Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Ranji 2007-08 Tracker - Plz Post Notable Daily Performances & Updates  (Read 50227 times)

Vick

• Team of the Century
Re: Ranji Tracker - Plz Post Notable Daily Performances & Updates
« Reply #200 on: November 26, 2007, 03:25:35 AM »

Pujara has started the season really well. 3 hundred in second innings of all three games. Also looking at scorecards it seems teams are doing better in their second innings. The ex U19 offie from last WC also started his career well picking 21 in 3 games. Lets hope his action has been fixed. He used to bowl like Murali. Few More recent U19 guys doing well Uday Kaul and Ravi Teja.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
  • Thanda Thanda Kool Kool
« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2007, 03:40:15 AM »

36.8 is an awesome strike rate by any standards. Given what we saw of VRV, it reflects the poor quality of domestic batting, I guess.

The green top of Mohali also provides help.

yeah, but i imagine he'd also be playing a fair number of away games these days.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #202 on: November 26, 2007, 04:03:50 AM »

With news trickling in that SS will most probably miss the Aussie tour also, VRV has made the selectors sit up and take notice. Sangwan also seems to be doing well.

Vick

• Team of the Century
« Reply #203 on: November 26, 2007, 04:10:47 AM »

36.8 is an awesome strike rate by any standards. Given what we saw of VRV, it reflects the poor quality of domestic batting, I guess.

yeah, but i imagine he'd also be playing a fair number of away games these days.

Thats the number i would be interested in. In Ranji these days most of seamers do well. case in point Jogi, Bose and Ga*eep.

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #204 on: November 26, 2007, 04:15:35 AM »

With news trickling in that SS will most probably miss the Aussie tour also, VRV has made the selectors sit up and take notice. Sangwan also seems to be doing well.

Duck is now almost certain to be in the flight to Melbourne  ;D ;D

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2007, 04:25:35 AM »

OK - now Badrinath is just GONE NUTS here !!!!! - TN have 1 pt in 2 games, they had a lead of 200, but Badri didn't enforce the follow-on and they are still batting on the last day with a 404 run lead !!!!!! - this was a great chance to get 6 pts and Badri screws it up royally !!

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #206 on: November 26, 2007, 04:59:57 AM »

Thats the number i would be interested in. In Ranji these days most of seamers do well. case in point Jogi, Bose and Ga*eep.

wickets are fine ... but VRV's SR is a good 10 balls better than most of these guys. I think that is a big big difference.
Sachin Tendulkar gave the muhurat clap for 'Awwal Number' - that apart, he hasn't done much wrong in the last 20 yrs!

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #207 on: November 26, 2007, 05:04:31 AM »

Duck is now almost certain to be in the flight to Melbourne  ;D ;D
That incidentally is a real recurring nightmare. ;D

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #208 on: November 26, 2007, 05:25:57 AM »

Number Crunching

VRV Singh ended the Utter Pradesh first innings with 7/112 off 21.1, this gives him an FC strike rate of 36.8 (taking away Tests).

By comparison, and this is taking away Tests, these are the FC SRs of current Indian Test bowlers.

Zaheer Khan - 42.6
RP Singh - 45.8
Munaf Patel - 46.4
Sreesanth - 61.2

Top performers outside the Test team:

Ga*eep Singh - 48.2
Ishant Sharma - 51.8
Shib Paul - 52.2
Ranadeb Bose - 55.8

Notice how those favoured by the selection panel have better FC strike rates than their non selected counterparts...

Interesting...

If you are refering to lower S/R of VRV over others selected ahead of him, i.e., ZK, RPS, MP, SS: ZK is out of this discussion, more experienced and has played more f/c games. It is easier to have a lower s/r over a handful of games, but tougher to maintain over a few seasons. The other 3 - RPS, SS, MP all made their international debuts in 2005-06 season along with VRV. Out of them, MP, SS, and RPS seemed more of a finished product than VRV.

I believe VRV is on the selection radar more than Bose, Paul, Ishant, Ga*eep. Bose and Ishant were selected for the Eng tour because VRV was injured at that time. RPS would have fallen off the radar if he had performed poorly in Eng. SS performed in SAF. ZK performed in SA and Eng. It was perhaps a close call between VRV and MP for the Delhi test. Ishant was just called up for cover since he was a local.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #209 on: November 26, 2007, 05:26:28 AM »

Badri has declared finally ... was he scared of the Uthappa factor?

I wonder why he wanted to set over 400 off 75 overs!!!

In another match, Delhi has not lost any wicket so far ... 93/0 ... need 294 in 73 overs

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #210 on: November 26, 2007, 05:28:31 AM »

Number Crunching

VRV Singh ended the Utter Pradesh first innings with 7/112 off 21.1, this gives him an FC strike rate of 36.8 (taking away Tests).

By comparison, and this is taking away Tests, these are the FC SRs of current Indian Test bowlers.

Zaheer Khan - 42.6
RP Singh - 45.8
Munaf Patel - 46.4
Sreesanth - 61.2

Ga*eep Singh - 48.2
Ishant Sharma - 51.8
Shib Paul - 52.2
Ranadeb Bose - 55.8

Notice how those favoured by the selection panel have better FC strike rates than their non selected counterparts...

Interesting...

If you are refering to lower S/R of VRV over others selected ahead of him, i.e., ZK, RPS, MP, SS: ZK is out of this discussion, more experienced and has played more f/c games. It is easier to have a lower s/r over a handful of games, but tougher to maintain over a few seasons. The other 3 - RPS, SS, MP all made their international debuts in 2005-06 season along with VRV. Out of them, MP, SS, and RPS seemed more of a finished product than VRV.

I believe VRV is on the selection radar more than Bose, Paul, Ishant, Ga*eep. Bose and Ishant were selected for the Eng tour because VRV was injured at that time. RPS would have fallen off the radar if he had performed poorly in Eng. SS performed in SAF. ZK performed in SA and Eng. It was perhaps a close call between VRV and MP for the Delhi test. Ishant was just called up for cover since he was a local.

I agree. Just pointing it out .. because I really dont remember seeing an Indian bowler with a SR that low. His average would not be much better than the others, I guess.

As I said, it is not about VRV ... it is more about the poor ability of Indian batsmen to play anyone who bowls even a bit faster than 130kph on a slightly more helpful track.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #211 on: November 26, 2007, 05:31:02 AM »

This Punjab pair seems to be putting things beyond UP now ... unless the bowlers are able to knock over the last 3 wickets soon and then Raina delivers another special.

332 runs ahead .. 3 wickets in hand and 70 overs remaining for the day.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #212 on: November 26, 2007, 05:33:01 AM »

IK Pathan 15 5 42 2 2.80

to follow up on his first innings performance

IK Pathan 25 4 71 4 2.84

Of course, against a severely weakened Hyderabad side

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #213 on: November 26, 2007, 05:36:42 AM »

*G Gambhir (lhb) 57 120 6 0 47.50
A Chopra (rhb) 59 157 9 1 37.57

Delhi - 128/0

Need 259 more in 66 overs ... interesting chase .. given that Delhi has the first innings lead as well, they can really control the game from here on.

Mumbai needs something special from their bowlers to get 10 wickets in 66 overs.

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #214 on: November 26, 2007, 05:36:43 AM »

Badri is a FOOL for 2 reasons - not enforcing follow-on and declaring way too late. Unless perhaps TN's aim to get relegated to the plate league ;)

In another match, Delhi has not lost any wicket so far ... 93/0 ... need 294 in 73 overs

unlikely, as Delhi will not risk 3 pts to get 3 extra pts.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #215 on: November 26, 2007, 05:44:40 AM »

unlikely, as Delhi will not risk 3 pts to get 3 extra pts.

I dont think GG will scratch around .. neither will Veeru ...although Chopra can single handedly manage to get the RRR up consistently. Maybe Delhi will take it as it comes .. see how they are placed going into the final session.

But, I agree, they are unlikely to take undue risks ... especially given that they are not hard pressed to qualify.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #216 on: November 26, 2007, 05:46:33 AM »

Badri is a FOOL for 2 reasons - not enforcing follow-on and declaring way too late. Unless perhaps TN's aim to get relegated to the plate league ;)

LOL .. Karnataka going for it by the look of things. Lost one wicket already though.

*RV Uthappa (rhb) 24 19 5 0 126.31

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #217 on: November 26, 2007, 05:48:31 AM »

This Punjab pair seems to be putting things beyond UP now ... unless the bowlers are able to knock over the last 3 wickets soon and then Raina delivers another special.

332 runs ahead .. 3 wickets in hand and 70 overs remaining for the day.

Punjab have declared and given UP a target of 358 in 60 overs ;)

Maybe Kaif will go for it - UP has 1 pt to lose and 6 pts to gain.....

UP scored 375 in 70 overs in 1st innings, so why not 358 in 60 in the 2nd ;)

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #218 on: November 26, 2007, 05:49:17 AM »

Yeah .. they need a Raina special. Does Punjab need points to qualify? How is UP placed?

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #219 on: November 26, 2007, 05:57:54 AM »

Uthappa gone for a ODIesque 30 in 26 balls. TN has 63 overs to take the balance 8 wickets.

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #220 on: November 26, 2007, 05:58:40 AM »

Yeah .. they need a Raina special. Does Punjab need points to qualify? How is UP placed?

they are fairly ok - A draw will leave Punjab @ 7 and UP @ 8. Too early to say - look at last year - Mumbai had 0 pts in 3 games and then inflicted 2 innings defeats and reached the semis. 2 wins are enough to propel a team up as each win gives you 6 pts.

Vick

• Team of the Century
« Reply #221 on: November 26, 2007, 05:59:07 AM »

Number Crunching

Zaheer Khan - 42.6
RP Singh - 45.8
Munaf Patel - 46.4
Sreesanth - 61.2

Ga*eep Singh - 48.2
Ishant Sharma - 51.8
Shib Paul - 52.2
Ranadeb Bose - 55.8

Interesting...

I agree. Just pointing it out .. because I really dont remember seeing an Indian bowler with a SR that low. His average would not be much better than the others, I guess.

As I said, it is not about VRV ... it is more about the poor ability of Indian batsmen to play anyone who bowls even a bit faster than 130kph on a slightly more helpful track.

but we have seen that he doesnt bowl much faster than several of FC guys. I think his bounce is prolly more responsible for the SR than speed.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #222 on: November 26, 2007, 06:00:59 AM »

Number Crunching

Zaheer Khan - 42.6
RP Singh - 45.8
Munaf Patel - 46.4
Sreesanth - 61.2

Ga*eep Singh - 48.2
Ishant Sharma - 51.8
Shib Paul - 52.2
Ranadeb Bose - 55.8

Interesting...

but we have seen that he doesnt bowl much faster than several of FC guys. I think his bounce is prolly more responsible for the SR than speed.

guess so .. but VRV does not bowl as slow as he bowled on the WI and SA tours in Ranji matches. He is faster, at least was faster a season or two ago. And, he is definitely faster than Bose and Ga*eep ... maybe not much faster than Ishant or Paul

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #223 on: November 26, 2007, 06:03:07 AM »

Delhi - 155/0

Needs 228 in 55 overs.

*G Gambhir (lhb) 62 145 6 0 42.75
 A Chopra (rhb) 85 198 12 2 42.92

This is at the Wankhade, right?? If it gets close, I may just try to go over for a bit.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #224 on: November 26, 2007, 06:07:51 AM »

CI seems to have goofed up earlier .. the score is now the same, but they got the batsmen's scores wrong .. appears to be corrected now.

*G Gambhir (lhb) 79 162 6 0 48.76   
 A Chopra (rhb) 72 187 12 2 38.50

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #225 on: November 26, 2007, 06:08:23 AM »

Delhi - 155/0

Needs 228 in 55 overs.

*G Gambhir (lhb) 62 145 6 0 42.75
 A Chopra (rhb) 85 198 12 2 42.92

This is at the Wankhade, right?? If it gets close, I may just try to go over for a bit.

Chopra outscoring Gambhir? He seems to have most of the strike though.

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #226 on: November 26, 2007, 06:09:38 AM »

Uh ok now it makes more sense. ;D

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #227 on: November 26, 2007, 06:24:08 AM »

Abhishek Nayar - this guy may be among the next few to be tried out for that elusive all rounder category.

Batting averages  Mat Inns NO Runs  HS   Ave    SR    100  50 
First-class            12  16    0   788  152  49.25  80.5   3  3 

Bowling averages  Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI  BBM   Ave   Econ   SR   4w 5w 10
First-class             12  23  1634 763    29  3/18 5/54  26.31  2.80  56.3   0   0   0

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #228 on: November 26, 2007, 06:41:05 AM »

Abhishek Nayar - this guy may be among the next few to be tried out for that elusive all rounder category
ODI, Tests or both?

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #229 on: November 26, 2007, 06:43:32 AM »

this chateshwar pujara fellows also keeps piling on the runs, hit another 150 this week. thats his 7th FC 100 (with 4 50s) in 20 FC games
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #230 on: November 26, 2007, 06:54:40 AM »

I think DBV mentioned this CP once but more in the ODI context.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #231 on: November 26, 2007, 07:16:35 AM »

Abhishek Nayar - this guy may be among the next few to be tried out for that elusive all rounder category
ODI, Tests or both?

ODIs .. that is where all the new allrounder types play first, isnt it?

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #232 on: November 26, 2007, 07:18:19 AM »

*A Chopra (rhb) 80 205 10 1 39.02  striker    109 7396 46.22   
 G Gambhir (lhb) 83 186 8 1 44.62

Delhi need 207 in 47 overs ... with Veeru yet to come, I think the chase is very much on!!

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #233 on: November 26, 2007, 07:41:11 AM »

Delhi loses two in a row!! Chopra and Sehwag fall

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #234 on: November 26, 2007, 07:49:28 AM »

this chateshwar pujara fellows also keeps piling on the runs, hit another 150 this week. thats his 7th FC 100 (with 4 50s) in 20 FC games

Pujara is contracted by BCCI - Grade D along with Badri etc.

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #235 on: November 26, 2007, 07:50:42 AM »

Sehwag's time is running out - 16 and 0 !!!!

Sadly, GG will prolly replace KKD if he plays and fails again in the 2nd test or he doesen't play in the 2nd test.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #236 on: November 26, 2007, 08:15:45 AM »

Sehwag's time is running out - 16 and 0 !!!!

Sadly, GG will prolly replace KKD if he plays and fails again in the 2nd test or he doesen't play in the 2nd test.

Nayar gets Virat Kohli too ... GG still going on 93, but I guess Delhi will shut shop now.

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #237 on: November 26, 2007, 08:52:50 AM »

Kaif putting in a string of good scores finally - 120+, 60+, 40+ - good for him and India.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #238 on: November 26, 2007, 08:54:08 AM »

GG still there on 110. But Delhi has given up the chase.

keep-it-cool

• Team of the Century
« Reply #239 on: November 26, 2007, 08:58:43 AM »

The much maligned  *AS Yadav (rhb) 61 169 6 2 36.09
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 15   Go Up