Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Ranji 2007-08 Tracker - Plz Post Notable Daily Performances & Updates  (Read 50225 times)

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
Re: Ranji Tracker - Plz Post Notable Daily Performances & Updates
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2007, 04:36:41 PM »

Ajay Ratra - U19 .. hmm, when did he play U19 ..or is this guy someone different

He was the wicketkeeper when we won U19 world cup with Kaif as captain. He was India wicketkeeper before Parthiv. he has had quite difficult time in last 2-3 years. Lost his place in haryana team and now has resurfaced playing for Goa.
Of course, I know that Ratra.
My point was why are highlighting U19 for people who are way beyond that. I thought you were mentioning current U19 players.. I am assuming most players may have played U19 at some stage, what is the point of highlighting that.
Play with heart. Win with class. Lose with dignity

Vick

• Team of the Century
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2007, 05:59:50 PM »

Ajay Ratra - U19 .. hmm, when did he play U19 ..or is this guy someone different

He was the wicketkeeper when we won U19 world cup with Kaif as captain. He was India wicketkeeper before Parthiv. he has had quite difficult time in last 2-3 years. Lost his place in haryana team and now has resurfaced playing for Goa.
My point was why are highlighting U19 for people who are way beyond that. I thought you were mentioning current U19 players.. I am assuming most players may have played U19 at some stage, what is the point of highlighting that.

In Ratra and PP's case i wasnt highlighting the fact that they were ex U19 players but rather that they were keepers. We seems to have all off sudden way too many keepers who are doing really well. Some of them have even started playing as batsman (like Kaul).

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2007, 06:03:40 PM »

In Ratra and PP's case i wasnt highlighting the fact that they were ex U19 players but rather that they were keepers. We seems to have all off sudden way too many keepers who are doing really well. Some of them have even started playing as batsman (like Kaul).
True.. Gilchrist/MSD effect??
I think this is the lasting legacy of Adam Gilchrist to world cricket. The days of pure wicketkeeper are over (numbered).

Vick

• Team of the Century
« Reply #43 on: November 05, 2007, 06:47:31 PM »

I think this is the lasting legacy of Adam Gilchrist to world cricket. The days of pure wicketkeeper are over (numbered).

Yes i will agree with that. Also they way SG/JW combo looked to get a wicketkeeper batsman sent a signal to every aspiring player to move in that direction. Thats why i never worry about availibility of talent in batting and spin bowling. Its only pace bowlers we find it difficult to find. But even there i feel in next few years we will see every ranji team having at least couple of 135KMPH bowlers on their payrole.

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #44 on: November 05, 2007, 10:40:00 PM »

Yes i will agree with that. Also they way SG/JW combo looked to get a wicketkeeper batsman sent a signal to every aspiring player to move in that direction. Thats why i never worry about availibility of talent in batting and spin bowling. Its only pace bowlers we find it difficult to find. But even there i feel in next few years we will see every ranji team having at least couple of 135KMPH bowlers on their payrole.

<straight face>

Thats the reason starting last season I too have taken up wicket keeping. Currently am keeping at Deep Drop Gupta levels and hope to achieve PP levels by the end of this season. I should be ready for national duty in another 20 odd years
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

Vick

• Team of the Century
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2007, 11:02:12 PM »

<straight face>

Thats the reason starting last season I too have taken up wicket keeping. Currently am keeping at Deep Drop Gupta levels and hope to achieve PP levels by the end of this season. I should be ready for national duty in another 20 odd years

But the position has already been filled and there are already 10 more guys trying to get in. If you were really smart you will start practicing swing bowling. That will get you in the team much faster.

Jai

• Team of the Century
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2007, 11:36:36 PM »

<straight face>

But the position has already been filled and there are already 10 more guys trying to get in. If you were really smart you will start practicing swing bowling. That will get you in the team much faster.

No 'ifs' and 'buts' please. 'If' cows could fly, who knows what would have happened?  :D

Cover Point

• Cover Point
  • Team of the Century
  • Cover Point
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2007, 01:53:04 AM »

<straight face>

No 'ifs' and 'buts' please. 'If' cows could fly, who knows what would have happened?  :D

Jai, dil tod diyatune.... thakur. tune dosti ko gaali di hai. Dhikkar hai!
tune dikha diya desh, dosti sab baad main.... Gangulian tu pehle.

dost dost na raha.....
Busting Gangulian chops since eternity.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2007, 03:36:28 AM »

OVER. Numbers have run out.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2007, 03:39:03 AM »

SS Paul had a good outing for Bengal ... I am very surprised this guy does not get talked about much more ... probably because he has been around for a while. But, I've been impressed whenever I have watched him bowl .. he is much quicker and sharper than most of the potential guys we are looking at these days.

Plus, GC also rated him quite high.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

CLR James

• Team of the Century
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2007, 04:05:40 AM »

SS Paul had a good outing for Bengal ... I am very surprised this guy does not get talked about much more ... probably because he has been around for a while. But, I've been impressed whenever I have watched him bowl .. he is much quicker and sharper than most of the potential guys we are looking at these days.

How quick is he k-i-c? Does he move the ball? He was in track for a while and then he got injured. He was actually much more promising than Bose.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2007, 04:10:04 AM »

How quick is he k-i-c? Does he move the ball? He was in track for a while and then he got injured. He was actually much more promising than Bose.

I dont know for sure, CLR. Speed guns were not there in Indian cricket telecasts till very recently. But, he did look faster than most of the guys we see bowling now .. my sense is that he would be in the 135-140 kph range.

I didnt know about the injuries .. maybe that's why he fell by the wayside.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2007, 04:14:06 AM »

SS Paul

First-class 44  173 23.94 2.79 51.3
List A        53  74  25.09 4.37 34.4 
Twenty20   8   12 15.33  5.90 15.5

Read as matches, wickets, average, ER, SR - this is a very good record, across all formats.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 05:16:30 AM by keep-it-cool »

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2007, 04:58:32 AM »

Why has Badri not come to bat yet..it is 4 wickets down?

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2007, 05:18:34 AM »

SS Paul - 3 for 20 in 15 overs against Hyderabad. Includes the prized scalp of VVS.

Vick

• Team of the Century
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2007, 05:24:58 AM »

I dont know for sure, CLR. Speed guns were not there in Indian cricket telecasts till very recently. But, he did look faster than most of the guys we see bowling now .. my sense is that he would be in the 135-140 kph range.

I didnt know about the injuries .. maybe that's why he fell by the wayside.

He was injured most of last season. before that he was playing for A team.

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2007, 05:37:07 AM »

*R Dravid (rhb) 131 241 16 2 54.35

- Guess who is going to be back for the 3rd ODI  ;)

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2007, 05:46:40 AM »

looks like all the dropped guys want to teach the selectors a thing or two...
    KD Karthik (rhb)     46     90     6     0     51.11  non-striker

RR Powar    29    6    69    5    2.37    (1nb)

badri still hasnt batted
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2007, 05:49:11 AM »

note the progression in SR ... he's scored 54 in 63 balls today ... the key question here is whether AK will throw a challenge at Mumbai and his own bowlers (including himself)

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2007, 05:52:07 AM »

note the progression in SR ... he's scored 54 in 63 balls today ... the key question here is whether AK will throw a challenge at Mumbai and his own bowlers (including himself)
And guess who he will replace, Paveen Kumar. ;D

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2007, 05:53:37 AM »

this kid pradeep sangwan (16 yo) looks great! superb left arm swing!
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2007, 05:54:47 AM »

And guess who he will replace, Paveen Kumar. ;D

I dont think he will come back .. would be very unfair to move any one of VS, RS, PK out ... without giving them even one game.

I guess GG scoring that 40 odd spoilt all plans ... but, you never know ... rotation may be back in fashion ;)

Vick

• Team of the Century
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2007, 05:56:50 AM »

This Pradeep Sangwan guy is decent. Lefty with good shape into right handers. Tall, decent pace(late 120s) and ability to swing the ball. I am now sure if the bowling machine is working fine. It shows Bhandari bowling at 110-115 kmph. Last i saw him he bowled atleast in 130s.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2007, 05:57:11 AM »

this kid pradeep sangwan (16 yo) looks great! superb left arm swing!

Oh, Delhi has started bowling again .. I agree .. looks very impressive .. especially if he is only 16 (I dont know how authentic that figure is really)

I liked the look of Pankaj Singh too .. another 5 wicket haul (10 wickets in the innings)

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #64 on: November 06, 2007, 05:57:51 AM »

This Pradeep Sangwan guy is decent. Lefty with good shape into right handers. Tall, decent pace(late 120s) and ability to swing the ball. I am now sure if the bowling machine is working fine. It shows Bhandari bowling at 110-115 kmph. Last i saw him he bowled atleast in 130s.

I agree .. the speed gun appears dodgy

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2007, 06:40:40 AM »

There is a 15 yr old wicket keeper going by the name Vishant More, playing for Maharashtra ... any relation to Kiran More?

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2007, 06:48:47 AM »

Vishant Vasantrao More. I doubt it.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2007, 07:56:21 AM »

Why is Badri batting at No. 7 for TN??

Unbeaten on 30, but only the tail for company now.

Munaf has scalped two TN wickets so far.

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2007, 08:17:04 AM »

HH Watekar     lbw b Goel     137     346     239     13     1     57.32
     HH Watekar     retired hurt     100     0     146     10     1     68.49

great match for what-a-car (playing for Andhra)! he had a FC average of 22!!
-- Mohandas K *hi

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2007, 09:20:21 AM »

captain     S Badrinath     retired hurt     72     0     121     9     3     59.50
-- Mohandas K *hi

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2007, 09:25:54 AM »

captain     S Badrinath     retired hurt     72     0     121     9     3     59.50

wow ... looks like he really upped the ante towards the end .. wonder what forced him to retire

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2007, 09:30:19 AM »

The good thing is that almost every member expected to come into the test squad has had a good outing.

KKD, WJ, RD have got runs ... hopefully, VVS and AK will get some form going as well.

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2007, 09:59:02 AM »

wow ... looks like he really upped the ante towards the end .. wonder what forced him to retire

Stomach upset forced him off the field yesterday, which is why he batted at #7 today. He retired hurt because of that today. He'll probably bat again if required to bat and save the game (1st innings lead).... ???

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »

Stomach upset forced him off the field yesterday, which is why he batted at #7 today. He retired hurt because of that today. He'll probably bat again if required to bat and save the game (1st innings lead).... ???

No ... now, the match is over ... drawn without the first innings being completed ... i think they lost a day atleast to rain or something.

OldPal

• Team of the Century
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2007, 01:57:41 PM »

My Picks were as under :
1. Rahul dravid
2.Badrinath
3.Sraina
4. M tiwari
5. Sudeep Tyagi ( UP team, took 10 wickets in match very first FC match )

The batsmen because they have been under radar and still performed
The UP guy ( because of Regionalism and picked up 10 wickets in the very first FC match- I think he got in because of absence of Praveen Kumar.)

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #75 on: November 06, 2007, 02:36:53 PM »

in the Ranji, performance-wise over this 1st round:

1) Dravid
2) Tyagi
3) Raina
4) Tiwari
5) Pankaj Singh
6) H Watekar
-- Mohandas K *hi

Jai

• Team of the Century
« Reply #76 on: November 06, 2007, 02:39:30 PM »

I think Bengal keeper W Saha who made his debut did very well in this match. Other than Tiwary, the Bengal scorecard doesn't look that impressive with the top three batsmen scoring 25 each and captain Shukla not opening his account. It's the Tiwary-Saha partnership that tilted the game in Bengal's favor.

Vick

• Team of the Century
« Reply #77 on: November 06, 2007, 02:43:46 PM »

My Picks were as under :
1. Rahul dravid
2.Badrinath
3.Sraina
4. M tiwari
5. Sudeep Tyagi ( UP team, took 10 wickets in match very first FC match )

The batsmen because they have been under radar and still performed
The UP guy ( because of Regionalism and picked up 10 wickets in the very first FC match- I think he got in because of absence of Praveen Kumar.)

Some of the spinners did well too. Like Powar, Amit Mishra and Mohnish Parmar.

manee

• Fast Bowling Guru
  • Test Match Star
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2007, 04:27:03 PM »

Munaf Patel did well. Taking two wickets and going for well under 2 runs per over and Dinesh Karthik did well, taking all those catches.

LosingNow

• Team of the Century
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2007, 04:44:31 PM »

in the Ranji, performance-wise over this 1st round:

1) Dravid
2) Tyagi
3) Raina
4) Tiwari
5) Pankaj Singh
6) H Watekar

Is there are rank order in your list.. if there is.. Raina at #1, IMO