Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fisichella denies Force India going backwards  (Read 703 times)

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
Fisichella denies Force India going backwards
« on: October 06, 2008, 02:21:42 PM »

Fisichella denies Force India going backwards
06 Oct, 2008 02:06 pm IST,AFP

FUJI SPEEDWAY: Experienced Italian Giancarlo Fisichella has denied rookie outfit Force India is going backwards, insisting their improvements have been overshadowed by other teams also getting better.

Force India, owned by billionaire Vijay Mallya, has had a sobering introduction to Formula One in its inaugural season and is the only team yet to score a point this year.

But Fisichella, who made his Grand Prix debut with Minardi in 1996 and has competed in 211 races, said it was unfair to say the car's development was not going to plan.

"No, that's not correct," he told the official F1 website.

"We are always moving forward and we have kept up with the field with honour. But every other team has done the same and this is why our progress is so little noticed."

Fisichella, though, knows that the car is not fast enough to be competitive and he will need something special in Japan this week to finally notch Force India's first points.

"To score we need special conditions, as the car this year does not have enough speed for us to do it in any other way," he said.

"Maybe rain and safety cars will come to our rescue. Let's see."

Despite routinely having to start from the back of the grid, the Italian is not disillusioned and plans to stay with the team next year.

"I only know that my boss, Vijay Mallya, has promised me a good car in 2009 and I trust him one hundred percent," he said.
http://racing.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3565834.cms

Pages: [1]   Go Up