Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New homepage, moderators, and pretty much everything else  (Read 6140 times)

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
New homepage, moderators, and pretty much everything else
« on: April 14, 2009, 05:12:55 AM »

Hi All,

As most of you have noticed, there are a lot of changes taking place on CricketVoice.com.  All of them are being undertaken with the hope to get over the staleness that’d overtaken the website and to attract old as well as new members to the website in a more appealing fashion.  In addition to the cricket forum, there’s also now a brand new home page http://www.cricketvoice.com -–if your internet is slow, please wait for it to load!

But the changes aren’t just cosmetic.  There’s also a firmer strategy to keep CricketVoice relevant in the aftermath of Misters Ganguly and Chappell departing from the international scene.

The mod squad has been divided in two teams now—pure moderation (think punishment) and marketing.  A lot of thinking has gone into selecting this group though there are many others beyond this group who’ve been here since day 1 and without whose contributions the DG would not exist today.  But a lot of factors, such as time zones and ensuring coverage at all times, went into deciding on the moderators.

The moderators, who will carry out the traditional duties of enforcing rules, are:
Kban (squad leader), Dhruv, Justforkix, CLR James, Keep-it-Cool, (there’s another name but I’ll leave this blank until the person has agreed).

The board of directors, who will be responsible for marketing of the site, as well as molding the direction of the site, recruiting and retaining members, suggesting new features, etc. are:
Broadbat, Winnignow, BlweTorch, Ruchir, Libran, Poondu, Achu.

I’ll assist the directors and will also continue as the site administrator along with Kban.  CandyMachine will be in charge of design and graphics.  A couple from the above will also be assigned to the fantasy league, once that’s ready.

As far as moderation goes, the changes will take start taking place tomorrow and there will be a transition phase of 7 days during which old moderators will continue with duties while new ones formalize their own procedures and figure out how to split a post from a thread of 200 posts.
If we’ve overlooked anyone who is interested in getting involved in the site beyond posting, please do not hesitate to contact me, as we’d love to have people step up and take more responsibility.

--dextrous

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
Re: New homepage, moderators, and pretty much everything else
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 06:45:08 AM »

Flashy mainpage and chat is back! Woo hoo!

Excellent job, Dex
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

teamindia

• Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 07:01:23 AM »

Which one is RD in that Royal Challenger poster?     ;D ;D ;D

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 07:24:59 AM »

which one of you bastards took cricketvoice on twitter??!!!!

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 12:27:08 PM »

which one of you bastards took cricketvoice on twitter??!!!!

why would you care ?
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

12th_Man

• Team of the Century
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »

After the new regime. Changes are happening fast in CV as well.  ::cheers::

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 01:53:37 PM »

Great effort!
I welcome everyone on board!
It is a great feeling to be part of the Cricket-voice journey...............congrats Dex and Kban for taking CV to the next level! ::cheers::

PS-: Well, ......as an after-thought....I must congratulate WN/ DD/ JFK too in the passing! :icon_jokercolor:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:00:34 PM by Blwe_torch »

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 02:28:33 PM »

Great effort!
It is a great feeling to be part of the Cricket-voice journey...............congrats Dex and Kban for taking CV to the next level! ::cheers::

PS-: Well, ......as an after-thought....I must congratulate WN/ DD/ JFK too in the passing! :icon_jokercolor:
Why specifically some of these people? 

I understand Dex.  He does the techincal work to have this site up and running. 

I think CP and FL's contributions are as important as WN/DD/JFK's.   Don't you think?  They spend enormous amount of time here along with others and perhaps the reason why the readership of this site has gone up to begin with during the 2006 and 2007 timeframe.  Let us not overcredit few is what I am getting at.

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 03:11:49 PM »

Great effort!

I second that..these guys have done a great job in posting as well as moderating w/o getting carried away in their personal likes or dislikes on cricketing matters.

Cheers guys.. and it has been one great journey since the 'Panic'ker days  ::cheers::

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 03:36:41 PM »

Great effort!

I think CP and FL's contributions are as important as WN/DD/JFK's.   Don't you think?  They spend enormous amount of time here along with others and perhaps the reason why the readership of this site has gone up to begin with during the 2006 and 2007 timeframe.  Let us not overcredit few is what I am getting at.

I politely request a retraction of the congratulations doled out for fear of under-crediting the efforts of everyone else!

Seriously speaking,
The whole point of having a forum is to collaboratively create content. Everyone contributes. Sometimes it goes without saying that some do so more than others. But that is besides the point as no one can rank value. The DG cannot be what it is today without the entirety of its history behind it.
So to all who have endured the journey and to the ones who have been along for parts of the ride, congratulations.

As for the mod/marketing teams, our work begins now. A pretty front page and a new site design, new additions to the team etc is just a start.

I hope we can transform this place into something even more special than it already is in the coming months.

In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

12th_Man

• Team of the Century
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 03:39:46 PM »

In simple words, you are giving all credit to Rams.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 04:24:51 PM »

Great effort!

I politely request a retraction of the congratulations doled out for fear of under-crediting the efforts of everyone else!

Seriously speaking,
The whole point of having a forum is to collaboratively create content. Everyone contributes. Sometimes it goes without saying that some do so more than others. But that is besides the point as no one can rank value. The DG cannot be what it is today without the entirety of its history behind it.
So to all who have endured the journey and to the ones who have been along for parts of the ride, congratulations.

As for the mod/marketing teams, our work begins now. A pretty front page and a new site design, new additions to the team etc is just a start.

I hope we can transform this place into something even more special than it already is in the coming months.

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

---------
Change we can believe in ;D
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 04:28:49 PM »

btw new mods, your new mod powers will come to you today

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 05:07:31 PM »

is that a threat?

relax yaar ..... taang kheench raha hoon :)

good work. Now lets get the rest of our good guys (like Sgusa, toney, suraj  etc etc back)

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 05:11:21 PM »

is that a threat?

good work. Now lets get the rest of our good guys (like Sgusa, toney, suraj  etc etc back)

and what about bouncer, pips, jai, etc. or are you not an equal opportunity provider ;)

and let's not forget the need for new members--all of us, as old members, need to be welcoming of new members who're not familiar with gangulians and cliques..the rainas and the the sharmas of the dg

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 05:15:03 PM »

is that a threat?

and what about bouncer, pips, jai, etc. or are you not an equal opportunity provider ;)

and let's not forget the need for new members--all of us, as old members, need to be welcoming of new members who're not familiar with gangulians and cliques..the rainas and the the sharmas of the dg

kyon bhai ... kyon panga le rahe ho? When did I say I am not welcoming of them? I have no haisiyat in this DG for welcoming or not welcoming anyone. I just do my level best to bring people I can influence back. Even that doesnt work always.

As to who said new members are not welcome?

and what happened to Pip anyway? I thought I was on her ignore list ... so i could not have pissed her off. Could I?

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 05:15:48 PM »

is that a threat?

Pips and Prfsr I think are still around if I am not mistaken.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 05:17:50 PM »

is that a threat?

kyon bhai ... kyon panga le rahe ho? When did I say I am not welcoming of them? I have no haisiyat in this DG for welcoming or not welcoming anyone. I just do my level best to bring people I can influence back. Even that doesnt work always.

and what happened to Pip anyway? I thought I was on her ignore list ... so i could not have pissed her off. Could I?
Maybe because there's no new ignore feature these days...but with finey back, he may demand it again :)
i recall it was installed at his insistence

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 05:19:44 PM »

is that a threat?

Pips and Prfsr I think are still around if I am not mistaken.
pips' last post:
2008-12-18

prfsr's last post:
2008-12-24

Around in the ghostly sense, I suppose.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 05:31:39 PM »

is that a threat?

Maybe because there's no new ignore feature these days...but with finey back, he may demand it again :)

Ah so u are really blaming it on me? Wonderful.

By the way .... see the history of this thread and see who is taking it down the drain.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2009, 05:32:46 PM »

is that a threat?

is this like a joke or is this your real victimhood stance...i get confused sometime. please elaborate.

kingcool1432

• Hakuna Matata
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2009, 05:34:19 PM »

CandyMachine will be in charge of design and graphics.

I thought CandyMachine was a bot  :o
Reality continues to ruin my life.  Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat, p67-1

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 05:36:04 PM »

CandyMachine will be in charge of design and graphics.

I thought CandyMachine was a bot  :o

The posting has to be set under someone's username. So, the bot uses her SN to post.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 05:36:55 PM »

is that a threat?

is this like a joke or is this your real victimhood stance...i get confused sometime. please elaborate.

were u really blaming me or were you just being you?

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 05:42:43 PM »

is that a threat?

hmm, may i ask, were you getting really blamed or were you just being you :)

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 05:49:57 PM »

Congratulations to Cricketvoice -  this is the first set of DG folks, that I was associated with, and yes while there have been ups and downs and arguments etc, really happy to see the site having done well.

Congrats to all the members here.

PS: Dex - yes, I wanted the ignore feature, but it never really worked  since one just cannot resist the temptation from both sides of the Gangulian divide :D ::Whip::
In the new world, we need to get Mock off the habit of using the ignore feature  ::argue:: where is she?

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 05:53:56 PM »

Is candymachine secret name for Mock Turtle? Possibly not, since candymc seems to be able to use computers and technology  :P

BTW - dex: what happened to your dates with blondes and all the strategy you were employing? Any success?

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 05:59:59 PM »

is that a threat?

hmm, may i ask, were you getting really blamed or were you just being you :)

thats interesting. Since you are the blamer ... u should know right?

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 06:07:33 PM »

Is candymachine secret name for Mock Turtle? Possibly not, since candymc seems to be able to use computers and technology  :P

BTW - dex: what happened to your dates with blondes and all the strategy you were employing? Any success?
fineleg, you have some catching up to do!
shhh..don't talk about that anymore.
it has worked...candymachine is actually my gf...though she's still learning about cricket, she has been kind enough to do the graphics for the site

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2009, 06:34:13 PM »

fineleg, you have some catching up to do!
shhh..don't talk about that anymore.
it has worked...candymachine is actually my gf...though she's still learning about cricket, she has been kind enough to do the graphics for the site

All the tips and advice given by DGians worked out! Welcome to candymc and congrats to dex  ::cheers::

Ok, we will keep quiet on the strategy discussions  ;)

RicePlateReddy

• Team of the Century
  • Chamat song
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2009, 09:34:04 PM »

I thought candymachine was a bot (that you refer to as your girlfriend) based on the articles posted. cricket_news' cousin on the main forum page  ;D

I do notice some posts on the etc forum that are not bot related. Is the handle being reused for bot posts? I sure hope she is not manually posting these.

http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=messages;u=810
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 09:36:01 PM by ShortSquatLeg »
I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. - (thanks, Hugh Gallagher)

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2009, 09:39:57 PM »

I thought candymachine was a bot (that you refer to as your girlfriend) based on the articles posted. cricket_news' cousin on the main forum page  ;D

I do notice some posts on the etc forum that are not bot related. Is the handle being reused for bot posts? I sure hope she is not manually posting these.

http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;sa=messages;u=810

Ya, bot posts are not exclusive to a handle! But she wants to catch up to LN's post count fast ;)
Actually, will change everything to cricket_news.

CLR James

• Team of the Century
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2009, 10:00:34 PM »

Great work Dex!

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 10:32:44 PM »

Ok, TL moment!  :icon_scratch:
Is CM a bot or dex's real g/f !?

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2009, 10:39:08 PM »

\

ooh ... we can get nasty with that. But we do love Dex. So will just give him some  :love7:

kingcool1432

• Hakuna Matata
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2009, 11:35:08 PM »

There doesn't have to be an "or" there :P
Reality continues to ruin my life.  Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat, p67-1

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2009, 11:48:52 PM »

^ a bot and the g/f, eh?  ::)

PS:
BTW - where is the bugs bunny, kingcool?
Pages: [1]   Go Up