Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CricketVoice Under New Administration  (Read 2648 times)

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
CricketVoice Under New Administration
« on: April 01, 2008, 05:01:29 AM »

After many weeks of behind the scene negotiations, it is with both pleasure and regret that I announce that Rediff India will be taking over the management and ownership of CricketVoice.com for an undisclosed sum of money and stock options.  The current rules and moderators are to be retained for the time being until (if and when) Rediff decides to replace them with their own team/offer compensation.  Rediff has agreed to keep the non-corporate feel of the site. It has been a pleasure to serve as the administrator for the past 2.5 years (it has been that long!) but all good things must come to an end.  More details to follow.

Please direct any questions to me on thread and I値l do my best to answer them.

Regards,
CV Staff

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
Re: CricketVoice Under New Administration
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 05:03:28 AM »

After many weeks of behind the scene negotiations, it is with both pleasure and regret that I announce that Rediff India will be taking over the management and ownership of CricketVoice.com for an undisclosed sum of money and stock options.  The current rules and moderators are to be retained for the time being until (if and when) Rediff decides to replace them with their own team/offer compensation.  Rediff has agreed to keep the non-corporate feel of the site. It has been a pleasure to serve as the administrator for the past 2.5 years (it has been that long!) but all good things must come to an end.  More details to follow.

Regards,
CV Staff

happy april 1 to you too, Dex.

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 05:04:23 AM »

This has nothing to do with it being April 1st?  ;D

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 05:19:39 AM »

Why would you do this Dex... how can people and PP co-exist  ::Whip::

back2grave

• First Class Player
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 07:38:05 AM »

Regards,
CV Staff

Nice try Dex  :icon_thumleft:

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 08:07:30 AM »

hey you got me for a minute till pip said what pip said   :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_jokercolor:
there is more than meets the i

Rocky

• One Day Star
  • Sweet!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 09:28:19 AM »

hey you got me for a minute till pip said what pip said   :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_jokercolor:

Me too. Good Job Dex.  ;D
We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
Resignation
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 09:59:31 AM »

Dear all,

Due to the changes in CV's administration, I regret to inform you that I am hereby resigning from my post as Moderator of the DG.

CV has been close to my heart for a long time. To see this organization sell out after working so hard in the past two and a half years is a sorrow I am not able to bear. I refuse to stand by and watch this blatant prostitution. In a mark of protest, I am relieving myself of all the duties, responsibilities and privileges that I have enjoyed in the past 14 months.

In this age of avarice and mistrust, CV stood out as a shining beacon - an organization rooted in the purest of principles - to serve the people. The leadership, in the past two and a half years, have not wavered from the dedication to this core value. To see CV reduced to this - is something I am not ready to stand by and let happen on my watch. With Rediff's acquisition, CV is unfortunately set to slide into an abyss from which it will not recover and will fade into nothingness.

Furthermore, I did not know anything about stock options. I will see you in court, Dex.

Regards,

Dhruv

PS, I will be ready to re-assume my Mod position tomorrow
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 10:17:07 AM »

You should have stopped at " As a mark of protest, I am relieving myself "

That would have been enough to raise the stink on the DG  >:D

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 10:38:09 AM »

hahahhahaah  :notworthy: :notworthy:
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 02:14:25 PM »

:icon_thumleft: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
there is more than meets the i

RicePlateReddy

• Team of the Century
  • Chamat song
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 02:30:03 PM »

After many weeks of behind the scene negotiations, it is with both pleasure and regret that I announce that Rediff India will be taking over the management and ownership of CricketVoice.com for an undisclosed sum of money and stock options.

I will send some money via Pay Pal for you to deal with this unexpected financial hole.
I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. - (thanks, Hugh Gallagher)

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 03:03:37 PM »

Actually this isnt an April Fools. Dex has been serious.

I have myself had some negotiations with Rediff too and am now taking over as the Chief Moderator of the site. I am currently in the process of modifying some rules of the DG which will soon be posted.

Needless to say one of the rules that will be enforced from immediate effect is that every post will need to have a reference to Rasgullah in some way or the other else the poster will face action.

Other rules regarding treating of PP as a national Icon etc are still being investigated
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

k-slice

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 05:05:54 PM »

ok guys relax!!

I now work for rediff and I am the one who asked them to buy out this site. The undisclosed sum was $100,000 and the total sahres given to the owner was 5. Now that i own the site i hereby appoint coverpoint as head moderator, the turtle lady if she still visits(i have visited after a while hence i dont know) will be the new manager and only anti SG/SRT/RD and pro GC posts will hereby be allowed.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 06:17:10 PM »

Welcome back, k-slice. Look forward to you posting regularly again.
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 06:29:59 PM »

BTW, is PP's blog down?
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

cricinfo

• Team of the Century
  • Laxative Looses wicket
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2008, 06:33:40 PM »

BTW, is PP's blog down?

you miss it that much ?
Laxman The Laxative Of Indian Cricket

Vick

• Team of the Century
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2008, 07:05:04 PM »

Regards,
CV Staff

Would my applications for having a login on the new site pass through PremJi?

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 08:37:49 PM »

Regards,
CV Staff

Would my applications for having a login on the new site pass through PremJi?

Since you are a Dare Devil fan ... I will talk to him :)
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up