Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fisichella finishes 10th: Spanish GP  (Read 942 times)

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
Fisichella finishes 10th: Spanish GP
« on: April 26, 2008, 09:23:26 AM »

Fisichella, Sutil record top 10 finish in 2nd practice session
25 Apr, 2008 09:20 pm IST,PTI

BARCELONA, April 25: Force India began the European leg of the Formula One season with a bang as both its drivers notched up top 10 finishes in the second practice session ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix here on Friday.

Fisichella was 17th on the timesheet in the first practice session while Sutil was 16th.

In the afternoon, both considerably bettered their timing with Fisichella finishing ninth, just ahead of his younger German teammate.

Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen was fastest in both practice sessions.

Despite the typical changeable weather conditions in Barcelona that saw the wind picking up over the day, Fisichella and Sutil's first runs in the second session were enough to put them first and second on the time sheets for the first 30 minutes.

The pair then moved to concentrate on longer runs and eventually finished the session with ninth and tenth fastest laps.

"Today there was in general much less grip, more understeer and wheelspin, so this morning I was struggling a little bit.

"In the afternoon I was happier and we went in the right direction. It's too early to say definitively but it doesn't look too bad," Fisichella said.

Sutil too felt the team has started well, even though wind made things tough at the Ciruit de Catalunya.

"We put on some new tyres and did some new tyre runs in the second session and the balance was very good. I was quite happy, but then later on the wind increased and although the longer runs were not bad, I was not happy with the balance," Sutil said.

Chief technical officer Mike Gascoyne did not find a reason to complain.

"Another productive day for us with no major mechanical issues on the car. The circuit had a lot less grip than the test last week as we expected, but we worked through our programme of evaluating both sets of tyres and set-up work.

"Conditions in the second session were quite tricky as the wind got up and the track temperature increased, but overall I think we are a lot more competitive than we expected to be, so we should look to have a very strong weekend," he added.
http://racing.indiatimes.com/Fisichella_Sutil_record_top_10_finish_in_2nd_practice/articleshow/2983405.cms
« Last Edit: April 27, 2008, 06:13:38 PM by Blwe_torch »

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing

Fisichella finishes 10th, another DNF for Sutil27 Apr, 2008 09:29 pm IST,PTI

BARCELONA, April 27: Giancarlo Fisichella came close to scoring his first point in a Force India car before settling for a season's best 10th place even though teammate Adrian Sutil had yet another 'Did Not Finish' tag against his name in the incident-strewn Spanish Grand Prix on Sunday.

On a day when only 13 drivers could bring home their cars, Fisichella cut through the cluttered traffic to rise to eighth position, pushing for Force India's first point of the season after 43 laps before Nick Heidfeld managed to pip the Italian.

Fisichella gave a good account of himself and the VJM01 car as he staved off Heidfeld's fancied BMW Sauber for quite a while.

Though a point eluded him, Fisichella, starting 19th on the grid, made up nine places - more than any other driver - registering his best finish of the season in the process.

Teammate Sutil came up the inside of David Coulthard's Red Bull as he spun and took Sebastian Vettel's Toro Rosso out too. Sutil's car was lifted off the track by a crane and the German youngster finished with his third DNF of the season.

It was a Ferrari one-two with Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa occupying the first two places, followed by McLaren's Lewis Hamilton.

Hamilton's teammate Heikki Kovalainen escaped serious injury after a high-speed accident.
http://racing.indiatimes.com/Fisichella_finishes_10th_another_DNF_for_Sutil/articleshow/2988510.cms

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
Re: Fisichella finishes 10th: Spanish GP
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 07:43:19 AM »

I was quite competitive: Fisichella
Barcelona: Giancarlo Fisichella came close to scoring his first point in a Force India car before settling for a season’s best 10th place even though teammate Adrian Sutil had yet another ‘did not finish’ tag against his name in the incident-strewn Spanish Grand Prix here Sunday.

On a day when only 13 drivers could bring home their cars, Fisichella cut through the cluttered traffic to rise to eighth position, pushing for Force India’s first point of the season after 43 laps before Nick Heidfeld managed to pip the Italian.

Though a point eluded him, Fisichella, starting 19th on the grid, made up nine places — more than any other driver — registering his best finish of the season in the process.

Sutil’s car was lifted off the track by a crane and the German youngster finished with his third DNF of the season.

“I know several cars had accidents but I did my best. I was comfortable and I think I was quite competitive. I enjoyed the battle with Heidfeld, he was quicker than me but I managed to keep him behind for many laps,” said the Italian.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1080428/jsp/sports/story_9198068.jsp
Pages: [1]   Go Up