Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moving skyscrapers - video - AMAZING! (NC)  (Read 4532 times)

Rocky

• One Day Star
  • Sweet!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 06:03:09 PM by Rocky »
We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
Re: Moving skyscrapers - video - AMAZING! (NC)
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 10:39:49 AM »

yeah i have the brochure for the one being built in Dubai.
it is 4mb - email me if you want me to send it over.

or just go to the website -

http://www.dynamicarchitecture.net/

interesting stuff -
1 - the building is powered by wind turbines - it generates enough electricity for itself (rotation and everyday house electricity) and for 5 other towers like it. 80 floors, one turbine in between each floor. further more, there are solar panels on the roof of each floor - so it will have the equivalent of the roofing space of 9 buildings.

2 - the construction will use a technique called pre-fabrication - where the building is completely assembled in pieces in a factory - so each floor is completely assembled WITH plumbing and electric systems AND fittings, and is just hoisted onto the building structure. each floor takes a week to fix onto the structure.
huge savings on construction costs and time
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 11:01:06 AM »

Yes...I have read abt this one in the newspapers.
Actually, when I was an architecture student abt 17 years back..............I designed a building like this in my design project.........it was a twin tower...twisting all the way and then straightenning at the top..........those were the days!
But ofcourse......there is a big gap in designing something and actually building it( in the field of architecture).

btw, some years back I saw another built project...a building in Malmo, Sweden..........where the architect, Santiago Calatrava designed and built a twisted tower( photo below).it is aptly called the 'Turning Torso'.

The one you mention above is unique in that, as it also happens to move/ spiral and is more of a machine than a static building.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 11:05:10 AM by Blwe_torch »

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 08:51:11 AM »

I would be scared to live in this building ;D
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 05:37:51 AM »

I would be scared to live in this building ;D

it depends how accurately they can set the center of gravity.
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 06:35:11 AM »

The photo above shows an office building anyway.................the revolving one, which DD mentions is of mixed use........and the owners of the apartments, can actually change the orientation, suiting the local climate through a well-controlled building management system( hopefully).

BradlyTrosclair

• Spectator
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 07:59:28 AM »

yeah i have the brochure for the one being built in Dubai.
it is 4mb - email me if you want me to send it over.

or just go to the website -

http://www.dynamicarchitecture.net/

interesting stuff -
1 - the building is powered by wind turbines - it generates enough electricity for itself (rotation and everyday house electricity) and for 5 other towers like it. 80 floors, one turbine in between each floor. further more, there are solar panel on the roof of each floor - so it will have the equivalent of the roofing space of 9 buildings.

2 - the construction will use a technique called pre-fabrication - where the building is completely assembled in pieces in a factory - so each floor is completely assembled WITH plumbing and electric systems AND fittings, and is just hoisted onto the building structure. each floor takes a week to fix onto the structure.
huge savings on construction costs and time

Just amazing design..Building is self dependent when it comes to fulfilling its power needs which is very exciting for future..
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 03:47:18 PM by BradlyTrosclair »
Pages: [1]   Go Up