Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Ranji 2007-08 Tracker - Plz Post Notable Daily Performances & Updates  (Read 50230 times)

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
Re: Ranji Tracker - Plz Post Notable Daily Performances & Updates
« Reply #80 on: November 06, 2007, 07:37:05 PM »

in the Ranji, performance-wise over this 1st round:

1) Dravid
2) Tyagi
3) Raina
4) Tiwari
5) Pankaj Singh
6) H Watekar

Is there are rank order in your list.. if there is.. Raina at #1, IMO

well its complicated, i gave points for RD playing against a better attack, and at an amazing SR today. Raina played against Orissa although it was a tremendous knock im sure. Tyagi gets points for doing it in his first ever game!
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #81 on: November 06, 2007, 08:28:39 PM »

CHENNAI: Character is revealed in crisis, and Tamil Nadu, on Tuesday, had several revelations that warmed the heart.

To put it in context, it must be said that the Maharashtra bowlers — barring Munaf Patel — comprised a less than threatening attack; the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium strip had few devils; and Tamil Nadu was fighting to stay in the contest — not setting up play, as was expected of the host against a Maharashtra side so young, a majority of its members haven’t shaved yet.

But, a lost toss, poor discipline with the new ball, and a lack of penetration on a batting wicket had pushed Tamil Nadu into a tough spot in its Ranji Trophy super league match.

Resuming on 58 for three in response to Maharashtra’s 430, S. Badrinath’s side needed to bat all day to deny Maharashtra three points.

At various stages on Tuesday, it looked unlikely Tamil Nadu would survive; but, each time the side found a man for the fight.

No praise can be too high for Badrinath. Food poisoning kept him home on Monday; when he walked out at 132 for five, he looked decidedly wan. Indeed, he spent most of his time between deliveries doubled up in pain. After a weak poke at the first ball he faced, he got underway with a crisp cut.

For nearly two and a half hours, Badrinath battled in the heat. On 26, he took a runner (Dinesh Karthik), giving himself some breathing space.

When he looked like a boxer down for the count, he called for a restorative draught of water.

Finally, having reached 72, he couldn’t continue. He had to be helped off the field; he was put on drips in the dressing room.

For all his physical struggle, Badrinath’s batting rarely looked laboured. He struck three sixes in his 121-ball innings, and each time a relaxed swing conveyed the ball over the rope.

Calm under pressure

Badrinath put on 41 with the left-handed K. Shri Vasudeva Das — their union ending with the kind of confusion that seems around the corner when a runner is part of the action — before adding 66 with R. Srinivasan.

While Vasudeva Das’s was an important innings, for he kept one end up, Srinivasan’s 62 (117b, 9x4) on Ranji debut stood out for its calm under pressure. Moreover, Srinivasan looks the part: he is a compact little player, whose technique seems well put-together. A high left elbow adds aesthetically. With his athleticism in the field, Srinivasan is a good addition to the Tamil Nadu side. His 67-run partnership with R. Ashwin — fast becoming a valuable asset — ensured Maharashtra wasn’t allowed into the match after Badrinath left.

Ashwin (51 n.o., 120b, 9x4) batted out 50 minutes in V. Yomahesh’s company — with Badrinath padded up in the pavilion — before fading light forced the players off the field, four overs short. Dinesh Karthik’s 56 (96b, 7x4, 1x6) had earlier helped Tamil Nadu through a tricky period in the morning. The sides took a point each from the match.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #82 on: November 06, 2007, 08:53:39 PM »

No praise can be too high for Badrinath. Food poisoning kept him home on Monday; when he walked out at 132 for five, he looked decidedly wan. Indeed, he spent most of his time between deliveries doubled up in pain. After a weak poke at the first ball he faced, he got underway with a crisp cut.

For nearly two and a half hours, Badrinath battled in the heat. On 26, he took a runner (Dinesh Karthik), giving himself some breathing space.

When he looked like a boxer down for the count, he called for a restorative draught of water.

Finally, having reached 72, he couldn’t continue. He had to be helped off the field; he was put on drips in the dressing room.

For all his physical struggle, Badrinath’s batting rarely looked laboured. He struck three sixes in his 121-ball innings, and each time a relaxed swing conveyed the ball over the rope.

---
WOW!!!! Put him in the TEST team, now. We need such characters!!
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

OldPal

• Team of the Century
« Reply #83 on: November 06, 2007, 08:58:29 PM »

Yep .. This guys seems a fighter .

RicePlateReddy

• Team of the Century
  • Chamat song
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2007, 09:06:50 PM »

Agarkar II playing for Maharashtra!!!!

AS Agharkar     not out     0     0     3     0     0     0.00

We are aghast.
I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. - (thanks, Hugh Gallagher)

manee

• Fast Bowling Guru
  • Test Match Star
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2007, 09:11:26 PM »

---

When was the last time the guy didn't score a fifty. He is a talent and I lose ALL faith in the BCCI if he does not find a place in the test squad against Pakistan.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2007, 09:19:23 PM »

---

When was the last time the guy didn't score a fifty. He is a talent and I lose ALL faith in the BCCI if he does not find a place in the test squad against Pakistan.
Frankly, and I don't want to over-exaggerate this.. the last 2 times I have seen or heard of something like this in the area of professional sport..
1. Michael Jordan playing for Bulls against Jazz in the NBA finals
2. Anil Kumble bowling against Windies in a test with his jaw strapped

RicePlateReddy

• Team of the Century
  • Chamat song
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2007, 09:35:05 PM »

Not disagreeing with the talent and merit part.

They are already going to have a headache picking 4 from Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly, Laxman, Yuvraj. Adding a 6th to the mix means he will warm the benches.

At this stage, I would play Dravid, Tendulkar, Yuvraj and Badrinath in test 1 and rest Ganguly so the new guys get a looking in prior to Australia. In test two, I would rest Tendulkar and play Ganguly. If Laxman shows supreme form suddenly, I would draft him in place of Yuvraj or Badri in test 3.
I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. - (thanks, Hugh Gallagher)

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2007, 11:15:16 PM »

---

What do u mean you will LOSE faith in BCCI? Do you indeed have faith in them? They are a bunch of nincompoops and focussing more on the Poop than on nincom
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

cricinfo

• Team of the Century
  • Laxative Looses wicket
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2007, 01:43:38 AM »

---

as we are concerned about selecting the best , i think a half-fit Badri is better than RD based on domestic performance ...he should get picked
Laxman The Laxative Of Indian Cricket

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2007, 03:35:24 AM »

---

Frankly, and I don't want to over-exaggerate this.. the last 2 times I have seen or heard of something like this in the area of professional sport..

Dean Jones in Chennai
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2007, 03:37:09 AM »

---

boss, this is a bit dramatic for food poisoning...im sure it happens every time an english team tours the subcontinent.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2007, 03:52:38 AM »

---

boss, this is a bit dramatic for food poisoning...im sure it happens every time an english team tours the subcontinent.
I am sure people living in or from Chennai can attest.. the humidity there can be atrocious.. and if you are dehydrated due to food poisoning, the loss of fluids can be dangerous.. also, he was put on  a drip immediately.. that is serious stuff, sir.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2007, 03:19:19 PM »

---

as we are concerned about selecting the best , i think a half-fit Badri is better than RD based on domestic performance ...he should get picked

wow!!!

Gangulians ki sachai zyada der nahin chhup sakti

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2007, 05:18:29 PM »

---

I am sure people living in or from Chennai can attest.. the humidity there can be atrocious.. and if you are dehydrated due to food poisoning, the loss of fluids can be dangerous.. also, he was put on  a drip immediately.. that is serious stuff, sir.

I entirely agree. I salute Badri - Playing in Chennai humidity even in November when you are already sapped off fluids is performing the impossible !!!!

prfsr

• Team of the Century
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2007, 05:36:32 PM »

---

wow!!!

Gangulians ki sachai zyada der nahin chhup sakti

Good call! :notworthy:

If you support Badri, you are a Gangulian. If you support RD (instead of giving Badri a chance) you are a Maharathi supporter and indirectly a Gangulian.

:notworthy: :notworthy:
-P

amit_c

• 12th Man
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2007, 05:49:58 PM »

What exactly am I missing here ? I thought Dravid played a bit against Bombay.

vincent

• Team of the Century
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2007, 05:51:29 PM »

---

Dean Jones in Chennai

(Hmm, I lost the post I wrote before since someone else posted something at the same time..Let me try one last time)

- Pete Sampras, in that famous US Open semi finals winning a 5 set match against Alex Corretja despite having serious stomach problems, vomiting between points and being literally on his knees many times in agony.....Fighting spirit.

- Paula Radcliff, two years ago at London Marathon. Half way through the race she had to attend to the #2 call of nature which she promptly did on the roadside, centre of London, in the full glare of TV cameras. She won by a wide margin. She absolutely wanted to prove that she is the best in the world since a year earlier she had lost both long distance gold medals at Athens Olympics due to...dehydration......Desire to give the best.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2007, 07:58:05 PM »

---

Dean Jones in Chennai

(Hmm, I lost the post I wrote before since someone else posted something at the same time..Let me try one last time)

- Pete Sampras, in that famous US Open semi finals winning a 5 set match against Alex Corretja despite having serious stomach problems, vomiting between points and being literally on his knees many times in agony.....Fighting spirit.

- Paula Radcliff, two years ago at London Marathon. Half way through the race she had to attend to the #2 call of nature which she promptly did on the roadside, centre of London, in the full glare of TV cameras. She won by a wide margin. She absolutely wanted to prove that she is the best in the world since a year earlier she had lost both long distance gold medals at Athens Olympics due to...dehydration......Desire to give the best.
You are kidding me, yikes. Can we not compare this to Badri's efforts, please ;D ;D

gouravk

• Team of the Century
  • Which way will this ball swing ?
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2007, 08:23:36 PM »

So what if he is such a great character ? bottomline is there needs to be a vacancy ... is there one in the test team ?
...Tvameva Vidya Dravidam Tvameva ... Tvameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva !!

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #100 on: November 07, 2007, 09:11:24 PM »

So what if he is such a great character ? bottomline is there needs to be a vacancy ... is there one in the test team ?

there are plenty of vacancies ... unfortunately we have some goondas who have forcibly taken the places over. Maharathi ka Ghosla

CLR James

• Team of the Century
« Reply #101 on: November 07, 2007, 09:19:41 PM »

there are plenty of vacancies ... unfortunately we have some goondas who have forcibly taken the places over. Maharathi ka Ghosla

No Vacancy. None whatsoever. Sign on Door: You have to be 31 to enter.  ;D ;D

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #102 on: November 07, 2007, 09:21:44 PM »

No Vacancy. None whatsoever. Sign on Door: You have to be 31 to enter.  ;D ;D

Or a Goonda with sponsor ki laathi

CLR James

• Team of the Century
« Reply #103 on: November 07, 2007, 09:30:39 PM »

It is really heartening to hear the patriot call three of our greatest cricketers goondas.

cricinfo

• Team of the Century
  • Laxative Looses wicket
« Reply #104 on: November 07, 2007, 09:49:32 PM »

What exactly am I missing here ? I thought Dravid played a bit against Bombay.

amit you probably missed the sarcasm...anyday anytime i will go for RD , but some people apparently think at the moment whoever has best records  in domestics should be picked up(irrespective of past records and experiences in internationals) . So i suggested Badri's name because pure domestic performances might throw up some interesting names and even most non-controversial of players - Yuvi might not get a place in team .
Laxman The Laxative Of Indian Cricket

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2007, 12:51:26 AM »

Oh, I will probably go for a half-fit Badri instead of anyone - he is in the form of his life now IMO.

RicePlateReddy

• Team of the Century
  • Chamat song
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2007, 02:36:02 AM »

Paula Radcliff, two years ago at London Marathon. Half way through the race she had to attend to the #2 call of nature which she promptly did on the roadside, centre of London, in the full glare of TV cameras. She won by a wide margin. She absolutely wanted to prove that she is the best in the world since a year earlier she had lost both long distance gold medals at Athens Olympics due to...dehydration......Desire to give the best.
You are kidding me, yikes. Can we not compare this to Badri's efforts, please ;D ;D

#2 call of nature ... full glare of TV cameras? The bottomline is she won  ;D

BTW, many a maharathi has done the same on the cricket pitch, if only you honestly noticed.

gouravk

• Team of the Century
  • Which way will this ball swing ?
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2007, 10:17:30 PM »

i wouldnt in my senses dream of replacing either of RD, SRT, SG or VVS from the test side for the sake of God at the moment, let alone badri.
...Tvameva Vidya Dravidam Tvameva ... Tvameva Sarvam Mama Deva Deva !!

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2007, 06:17:22 AM »

Badri goes for a duck, KKD not out on 55

TN - 88/4

The over rated  Chopra fails again

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2007, 06:35:10 AM »

Munaf Patel 4 wkts so far against Rajastan.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2007, 06:45:46 AM »

Munaf has found his niche.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2007, 06:54:12 AM »

RD 54 n.o. at lunch. Or should this post be on RD watch? ;D

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2007, 06:57:51 AM »

*R Dravid (rhb) 54     88     7     1     61.36

Against Himachal Pradesh!!!

HP team - Sandeep Sharma, M Gupta, Sangram Singh, MS Bisla, P Dogra, A Mannu, Mukesh Sharma, V Bhatia, Sarandeep Singh, VS Malik, AK Thakur

How are they in the "Elite" group???

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #113 on: November 15, 2007, 06:58:54 AM »

you just beat to me to it because of my value added comments on the HP team

i guess this deserves to be there on both threads .. although ganavk is bound to take care of that .. especially if the SR remains high ;)

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2007, 07:02:46 AM »

Gony 'sacks' Ravi Teja for 55. VVS at the crease.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #115 on: November 15, 2007, 07:04:16 AM »

Btw, I see that Yashpal Singh is captain of the Services team.

Yashpal Singh 3 0 14 0 4.66

Wasn't he one of the ICL rebels?? Has he come back or is "Services" more accomodating than the BCCI?

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2007, 07:09:06 AM »

Wasn't he one of the ICL rebels?? Has he come back or is "Services" more accomodating than the BCCI?
He can only be court martialed not tried in court I guess. ;D

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2007, 07:14:45 AM »

He can only be court martialed not tried in court I guess. ;D

I just checked .. unless I totally missed it, his name is not there in any of the teams posted on the other thread

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2007, 07:33:29 AM »

Btw does that ICL website even open? Looks like it is hosted on Chandra's home PC.  ???

ganavk

• Team of the Century
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2007, 07:44:04 AM »

you just beat to me to it because of my value added comments on the HP team

i guess this deserves to be there on both threads .. although ganavk is bound to take care of that .. especially if the SR remains high ;)
Hmmm..I would wait for his century before posting in that thread if required :)
Well..I am not bothered about his strike rate. I believe that it is a right move to drop him but I also believe that there is one more person in this team who is not worthy of his position in the team. well..looks like RD has got his groove back and this is nothing but best for Anil Kumble. Ever since he quit captaincy I got a distinct feeling that he was not made feel comfortable but under AK he should do very well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15   Go Up