Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Humor NC : Time to lock up your veggies  (Read 1060 times)

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
Humor NC : Time to lock up your veggies
« on: April 02, 2008, 07:54:23 PM »

Time to lock up your veggies
Jaspal Bhatti’s wife wants bank lockers for storing ‘precious’ vegetables
Tribune News Service

Chandigarh, April 1
The sky rocketing price of vegetables caught the fancy of the Nonsense Club, which concerned over their high prices, wanted to keep them in a bank locker.

Led by satirist Savita Bhatti, members of the club said today that considering their high price vegetables had become ‘precious’ and should be stored in a bank locker. The satirist was carrying a basket of veggies and was accompanied by four ‘black cat commandos’, as she headed toward a public sector bank to deposit them in a locker.

“I cannot send my servant to buy vegetables now, as each time you want to buy veggies one has to withdraw money from bank. Now, I have to go personally to the bank. Being so precious, I cannot be seen alone carrying them because of an eminent threat to life. So, I am now accompanied by armed commandos,” she said.

Bhatti appealed to the ministry of finance and banking to direct the banks to come forward in this hour of need to provide adequate security and issue lockers for storing vegetables. One can come to the bank each morning and take out the daily supply of vegetables, she added, as the other members of the club broke into a song “… hai hai yeh majboori, yeh ghia aur eh tori, koi kaise kharid ke laye, teri do takiyan di naukri, vich sabzi na poori aye…”

Bhatti said this rise in price of vegetables would also solve the problem of unemployment, as the unemployed youth could be hired as security staff by housewives who go to buy vegetables.
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity
Pages: [1]   Go Up