Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: IPL 2009 - Match Thread 14 (BRC vs DD)  (Read 8813 times)

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool
Re: IPL 2009 - Match Thread 14 (BRC vs DD)
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2009, 06:01:51 PM »

Yeah. That is why I said another angle would have helped
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

gouravk

• Team of the Century
  • Which way will this ball swing ?
« Reply #81 on: April 27, 2009, 01:58:53 AM »

yup. the dilshan decision was a shocker !  :P
...Tvameva Vidya Dravidam Tvameva ... Tvameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva !!

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #82 on: April 27, 2009, 03:18:03 AM »

ha ha ha ha

BRC's only hope was on a plane to India.

Mallya ki Monkey!
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

flashpan

• Test Match Star
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2009, 04:41:03 AM »

There is nothing to be delighted , KP . You guys won by default . The Run-out ,It was just one of the worst decisions ever made in this years IPL .

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2009, 06:48:13 AM »

There is nothing to be delighted , KP . You guys won by default . The Run-out ,It was just one of the worst decisions ever made in this years IPL .

NOT

You cant blame the umpire if he did not get the required angles. There was a possibility that the gloves may have disturbed the bails before the ball came in.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2009, 08:46:03 AM »

jeez.. DD are miles ahead of BRC, KKR and Kings XI in this edition of IPL... BRC flattered to deceive ...

If they get anywhere close to 10 points in this edition...it is as you would want .. "Pure Destiny"

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2009, 09:53:10 AM »

I think, it was the correct decision to give the benefit of doubt to the batsman.
From the replays it appeared that the gloves of the wk upset the stumps before he could collect the ball.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2009, 12:18:52 PM »

jeez.. DD are miles ahead of BRC, KKR and Kings XI in this edition of IPL... BRC flattered to deceive ...

If they get anywhere close to 10 points in this edition...it is as you would want .. "Pure Destiny"

I wouldnt quite put it that way for THIS match. BRC did very well while bowling and had DD on the ropes. That run out looked out. So DD was lucky to get away with that decision. I however think you cannot blame the umpire - he could not have done anything else given that he did not get any other angle. So DD was lucky, BRC was unlucky - just one of those things ..blame the telecast if you want to blame anyone.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2009, 12:54:19 PM »

I wouldnt quite put it that way for THIS match. BRC did very well while bowling and had DD on the ropes. That run out looked out. So DD was lucky to get away with that decision. I however think you cannot blame the umpire - he could not have done anything else given that he did not get any other angle. So DD was lucky, BRC was unlucky - just one of those things ..blame the telecast if you want to blame anyone.

Delhi still had Vettori to come .... u cant tell me that he wont have taken them home!

Repeater is a born loser. He moved away from a country that promptly became the #1 rated tests and ODI team. He became captain and promptly lost to India 7-0! (yes those two games should count against him). And Bevadaa has made the biggest mistake of his life by bringing him on as a captain.

Bevada should be falling on Dravid's feet to come back soon. Thats their only chance

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2009, 12:58:59 PM »

Delhi still had Vettori to come .... u cant tell me that he wont have taken them home!

Not from the stage where Dilshan was given not out ...that was too early. I think BRC would have pulled it off 8 times out of 10 had they got that wicket.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »

Not from the stage where Dilshan was given not out ...that was too early. I think BRC would have pulled it off 8 times out of 10 had they got that wicket.

i dont remember exactly ... i think at that time we were at 110 or so? So 40 runs needed. U dont expect Vettori and company to take you through with these? thats not too many

flashpan

• Test Match Star
« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2009, 01:06:32 PM »

No , CP , your team were 64/2 in the 11th over . It would have been interesting to see domestic Indian batsmen play against Jumbo.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #92 on: April 27, 2009, 01:07:50 PM »

i dont remember exactly ... i think at that time we were at 110 or so? So 40 runs needed. U dont expect Vettori and company to take you through with these? thats not too many

No. That was much earlier. DD did not reach 110 till very late (15th or 16th over I think)...it was that one over from Kallis that gave away 20 runs that screwed it up in the end.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #93 on: April 27, 2009, 01:09:04 PM »

No , CP , your team were 64/2 in the 11th over . It would have been interesting to see domestic Indian batsmen play against Jumbo.

But, to be fair, BRC should still have won had they kept their wits about them. Uthappa dropped an easy chance off Manhas (and that went for four) after he just came in and Appanna misfielded another easy one for four the very next ball - that is what screwed up the Kallis over.

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #94 on: April 27, 2009, 02:06:21 PM »

But, to be fair, BRC should still have won had they kept their wits about them. Uthappa dropped an easy chance off Manhas (and that went for four) after he just came in and Appanna misfielded another easy one for four the very next ball - that is what screwed up the Kallis over.

Surprising no one is making an earth shattering statement of "the localites screwing it up for the team... "

But, seriously, that would be unfair statement to make.. why bring down an entire state for a small game

12th_Man

• Team of the Century
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2009, 02:08:59 PM »

After KP goes .. Wonder what would be left for Bangalore team.
RU seems far below the requirements here. Team playing like 11 individuals.
Mallya seriously need to take them out for a drink and get some teamspirit goign.
Meanwhile they can also borrow one of the developed leaders advice (namely BM) from KKR if they further want to stablise their posiition.

gouravk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2009, 02:31:39 PM »

i dont think KP leaving will make much difference ... positive or negative ...

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2009, 02:52:14 PM »

Mallya seriously need to take them out for a drink and get some teamspirit goign.
Meanwhile they can also borrow one of the developed leaders advice (namely BM) from KKR if they further want to stablise their posiition.
Actually it might improve once KP goes out, as if he has made a difference now! RWD Merwe should be replacing him in the XI and he can definitely contribute 20-30 runs with the bat and a far better bowler than KP

12th_Man

• Team of the Century
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2009, 02:59:59 PM »

Actually it might improve once KP goes out, as if he has made a difference now! RWD Merwe should be replacing him in the XI and he can definitely contribute 20-30 runs with the bat and a far better bowler than KP
They need to win at least 7 games to sniff SM berth. Another 6 to pocket. Haven't heard good stories about Jack Kallis team skills. Thus the doubt.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2009, 03:47:54 PM »

I think the biggest mistake the Indian team management did was to move Uthappa back to the opening slot ...he had carved a nice niche for himself at No6 ...then suddenly he got thrust into the openers slot when Veeru was out of form and started being evaluated as an opener. If he has any sense, he'll start batting at No6 again and try to build his game for that slot - I think he can be a handful there although Yusuf Pathan's emergence and his bowling skills still give him an edge as of now.

gouravk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2009, 03:49:51 PM »

he opened for a couple of games in the CB series when sehwag was not dong well. and he did well there. i dont see a problem with that

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2009, 03:50:52 PM »

I think the biggest mistake the Indian team management did was to move Uthappa back to the opening slot ...he had carved a nice niche for himself at No6 ...then suddenly he got thrust into the openers slot when Veeru was out of form and started being evaluated as an opener. If he has any sense, he'll start batting at No6 again and try to build his game for that slot - I think he can be a handful there although Yusuf Pathan's emergence and his bowling skills still give him an edge as of now.

issue with T20 is that Number 6 rarely gets a chance.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2009, 04:51:48 PM »

he opened for a couple of games in the CB series when sehwag was not dong well. and he did well there. i dont see a problem with that

did well? by getting runs in the teens and twenty odd or something like that? please

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2009, 04:52:59 PM »

issue with T20 is that Number 6 rarely gets a chance.

not talking about T20 ...but in general, he is not an opener ..but can be handy lower down. not the best that india has at this point but can push those in the side ..as an opener, i doubt he'll go too far ...reminds me of jadega in that respect
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up