Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: sex and the olympic city  (Read 20922 times)

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
Re: sex and the olympic city
« Reply #80 on: August 28, 2008, 06:54:24 PM »

waise to ..nothing is safe for family viewing............my mrs gears up her irritation-level as soon as i sit with my laptop! :)

Eggjactly. And not for the reasons hinted by the old perverted mod here  ;D
From the wife's view cricket is the worst - there is watching, reading, surfing, posting, looking up stats ...
;D ;D
You forgot debating, specially with mega-rathis like kban, you, inoc .. where one-line responses are not acceptable .. one has to think through the nuances and delve into expositions ;D ;D
---
Seriously, my wife wants to meet the founder of the site and "kill" him ;D

just kidding, dex ;D
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

prfsr

• Team of the Century
« Reply #81 on: August 28, 2008, 06:59:35 PM »

Okay time to write a few lines in praise of bhabhi-ji's murgh masallam.  ;D

We made it for guests some months ago -- and it was a very big hit. I did "customize" it to Bengali tastes with some little changes that I no longer remember  :-[ The guests wanted to know the recipe and I loaded the CV page. Needless to say they were surprised.

I hope this calms her down  ;D and makes Dex happy as well.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #82 on: August 28, 2008, 07:05:15 PM »

We made it for guests some months ago -- and it was a very big hit. I did "customize" it to Bengali tastes with some little changes that I no longer remember  :-[ The guests wanted to know the recipe and I loaded the CV page. Needless to say they were surprised.

Thanks prfsr.. I will inform her.

It is posts like this that make my existence here easier ;D

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #83 on: August 28, 2008, 07:09:16 PM »

waise to ..nothing is safe for family viewing............my mrs gears up her irritation-level as soon as i sit with my laptop! :)

From the wife's view cricket is the worst - there is watching, reading, surfing, posting, looking up stats ...
;D ;D
You forgot debating, specially with mega-rathis like kban, you, inoc .. where one-line responses are not acceptable .. one has to think through the nuances and delve into expositions ;D ;D
---

just kidding, dex ;D

my wife wants to know...who all are the confounded moderators...........I try to act innocent( comes with some difficulty)....my name cannot be guessed from here....but my daughter's photo is a give-away.............but luckily my wife haven't yet noticed in such details. :D

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2008, 07:21:08 PM »

;D ;D
---

just kidding, dex ;D

first the chaku will go in the murgh mussalum, then into the CV server...

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #85 on: August 29, 2008, 04:11:57 AM »

Life is a fine balance for many of us..........ek taraf biwi to aur ek taraf CV! ::cheers::  :evil4:

With the amount of time spent here...hope we don't have to make a CV to look for a new biwi  :P

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #86 on: August 29, 2008, 04:23:38 AM »

Life is a fine balance for many of us..........ek taraf biwi to aur ek taraf CV! ::cheers::  :evil4:

With the amount of time spent here...hope we don't have to make a CV to look for a new biwi  :P
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

CV se biwi kab milne lagi ;D

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #87 on: August 29, 2008, 04:24:27 AM »

BTW, why this monicker change?

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #88 on: August 29, 2008, 04:25:36 AM »

why have you turned into a "Libran"?

here's an idea - why don't you all get your wives to participate here? that should certainly keep the ogling levels under check and also make this place a lot saner.  [god]

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #89 on: August 29, 2008, 04:27:56 AM »

if some one says "no chappell fans please" on the CV, wd he/she be a racist?

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2008, 04:55:38 AM »

Change is the only constant ... 1010... is more representative of a core Libran  :icon_scratch:

Not many get to have John Lennon and Amitabh for company :)

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2008, 05:00:35 AM »

here's an idea - why don't you all get your wives to participate here? that should certainly keep the ogling levels under check and also make this place a lot saner.  [god]

My wife definitely is by my side when I am ocassionally on the DG during weekends... and more often than not, the laptop gets taken away ( I want to check some official mails, if you don't mind ...the only line used)  :o

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2008, 05:44:06 AM »

Pip: do you really think having wives participate here would keep the ogling levels in check? I do not think so.. most of the stuff here is playful and harmless .. it may appear juvenile and crass (to some with specific sensitivities) at times but not all adult humor is "mature". My humble opinion.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 05:47:38 AM by winningnow »

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2008, 06:03:44 AM »

Pip: do you really think having wives participate here would keep the ogling levels in check? I do not think so.. most of the stuff here is playful and harmless .. it may appear juvenile and crass (to some with specific sensitivities) at times but not all adult humor is "mature". My humble opinion.

i can hope, can't i?  ;D 

i know that the humour here is harmless but i still find some of it tasteless. anyway, ignore me - i am a minority and rather "uncool".

having the wives over will make the DG more interesting - more members, more opinions, maybe more non-cricket topics?

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2008, 06:09:03 AM »

i can hope, can't i?  ;D 

i know that the humour here is harmless but i still find some of it tasteless. anyway, ignore me - i am a minority and rather "uncool"

I do not think this has anything to do with "cool"ness or lack of it.

having the wives over will make the DG more interesting - more members, more opinions, maybe more non-cricket topics?
Totally agree

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2008, 06:23:38 AM »

i can hope, can't i?  ;D 

i know that the humour here is harmless but i still find some of it tasteless. anyway, ignore me - i am a minority and rather "uncool"

Totally agree

if wives join in...there will be some fall-out both within and without the DG............... they may demand an immediate over-haul of the DG mod/admin set-up...............the normal house-hold life may come to a stand-still.....................children will go on an over-drive with complains of neglect unless, they too decide to join the DG....................AND THEN THERE WILL BE FURTHER CHAOS. ::cheers::

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2008, 06:35:44 AM »

i can hope, can't i?  ;D 

Totally agree

if wives join in...there will be some fall-out both within and without the DG............... they may demand an immediate over-haul of the DG mod/admin set-up...............the normal house-hold life may come to a stand-still.....................children will go on an over-drive with complains of neglect unless, they too decide to join the DG....................AND THEN THERE WILL BE FURTHER CHAOS. ::cheers::

note to self - send mrs.blwe an email.

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2008, 06:37:44 AM »

i can hope, can't i?  ;D 

Totally agree

note to self - send mrs.blwe an email.

Blwe just blew it by giving away some closely guarded secrets  ;D

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2008, 07:15:06 AM »

i have made it thrice and it gets better each time!!!!!!

wn's better half  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2008, 07:23:45 AM »

could some kind soul direct me to this recipe on the DG? i am scared of the Etc. labyrinth.

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2008, 07:43:04 AM »

could some kind soul direct me to this recipe on the DG? i am scared of the Etc. labyrinth.

I thought you were a vegetarian  :-\

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2008, 07:44:39 AM »

i am and am seriously considering trying the "vegan" way for a few months.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2008, 07:49:17 AM »

what a self-contradictory statement!

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2008, 07:50:09 AM »

???  ???

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2008, 07:54:50 AM »

???  ???

first u said....yes, u are a vegan...............and then u follow up saying that u are seriously considering trying the vegan life-style for a few months..........which means, you are not a vegan as of now. :)

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2008, 07:57:07 AM »

???  ???

first u said....yes, u are a vegan...............and then u follow up saying that u are seriously considering trying the vegan life-style for a few months..........which means, you are not a vegan as of now. :)

i said i am a vegetarian(i consume dairy products and eggs but no fish/meat) and am considering turning a vegan(no dairy, no eggs as well). it's very hard to give up milk :(

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2008, 08:38:02 AM »

???  ???

i said i am a vegetarian(i consume dairy products and eggs but no fish/meat) and am considering turning a vegan(no dairy, no eggs as well). it's very hard to give up milk :(

why would people do such a thing  ;D
who in the world is bothered about long term benefits!

im on a diet currently - lost 2.4 kgs in the last 3 days. nothing like instant gratification  :wave:
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #107 on: August 29, 2008, 08:44:19 AM »

im on a diet currently - lost 2.4 kgs in the last 3 days. nothing like instant gratification  :wave:

just as a test of self-discipline and whether i can overcome cravings. i don't buy the "genes control cravings and so i can't help be fat" theory.

wow - 2.4 kgs in 3 days? unbelievable - what kind of diet is this! tell me pronto!

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2008, 09:02:58 AM »

just as a test of self-discipline and whether i can overcome cravings. i don't buy the "genes control cravings and so i can't help be fat" theory.

wow - 2.4 kgs in 3 days? unbelievable - what kind of diet is this! tell me pronto!

probably a very unhealthy GM diet aka the cabbage soup diet - though i am going easy on the cabbage soup (you can have unlimited amts of it as it is calorie negative - ive only had 4 bowls in 3 days - yucky).

only supposed to do it for 1 week.

http://www.cabbage-soup-diet.com/eating-plan.html

http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/~jajoo/gmdiet.html

a lot of people seem to be doing it around here and it seems to be working - and i went to india for a week and put on a good 3 kilos.

if you dont regulate after the 1 week diet you'll probably put it back on but im using it as a kickstart to a different regime.

here's a veggie option:

http://earn4blog.com/forum/others/g-m-diet

tips:

day 1 is supposed to be ONLY fruits except bananas. if you eat only watermelon and canteloupes you lose more. i lost 1.3kgs on the first day. drink your soup too.

day 2 is veggies only - no oil, saute, frying etc. i had a salad with a little lemon, vinegar and some spices, then padvalkai later. and soup (yuck!)

day 3 is veggies and fruit - i had a fruit chaat (apple, pear, pineapple, grape w chaat masala, pepper, touch of lemon), then some cauliflower. had half a serving of soup then ditched it. yuck. had fruit chaat again later at night.

currently on day 4 - only bananas (up to 8) and 3 glasses skimmed milk.

day 5 and 6 is beef - yippeee!!!!!!

--

i think this has been a heck of a test of restraint and discipline - i mean, we had our company launch and there were 2 big cakes in the office and our ceo made me cut the delicious moist looking chocolate cake with chocolate filling and chocolate covering.

and all you do is think about food  ;D ;D ;D

terrible.

the emotional part of dieting is hilarious - you feel cheated and sulk and like the world is conspiring
then last day is brown rice n veggies.

also drinking lots and lots of water - especially water with a twist of lime.

cant wait for tomorrow - beef!!!

apparently this thing detoxifies your system quite well...dunno the extent of truth of that
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 09:04:54 AM by dhruvdeepak »
-- Mohandas K *hi

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2008, 09:12:46 AM »

oh, thanks, DD. cabbage-soup-diet, here i come!  never heard of this and i *must* try it out.

i start from tomorrow!  ;D

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2008, 09:21:44 AM »

This diet probably also makes the eyes go wobbly ... 2.4 kgs in 3 days ..huh !!!  Read the display correctly
Must be the "EXCESS" fat that was shed in the first 3 days ... DD must have become one fat headed pig from the last time we saw him  >:D

I have been on a Fitness regime for the last 2 months and  do not seem to drop below 73 kgs ... while everyone says that for my height, I am perfect... Hrithik...here I come :)

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2008, 09:28:26 AM »

This diet probably also makes the eyes go wobbly ... 2.4 kgs in 3 days ..huh !!!  Read the display correctly
Must be the "EXCESS" fat that was shed in the first 3 days ... DD must have become one fat headed pig from the last time we saw him  >:D

I have been on a Fitness regime for the last 2 months and  do not seem to drop below 73 kgs ... while everyone says that for my height, I am perfect... Hrithik...here I come :)

yeah you feel quite weak at points. not today which is banana day - doing quite alright and even ran on the treadmill for 20 mins.

day 2 (veggies only) was toughest.

i think the key is to eat 3-4 times and have soup twice or thrice in between.

i also have completely stayed away from tea, coffee, alcohol etc. though the guidelines say you can have black tea/coffee

currently having a 1-banana and skim milk milkshake

and yes, i am fat. reached 71 upon return from india. though it only shows on my face mostly.
-- Mohandas K *hi

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2008, 10:15:47 AM »

raw papaya on day#1? is that right? or is it ripe papaya?(hopefully!)

else, i have to make that thai salad thingy to make it palatable.

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2008, 10:24:50 AM »

who are you bhai/bhen? please do not change your name without prior notice :D
there is more than meets the i

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2008, 04:56:34 PM »

raw papaya on day#1? is that right? or is it ripe papaya?(hopefully!)

else, i have to make that thai salad thingy to make it palatable.

stick with watermelon and a loupe....
-- Mohandas K *hi
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up