hurts. I can see you are still smarting from that good performance of SG...and so you have chosen this opportunity to hit back.( Just note, I am not ridiculing your fav player, even when he is down.....just as you are doing)

Well SG surely didn't play today.
But this team has been already unhinged by JB's stupidity long back. No wonder, they are appearing so under-prepared and ameteurish.
Forget SG....the others in the team are showing no sign of being trained and inspired by the impressive support-staff. They look thoroughly de-moralized......even the so-long good players are looking ordinary.
McCullum should never ever become captain again......he is too poor a captain....no wonder,  JB felt inspired to un-hinge a team all the way just for this belated master-piece.............coming down at no 6 when everything was over....sending Shukla ahead of him..........what was he thinking?!!
He couldn't even hit the ordinary bowler out of the park! :(

pzd

• Test Match Star
« Reply #83 on: May 01, 2009, 03:40:36 PM »

Mathew Mott has been guilty of nominating a wrong batting order today.. KKR had done well to restrict MI and could have won it if they had shown some sense

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2009, 03:44:45 PM »

I think, his bowling change sucked too.......gave away too many runs in the last 4 overs

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #85 on: May 01, 2009, 03:45:15 PM »

KKR has given up.

9 teams out of 10 would have won this game even from where they were at with 3 overs to go. They had wickets in hand and needed about 32 in 3 overs.

Hodge, despite scoring that 70 should be the villain of this game. His inability to accelerate towards the end despite having played 50+ balls was mind boggling.

And on that run out he seemed to have given up. There was no intensity shown at all ? What the Eff was that?

What a pathetic team.

Ruchir, you cant use this team as a an example for proving or disproving any theory. First they only have one captain. And that captain himself is playing worse than even Ganguly.

And people can keep blaming JB for things. But the question is who is really dividing the team. The coach or a certain icon player who is sulking at losing captaincy and breaking the team into groups?
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

cricket_news

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2009, 04:00:21 PM »

Duminy and Zaheer keep Kolkata down
1 May 2009, 3:45 pm

Mumbai Indians 148 for 6 (Duminy 52*) beat Kolkata Knight Riders 139 for 6 (Hodge 73, Zaheer 3-31) by nine runs

Scorecard and ball-by-ball details

How they were out

A late assault from JP Duminy proved to be the difference between Mumbai and Kolkata

AFP

Kolkata Knight Riders made a good attempt at causing possibly the biggest surprise of the season so far but fell short despite smart bowling for most of Mumbai's innings and a first fifty for them by Brad Hodge, who kept together a chase that threatened to fall away early on.

Mumbai turned the game irreversibly in six overs: the last three of their innings and the first three of Kolkata's. The main characters in this script were JP Duminy and Zaheer Khan. Duminy's late assault helped Mumbai scored 42 in the last three overs of an otherwise limp effort and, on the other side of the break, Zaheer removed Kolkata's openers Chris Gayle and Sourav Ganguly in his first two overs.

Hodge's innings was, in isolation, the best individual effort of the match. Chasing 149, Kolkata were 8 for 2 in the third over. Hodge consolidated along with Morne van Wyk and, while they didn't score at a spectacular rate, their 89-run stand kept Kolkata in the hunt. Hodge made an especially slow start, scoring 3 off the first 14 balls he faced. But once he'd stepped out and lofted Harbhajan Singh for a four in the sixth over, he pulled out a remarkable mix of sensible batting and attacking cricketing shots.  

The three sixes he hit were hit down the ground without any power at all, just a clean swing of the straight bat. Despite the run-rate climbing every over, Kolkata were always with a chance while Hodge was in. With 61 required off the last six overs, he hit Graham Napier for back-to-back fours. With 51 needed from the last five, he hit Zaheer Khan for a six over long-off, and suddenly Kolkata needed just 38 in the last four overs with seven wickets in hand.

That's when Lasith Malinga delivered two near-perfect overs of death bowling, giving away just 11 runs and shutting Kolkata out. Mumbai's last three overs were a mirror image.

Kolkata had done everything right in the first 17 overs, but they still had Duminy to take care of. When Laxmi Shukla came on to bowl the 18th over, Duminy was 22 off 26 and Mumbai had reached only 106. He pulled Shukla for two sixes in the 18th over, and suddenly all Kolkata's good work from the first 17 overs seemed wasted. Ishant Sharma bowled a superb 19th over, giving away just nine runs and taking a wicket, but Duminy still stood between Kolkata and an easy target.

Prime Numbers

The most productive over number for the bowlers this season. 21 wickets have fallen in the 16th over so far. At number two is over number 11, with 17 wickets

The number of ducks by Kolkata Knight Riders batsmen this season, including Ganguly's golden duck today

Zaheer Khan's wicket tally so far this season. He more than doubled his tally by snapping up 3 today

Brad Hodge's score today was Kolkata's first fifty of the season

Brendon McCullum's batting average after six innings

Two more sixes followed in the last over, both down the ground, off length deliveries from Dinda. The latter came off the last ball, which meant he had scored 30 off the last 11 balls he faced.

It was the most critical phase of the match: only two sixes had been hit before that, both by Sachin Tendulkar, emphasising the concern that Mumbai have been overly reliant on Tendulkar and Sanath Jayasuriya. Once Jayasuriya was out for 6, there was no danger of repeating the hammering they had handed out to Kolkata earlier this week.

It was also a day when Mumbai and Kolkata experimented a lot. Kolkata made proactive and frequent bowling changes, and didn't let the batsmen settle to any kind of rhythm. After the first 12 overs of the innings, five of seven bowlers used by Kolkata had gone for less than six an over, and four of them had taken a wicket each. Mumbai sent in their hitters Harbhajan Singh and Abhishek Nayar at Nos 3 and 4. Neither move worked and Mumbai paid the price of aiming too high.

When it came to Kolkata's innings, both teams tinkered with their opening combinations. Ganguly replaced Brendon McCullum at the top of the order, and Mumbai didn't open with Malinga, saving him for the latter half of the innings. The final experiment worked for Mumbai, with Malinga bowling tight overs towards the end, and it's the final experiment that counted.

Sidharth Monga is a staff writer at Cricinfo

Source: India news from Cricinfo

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2009, 04:06:59 PM »

Even if he was sulking.....I don't think there was anything wrong.
He was unnecessarily demoted from captaincy....a move that proved disastrous for the team. No wonder, any well-meaning player would sulk.
You cannot bring down Ganguly's captaincy by saying that ' captaincy is no issue....anyone can be captain...shukla/ hodge/ mccullum whoever'.
This is insulting to an icon player and inspirational captain...........and very poor tactical move to begin with.
Even thinking from business angle, in doesn't make sense.........an inspired Ganguly fills up Eden Gardens in no time.....and a humiliated Ganguly( for no good reason) means a half empty stadium.

Pulling off the coupe in SA was exemplary pettyness . No wonder, the spirit of the team has gone down the drain.
Had I been in SRK 's place, I would have sacked the coach in SA itself....with all his entourage...bags and baggages!

gouravk

• Team of the Century
  • Which way will this ball swing ?
« Reply #88 on: May 01, 2009, 04:12:50 PM »

since ganguly is not a "captain" in this team ... or on the commitee of captains i dont think it is his duty to "not sulk"

hodge is pathetic.
...Tvameva Vidya Dravidam Tvameva ... Tvameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva !!

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2009, 04:21:04 PM »

Even if he was sulking.....I don't think there was anything wrong.
He was unnecessarily demoted from captaincy....a move that proved disastrous for the team. No wonder, any well-meaning player would sulk.
You cannot bring down Ganguly's captaincy by saying that ' captaincy is no issue....anyone can be captain...shukla/ hodge/ mccullum whoever'.
This is insulting to an icon player and inspirational captain...........and very poor tactical move to begin with.
Even thinking from business angle, in doesn't make sense.........an inspired Ganguly fills up Eden Gardens in no time.....and a humiliated Ganguly( for no good reason) means a half empty stadium.

Pulling off the coupe in SA was exemplary pettyness . No wonder, the spirit of the team has gone down the drain.
Had I been in SRK 's place, I would have sacked the coach in SA itself....with all his entourage...bags and baggages!

spoken like a real "rondu". Thus proves that all gangulians are class X rondu's  .  If I cant be captain I will sulk. And I will spoil the team. I will build my own groups (and cliques and gangs). Every move made by the team management will be considered a personal insult. The unions do that to the owners so why cant Ganguly (and Gangulians) do that to the team management!

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2009, 04:24:46 PM »

since ganguly is not a "captain" in this team ... or on the commitee of captains i dont think it is his duty to "not sulk"

hodge is pathetic.

Another victim of the 'captains' pathetic running! :(

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2009, 04:31:17 PM »

Hodge really playing admirably.  Imagine this being Ganguly.  Blwe would have had perhaps 20 posts by now saying all soughts of things about JB and how others should be learning from SG etc.  Ofourse he will be no where to seen today given SG being out for a golden duck.

I know....truth hurts. I can see you are still smarting from that good performance of SG...and so you have chosen this opportunity to hit back.( Just note, I am not ridiculing your fav player, even when he is down.....just as you are doing)

But this team has been already unhinged by JB's stupidity long back. No wonder, they are appearing so under-prepared and ameteurish.
Forget SG....the others in the team are showing no sign of being trained and inspired by the impressive support-staff. They look thoroughly de-moralized......even the so-long good players are looking ordinary.
McCullum should never ever become captain again......he is too poor a captain....no wonder,  JB felt inspired to un-hinge a team all the way just for this belated master-piece.............coming down at no 6 when everything was over....sending Shukla ahead of him..........what was he thinking?!!
Boss I do not care about it.  You can ridicule whom you want.  I on the other hand is doing none of that excepting just pointing out the obvious when SG plays well all is well with you if not you keep coming up with all these theories.  Actually it is not about SG as much as it is you.

So you can keep harping on JB and McCullum but none of that will fly.  There is a reason why SG was supposedly removed from the job.  Last year after that good start he and his team faltered and rightly he should have been replaced IMO since he to me at this stage of his cricketing career and how he is suited for 20-20 is not the answer.  That is just plain and simple my opinion.

The only thing I have an issue with is SRK and JB being not men enough to sack SG if they thought he was not the man for the job.  That is where they faltered and will be criticised.

kingcool1432

• Hakuna Matata
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2009, 04:31:18 PM »

I will sulk. And I will spoil the team. I will build my own groups (and cliques and gangs). Every move made by the team management will be considered a personal insult

So its true. You're a Gangulian after all :D
Reality continues to ruin my life.  Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat, p67-1

pzd

• Test Match Star
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2009, 04:41:40 PM »

kkr leads the fairplay awards ;)

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2009, 04:44:51 PM »

that calculation is stupid - MI, CSK, RR, KKR got 0 pts for fairplay in their rained out games  ;D ;D

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2009, 04:52:17 PM »

I will sulk. And I will spoil the team. I will build my own groups (and cliques and gangs). Every move made by the team management will be considered a personal insult

So its true. You're a Gangulian after all :D

dexy may have to teach you some english :)

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2009, 04:56:17 PM »

Boss I do not care about it.  You can ridicule whom you want.  I on the other hand is doing none of that excepting just pointing out the obvious when SG plays well all is well with you if not you keep coming up with all these theories.  Actually it is not about SG as much as it is you.

So you can keep harping on JB and McCullum but none of that will fly.  There is a reason why SG was supposedly removed from the job.  Last year after that good start he and his team faltered and rightly he should have been replaced IMO since he to me at this stage of his cricketing career and how he is suited for 20-20 is not the answer.  That is just plain and simple my opinion.

The only thing I have an issue with is SRK and JB being not men enough to sack SG if they thought he was not the man for the job.  That is where they faltered and will be criticised.

The pity is, you should have said this on the day when Ganguly almost single-handedly took KKR near victory against RR, by scoring that 48. But you didn't do that. You waited for his failure to happen. This exposes your vindictiveness and the criticism is losing its sting.

I too supported the idea of multiple captain in the threads when the whole news came up.  But I expected something spectacular and professional in return...........not this insipid ordinariness.
JB has done himself no favour by promising the moon...and delivering some damp squib.
One has to blame him not just for the results, but indirectly trying to hog the lime-light and ultimately leading the team down the drain with some characteristic obstinacy.

Ganguly too is to blame....for his poor performance in the last couple of matches. But he is one of the oldest player in the tournament...we have to give him some benefit of doubt. After all he is the only one besides Gayle, who could have taken this team to victory, even at this age...after an year of retirement.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2009, 05:29:44 PM »

The pity is, you should have said this on the day when Ganguly almost single-handedly took KKR near victory against RR, by scoring that 48. But you didn't do that. You waited for his failure to happen. This exposes your vindictiveness and the criticism is losing its sting.

This is the oldest trick in the book blame others of vindictiveness when there is nothing else to counter them with.  By the way what else did I say that is not obvious to anyone else that watched this KKR team over the last year and this year.  I think excepting you and couple of others on this DG hung up on SG and not willing to turn the page what I said is pretty much what most would say that includes objective SG fans. And no I was not waiting for him to fail or whatever as you seem to to suugest.  I enjoy this game way too much to be hung up on a player or their failures.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2009, 06:11:58 PM »

Hodge played very well today. Justified his good numbers over his career in this format. He should always play No3. He should have finished it off at the end - one can fault him for that but it was a brilliant move on SRT's part to keep Malinga for the end. There is only so much that one man can do,

And it is time to drop McCullum.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

gouravk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2009, 06:17:36 PM »

hodgy podgy couldnt quite finish it off ! and run out to make things worse !

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2009, 07:01:53 PM »

Well he scored 73 in what 50 balls? The rest of them could not get 73 in 70 balls. Sure one can blame him a bit but come on ....he did well today. How different was his innings from SG's against RR - that was a poorer attack and an easier ask at the end. MI has the best bowling attack in the tournament and Hodge scored more than half his side's runs.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2009, 07:11:09 PM »

Well he scored 73 in what 50 balls? The rest of them could not get 73 in 70 balls. Sure one can blame him a bit but come on ....he did well today. How different was his innings from SG's against RR - that was a poorer attack and an easier ask at the end. MI has the best bowling attack in the tournament and Hodge scored more than half his side's runs.
This shows your vindictive nature towards SG.  You forget to take into account despite the potent attack of JB and support staff off the field and add to that the attack of RR on the field SG's knock is many folds better than anyone else's in the IPL thus far.  What say Blwe. :)

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2009, 07:19:59 PM »

Well Blwe's analysis is amazing. Just one match back, he was all praise for Shukla, saying he could be a good allrounder for india  and berating the coach and captain for not using him well. But today the coach and captain were responsible for bad bowling choice at the end. Guess who went for all those runs!!!

gouravk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2009, 08:42:04 PM »

well he did not stay till the end like duminy did and therein was the match won and lost  ;D

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2009, 10:20:30 PM »

that calculation is stupid - MI, CSK, RR, KKR got 0 pts for fairplay in their rained out games  ;D ;D
EGGJACKTLY.. totally stupid
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

inoc

• Team of the Century
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2009, 01:06:51 AM »

KKR has given up.

9 teams out of 10 would have won this game even from where they were at with 3 overs to go. They had wickets in hand and needed about 32 in 3 overs.

Hodge, despite scoring that 70 should be the villain of this game. His inability to accelerate towards the end despite having played 50+ balls was mind boggling.

And on that run out he seemed to have given up. There was no intensity shown at all ? What the Eff was that?

What a pathetic team.

Ruchir, you cant use this team as a an example for proving or disproving any theory. First they only have one captain. And that captain himself is playing worse than even Ganguly.

And people can keep blaming JB for things. But the question is who is really dividing the team. The coach or a certain icon player who is sulking at losing captaincy and breaking the team into groups?

you are keeping on saying this.

have got any, vague as it may be evidence that what you say is true?

ignoring the other bits of this post. I agree with most of the statements give or take the obligatory throw of the non existent punch. ;D

getting back to what you are boldly parading as truth - the fact that 9 times out of 10 a team chasing 30+ in T20 will reach the mark, i.e. win.

May I ask you where you got this statistic from - chicago league....look back there as well and you will find miniscule examples. coming back to real life of international cricket -

in the IPL matches so far and this includes the batting friendly indian wickets .......

a team chasing 30+ (as you said should be attainable 9 out 10 times) fared as below

in 2008 teams lost 6 of 10 chasing 30 +/- 3.

they won two chasing more than that, but even if you include those two it is winning 6 out of 12.

50 % at best. i am being fair.

this year with bowlers having a better time it is one single match so far, according to your criteria  yup one match in nearly half the games to be played.

still going for the 90% folklore ;D ;D

your 9 out of 10 needs a bit of re-understanding, or re-evaluating .... not that it is possible.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 01:11:16 AM by inoc »

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #106 on: May 02, 2009, 05:17:05 AM »

KKR has given up.

What a pathetic team.

you are keeping on saying this.

have got any, vague as it may be evidence that what you say is true?

ignoring the other bits of this post. I agree with most of the statements give or take the obligatory throw of the non existent punch. ;D

getting back to what you are boldly parading as truth - the fact that 9 times out of 10 a team chasing 30+ in T20 will reach the mark, i.e. win.

May I ask you where you got this statistic from - chicago league....look back there as well and you will find miniscule examples. coming back to real life of international cricket -

in the IPL matches so far and this includes the batting friendly indian wickets .......

a team chasing 30+ (as you said should be attainable 9 out 10 times) fared as below

in 2008 teams lost 6 of 10 chasing 30 +/- 3.

they won two chasing more than that, but even if you include those two it is winning 6 out of 12.

50 % at best. i am being fair.

this year with bowlers having a better time it is one single match so far, according to your criteria  yup one match in nearly half the games to be played.

still going for the 90% folklore ;D ;D

your 9 out of 10 needs a bit of re-understanding, or re-evaluating .... not that it is possible.

9 out of 10 .. and KKR is the 10th team ...so where is the issue ?

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #107 on: May 02, 2009, 05:30:13 AM »

Apparently it was Duminy who recommended to Sachin that he keep his best bowler for the end on this pitch. SRT says so in an interview of sorts in ToI - apparently, JPD has been instrumental in them being able to follow different strategies for different grounds. On this ground, his claim was that someone like Malinga would be almost impossible to get away at the end ...

This pick is working in more ways than one for us!!!

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

This is the problem area for KKR. They haven't  done the planning properly, throughout the tournament. The other day against BRC, they didn't bowl Dinda and LRS......and had benched Karthik, while playing Agarkar..............although the BRC was well prepared in their spin dept.
Yesterday too, the captain bowled LRS at the wrong time imo...........
I wonder, why they are not playing Mortaza instead of McCullum?! Is Buchanan stuck with his own failed formula?

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century

This is the problem area for KKR. They haven't  done the planning properly, throughout the tournament. The other day against BRC, they didn't bowl Dinda and LRS......and had benched Karthik, while playing Agarkar..............although the BRC was well prepared in their spin dept.
Yesterday too, the captain bowled LRS at the wrong time imo...........
I wonder, why they are not playing Mortaza instead of McCullum?! Is Buchanan stuck with his own failed formula?

One thing is apparent.. noe of the guys are willing to step out and give the ball a hard tonk... it is like they are scared of not succeeding...

Not one aggressive shot one has got to see except for some of Gayle's "here one there one" attempts

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

That's not true. All of them have tried ...don't have the skill to pull it off consistently any longer.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

That's not true. All of them have tried ...don't have the skill to pull it off consistently any longer.

they have no less skill than any other team.......problem is they are not suitably inspired...or lead.
gayle alone has more talent to wipe off any opposition single handed................it is all abt poor management...poor coaching...poor inspiration.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 04:52:31 PM by Blwe_torch »

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

Bull*. If you can't take 7 runs in the last over against a rookie pacer, it is ineptitude ..not inspiration.

Everyone from SG to Shukla to Saha have tried to come down the track and hit ..have been successful on occasions but not been able to keep at it with any degree of consistency!

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century

Bull*. If you can't take 7 runs in the last over against a rookie pacer, it is ineptitude ..not inspiration.

Everyone from SG to Shukla to Saha have tried to come down the track and hit ..have been successful on occasions but not been able to keep at it with any degree of consistency!
oh right...so not being able to score in one over of a high-pressure over makes it ineptitude...give me a break.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

Did I say that? I used it as an example. Even in that over between "inspiration" and "ability" what would you pick on balance? When it comes to that stage, a player with so much intl experience hardly bothers about what inspiration his captain is providing. He was unable to take them home. It happens and doesn't make him a lesser player. But putting every failure down to lack of inspiration is lame.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

Did I say that? I used it as an example. Even in that over between "inspiration" and "ability" what would you pick on balance? When it comes to that stage, a player with so much intl experience hardly bothers about what inspiration his captain is providing. He was unable to take them home. It happens and doesn't make him a lesser player. But putting every failure down to lack of inspiration is lame.

Yes...u said that................and you mean McCullum is no player?! I think, you have forgotten...what is Brendon McCullum!...or you must be getting seriously old!
It cannot be ineptitude...it is inspiration.
Inspiration can make and break a talent.
So, no w you know....where the real problem of KKR lies.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

Even last year...without Gayle......and largely without McCullum...................and Ponting in no form..KKR won 6 matches..one was tied.
We were thinking, what would happen, if KKR gets to play the full team!
But some very poor coaching and man-management has laid low a very talented and potentially champion team!

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century

im predicting a chennai win at this point...theyre slowly taking control

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

Last year KKR won twice against DC and BRC - unfortunately for them both those teams have improved since then.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

im predicting a chennai win at this point...theyre slowly taking control
Wrong thread
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up