Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPL 2009 - Match Thread 17 (MI vs KKR) All-round Mumbai start as favourites  (Read 15158 times)

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century

I think this is all a bit overboard. Should riot acts be read out to Warne as well about his captain controls all model given that they are on exactly the same number of points as KKR? Or CSK for that matter, which has a much better balanced side?

Yesterday's defeat was not about anything that any system or captain or team spirit or anything could do - it was just about two GODS doing a jugalbandhi. Take that first wicket partnership out and there was nothing in the game.

Sir... Warne has a pedigree.. he was captain and Coach of the inaugural edition... once can still hope for a comeback from the genius...not this KKR team

Agree that it was a SRT / SJ act...but, KKR could have atleast targeted close to 180 rather than targeting 80

dave_dj

• Team of the Century

I think this is all a bit overboard. Should riot acts be read out to Warne as well about his captain controls all model given that they are on exactly the same number of points as KKR? Or CSK for that matter, which has a much better balanced side?

Yesterday's defeat was not about anything that any system or captain or team spirit or anything could do - it was just about two GODS doing a jugalbandhi. Take that first wicket partnership out and there was nothing in the game.

Sir... Warne has a pedigree.. he was captain and Coach of the inaugural edition... once can still hope for a comeback from the genius...not this KKR team

Agree that it was a SRT / SJ act...but, KKR could have atleast targeted close to 180 rather than targeting 80

I don't see any hope for KKR or BRC until you stop supporting these two teams :)

WicketView

• Team of the Century

How many KKR players would it take to change a light bulb?
For the bulbs that matter, 56 ?

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century

I don't see any hope for KKR or BRC until you stop supporting these two teams :)

My team to make the Semi finals is MI...

My SF teams were DD,KKR,MI & BRC ... a NEWS representation.. DD and MI definitley look like getting there

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool

Nice.. oldest debating trick in the book - shift the topic..."what about the other guy".

Chasing 180+ even after the SRT/SJ blitz was possible.. ok, even if it was not possible - the  team should have scored 140 - 150.. but 95!! That has nothing to do with SRT/SJ blitz...and you will always find excuses that well the individuals are not doing their job etc.. the point is this team is not "gelling"...it has the talent to score 140-150, for sure, if not 180!

Even in SW's case, it is clear the team is punching way above its weight...and CSK's game was close, not a blow out and was at least a professional performance.

No. I am not shifting the topic ..I am just providing another point of reference. Btw, what were the margin of defeats for RR?
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century

Nice.. oldest debating trick in the book - shift the topic..."what about the other guy".

Chasing 180+ even after the SRT/SJ blitz was possible.. ok, even if it was not possible - the  team should have scored 140 - 150.. but 95!! That has nothing to do with SRT/SJ blitz...and you will always find excuses that well the individuals are not doing their job etc.. the point is this team is not "gelling"...it has the talent to score 140-150, for sure, if not 180!

Even in SW's case, it is clear the team is punching way above its weight...and CSK's game was close, not a blow out and was at least a professional performance.

No. I am not shifting the topic ..I am just providing another point of reference. Btw, what were the margin of defeats for RR?

RR has the lowest IPL score record - 58  :D :D

gouravk

• Team of the Century
  • Which way will this ball swing ?

the simple fact is that we love warnie and hate mccullum. whats so wrong about that ?  ;D ;D
...Tvameva Vidya Dravidam Tvameva ... Tvameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva !!

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point

My team to make the Semi finals is MI...

My SF teams were DD,KKR,MI & BRC ... a NEWS representation.. DD and MI definitley look like getting there

I knew it. He is the one Jinxing my team!!! Kisi aur ko support karo. Humein baksho please!!!
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point

the simple fact is that we love warnie and hate mccullum. whats so wrong about that ?  ;D ;D

whats wrong is racism!!! You have a problem with the great divide. The divide between australia and NZ
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

They badly need BM to fire.. never should have made him the captain, it is affecting his game.. and since he replaced SG, has become a villain in Kolkata, where he was a hero, last year. Strange that JB/SRK et al did not think of such dynamics!!

Whatever the merit of JB/SRK's ideas - that is a different debate - it is sad that they even have to think of such dynamics at all.

Mallya/Jennings did not have to. Neither did the Deccan Chargers owners. And it is not as if RD / VVS are lesser icons of the country or their home states.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

They badly need BM to fire.. never should have made him the captain, it is affecting his game.. and since he replaced SG, has become a villain in Kolkata, where he was a hero, last year. Strange that JB/SRK et al did not think of such dynamics!!

Whatever the merit of JB/SRK's ideas - that is a different debate - it is sad that they even have to think of such dynamics at all.

Mallya/Jennings did not have to. Neither did the Deccan Chargers owners. And it is not as if RD / VVS are lesser icons of the country or their home states.

How is JB/SRK's headache bothering you? :D
They knew what they are buying into. And they were not doing charity.
They have used Kolkata's name....wanted to make money out of Kolkata's passion for cricket...SG in particular.....and they knew the down-side too.
They have then made the mistake of removing SG as captain........while at the same time playing ameteurish cricket.
And yet you think that they are unfortunate?!!

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century

How is JB/SRK's headache bothering you? :D
They knew what they are buying into. And they were not doing charity.
They have used Kolkata's name....wanted to make money out of Kolkata's passion for cricket...SG in particular.....and they knew the down-side too.
They have then made the mistake of removing SG as captain........while at the same time playing ameteurish cricket.
And yet you think that they are unfortunate?!!

and you, sir, have a comprehension problem
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up