Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Abhinav Bindra returns home  (Read 2343 times)

flute

• Team of the Century
  • Mother India
Abhinav Bindra returns home
« on: August 13, 2008, 10:53:56 PM »

Onkar Singh in New Delhi | August 14, 2008 02:02 IST

Abhinav Bindra [Images] returned to a hero's welcome in the wee hours of the morning on Thursday.

The shooter, who won India's first ever individual Olympic [Images] gold in the 10m Air Rifle event, arrived on an Air China flight from Beijing [Images].

Bindra's father Apjit Singh Bindra, mother Babli Bindra, his sister Divya Kapoor and brother-in-law Angad Kapoor were present at the airport to receive the Olympic champion.

Bindra, while showing his medals to the huge crowd that had thronged the Indira *hi [Images] International Airport, attributed his win to his family.

"I am very happy. I feel honoured that I have won the first gold medal in the olympics," Bindra said

The 25-year-old has a busy day ahead with scheduled meetings with the President Pratibha Patil [Images] and the Sports Minister MS Gill, amongst others.

Where the mind is without fear and the head held high;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
let my country awake.

flute

• Team of the Century
  • Mother India
Re: Abhinav Bindra returns home
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 11:11:53 PM »

never saw a name like Angad Kapoor which is what interetsed me and made me post this. He is son of Vaali right? who will name their kids after Vaali's son? very interesting
Where the mind is without fear and the head held high;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
let my country awake.

RicePlateReddy

• Team of the Century
  • Chamat song
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 11:19:50 PM »

never saw a name like Angad Kapoor which is what interetsed me and made me post this. He is son of Vaali right? who will name their kids after Vaali's son? very interesting

Monkey man?
I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. - (thanks, Hugh Gallagher)

prfsr

• Team of the Century
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 11:23:35 PM »

Onkar Singh in New Delhi | August 14, 2008 02:02 IST

Abhinav Bindra [Images] returned to a hero's welcome in the wee hours of the morning on Thursday.

The shooter, who won India's first ever individual Olympic [Images] gold in the 10m Air Rifle event, arrived on an Air China flight from Beijing [Images].

Bindra's father Apjit Singh Bindra, mother Babli Bindra, his sister Divya Kapoor and brother-in-law Angad Kapoor were present at the airport to receive the Olympic champion.

Bindra, while showing his medals to the huge crowd that had thronged the Indira *hi [Images] International Airport, attributed his win to his family.

"I am very happy. I feel honoured that I have won the first gold medal in the olympics," Bindra said

The 25-year-old has a busy day ahead with scheduled meetings with the President Pratibha Patil [Images] and the Sports Minister MS Gill, amongst others.

I do not know if I would value a medal more than a 200 crore hotel that his dad is giving him -- Rs 200 crore == 50 million dollars right? :) :)

prfsr

• Team of the Century
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 11:30:12 PM »

The meaning of Angada is "aabharaana" meaning "jewel"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angada

Also a Sikh Guru
http://www.gurmat.info/sms/smspublications/introductiontosikhism2/chapter4.html#What%20do%20you%20know%20of%20Guru%20Angad?

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 04:01:47 AM »

The meaning of Angada is "aabharaana" meaning "jewel"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angada

Also a Sikh Guru
http://www.gurmat.info/sms/smspublications/introductiontosikhism2/chapter4.html#What%20do%20you%20know%20of%20Guru%20Angad?

bishansingh bedi's son is angad and he is a known indian actor with one very good movie under his belt

also kunal kapoor's character name in shashi kapoor's vijeta  :)
there is more than meets the i
Pages: [1]   Go Up