Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (non-cricket): Visitor Visa to USA  (Read 906 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Team of the Century
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11,358
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
(non-cricket): Visitor Visa to USA
« on: March 31, 2006, 06:25:14 PM »

Do you have the information on what documents are needed if you want to sponsor a Visitor Visa for folks who may be visiting USA from India...I mean what documents need to be sent as proof from US to India... (affidavit of support, bank statement...few others right?) Ur help with a good comprehensive list appreciated.


  • World XI Star
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 894
Re: (non-cricket): Visitor Visa to USA
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 06:40:44 PM »


this has all the latest information avery good site


  • First Class Player
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 229
Re: (non-cricket): Visitor Visa to USA
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 06:47:28 PM »

@fineleg, I used the following documents for my parents who visited me twice, last one being couple of months ago.

1. Letter to the consulate requesting issuance of visitorís visa

2. I-134 affidavit of support (original) - notorised copy

3. Visa approval copy ( I797A )

4. Your Passport copy ( Entire passport )

5. Your I-94 copy

6. Letter from Employer ( original ) stating that u've been working with them for so and so years.

7. Last 3 months salary slip

8. Last 2 years tax return (USA) W-2

8. Last 3 months bank statement

9. Certificate of title ( Car ) - Just an additional stuff to support ur financial credentials,not required though

10. Invitation letter from your

For further info, u can refer to http://path2usa.com/immigration/visitorvisa/visitor_visa.htm


  • Team of the Century
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2,057
Re: (non-cricket): Visitor Visa to USA
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 06:41:26 AM »

It's ok to collect info. from sites like immhelp or path2usa but ultimately you have to check with the Consulate website because they keep changing the requirements. Now you have to first pay , get a recepit # and then make online appointment using that number. At least that's the case with Mumbai consulate. So do check that. One thing that they need now is - if the sponsoring child is an Indian citizen, then he/she needs to send ORIGINAL birth certificate. I just sent papers for my in-laws day before yesterday. So I am pretty up to date with the requirements.
Pages: [1]   Go Up