Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: IPL 2009 - Match Thread 18 (DD vs RR) - Undercooked Rajasthan meet in-form Delhi  (Read 13505 times)

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century

Shewag is a h a r a m i

what a effing idiot!
Add to it. He is not even borrowed form a gangulian state. Even then he  messed up.

would you care to explain this statement of yours?
there is more than meets the i

12th_Man

• Team of the Century

Shewag is a h a r a m i

what a effing idiot!
Add to it. He is not even borrowed form a gangulian state. Even then he  messed up.

When Manoj Tiwari failed for DD, Our friend CP blamed him to be from the Ganguian state and few subsequent failures of others. I was just reminding him that VS failed and wondering how will he find ganguly or gangulians to blame for it.

12th_Man

• Team of the Century

DVillers goes after a sensible knock.
Hope DD reach 155 .
I would love to see RR chase this kind of total if they have to look forwad in tournament.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

108/5.. I think DD may have reached their par score against RR
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

vincent

• Team of the Century

Munaf gets Dilshan ...get Devil now and the Delhi Underbelly will be exposed!

But all of this will come to naught if RR continues losing wickets at the rate of one per over.

I think Warne may do an Imran and come in at No 3/4 to hold up one end.

Well, Imran was the opening batsman (and captain) for Oxfrod University and so 3/4 was not a big deal for him. It is just that for the national team he decided to focus more on bowling and bat down the order.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century

Outstanding 19th over by Munaf.  Really showed he can think through his bowling there.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool

KK below par today. 140+ is a good score, especially with Vettori in the ranks. I think Dilshan may also get a bowl today if it starts getting tight.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

poondu

• Team of the Century

Outstanding 19th over by Munaf.  Really showed he can think through his bowling there.
Yet another brilliant spell. I think he has delivered in all matches except one (That was the only match RR won).

WicketView

• Team of the Century

Shewag is a h a r a m i

what a effing idiot!

When Manoj Tiwari failed for DD, Our friend CP blamed him to be from the Ganguian state and few subsequent failures of others. I was just reminding him that VS failed and wondering how will he find ganguly or gangulians to blame for it.
What is wrong with you guys? Have you not read Aessop's fables or similar tales when you were kids?

ramshorns

• Team of the Century

It is a pleasure to watch Warne captain the side.  He seems to get down to the level of the players to communicate.  An example is the way he is guiding the young Kamran right through this IPL.  And remember how he made Yusuf Pathan to the player he is today by letting him play higher in the order by dropping inept players like Kaif down.  Jadeja is another from last year.  All these players have gone on to credit Warne.   One can see the stark difference between Tendulkar and Warne as skippers.  Both are at almost the same when it comes to the talent in their respective skills.  But one failed miserably as a skipper holding everyone to his standards and hence perhaps denting their confidence to always feeling that they do not belong there.  Especially the fringe players.  And Warne is a stark contrast.  Being patient not getting frustrated getting the best he can get out of his team by making believers out of them.  That is where they won the IPL last year.  One wonders why Warne never got a shot at the Aussie captaincy.  But then when you have Waugh, Taylor, Ponting and Gilchrist that is bound to happen.  All leaders in their own right.  Last year too I was rooting for the RR team when my beloved DC were out of it.  Warne is a pleasure to watch on the field.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 04:21:15 PM by ramshorns »

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

RR needs a special knock to turn things around ..not just in this game but for the entire tournament ...I am sure if Warne gets even a small bit of inspiration to work with from someone, he'll be able to raise the team once again - especially after Watson joins in.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

Well I'm looking forward to SRT and Shane Warne locking horns as skippers of their respective sides ....it will be interesting to see who inspires his team to victory.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point

Shewag is a h a r a m i

what a effing idiot!

Sehwag is the biggest Gangulian of them all.

Unlike the Gangulians I am not a regionalist :)
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century

After this game DC will be the only unbeaten team.  RR will wins this without a doubt.  CP what do you have to say now.   DD out of the unbeaten ranks!!!!

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

Playing Nana instead of McGrath is the biggest joke of IPL 2009 !!!

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

Maybe playing Quiney as one of the overseas players and ahead of Morne Morkel in SA is a bigger joke.....

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

the RU-ZK trade was the biggest joke pre-IPL ;)

poondu

• Team of the Century

ha ha.. mallya didnt know he was going to get a wedgie..

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

Maybe playing Quiney as one of the overseas players and ahead of Morne Morkel in SA is a bigger joke.....

do they have a choice? they have no batsmen ..the bowlers are doing a decent job ..but maybe morkel may even bat better than quiney

ramshorns

• Team of the Century

Untimely run-out of Swapnil after that audacious six the previous ball.  Totally unnecessary at this stage for RR.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

ha ha.. mallya didnt know he was going to get a wedgie..

or that the tournament would shift to SA

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

Oh boy, even Amit Mishra getting direct hits now!!!!

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

didn't he run out Ponting in one of the tests in India with a direct hit from mid-off ?

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

didn't he run out Ponting in one of the tests in India with a direct hit from mid-off ?

yeah i think so ..but was that also just one stump??

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point

that smith dropped catch may hurt us

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

34/3.. as i said, with this batting line up.. 100 could be a par score. Nothing even a SW can do when you have such bad cards dealt to you.
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

poondu

• Team of the Century

whats the deal with playing vaalthady and quiney? I am sure Kaif can score more runs than them. All nutcases..

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

no, but this was more point blank and that was from a little further back than this one. Maybe he's a bad outfielder who can hit the stumps direct  :D :D

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point

why are they hiding pathan

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

I think Watson coming in place of Quiney will allow RR a lot more flexibility.

They then have Kamran, Mascra, Watson, Warne, Yusuf, Jadeja as bowlers. This will allow them the luxury of playing another batsman. The only question is who that extra batsman can be.

Watson adds a batsman and a bowler to the side if he is fully fit.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century

34/3.. as i said, with this batting line up.. 100 could be a par score. Nothing even a SW can do when you have such bad cards dealt to you.
RR should bat out 20 over with an aim of not losing more than 6 wickets and see what happens.  That should be their strategy for now.

12th_Man

• Team of the Century

After this game DC will be the only unbeaten team.  RR will wins this without a doubt.  CP what do you have to say now.   DD out of the unbeaten ranks!!!!
;D ;D
36 for 3 after  7 overs. Man you are too bold to make this comment.
Jadeja,Smith,Pathan, Mascara still there so it does really not look that bad.
But papers do fly in air.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

I think what is really hurting RR is GS' poor form. Just as HG's poor form hurt DC last year. The two just seem to have swapped form this time around.

If GS gets back to his form of last year, then the Asnodkars and others of this world can make a difference around him.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century

;D ;D
36 for 3 after  7 overs. Man you are too bold to make this comment.
Jadeja,Smith,Pathan, Mascara still there so it does really not look that bad.
But papers do fly in air.
Huushhhhhhhhhhh....Quiet....Where did you dig that post from at this stage of the match....

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

RR should bat out 20 over with an aim of not losing more than 6 wickets and see what happens.  That should be their strategy for now.

I think that is why Jadeja was sent ahead of Pathan ...to keep Smith company till say the 14/15 over ...even if they are 90 by then, 50-60 runs in 5/6 overs is doable for the likes of Pathan and Mascara.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point

thaht smith drop in the slips will cost us!

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

RR keeping the rate within striking distance ...for them, it is more about whether they will last the distance.

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

the big problem for RR is 4 of the last 10 overs will be bowled by Vettori ;)

ramshorns

• Team of the Century

Smith LBW of Dilshan not given.  If there was a referral that would have been given.

poondu

• Team of the Century

the big problem for RR is 4 of the last 10 overs will be bowled by Vettori ;)
Spin usually would not a problem for YP.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up