Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: IPL 2009 - Match Thread 17 (MI vs KKR) All-round Mumbai start as favourites  (Read 15177 times)

12th_Man

• Team of the Century

Amazed at KKR's lengthy tail. no one after this guy Yashpal Singh
I think Shukla can swing like PK..
Yes agree.
But look at this : five guys don't even seem like scoring 5 runs. A couple of more wickets and curtains. Don't  think it is a good lower down order especially when SG,Gayle,LRShukla can bowl and BM can keep.

Yashpal Singh, BAW Mendis, LR Shukla, AN Ghosh, I Sharma, Anureet Singh, AB Dinda

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

Hmmm, MI are playing a bowler short. Nayar/Sanath will have to fill in for 5th bowler with Malinga/Zaheer/Bhajji/Bravo the 4 bowlers. Not sure if this was a good idea - playing Tiwary ahead of Kulkarni

KKR too had to play a bowler short ....Anureet Singh, indisposed thanks to injury.

12th_Man

• Team of the Century

Hmmm, MI are playing a bowler short. Nayar/Sanath will have to fill in for 5th bowler with Malinga/Zaheer/Bhajji/Bravo the 4 bowlers. Not sure if this was a good idea - playing Tiwary ahead of Kulkarni
SRT bowlign ahead of SJ. Trying from another MOM ?

poondu

• Team of the Century

Yes agree.
But look at this : five guys don't even seem like scoring 5 runs. A couple of more wickets and curtains. Don't  think it is a good lower down order especially when SG,Gayle,LRShukla can bowl and BM can keep.

Yashpal Singh, BAW Mendis, LR Shukla, AN Ghosh, I Sharma, Anureet Singh, AB Dinda
Agree, but who do they have in the reserves for batting. I think Murali Karthik and Agarkar are the best batsmen in the reseves ;D

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

Meanwhile, Pak trying to do what Aussies did in Game-1: lost 5 wkts for 28 runs in 7 overs. 95/0 to 123/5 chasing 199 !!

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

SRT bowled a good over there..  70/2 at 10.. 118 in 10 is a tough ask

Without CG and BM firing, this team cannot chase this total. I will be shocked beyond belief if SG/Hodge pull this of
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

SRT bowlign ahead of SJ. Trying from another MOM ?

that would be perfect  ;D ;D

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century

If SG goes...it will be shutters down...

BM is as  big a disappointment  as Peitersen...

This IPL version has been an Indian swan song

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

Yes agree.

Agree, but who do they have in the reserves for batting. I think Murali Karthik and Agarkar are the best batsmen in the reseves ;D

who the heck is this ghosh !! he's played 3 FC games for Bengal and scored 81 runs in total  ??? ???

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

Yes agree.

who the heck is this ghosh !! he's played 3 FC games for Bengal and scored 81 runs in total  ??? ???
KKR's new Azhar ;D

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

BTW, MI middle-order is seriously suspect. if SJ/SRT fire, they are in.. else dead. A pattern in this IPL, imo. DC, DD also have this problem

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

If SG goes...it will be shutters down...

BM is as  big a disappointment  as Peitersen...

This IPL version has been an Indian swan song

It has been the Old Foxes IPL !!! Hayden, Gilly, Gibbs, Sachin, RD, SG, Warne, Kumble making the headlines !!!

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

There he goes....another Phoren Baba!
When will these guys justify their billing?
It requires a much-retired war horse to put up any performance, if at all!

12th_Man

• Team of the Century

SRT bowled a good over there..  70/2 at 10.. 118 in 10 is a tough ask

Without CG and BM firing, this team cannot chase this total. I will be shocked beyond belief if SG/Hodge pull this of
They must try the pinch hitter concept in PP if the wicket goes down. Somebody like AA should come and try to get quick runs on board.  BM(confidence) should drop himself down for a game or two and let SG open.
I hope the 6C B.C. book also talks about how to balance a cricket team to respond effectively considering various scenarios it can see it T20 game.

poondu

• Team of the Century

Ha ha, the useless over-rated  hodge gets out again..

ramshorns

• Team of the Century

KKR and BRC are perhaps out of it along with CSK at this stage.  Or let us put it they will have a hige mountain to climb to catch on here and that seems unlikely given the composition of other teams.

gouravk

• Team of the Century
  • Which way will this ball swing ?

NO ! we shall still fight ! we have lost to the top 3 teams only ! we can still compete with punjab and rajasthan for gods sake !
...Tvameva Vidya Dravidam Tvameva ... Tvameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva !!

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

KKR and BRC are perhaps out of it along with CSK at this stage.  Or let us put it they will have a hige mountain to climb to catch on here and that seems unlikely given the composition of other teams.
They badly need BM to fire.. never should have made him the captain, it is affecting his game.. and since he replaced SG, has become a villain in Kolkata, where he was a hero, last year. Strange that JB/SRK et al did not think of such dynamics!!

ruchir

• Team of the Century
  • WC03 Final - Ganguly is in pain after a fall

SG goes.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

Dada goes! :(

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

6 runs from SRT over...

..and SG falls!!

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

MI should have declared after 10 overs and given KKR a chance  ;)

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

Last rites being read

ruchir

• Team of the Century

Ghosh goes.

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

Yes agree.

KKR's new Azhar ;D

his tally stays at 81 ;)

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

They badly need BM to fire.. never should have made him the captain, it is affecting his game.. and since he replaced SG, has become a villain in Kolkata, where he was a hero, last year. Strange that JB/SRK et al did not think of such dynamics!!

Not just what ever is happening in Kolkata...that is irrelevant....this guy is an ordinary captain!
And Buchanan magic is not showing.

Seems like we shall have another GC type-evolution to live and endure. :(

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

Ha ha ...

The surprise weapon - Ghosh - lasts 1 ball ;D ;D

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

Not just what ever is happening in Kolkata...that is irrelevant....this guy is an ordinary captain!

Time to shake the tree..

SRK should fire the coaching staff.. bring back the captaincy to SG. Tell them, start it fresh - no expectations.. just play the games and win whatever you can.

This team is looking worse than DC of last year... even though today they were beaten by the brilliance of SRT/SJ.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

Yashpal gone too..

ruchir

• Team of the Century

Yashpal goes.... KKR falling down like bicycles at a kolkata cycle stand where SRK serves as watchman.

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

Meanwhile, Pak trying their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory  :D :D

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

Wessels being an apologist for JB.. ;D

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

Yashpal goes.... KKR falling down like bicycles at a kolkata cycle stand where SRK serves as watchman.
Sidhuism ;D

Where is he.. he would have been perfect for IPL and its 3rd rate commentary

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

This is rank amateur performance by KKR. Despite all the coaching excellence and support staff brilliance......all they are offering is some stale stuff!

ramshorns

• Team of the Century

Time to shake the tree..

SRK should fire the coaching staff.. bring back the captaincy to SG. Tell them, start it fresh - no expectations.. just play the games and win whatever you can.

This team is looking worse than DC of last year... even though today they were beaten by the brilliance of SRT/SJ.
You mean now....  I do not think that will happen.  I am not sure how that kind of a major overhaul would work in the middle of a season.

ruchir

• Team of the Century

I think after IPL2, SRK needs to fire the entire support staff, make SG captain again, and with him decide on what kind of staff is needed and who would they be. SRK also needs to sit with SG and rethink on the players they have purchased, maybe they need to fire some, hire some other etc. This KKR team needs a complete overhaul with SG as the captain.

ruchir

• Team of the Century

Oh... I saw WN saying the same thing. Oh well...

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

Time to shake the tree..

You mean now....  I do not think that will happen.  I am not sure how that kind of a major overhaul would work in the middle of a season.

let the coach win back some credibility by trying his multi-captain theory.............it is best req.uired now.
atleast that would redeem some of his prestige :(
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:56:11 PM by Blwe_torch »

12th_Man

• Team of the Century

Ghosh goes.
wow.. That is a surprise. He seem to be  in team only for his batting skills.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century

I think after IPL2, SRK needs to fire the entire support staff, make SG captain again, and with him decide on what kind of staff is needed and who would they be. SRK also needs to sit with SG and rethink on the players they have purchased, maybe they need to fire some, hire some other etc. This KKR team needs a complete overhaul with SG as the captain.
My worry is will SG be fit next year - he would have been out of competitive cricket for 1 full year.

Actually, SRK et al got it wrong this year.. they should have made this the transition year with SG at the helm.. instead they jumped the gun. Next year maybe too late.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up