Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Now Usain Bolt Breaks World Record and Wins 200m !!!!  (Read 2255 times)

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
Now Usain Bolt Breaks World Record and Wins 200m !!!!
« on: August 20, 2008, 02:31:13 PM »

Usain Bolt does it again - wins 200m in World Record Time !!!

What a Race AGAIN - left others far behind at the 100m bend and then stepped up into another gear

What AN ATHLETE !!! JUST PHENOMENAL

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
Re: Now Usain Bolt Breaks World Record and Wins 200m !!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 02:33:51 PM »

wow - quite amazing! what a showman though!

ps: on another note, wish that girl from Bahrain had qualified for the finals.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 02:39:03 PM by pipsqueak »

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 02:37:23 PM »

this will among the most unforgettable Olympics of all time

8 gold medals for one man
2 world records and a sprint double for one man
A sprint 1-2-3 for one tiny island
3 medals for one billion people - and we will never forget this ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 02:40:09 PM by achutank »
there is more than meets the i

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2008, 03:29:32 PM »

Also the desi looking Canadian in the 100 meters hurdles who won the bronze. I was amazed to see such a fat looking chick win something
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

RicePlateReddy

• Team of the Century
  • Chamat song
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 04:22:07 PM »

Any particular reason? Is there some interesting history behind her?
I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. - (thanks, Hugh Gallagher)

RicePlateReddy

• Team of the Century
  • Chamat song
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 05:08:49 PM »

Any particular reason? Is there some interesting history behind her?

I figured out why -
http://middleeast.about.com/b/2008/08/20/bahrains-best-burqah-bikini-and-all.htm

I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. - (thanks, Hugh Gallagher)

vincent

• Team of the Century
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 05:11:34 PM »

No, but if you saw the race, she was running with thick clothes covering from toe to head. Still she was doing a great job. She will be Asian Champion if she is not one already. Even Michael Johnson was impressed with her. He said that if she did not have that terrible start she might have made it to the finals.

natty

• Test Match Star
  • we will, we will rock you!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2008, 07:13:32 PM »

Usain Bolt does it again - wins 200m in World Record Time !!!

What a Race AGAIN - left others far behind at the 100m bend and then stepped up into another gear

What AN ATHLETE !!! JUST PHENOMENAL

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Apparently Bolt was a budding fast bowler as well..

Beijing: Usain Bolt, who shattered his own world record by 0.03 seconds while winning the Olympic 100m men's final by one of the largest margins, is a big cricket fan.

The lanky laid-back young man, who won gold with a stunning burst of 9.69 seconds, has often been seen as one not too serious about his sport.

The tall 196 cm West Indian sprinter, who first hit the headlines with a win in the world junior 200m final as a 15-year-old, mentioned last week in Beijing that he loved the way big-hitting Australian cricketers Matthew Hayden and Adam Gilchrist bat.

"They bat aggressive and I really like it,'' Bolt said.

Bolt, who played street cricket like all Jamaicans in his school days, is also good friends with many of the cricketers and till a couple of years ago would once in a while turn his arm around in a fun game.

Bolt, incidentally, is a great friend of Asafa Powell, whose record he had taken away in June and improved on it further this evening.

He hangs out with Powell when at home in Kingston.

They have raced several times and while Bolt won the Jamaican Olympic trial in June, Powell got revenge in Stockholm in late July.

It is remarkable that Bolt had not made up his mind to run the 100m until he arrived in Beijing two weeks ago.

His main focus has always been the 200m, in which he won the silver medal at last year's world championships, and he has the fastest time this year of 19.67sec.
Rude, Blunt, and Uncompromising. It's not personal.

RicePlateReddy

• Team of the Century
  • Chamat song
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2008, 08:02:57 PM »

No, but if you saw the race, she was running with thick clothes covering from toe to head. Still she was doing a great job. She will be Asian Champion if she is not one already. Even Michael Johnson was impressed with her. He said that if she did not have that terrible start she might have made it to the finals.

It is beyond ridiculous to put up with these stone age morons. What about her face - why didn't they cover her face too and leave two small slits for her eyes?

She should have run the race backwards. It would have been a fitting way to honor the thinking of her countrymen.

ramshorns

• Team of the Century
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »

This guy is a stud.  Awesome feat.  A 100/200 double both World record times.

Bolt is so talented and is winning with so much time to spare that I was wondering what would have stopped him from trying to achieve the unthinkable 100/200/400 tri-factor.  From the looks of it and in hindsight he would have been fully capable of accomplishing the onerous task.

Michael Johnson did win the 200/400 combo in Atlanta and did do that in World record times at the time.

The only things that might have weigh down on Bolt's mind are the injuries and recovery time between the races which are essentially sprints and would take a lot out of each race.

But from the looks of it he would be a guy like Phelps to get it done.  Something to ponder over for the future.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 08:06:13 PM by ramshorns »
Pages: [1]   Go Up