Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Announcing—The Full Release of Gully Cricket  (Read 6651 times)

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
Announcing—The Full Release of Gully Cricket
« on: June 12, 2007, 07:04:21 PM »

Announcing—The Full Release of Gully Cricket

Ladies and Gentlemen:

After months of hard work, Achu’s company, <a href="http://www.qveda.com>qVeda[/url], has presented CricketVoice with its very own arcade cricket game.  While a lot of members dedicate a lot of time to different aspects of the site, Achu has always been a leader in stepping forward and helping the forum at all times in creative capacities—but this is really truly remarkable: as you may know, developing a game like this is a full-time commitment and I just want to thank all members of qVeda that worked on this project.

So please, even if you aren’t a big gamer, check out the game.  Turn up your speakers—has the most awesome sound effects.

http://www.cricketvoice.com/cricketforum2/index.php?action=arcade;sa=play;game=114

And don’t forget to give Achu a round of e-applause!   Really, no amount of praise is enough for having done this for no monetary benefit—such remarkable things happen even in this day and age!

Also a special thanks to Darshan, our latest forum member, who I was talking with in the wee hours of the morning and who patiently guided me through the installation of the game after some initial hiccups from my end.

So go and play some Gully Cricket!
--Saurabh
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 07:24:21 PM by dextrous »

justforkix

• Global Moderator
  • Team of the Century
Re: Announcing—The Full Release of Gully Cricket
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 07:16:18 PM »

Awesome - Applause to Achu and his company qVeda.....  :icon_thumleft: ::cheers::

Zacked

• Team of the Century
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 08:09:42 PM »

Applause for an awesome work....

dhruvdeepak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 08:29:24 PM »

shabaash achutan! you have showed time and again that you are the man! heartfelt thanks for taking the initiative into making our DG a better place
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.
-- Mohandas K *hi

sgusa

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 08:43:53 PM »

BTW,

Good length ball on middle /middle & leg - press 7 with proper timing to get kisses from Julie

Achu - awesome stuff man.

colonel

• Test Match Star
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 08:45:02 PM »

shabash achu.

feverpitch

• Team of the Century
  • Capitalism's final crisis (cartoon from 1969)
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 03:44:23 AM »

achu zindabad
"Every rise of fascism bears witness to a failed revolution."
Walter Benjamin

pipsqueak

• Team of the Century
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 03:47:19 AM »

great work, achu. am unable to play it so far but that's coz of my limited skill in these matters.

regardless, thanks and you are indeed the true "heavy". ;D

m

• First Class Player
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 03:49:53 AM »

Good...but too slow to load...

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007, 03:51:04 AM »

Achu,
I havent played this. But I see from dex's post that you put in a lot of effort. Cool  ::cheers::

broadbat

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • A Man With A View
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2007, 04:03:54 AM »

Bravo ::cheers:: Great that there are chaps like you in the forum

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 05:21:36 AM »

Great work....

+ves .....feels good to play some cricket ..so what even if it is on the laptop
            Nice to see those broken windows and the hits outside the apartment block

-ves .... more time spent in the Arcade

Achu...I played last evening and scored some 40 odd runs...but, it did not save my scores :(
Is there a threshold below which scores are not taken on record.... :)

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 05:23:22 AM »

BTW,

Good length ball on middle /middle & leg - press 7 with proper timing to get kisses from Julie

Mind yr language  ;)

sgusa

« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 06:34:23 AM »

achu, cant play this on my laptop since laptops dont have number pad. Can you also map the keys to some section of the alphabet part of the keyboard too ?

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 06:43:48 AM »

achu, cant play this on my laptop since laptops dont have number pad. Can you also map the keys to some section of the alphabet part of the keyboard too ?

are you sure? becoz there is a num lock facilty on my compaq which you actiavte using the Fn key it turns uio987jkl into the num pad,

but point noted and we are already started work for next release , (More surpirses in there :) )

ravi point noted,

i will ask dex to move this on top of the board, so all of you can please report bugs, suggestions, comments

in Qveda all good work is WIP :)
there is more than meets the i

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2007, 06:45:31 AM »

yes m it is a bit on the ehavy side (800k +)

but thats because we have about 20+ tracks of music, voices  and sound effects, which took nearly a month to create, but thats the killer punch in the game :)

Jai

• Team of the Century
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2007, 06:53:03 AM »

are you sure? becoz there is a num lock facilty on my compaq which you actiavte using the Fn key it turns uio987jkl into the num pad,

but point noted and we are already started work for next release , (More surpirses in there :) )

ravi point noted,

i will ask dex to move this on top of the board, so all of you can please report bugs, suggestions, comments

Yes boss, but who's going to remember these uio987jkl keys? Btw, the Intro says press 5 to activate bowler and other keys for the batsman. Does each of these keys have any significance? I mean the ones on the left are obviously for playing a shot on the on side, but is there a difference between the three keys on the left? I play another game where I use just the four arrow keys to play my shots. Pretty straight forward.

sudzz

• Team of the Century
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2007, 06:54:08 AM »

but thats because we have about 20+ tracks of music, voices  and sound effects, which took nearly a month to create, but thats the killer punch in the game :)

And you have not copyrighted all this? dude file a patent right away or get someone in the US to do it for you else you will have others copying it.

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2007, 06:56:35 AM »

ravi point noted,

Yes boss, but who's going to remember these uio987jkl keys? Btw, the Intro says press 5 to activate bowler and other keys for the batsman. Does each of these keys have any significance? I mean the ones on the left are obviously for playing a shot on the on side, but is there a difference between the three keys on the left? I play another game where I use just the four arrow keys to play my shots. Pretty straight forward.

yes12346789 are all legit shots with different results plus you use the two left, right arrow keys to move your batsman to get to balls wide of the stumps ;
if you play it long enough you will find run scoring easy becoz you start using the right combnation fo keys, unline a lot of other cricket games this one has more code working on hit areas of the bat and takes into account speed, lenght and pitch of the ball

sgusa

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2007, 06:57:59 AM »

And you have not copyrighted all this? dude file a patent right away or get someone in the US to do it for you else you will have others copying it.

Erm, cant patent it. But yes, you can get a copyright.

Achu, actually for the US, if you use a 128 bit key encryption of your media, and have your browser client decrypt it , under DRM it automatically becomes illegal to decrypt and re-use. Ofcourse it wont stop any one in India from stealing it since no one worries about american/international copyright in India :) We can only watch out and expose any copies.

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2007, 07:04:51 AM »

now sgusa and sudzz you guys are giving me tension

did nt think in those terms actually

now you got me thinking  :-\

Jai

• Team of the Century
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 07:05:54 AM »

ravi point noted,

yes12346789 are all legit shots with different results plus you use the two left, right arrow keys to move your batsman to get to balls wide of the stumps ;
if you play it long enough you will find run scoring easy becoz you start using the right combnation fo keys, unline a lot of other cricket games this one has more code working on hit areas of the bat and takes into account speed, lenght and pitch of the ball

Yes, of course a great effort. It's pretty obvious that a lot of hard work has gone into it. I had missed that 'move your batsman' part and was missing a lot of ball during practice. Hope to do better. But it's playing very slow on my PC which doesn't have a good configuration (I can still watch live stream and play other games though) and it's tough to play on my laptop with that key combinations.

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2007, 07:10:07 AM »

ravi point noted,

Yes, of course a great effort. It's pretty obvious that a lot of hard work has gone into it. I had missed that 'move your batsman' part and was missing a lot of ball during practice. Hope to do better. But it's playing very slow on my PC which doesn't have a good configuration (I can still watch live stream and play other games though) and it's tough to play on my laptop with that key combinations.
So buy a new computer.

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2007, 07:11:19 AM »

ravi point noted,

fast computers - street in perth
slow computers - street in sri lanka

Jai

• Team of the Century
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 07:13:02 AM »

ravi point noted,

fast computers - street in perth
slow computers - street in sri lanka

Good one ;D  ;D ;D

Jai

• Team of the Century
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2007, 07:20:42 AM »

So buy a new computer.

I am planning to. Thanks for the advice though.

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2007, 07:30:19 AM »

ravi point noted,

Oh incidentally, I feel like the "God of the offside" ....The leg side shots lack power...Not sure if it is a bug or my batting needs some technical advice...Now, where do I go searching for my original Coach  ???

Blwe_torch

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
  • Last man standing
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2007, 07:31:12 AM »

Congrats Achu!...Great work! :notworthy:

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 07:34:14 AM »

So buy a new computer.

I am planning to. Thanks for the advice though.

Achu,
Pls. get ur commission from Bill Gates or Steve Jobs.
You are going to make many people upgrade to a new computer.

It would help though if you ask your programmers (or maybe you are one yourself) to reduce the footprint by about 30-50% - will help to play in older machines also.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 07:35:56 AM by fineleg »

sgusa

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2007, 07:39:15 AM »

Achu, can you download media on demand, as and when needed (for clients that have decent bandwidth , ie broadband connections) ? that might reduce the footprint.

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2007, 07:45:31 AM »

Talking of Gully cricket - What were some of the "RULES AND REGULATIONS" for gully cricket when you played in the streets? I remember things like Hit (without bouncing off the ground) into a house thrice (or was it twice) and YOU ARE OUT.

If it Hits the wall of house after u hit (without bouncing on ground) and someone catches it, depending on the who the captain is, that is given OUT (connect with wall and catch!) Essentially wall is like a player where it can bounce off and u can catch for OUT.

Many of the restrictions were on BATTING.

Do you folks recall any BOWLING restrictions?

Achu: You can use these for NEW RULES in ur Games...Free user input :::queen:::

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2007, 08:13:20 AM »

Achu, can you download media on demand, as and when needed (for clients that have decent bandwidth , ie broadband connections) ? that might reduce the footprint.

yes you can, origianlly we had two-three streams for game and media, but there seems to be some problem with the calling on the Arcade module (that is the code of the SM forum) and we could not stream the media in the Arcade module

you can check out one version of pre-streaming in www.qveda.com

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2007, 08:14:43 AM »

Talking of Gully cricket - What were some of the "RULES AND REGULATIONS" for gully cricket when you played in the streets? I remember things like Hit (without bouncing off the ground) into a house thrice (or was it twice) and YOU ARE OUT.

If it Hits the wall of house after u hit (without bouncing on ground) and someone catches it, depending on the who the captain is, that is given OUT (connect with wall and catch!) Essentially wall is like a player where it can bounce off and u can catch for OUT.

yes in the next version there are two catchers on ground and one on the first floor (right now he is reading a newspaper :))

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2007, 08:18:27 AM »

yes in the next version there are two catchers on ground and one on the first floor (right now he is reading a newspaper :))

:icon_thumleft:

Libran

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2007, 08:59:21 AM »

yes you can, origianlly we had two-three streams for game and media, but there seems to be some problem with the calling on the Arcade module (that is the code of the SM forum) and we could not stream the media in the Arcade module

Publicity for phreee...eh achu    .... :icon_jokercolor:

achutank

• Marketing Moderator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2007, 09:04:20 AM »

Publicity for phreee...eh achu    .... :icon_jokercolor:

actually you should go to our site, there is something there you'd enjoy , its got one creative thing and the rest is simple vanilla stuff, but the one thing makes you wonder if there can't be a different way to a corporate site 

sudzz

• Team of the Century
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2007, 09:31:28 AM »

:icon_thumleft:

When we played there were these below

1. If you break a windown you are out but the runs will count

2. Catches taken off branches of trees will count as out

3. If the bat touches the ball you have to take the run else you are out

4. Of course the varition played in narrower alleys was "One Tappa Out"

fineleg

• Team of the Century
  • she is the IPL Winnah!
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2007, 09:44:29 AM »

Sudzz,
#1 - How many runs for breaking a window? Is it a sixer  ;D

#4 - What is "One Tappa Out"? (Is it the caught in one bounce after hitting the ground?)

dextrous

• Administrator
  • Team of the Century
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 09:46:29 AM »

#4 - What is "One Tappa Out"? (Is it the caught in one bounce after hitting the ground?)

shudh hindi main: jab gayndva ek bar tipak jayva na, to lapak ke akdam pakro rahin--bujhte ho ka?

sgusa

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 10:37:36 PM »

shudh hindi main: jab gayndva ek bar tipak jayva na, to lapak ke akdam pakro rahin--bujhte ho ka?

:D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up