Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New addition to the Mod team  (Read 8780 times)

ruchir

• Team of the Century
  • WC03 Final - Ganguly is in pain after a fall
Re: New addition to the Mod team
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2007, 05:25:43 PM »

Uh.. Oh!!!

I was trying to ease LN into his job by giving him something to act upon. Looks like it has been removed. Will the other mods let LN act?  It's about time he got his hands dirty... ;D ;D

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2007, 05:36:04 PM »

Kban, (while LN is still in training):
Please remove this post:
http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?topic=11156.msg138890#msg138890

feverpitch

• Team of the Century
  • Capitalism's final crisis (cartoon from 1969)
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2007, 05:38:15 PM »

Please remove this post:
http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?topic=11156.msg138890#msg138890

The return of the [god] delusion!
"Every rise of fascism bears witness to a failed revolution."
Walter Benjamin

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2007, 07:28:59 PM »

Please remove this post:

I'm not quite sure what's wrong with that post?!

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2007, 07:33:00 PM »

Will keep it short since am on vacation and the beach beckons...

An excellent move IMO. I think this will do wonders in restoring the trust in the mod team. Knowing LN he is a very balanced person and a person with integrity.

In the past I had always had this same trust in KBan's moderation but lately I have seen a lot more anger in him. Nothing wrong with it (shows his human side I guess). Having LN on the board will be a great move as he can provide the much needed balance and more importantly bring the trust back in the moderation team.

Overall its the trust factor that allows people to accept some hard decisions.

Kudos to Kban and others for taking this step  and double kudos to LN for accepting. He truly has done this for the betterment of the DG.

I was talking to Kban and Dhruv and said, certain people are going to throw in some back-handed compliments on this thread...and you haven't dissapointed.

Likeability factor has a lot to do with whether or not crimes are condoned or condemned I suppose! So LN, enjoy the last few days of your friendship!

sgusa

« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2007, 07:45:38 PM »

An excellent move IMO. I think this will do wonders in restoring the trust in the mod team. Knowing LN he is a very balanced person and a person with integrity.

In the past I had always had this same trust in KBan's moderation but lately I have seen a lot more anger in him. Nothing wrong with it (shows his human side I guess). Having LN on the board will be a great move as he can provide the much needed balance and more importantly bring the trust back in the moderation team.

Kudos to Kban and others for taking this step  and double kudos to LN for accepting. He truly has done this for the betterment of the DG.

I was talking to Kban and Dhruv and said, certain people are going to throw in some back-handed compliments on this thread...and you haven't dissapointed.

Likeability factor has a lot to do with whether or not crimes are condoned or condemned I suppose! So LN, enjoy the last few days of your friendship!

Whatever made you think LN had up to now only condoned whatever "crimes" that have happened ? Likeability factor has to do with fair and EQUAL treatement.

flute202020

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2007, 07:52:11 PM »

that ingrained thinking about "certain people" is the major problem and in fact that is the main reason I am glad there is a new addition to the Mod team.

for some reason I remember one thing, PV Narasimha Rao opted to expand the election commission when he realised he cannot remove TN Seshan.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2007, 08:03:47 PM »

Whatever made you think LN had up to now only condoned whatever "crimes" that have happened ? Likeability factor has to do with fair and EQUAL treatement.

I apologize that we have provided you with too many special taunt privileges  :)

sgusa

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2007, 08:08:04 PM »

I apologize that we have provided you with too many special taunt privileges  :)

touche'.

(now that is more like it!  ::cheers:: )

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2007, 08:10:21 PM »

that ingrained thinking about "certain people" is the major problem and in fact that is the main reason I am glad there is a new addition to the Mod team.
Luckily, despite your claims of "half the DG" ready to walk out, most people on the DG are quite familiar with the shennanigan orchestrators.
for some reason I remember one thing, PV Narasimha Rao opted to expand the election commission when he realised he cannot remove TN Seshan.
Please make your point clearly rather than wrapping them in abstract political jargon, not everyone, after all, has the political knowhow to split the party in two.

flute202020

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2007, 08:13:55 PM »

To make LN's life easy, I want to do my 2 cents from my side. Eventhough I do not understand it, but since Dex & MT seem to suggest that my signature is not friendly, I am now removing my previous signature.  Also, in addition, I think all Indians have equal right to comment about any region of India and I think I made this point before too.

I know certain people may not take it at face value, but for whatever it is worth, this is a sincere post.

flute202020

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2007, 08:17:39 PM »

Luckily, despite your claims of "half the DG" ready to walk out, most people on the DG are quite familiar with the shennanigan orchestrators.
Please make your point clearly rather than wrapping them in abstract political jargon, not everyone, after all, has the political knowhow to split the party in two.

Dex, peace.

sgusa

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2007, 08:23:04 PM »

Dang. First the sun, moon and the stars went. Now the friend who is worse than any enemy goes too ? Sad day.

colonel

• Test Match Star
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2007, 09:04:29 PM »

LN is a welcome addition to the modsquad. I am delighted because LN being an ardent supporter of the free market, he will do his utmost to keep state (that is, mod) intervenion to a minimum.  ;D ;D

To test my conjectures, I will now call Feverpitch an ass. If I'm not banned for this, I will then turn to Fineleg and the rest of you ageists.

ruchir

• Team of the Century
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2007, 09:10:35 PM »

COLONEL --

I wanted to try out LN myself. I wrote the word ****. But the Old Mods did not let LN get to it. They removed it before that.

Looks like the Old Mods are acting like Maharathis. Playing politics by not giving the "younger" guy a chance to display his "abilities".  ;D ;D Shame Shame.

When DD joined new as a Mod, I gave him ample chance to ease into the job by writing an offensive post. But no such luck for LN. Damn it....

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 08:11:08 AM by kban1 »

poondu

• Team of the Century
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2007, 09:13:59 PM »

COLONEL --

I wanted to try out LN myself. I wrote the word ****. But the Old Mods did not let LN get to it. They removed it before that.

Looks like the Old Mods are acting like Maharathis. Playing politics by not giving the "younger" guy a chance to display his "abilities".  ;D ;D Shame Shame.

When DD joined new as a Mod, I gave him ample chance to ease into the job by writing an offensive post. But no such luck for LN. Damn it....

Ruchir, Are you calling LN an old geezer ??  ;D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 08:11:33 AM by kban1 »

ruchir

• Team of the Century
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2007, 09:17:42 PM »

POONDU --

No, actually LN is the "young turk". DD is now the "old geezer", while Pitamah, DEX, BLWE have become "old farts". Unfortunately, LN will soon advance to that level.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2007, 09:20:45 PM »

LN is a welcome addition to the modsquad. I am delighted because LN being an ardent supporter of the free market, he will do his utmost to keep state (that is, mod) intervenion to a minimum.  ;D ;D

To test my conjectures, I will now call Feverpitch an ass. If I'm not banned for this, I will then turn to Fineleg and the rest of you ageists.

Colonel,
But, u called that everyday when u were room-mates, that doesn't count for a ban! :icon_jokercolor:
(FP might write something offensive as a reply to this banter with colonel, if so, I will try to ignore that...As Colonel himself says Agent Provacateur)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 09:22:37 PM by fineleg »

colonel

• Test Match Star
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2007, 09:21:45 PM »

Give him a chance. As long as he bans Fineleg at least once, he'll be alright in my book.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2007, 09:23:13 PM »

Give him a chance. As long as he bans Fineleg at least once, he'll be alright in my book.

Oh no, Colonel...I thought we were friends  :'(
have u decided to support the room-mate with partiality?

colonel

• Test Match Star
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2007, 09:23:43 PM »

But, u called that everyday when u were room-mates, that doesn't count for a ban! :icon_jokercolor:
(FP might write something offensive as a reply to this banter with colonel, if so, I will try to ignore that)

Sorry, I didn't see your post before I wrote the other one. No, when we lived together, I was always very respectful towards him and he towards me, I dare say.

colonel

• Test Match Star
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2007, 09:24:27 PM »

What is friendship without backstabbing?

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2007, 09:25:19 PM »

(FP might write something offensive as a reply to this banter with colonel, if so, I will try to ignore that)

Sorry, I didn't see your post before I wrote the other one. No, when we lived together, I was always very respectful towards him and he towards me, I dare say.

I was only bantering colonel. I think in Real Life, most folks here will get along fine. CP and Kban get along well in RL and fight to the core in DG...happens!  :icon_jokercolor:

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2007, 09:25:59 PM »

What is friendship without backstabbing?

Err...ah, u've learnt well  ::kingkong::

Cover Point

• Team of the Century
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2007, 11:57:32 PM »

Thank you Dexy for seeing demons where none exist.

Sharam karo!

k-slice

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2007, 07:26:52 AM »

hello everyone,
i have been visiting pretty often as a guest of late and have a few observations:
1. everybody on the DG is part of a small clique which is then further subdivided into 2 cliques based on our own loyalties.
2. we are so busy with our own agendas that we seldom bother to actually try and grow the DG in any way.
3. Maybe it would be helpfull if all mods except dex quit the gestapo and then you had elections . that way both cliques within their cliques would get a chance to have their dude or dudette(achutank, i apologize for the use of the dreaded d word) on the gestapo board.
4. most importantly it would be great if all of us could rope in 5 of our friends into the dg to make it bigger. then we could atleast have the neccessary quorum to form cliques.

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2007, 07:58:13 AM »

hello everyone,
i have been visiting pretty often as a guest of late and have a few observations:
1. everybody on the DG is part of a small clique which is then further subdivided into 2 cliques based on our own loyalties.
2. we are so busy with our own agendas that we seldom bother to actually try and grow the DG in any way.
3. Maybe it would be helpfull if all mods except dex quit the gestapo and then you had elections . that way both cliques within their cliques would get a chance to have their dude or dudette(achutank, i apologize for the use of the dreaded d word) on the gestapo board.
4. most importantly it would be great if all of us could rope in 5 of our friends into the dg to make it bigger. then we could atleast have the neccessary quorum to form cliques.

Welcome back K-slice!

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2007, 08:38:21 AM »

hello everyone,

Welcome back K-slice!

K-slice, please share details about Chandu Borde please!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up